Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AnithaYour feedback matters!
I am 12 weeks and 5 days pregnant. And it is an unwanted pregnancy so for an abortion we went to a gynecologist she said you have to take misoprostol before d&c 24 hours before. So when I searched about that it causes abortion automatically and opens the cervix and expels out fetus and then after 24 hours d&c is done by doctor. But my question is that is it necessary to get d&c done after taking dosage of misoprostol or simply wait for next menses. And regular check by ultrasound that abortion is complete or not. Kindly help me in this situation what to do?
My pregnancy test of urine comes positive.& It is today 10th day since we have sex. But I don't want to be pregnant? What to do? Is there any medicine available?
Hi .i have 10 months old baby. My wife drunk non alcohol beer. Is there any any problems for baby because breast feeding.
Health Benefits of Sugarcane Juice (Ganne Ka Ras)
Sugarcane (Ganna), belongs to the grass family (Poaceae), is a most beneficial crop which is found in India in sufficient amount everywhere. It is available at a very cheap price for everyone so anyone can be part of its beneficial aspects. It depends on a person that how he like to have sugarcane. Sugarcane can be chewed using the teeth or drank its juice which is found by crushing the peeled sugarcane in the machine. Generally, its juice with lemon, mint, ginger and black salt flavor is liked by the people.
It was first originated in the New Guinea which was then distributed to all over the world. Commercially, it is grown in many countries including South Asia, Southeast Asia, Brazil, Latin America and etc. Sugarcane juice is one of the most widely drinking juice in India, generally in the Rajasthan, Andhra Pradesh, Punjab, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Himachal Pradesh, Gujarat, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh.
People generally buy the sugarcane juice from the street vendors. At some places, it is also found at the food courts. Sugarcane juice has the combinations of sugars like the glucose, sucrose, and fructose. Sugarcane juice is also famous by the name like oosacha ras or ganne ka ras in the Maharashtra.
Benefits of Sugarcane Juice/Ganne Ka Ras
Sugarcane juice has a variety of nutrients which aids in the better health. Here I am mentioning some of its beneficial aspects:
Remedy for Sore Throat - Sugarcane Juice is considered as the best home remedy for the person having a sore throat, flu or freezing.
Increases Muscle Power - Ganna ras provides natural glucose to the body necessary for maintaining the muscle power.
Rehydrates Body - It removes weakness from the body by rehydrating the body thus known as the instant body booster and used by the athletes.
Prevents from Protein Loss - It is useful for the person suffering from the fever and maintains the protein loss in the body.
Treats Jaundice - Sugarcane Juice is very helpful for the person suffering from jaundice and provides instant recovery from jaundice by maintaining the glucose level in the body.
Regulates Digestive System Functioning - It is a very good energy drink for the well being of the digestive system.
Treats Constipation - It also provides help in treating constipation due to its high potassium level.
Promotes Wound Healing - It has a type of sugar called as the sucrose which is a natural resource helps in wound healing as well as boosting the immune system.
Strengthens Major Body Organs - It assists to a great level in strengthening the major organs such as the eyes, stomach, heart, kidneys, mind, sex organs and etc if used regularly.
Prevents from Heart Diseases - It also prevents from the heart diseases and strokes as it decreases the bad body cholesterol level and triglycerides.
Contains All Essential Nutrients - Sugarcane juice has all the required vitamins and minerals having precious health benefits for the person suffering various diseases.
Treats various Diseases
Sugarcane juice helps in treating the dysuria (burning sensation while passing urine), prostatitis, kidney stones, STD (sexually transmitted disease), urinary tract infections and etc if taken with lime juice or coconut water.
Ganna ras also assists in other problems like high acidity, cystitis, enlarged prostate, gonorrhea, nephritis and etc.
Prevents from Cancer - Sugarcane juice is alkaline in nature thus helps in fighting from the various type of cancer like prostate and breast cancer.
Promotes Bone Growth - Sugarcane juice is helpful in the growth and development of the bones because of its calcium and phosphorous contents.
Prevents from Anemia - Ganna ras is very useful to the person suffering from the anemia as it has a good amount of the iron which enhances the Hb level in the body.
Rich Source of Antioxidants - Sugarcane juice has an antioxidant property because of its flavonoid and phenolic compounds availability which works as an anti-inflammatory, antiviral, anti-allergic, anti-tumor agents and prevents the body from various diseases accordingly.
Prevents from DNA Damage - Its antioxidants property protects us from the radiation-induced DNA damage as well as from the oxidative degradation of the cellular lipids or fats. It also fights with the free radicals and prevents aging.
Rich Source of Live Enzymes - Freshly prepared juice of the sugarcane has different live enzymes as well as nutrients which get absorbed by the body and nourishes the body.
Treats Kidney Disorders - Drinking fresh ganna ras in enough amount helps in treating kidney disorders and other urinary problems.
Benefits of Sugarcane Juice for Liver/in Jaundice
Sugarcane juice is very beneficial for the major organ of the body called liver as it helps in treating jaundice which is a liver function disorder. Jaundice causes yellow pigmentation of the skin and skin membranes because of the increased level of bile pigment called bilirubin. Bile pigment level increases due to poor liver functions or obstructed bile ducts. During jaundice, it has become very necessary to bring bilirubin level up to the normal as well as normalize the liver functioning which requires lots of medicine and home remedies.
To get fast recovery from jaundice and liver functioning disorders, sugarcane juice acts as the best home remedy for such ailments. Some of the benefits are mentioned below:
Strengthens Liver - It acts as a natural high energetic drink having refined sugar of low glycemic index which helps in strengthening the liver.
Treats Acidity - Ganne ka ras is alkaline in nature which helps in maintaining the acid-base balance and treating acidity.
Maintains Protein in Body - It fulfills the requirement of protein which was lost during the jaundice fever.
Provides Fast Recovery - Ganna ras provides faster recovery from jaundice if taken a glass of sugarcane juice 2-3 times a day.
Boosts Immune System - Ganna juice has lots of antioxidants which makes body immune system stronger to fight against liver infections as well as normalizes the bilirubin level.
Benefits of Sugarcane Juice for Weight Loss
Reduces Weight - As sugarcane juice reduces the bad cholesterol level in the body and has natural sugar thus helps in reducing the weight.
It's high soluble fibers content aids a lot in the weight management strategy.
Removes Body Toxins - Sugarcane juice cleanses our - body improves the metabolism and detoxifies our body by eliminating all the toxins from the body which aids a lot in the gradual weight loss process.
Benefits of Sugarcane Juice for Diabetes
Maintains Sugar Level - Ganne ka ras is a natural sweetener which does not require other sugar to make it sweet thus beneficial for the diabetic person which does not involve in the disturbing the sugar levels.
Has Low Glycemic Index - Sugarcane juice is very beneficial for the for diabetic patients as it has a very low glycemic index.
Benefits of Sugarcane Juice During Pregnancy
Increases Hb Level and Prevents Baby from Birth Defects
Because of its iron and folates contents, it is very beneficial for the pregnant women. It enhances the Hb level in the pregnant women as well as prevents the unborn baby from a variety of birth defects.
Benefits of Sugarcane Juice for Skin
Prevents from Ageing - Sugarcane juice has antioxidant property as it has flavonoids and phenolic compounds which make the skin healthy, shiny, soft, supple, fair as well as prevents from early aging and wrinkles.
Moisturizes the Skin - Ganna ras rehydrate and moisturize the body thus makes the skin soft and bright.
Nutritional Benefits of Sugarcane Juice per 1 oz (28.35 g)
(Source: USDA Nutrient database)
Protein: 0.20 g
Water: 0.19 g
Ash: 0.66 g
Fat: 0.09 g
Total Calories: 111. 43
Total Carbohydrates: 27.40 g
Sugar: 25.71 g
Riboflavin: 0.16 mg
Niacin: 0.20 mg
Pantothenic Acid: 0.09 mg
Iron: 0.57 mg
Magnesium: 2.49 mg
Calcium: 32.57 mg
Phosphorus: 0.01 mg
Potassium: 162.86 mg
Manganese: 0.09 mg
Copper: 0.09 mg
Disadvantages of Sugarcane Juice
As sugarcane juice has a lot of health benefits, it also has various health risks because of its unhygienic conditions it is prepared in. Sugarcane juice is considered as the best culture medium for the various microorganisms. That's why it is recommended that drink only fresh juice or the one kept in the freeze. Never drink already made juice or the juice kept outside the freeze.
The person may be infected with the Chagas disease if he drinks sugarcane juice from the roadside stalls. Drinking sugarcane juice from such places may also be contaminated with the feces of insect vector which may lead to the serious health hazards.
Mostly the engines used to crush the sugarcane are used a lot of oil to get moved easily. These oils have harmful effects on the health.
How much Sugarcane Juice should you Drink a Day
Having sugarcane juice on a daily basis depends on the individual need and health of the body. A person suffering from jaundice can take more than one glass a day of sugarcane juice (according to the doctor advice) but in the limit as it may cause some infections. However, one to two cup of sugarcane juice is enough for a normal and healthy person.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
My last period date 1 april I was done pregnancy test in 11 may it is positive but l have no any vaginal discharge my period was always irregular my doct call me in 24 th may fir ultrasound I am scared what can I do?
I am a 16 year old due to my academics I am not able to concentrate on my health . I did start going to the gym but I had to stop because I am in my 12th grade right now I had lost about 6 kgs and now I am gaining all of the weight back . I am afraid I will loose my confidence . My current weight is 84.6 kgs.
Once is good, twice is better, multiple times , oh is even better. You must have heard about the desire to reach the pinnacle of pleasure multiple times. According to Rachel Carlton Abrams, the co-author of the book named 'The Multi Orgasmic Woman', an average woman is inherently able to climax multiple times. Reaching the climax more than once is not something you should be shy about.
Here are a few tips which can help you reach the climax multiple times:
- Do not be prepared for only one: Never ever be just single-minded. If you prepare yourself for only one orgasm, chances are high that you will not be able to have another after that. If your expectations are limited, then the possibility of you limiting your body to only one orgasm is high. Do not switch of your body mentally or sexually after reaching one climax. You have to be open-minded and be expectant towards being aroused again. If you have the right attitude, then that's the first step towards multiple orgasms.
- Foreplay is necessary: The second key to having multiple climaxes depends on how much time you devote to foreplay. Foreplay is extremely necessary as that will enable both you and your partner to attune your bodies for another climax. You might even reach your climax while your partner is still at the foreplay. Also make sure that you and your partner work towards your second orgasms slowly. Do not hurry too much as that might just mess up the entire experience.
- Exercise regularly: Kegel exercises are usually done to keep the pelvic region fit. If you want to experience multiple orgasms, make sure that you keep your pelvic region fit and fine. Flex your uterine muscles to tighten them; after holding it for some time, loosen them. Do this routine a couple of times. If you combine it with the pelvic connecting crunch, then you will be able to get the maximum out of your next orgasm.
- Take small gaps: It is usually better to keep a small time gap after you have reached one orgasm. It helps to calm you down and your partner sexually. After reaching the climax once, both you and your partner are going to be extremely sensitive to go for another round immediately. Hence if you both take a short break before working up to another climax, it will help you reach the peak.
So, if you still thought that reaching climax multiple times was something very difficult, well now you know it isn't. Try the above methods out and you will get to know why.
I have PCOD I took medication in last year January for 3 months and got regular periods for following 3 months without consuming any pills. Now, again menstrual cycle is irregular and it starts after 45,60 or 70 days, and last 5 days a month. I take meprate for 3 days and get my periods after 3-4 days during that time.
I have postpartum insomnia. I gave vaginal birth on August. Baby is sleeping better during nights but I can't from the past one week. Why should I do.
I am 23. Got my 1st period wen I was 14. It was quite irregular. Since last 6-7 months my periods become very very regular all by itself. But again since 2-3 months I was having scanty periods. And this month I dint get my periods. I am not sexually active. I know I may need to get sm detailed tests done and I ll visit a gynecologist in person but I just wanted to know is there something to be worried about this?
My friend is suffering through a problem of polycystic ovary syndrome [pcos],and because of it she is not able to reduce he weight. She is doing a good heavy workout which includes running and cardio and having a protein diet which is given by a dietician. It has been a month or more than that. After all these hard work there is no result seen in her body She's is looking all the way same as she was used to look like. It's a request to all the doctors if anyone could give a better advice what she should do to reduce her body weight.
I have twins baby boy and girl .both sleep on one side boy on back and girl on left side so their head on particular side have become flat. They are in their 5th month. What can be done.
My fallopian tubes are blocked. I m nt conceive. I want a child. please suggest me. What should I do?
Hello Sir, Mam meri wife virgin hai to main ek finger se fingering karta ho to usse meri partner ko dard hota hai isliye main Dar gaya ho aur yeh pain kabtak rahega kya yeh harmful hai meri wife k liye please suggest me what should I do?
Given the amount of junk food we eat, it is a good idea to detox the body once in a while. Detoxing should not be confused with dieting for weight loss. Detoxing is simply a way to give the digestive system time to rest and recoup. Here are ten steps to detoxing.
- Stay hydrated: It would be impossible to flush toxins from the body without sufficient water. Hence, it is necessary to stay hydrated at all times. A person should drink a minimum of 8-10 glasses of water a day while detoxing.
- Start the day with lemon and water: Begin your day with a glass of warm water mixed with the juice of one lime or lemon. This charges the liver and other digestive organs. You could also add freshly grated ginger, a pinch or cayenne pepper or honey to this drink.
- Green tea: Green tea is well known for its antioxidant properties. This makes it the ideal drink to detox your body. It also gives the body a natural caffeine boost and helps control blood sugar levels thus, reducing sugar cravings.
- Fibre: Fibre is essential for the digestive system and aids in the removal of waste material from the body. Additionally, fruits and vegetables that are the largest sources of fibre are rich in essential vitamins and minerals. You could also consider fibre supplements such as psyllium husk.
- Say no to alcohol: Keeping away from alcohol for a few days can help cleanse your liver. Along with alcohol, it is also a good idea to stay away from nicotine and caffeine.
- Cut down on red meat: Red meat is difficult to digest and can cause a number of digestive issues. Hence, consider replacing red meat with leaner meats like chicken and fish.
- Season with turmeric: Turmeric has powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Turmeric can be added to almost every vegetable and Indian curry recipe and is ideal while detoxing. Drinking a glass of warm milk and turmeric is the ideal way to end a day when detoxing.
- Go organic: Organic foods may be a little more expensive, but they are well worth the price. These foods are free from harmful pesticides and other chemicals. This makes them easier to digest and safer for consumption.
- Sweat it out: Perspiration aids in the removal of body wastes. Exercising not only makes you sweat but boosts energy levels as well. Alternatively, you could try sweating it out in a hot tub or sauna. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
I had unprotected sex on 3rd of this month. Then took a pill after 48 hours. Again had sex and took a pill. I did this four times but took the pills on time. Emergency pills. I have missed my periods this month. What chances I might have of getting pregnant? When to check if I am pregnant or not?
When you are becoming a mother, then a great deal of special attention needs to be paid towards you and the baby. At such a delicate juncture in life, you cannot risk the health of the baby and the mother by resorting to conventional medicine system that comes bundled with plenty of side effects. Listed below are a few reasons why you should opt for a homeopathic system of medication.
- It is completely safe as it has no side effects
- Homeopathic medicines are mostly prepared from non-toxic substances such as plants
- The medicine works by stimulating the body's own immune and healing systems
- Homeopathy not only targets one ailment but the overall well-being of the body
For the Mother
- Wound healing - After you deliver a baby, your body has a lot of internal bleeding and wounds that require special medical care. Here homeopathy comes to the rescue using Arnica Montana, which is one of the most popular agents that help in healing.
- Breast problems - Homeopathy is quite useful in treating a lot of breast related conditions like mastitis, cracked nipples, breast lumps and such others. In this condition a homeopathic medicine called Phytolacca Decandra can help treat such issues.
- Baby blues - It refers to periods of low moods and depressions that happen after conceiving a baby. In this case, the homeopathic medicine Pulsatilla helps you to revive your mood.
- For the Baby
- Teething - Teething is the stage when the baby tends to develop his or her baby teeth. It is identified by a baby with bright red cheek crying due to discomfort.
- Sleep - Uneven sleeping pattern of babies is also a common problem which causes them discomfort and irritation which makes them cry at times.
- Immunization - It is known that homeopathic medicine mostly focuses on the overall betterment of the human body.
Therefore, taking homeopathic remedies also fortifies your immune system thus helping the baby fight ailments in an efficient and effective manner.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: How Homeopathy Can Cure Muscle and Joint Pain?