Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Anitha KYour feedback matters!
Mere utress me bhut swelling rehta hai jiski wajah se mere kabhi jyada bleeding to kbhi kan bleeding rhta h. Periods bhi barabar nahi aata 2 month me aata hai thyroid etc sb test ho gye h thyroid nhi h mere bs uterus me hi swelling bahut rehta h please suggest me Dr.
I am 26 years old. I had period date on 8 th may. 2nd may me and my husband got closed but we dint do intercourse. I missed my period. I did preg test. It shows negative. So I took regegestrone 5 mg. Today is the last day of taking medicine. Could you please advice what I can do if I miss my period again.
My fiancee witnesses irregular periods regularly. Her average difference between each period ranges from 1 and a half to 2 months. Is there a problem with her. Will she face any prob after marriage. Pls help.
I have been using yasmin tablets from the last two months. Last month my periods were fine and regular but this month I did not get my period properly. Jst a little drops.
This ques is for my gf. But since" someone else does not contain that category. I am writing this as myself. My gf always have very painful menstruation, and even at time of sex (which never happen, because she have so much of pain) even if I finger (1/3rd of my finger) she starts crying because of pain. And hence I am here to ask. What exactly is the reason behind this. I do know that in childhood she lifted something heavy, so at that time gynecologist gave her a heads up that she can not conceive and will have problems in menstruation also. But these symptoms can lead to cervix cancer? Or other part over there i.e painful menstruation + painful intimacy. If there is anything outside the box solution please let me know. Also I told her to meet a gynecologist but she says she do not want to hear this bad news (will never be a mother kind of thing) as of now. She says she will think about it after marriage. At the same time I think she is ruining life of her future husband as well. (in either case). Please suggest me what to do and give me a heads up what is this all about. Many thanks.
Me and my partner had unprotected sex 1 month ago. But she took the ipill. And nxt mnth she got periods 15 days late. But now we noticed even after getting periods, her weight is increasing. Is it a sign of pregnancy? please reply.
Hi doctor I want to loose my weight because I have pcod multiple ovarian cyst 4 mm to 7 mm. Doing 1 hour walking and 30 mins yoga now I lost 6 kg. Current weight 62 kg now height 5.3. So tell me how much walking I have to increase please tell me.
When you’re trying to conceive a baby, waiting for your next period can be a test of patience. If your menstrual cycle varies from month to month or if you haven’t been keeping track of your cycle dates you may not even be sure of when your period is to begin. However, a missed period is not the only sign of pregnancy. Here are ten others signs to watch out for.
- Sensitive nipples: As your hormone levels increase so does the blood supply to the breasts and nipples. This can make you feel extra sensitivity in the form of a tingling sensation around the nipples.
- Nausea: Morning sickness affects most pregnant women but some women are spared this experience. Morning sickness can start as early as four weeks into the pregnancy and is marked by feelings of queasiness and an urge to vomit. Despite its name, morning sickness can affect a woman at any time of the day.
- Frequent urination: A combination of surging hormones and a higher volume of blood in the body can make your kidneys work extra hard. From the 6th week of pregnancy onwards, women find themselves urinating more frequently. This may also be accompanied by a burning sensation.
- Food cravings: Cravings for ice cream, pickles etc. is often joked about when it comes to pregnancy, but this can be one of the first signs of pregnancy. After conceiving a baby, a woman is likely to go off certain flavours even though they may be things she liked otherwise. You may also notice a metallic taste in your mouth and change in your sensitivity to the smell of things as well.
- Tiredness: As the body gears up to nurture a growing foetus, mothers find themselves abnormally tired. Pregnancy hormones also add to this feeling along with making you upset and emotional. This fatigue is often highest in the first and third trimester.
- Darker nipples: Pregnancy hormones can also cause changes in the appearance of your skin. One of the first noticeable changes is darkening of the nipples. Your nipples may also become more erect and the bumps around them may become more pronounced.
- Spotting: It is easy to mistake light bleeding for a period, but if you are pregnant this is known as implantation bleeding. The reason for this spotting is not known but it occurs as the fertilised egg settles into the uterus. This spotting may also be accompanied by mild cramps.
- Bloating: Pregnancy hormones can make you feel bloated especially in the abdominal area. This feeling is similar to the feeling some women have just before their menstrual cycle begins.
- Mood swings: Pregnancy hormones affect neurotransmitters in the brain. For some women, this can cause heightened emotions while for others it can lead to depression and anxiety.
- High basal body temperature: Basal temperature refers to your lowest body temperature and is usually taken as soon as you wake up. If your basal temperature has been higher than normal for more than two weeks consecutively, it may be a sign that you are pregnant. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Hello doctor. I didn't had my periods. 2 months passed I had my last periods on July 5th I had some intercourse on the June and in July I had my normal periods. After my last periods I don't have any intercourse. Asyou told I had taken the home pregnancy test and I can't understand whether it is positive or negative. First a very little pink Colour appeared near T but it was a not a line so I thought it was invalid and after a long time I had seen a single line on C. So please help me I want to know whether it is negative or positive. Should I take the test again.
Being the first to be noticed, every person (especially woman) tries their best to make sure that the face does not show signs of ageing. As soon as dark circles or pigments appear or the skin begins to sag, people start to look for ways to control this and reverse the ageing look.
What is a thread lift?
A thread lift is a convenient and safe method that is less invasive and can help in reducing the sagging skin around the jawline and neck. The results are far better than conventional surgical methods and with much lesser risk too.
What is done?
Tiny incisions are made in the marked areas of the skin through which special threads are inserted. They are left in place for a while so that they can attach to the skin. The threads also have small cones or hooks embedded in them, which stimulate collagen production when the thread is left in place. This increases the duration of producing a youthful appearance. They are then lifted off, bringing with them the skin too, giving it a literal lift. This helps in repositioning the skin and surrounding facial tissue, giving a facelift that is almost immediately noticeable.
It does not require anaesthesia and the patient is usually awake during the procedure. The patient can even see the results and ask for further lifts to get the desired results. The threads are then knotted in place and left behind in the skin. The threads may or may not dissolve over a period of time. If not dissolvable, they need to be removed. The threads are usually of clear polypropylene and are used along the contour lines that are naturally present in the face. They can be absorbable or nonabsorbable.
Who is it for?
Anybody with good quality skin, usually in the 30s to 60s age group, where the sagging is just beginning to set in and is not very visible. There is still sufficient collagen deposits in these people to allow for regeneration. They also can be useful in younger people to improve facial contours or correct asymmetry.
Referred to as lunchtime facials, there are multiple benefits to this magical procedure.
- These help restore a youthful appearance, especially in the brows, cheeks and neck areas.
- Less commonly, they are also used on the breasts, buttocks and upper arms.
- They can help in improving muscle tone and improving aged appearance.
- They are also useful in shaping and lifting sagging areas.
- The results can last from 1.5 to 4 years, depending on skin care routine and type of treatment done.
- Talk to your surgeon about what to expect before going ahead with the procedure. A well-trained surgeon can definitely do wonders with these threads.
I want to know about kegel exercises. How and when to do it. Who can do it and what is it's benefit. Is it beneficial for both man and woman.
My menstrual cycle is of 40 day so on which are the days for having sex for expecting to be pregnant?
Dear Doctor, It has been 3.6 year to our marriage and we are trying for a baby since last two year and from last eight month we are consulting with Gyno, in our initial test my wife is diagnosed with hypothyroid (TSH Level 5.255) so our doctor prescribed us Thyronorm 12.5 mgc. Again after 3 month we did TSH test and this time TSH level has been decreased to 4.861. Meanwhile she asked us for several test which includes: Semen Analysis, follicular studies and HSG however she never asked for FSG test. Each of these test are normal. After 6 month we again did TSH test and this time TSH level has been increased to 7.442. After that, I have taken consultation from other doctor and she asked us to do AMH and TB Gold test. Here my concern is no one is giving importance to TSH level and asking for different test however as per my research TSH level should be in 1 to 2 range to get pregnant successfully. So, isn't doctor should focus on thyroid treatment before going for other test. It would be very helpful for us if you can provide us your valuable comments on this. Also could you please suggest correct does of Thyronorm.
In vitro fertilization (IVF) is a medical procedure that side-steps the sexual act of conceiving and helps infertile couples, conceive a biological child. It involves the manual process of fertilization by combining an egg and sperm in the laboratory and then implanting the embryo into the female to impregnate her.
The inability to give birth through the natural way is caused due to complications like: blocked fallopian tubes, unexplained infertility, polycystic ovary syndrome or PCOS, endometriosis: where parts of the womb lining grow out of the womb, premature ovarian failure and so on.
If you or your partner is having trouble conceiving, you should opt for in vitro fertilization. It holds benefits like-
1. High success rates: Women who underwent in vitro fertilisation using fresh embryos of their own fresh eggs, the projected live birth percentage was 32.2% for those under 35 years, 27.7% for women aged between 35 and 37 years, lowering to 5.0% in 43 to 44 year olds and 1.9% for ages above 45. It has been proved that a female’s ability to conceive decreases with age. If infertility is detected at a younger age, the process of IVF is highly advantageous and successfully results in childbirth.
2. Proven track record: Technology has come a long way since the first baby via IVF Louise Brown was born in 1978 using a natural IVF. Medical techniques have advanced to create safer and successful treatment. The usage of the safest forms of IVF with low drug regimens today, have prevented side effects such as ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS).
3. Harvests multiple eggs: If you are planning to have more than one child, via IVF you can freeze multiple eggs for future use. Unused or spare embryos can be donated to medical organisations for research purposes or to another couple willing to have a child.
IVF has proven successful in giving couples a wholesome and happy life.