Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anitha Reddy T
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anitha Reddy TYour feedback matters!
Dysmenorrhea or painful periods occur when a woman feels pain in the stomach area, thighs, back and legs. This kind of a pain is very common during periods. While many consider this to be a common problem, extreme pain and cramps are not supposed to be taken too lightly.
The nature and severity of pain vary from one female to another. In some patients, the pain is mild. In others, the pain is severe. In fact, it may be so severe that one is forced to be in bed. While some have cramping pains, others feel discomfort only. In some cases, the pain is in the abdomen or lower abdomen. In others, the pain occurs in the back or legs. Some other symptoms too accompany the pain. Nausea or vomiting are commonly present with the pain. Irritability may also be seen. Some patients lose appetite. In most of the cases, the onset of pain is a little before the menses. The pain is usually relieved when the flow begins or at the most by the second day. Relief in pain is felt with hot fomentation or by bending double.
Homeopathic Medicines For Painful Menses:
Most females keep taking painkillers when they have pain. This is repeated at every menstrual cycle as they start thinking that this is normal. There is no need to think so. Homeopathic medicines are very effective in curing this problem. There are dozens of medicines that can be indicated according to the symptoms. All of the medicines have given wonderful results in my hands. Here I have compiled a list of the most commonly used medicines. The list has been named as the 5 best Homeopathic medicines for painful menses.
The extent and nature of the pain differ from one woman to another. In a few patients, the pain is very subtle. In others, the pain is extreme. Here are a few homeopathic cures that can help get rid of the period pain:
Lac Caninum helps in getting rid of painful swelling and tenderness in breasts that occur before the period and the pain may occur alternately.
Pulsatilla is the most commonly used homeopathic medication. Mood swings are common during periods; hence it helps in curing them as well. It is more suited for the women who experience subtle and tender pain. The person tends to get very emotional. Periods are generally late. The patient usually feels better outdoors and they do not feel thirsty easily. All these can be cured with Pulsatilla.
Cimicifuga is used when there is a pain that feels like cramps. It is one of the best homeopathic medicines for painful periods. It is also one of the best homeopathic medicine for extremely painful periods when other side effects show up as well. The pain usually occurs in the lower stomach area, but tends to shoot down towards the legs as well.
Mag Phos is very helpful in situations where the pain is usually relieved by using heating pads. The pain is likewise improved by applying pressure. The periods are dull. The pain increases due to cold and at night. Mag Phos is hence, one of the best homeopathic medicines for periods as well.
Nux Vomica is used when there is a continuous urge to pass stool while experiencing pain in the pelvic area. Nux Vomica is one of the best homeopathic treatments for such painful periods.
Belladonna is effective in situations where the pain begins and stops all of a sudden. The face tends to become hot, red and flushed. The blood flow is extremely red. The pain might be in the form of cramps as well.
- Chamomilla is used when the individual might be excessively touchy and feels extreme pain even if it is not that painful. The blood might be dark with large clots with a scarlet red hue. The person might also have extreme mood swings. Also, excruciating pain extends down the inner thighs. The individual tends to crave frosty beverages and the pain is more pronounced when she is lying down.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Infertility refers to being able to get pregnant after one year of trying. Women who can get pregnant but are unable to stay pregnant are also termed as infertile. Ovulatory disorders are one of the most common reasons why women are unable to conceive and is presen in 30% of women suffering from infertility.
- Hormonal problems: Ovulation is linked with a complex balance of hormones and any disruption in the process can hinder ovulation. The disruption includes the fact that the ovaries are not producing normal follicles in which the eggs can mature. Ovulation is rare if the eggs are immature and there are no chances of fertilization. Polycystic ovary syndrome is the most common disorder responsible for infertility. Malfunction of the hypothalamus leading to failure in triggering hormonal stimulus to ovaries for egg maturation leading to immature eggs and ovarian failure. Malfunction of the pituitary gland leading to imbalance in hormonal secretion thus causing disturbance in ovulation. This can occur due to physical injury, a tumour or a chemical imbalance in the pituitary.
- Scarred ovaries: Ovulation failure can also be due to a physical damage to the ovaries. Invasive surgeries involving ovarian cysts leads to damaging or scarring of capsule of the ovary to become due to which follicles cannot mature leading to disruption of ovulation.
- Premature menopause: Early menopause or premature menopause before the normal age means that the natural supply of eggs has been depleted. This is most common in extremely athletic women with a history of low body weight and extensive exercise.
- Follicle problems: Infertility is also caused due to non-ruptured follicle syndrome in which women who produce a normal follicle, with an egg inside of it, every month but the follicle fails to rupture. This leads to disruption of ovulation as the egg remains inside the ovary.
- Others: Treating female infertility by chemotherapy is next to premature ovarian failure by loss of primordial follicles. Sexually transmitted infections are a leading cause of infertility. Tobacco smoking is detrimental to the ovaries and the amount of damage is dependent upon the amount and length of time of exposure of smoke in the environment. Nicotine in cigarettes interfere with the body’s ability to create oestrogen, a hormone that regulates ovulation. In addition, blocked fallopian tubes due to pelvic inflammatory disease or surgery for an ectopic pregnancy also causes infertility. Infertility can also be due to physical problems with the uterus or fibroids of uterus where non-cancerous clumps of tissue and muscle on the walls of the uterus. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Me and my girlfriend are HIV negative, then What are the possibilities to have AIDS, HIV and other complications, when having intercourse with my girlfriend?
Hello doc, Since few months I am experiencing less blood flow during my periods. My HB before two months was 10. I'm worried about the less blood flowing. The periods last for two days hardly. The rate of obesity is also increasing differentially. Kindly guide me for the best.
Hello, My wife last periods was 16/02/2016 after that we have a sex for 3 times continuous in the first week of march. Now he missed his period and he get pregnant I have checked through prega kit. Now I want to know that I have not left my sperm in his vagina during intercourse how she get pregnant. I heard that if girl get urinate she will not get pregnant, but in 3 days continuous 1 day we have intercourse after she urinate is there any reason for his pregnancy. Second thing I want to abort the baby is there is any pill or any home remedies that can abort pregnancy. Please suggest.
Are you looking for a good body massage procedure, which will help in rejuvenating your senses and also lighten up your skin? You should go for Njavarakizhi. It is an effective Ayurvedic therapy with several benefits. It is especially good for people suffering from paralysis, arthritis, lethargy, body weakness, stress and trauma. It also helps in maintaining an ideal muscle tone and relaxes your mind.
The procedure of the Njavarakizhi may take up to an hour. First, your body will be preconditioned using oil. After you are massaged all over the body with the oil, you will be allowed to relax and lie down for some time. While you relax, Njavara rice gets cooked with milk and some herbs. Herbs such as deodar, mustard, sida and even milk and ghee are used for preparation. After being cooked, the preparation is placed in cotton pouches and used to massage your body. The pouches are gently rubbed and pressed on your body for 40 minutes. Then, the rice is applied all over body while it is still warm. After wiping it off, another type of oil is applied on your body as you relax. For making the treatment more effective, certain oral medicines may also be taken, such as Leyham and Kashayam.
Health benefits of Njavarakizhi
There are several important health benefits of Njavarakizhi, which include the following:
- Your skin is kept healthy. The skin being the largest body organ, needs proper care. This treatment is very effective in improving your skin texture and making it bright and beautiful.
- The treatment enhances your muscle tone and strengthens your muscles. In case you are experiencing body-weakness in general because of aging, Njavarakizhi is ideal for you.
- This treatment helps in lowering body cholesterol levels. High cholesterol is a major health condition in modern day and the Njavarakizhi therapy is an ideal remedy. Because of the innate effect of sweat inducing, blood circulation is regulated and cholesterol levels are lowered.
- Njavarakizhi therapy is very effective for giving relief to stress. It helps you to relax and eliminates traces of stress. The mind gets to be at rest, which allows you to calm down and relax.
- Njavarakizhi also helps in easing pain and inflammation that is associated with arthritis. Moreover, regular Njavarakizhi treatments help in strengthening your muscles and hence, you are provided with long-term relief from arthritis symptoms.
These and many other wonderful therapies are there in Ayurveda which not only cures but detoxifies your body. This is an all natural therapy which is associated with no side effects. Kindly consult to know what are the best Ayurvedic solutions for you in terms of diet, home remedies, therapies and medicines.
Dear Doctor, My girlfriend is 25 years old. We have been dating for the past 3 years now and are committed. She explained to me that from the time she first got her periods, they have been rather irregular. She would also develop certain skin conditions during her periods such as acne on her face or increase in oiliness as well as dryness of her lips. Her gynac after performing certain tests said that she releases several eggs at a time, rather than the usual one when she ovulates. Under his prescription she has been taking a course of Aristelle (Ethinyl Estradiol, Dienogest) ever since As I understand, this drug is a hormonal contraceptive. She has continued this course for the past several years now and has been doing well in terms of skin symptoms and regularity of her period. My question to you is, for how long do you think it would be safe to continue this course without causing any disturbance to her body. We are clear that we want to have sex only after marriage. Hence I would like to know if there would be anything to keep in mind when we do decide that we would like to conceive. I look forward to your kind help. With Gratitude
My vagina is dry and itchy. There is some off white/yellowish discharge near the vagina which is slightly clumpy like the clots on cotton cloths but no smell or odour.
My friend and her boyfriend had unprotected sex on the 24th and 25th day of her cycle, where usual cycle are in a range of 25-29. She hasn't got her periods till date and also afraid that is there any chance of being pregnant.
I have itching in my vagina and their is curd like discharge and smell bed. I have even not done any sexual intercourse, please tell me the possible reasons of this problem and its solution. I will be waiting for your kind answer.
Mere girlfriend ko 2 july ko period aya tha. Mai 9 july ko protection use ker ke sex kiya tha. Fir 21 july ko bina protection ka sex kiya. Aaj 2nd august ho gya per period nhi hai. Kya meri girlfriend pregnent ho gyi hai. Kya kru please give me advice & help.
HeLlo doctor. After my 1st intercourse with my husband I'm bleeding for 3 to 4 days. Before 15 days I got my menses cycle. But now again I'm bleeding. The bleeding was not so high. I'm unable to understand whether it is menses or something else. Due to this I'm afraid to participate in sex. Can I participate in sex normally or else I need to wait until bleeding stops.
With terminal illnesses like cancer, the disease is not the only thing that requires treatment. In addition to controlling the severity and spread of the main disease, the effect it has on the other body systems including emotional, social, psychological problems and also physical issues like pain and inflammation. Though the disease has reached an advanced stage and cannot be cured, the patient can be made to be pain-free and at peace to the extent possible.
The goal of palliative care is not to cure - in fact, palliative care is in place for diseases like cancer from the time it is diagnosed and treatment is begun but becomes the major component of treatment once the cancer is identified to be in terminal stages. Therapeutic care aimed at curing the cancer is gradually reduced and palliative care assumes a bigger role. This is also called as symptomatic care, supportive care, or comfort care.
Aspects of palliative care: Once the disease is identified to be in terminal stages, then the following become considerations:
- Stay at home or hospital
- Withdraw chemotherapy and radiation?
- Withdraw feeding tube
- Spiritual discussions
- Reduce anxiety
- Good quality time with the family
- Reduce pain and suffering
As is evident, there is a huge component of social/emotional/spiritual management in addition to reducing pain and suffering:
- Physical: Pain, fatigue, shortness of breath, sleeplessness, loss of appetite are some symptoms that need to be managed. In addition to pain killers, small exercises can be included to make them feel better, even if it is just getting a breath of fresh air.
- Social: Depression (learn the ways to handle depression), anxiety, uncertainty, fear are all looming large and they are not sure how to manage these feelings. Talking to a counselor or some close family member or friend can be a big relief - the burden is off their chest.
- Legal: There could be issues related to property, insurance, property that also need to be discussed. External help can be sought if required to provide financial counselling and legal advice.
- Spiritual: Looking into the spiritual needs and understanding the deeper meaning of life, restoring faith are some things that also can help them feel better. "Why did this happen to me?" is a question most people keep asking and while there is no answer, some solace can be provided through talks.
It is to be noted that palliative care is not just for the patient. The caretakers (family and close friends) are equally in need of some support. So, once the patient is identified to be in terminal stages, all effort is made so the final leg of the journey is peaceful and as painless as possible.