Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anitha C, Kamarthi
Treatment of Red Eyes
Treatment of Dark Circle
Treatment of Eye Pain
Treatment of Conjunctivitis
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Eye Itching
Treatment of Eye Infection
Treatment of Tearing Eyes
Treatment of Eye Burning
Treatment of Myopia
Treatment of Eye Allergy
Treatment of Poor Eye Sight
Management of Blindness
Treatment of Dry Eyes
Treatment of Cataract
Treatment of Squint
Treatment of Watery Eyes
Treatment Of Glaucoma
Submit a review for Dr. Anitha C, KamarthiYour feedback matters!
I have facing now a days vision problem from last two months. My left eye get starting week. So please suggest me how I will cure my eye. Which food I have to eat more and how get ma eye on full vision. I do not want use specks. So suggest me some method? And more questions is my. Whenever I try to eat banana I did vomiting. I have some allergy problem with banana. I can not even eat a single bite of banana. Why it is so.
Technology is both boon and bane. Most jobs nowadays are partially automated, and it has become necessary for many to work long hours on the computer. If you are one such person, then you might be experiencing one or many symptoms related to eyes. The eye muscles get fatigued when eyes stare on the computer screen for a long time, and this can cause a host of eye problems. Referred to as Computer Vision Syndrome (CVS), the condition can range from eye pain to problems with eye sight.
The following is a short account of a few simple but effective measures that you can follow to avoid eye problems caused by extensive use of computers.
- Simple Tips to Follow: Eye care regimen should be followed by everyone, but special care needs to be taken by the individuals who always works on the computers and has to look on the screen at all the times. The current digital age has greatly altered the way we use our eyes. Here are few simple tips you can follow in this regard.
- Take Eye Breaks: You should make it a point to turn your eyes away from the screen of the computer for giving a break to the eyes. While working at the computer, it is to be made sure to take a break every 20 minutes and look away at least 20 feet for a duration of about 20 seconds. This is more popularly known as the 20 – 20 Rule and very helpful for the eyes.
- Frequent Blinking: Frequent blinking leads to spread of tear film. It might happen that you need to stare at the screen of the computer for a long period of time which denies you of taking any kind of breaks. In this situation, it is recommended that you should blink more frequently which is beneficial for the health of the eyes.
- Use Eye Drops: This can be another healthy tip for the maintaining good and healthy eyes. Using the eye drops for the eyes which are actually artificial tears or eye lubricants which play a crucial role in reducing the strain in the eyes always keeping the eyes hydrated. One point is to be remembered here is that the eye drops should be used after consultation with an ophthalmologist so that no side effects arise later on.
- Using Computer Glasses: The individuals who heavily use computers can use single vision glasses for creating a gap between the eyes and the screen of the computer. A mininmum of 30 inches from eye is required. This can have a significant impact on the health of the eyes.
- Orthoptic Exercises: Certain types of muscle imbalances (forms of strabismus) can be improved with eye exercises. This form of therapy is called orthoptic therapy. The most common disorders that respond to orthoptic therapy are convergence insufficiency and intermittent exotropia.
- Anti-glare Screens: Anti-glare glasses can certainly help you work from your laptop screen more comfortably, but you can also protect your eyes by adjusting the screen so it's in a good position for your eye line. Remember to give your eyes a break every now and then by focusing on something in the distance.
Apart from these practices, adopting healthy lifestyle habits such as eating a balanced diet, exercising, quitting smoking and wearing sunglasses while out can help preserve eye health in general. Also, it is essential to undergo regular eye check up to catch any eye problems at its early stages.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am feeling itchiness in my eyes these days and there is a redness also so please tell me that what can I do to cure it.
Hello doctor. I am 18 years old ,male. I have headache sometimes. When I have headache my eyes have pain too. Pain is on the side top of my left eyes. Then my left eyes will become a bit smaller. What should I do?
Hello everybody, I am Dr Charu Tyagi. Today I will talk about Computer vision syndrome.
Computer has become part and parcel of our life. We are spending lot many hours on the screens. The screens are associated with some eye problems. Patients who have eye pain, redness, watery eyes, blury vision, headache often associated with long hours on computer. They are classified as Computer Vision Syndrome. So, we would like you to be spending time but have a mix and match activity when you are working on computers. Take time for breaks and look at distances.
People who have tendency to stare, who do not blink well, (we are suppose to blink 16-18 times in a minute), and who are in the AC atmosphere are more prone to Computer Vision Syndrome. Not wearing glasses is one of the important factors for headache and strain.
- People are adviced to blink 16-18 times in a minute.
- Maintain a good posture
- When feel tired, do palming
- Wash eyes
- Have proper hydration
- Follow the rule 20-20-20, which means that after every 20 minutes look at 20 feet or more and blink 20 times.
- Have your computer set 15 degrees and below your eye level. No bright light should be behind the computer
- Maximum contrast and minimum brightness in the computer setting
- Have anti-glare on your computer and anti-glare on your glasses.
- Proper lighting should be there above for proper vision and to avoid strain.
- Do not rub your eyes frequently as keyboards are the source of infection.
- Do not over wear your contact lenses as they can cause dryness in your eyes.
- Avoid kajal and soorma which are not very good for your eyes.
If you see that your symptoms are not improving then you need to see an eye specialist for the complete eye examination.