Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anita Vinod
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anita VinodYour feedback matters!
I did a protected sex with my husband after the 4 days of the completion of my period and after did this protected sex ,I ate an i-pill within 2 hours for extra precaution. But again my period has started within 15 days after the completion of my previous period. What is the reason of this?
Bacteria and virus can flourish around you anytime, anywhere. Whether you are traveling in public transport or sitting in an air-conditioned workplace, you can catch any disease from common cold to severe viral fever.
Yes, medical facilities are readily available in order to get cured at the earliest. But, many of us still make some common mistakes which prolong our illness, and sometimes, make it worse. Well, it not only takes the persistence but basic awareness to recover completely.
Here are a few of those mistakes that you need to stop making in order to get well soon:
- Popping Pills: Indeed, medicines are easily available. But, turning up to a nearby drugstore and popping a pill without consulting your doctor is the foremost mistake that most of you do not realize. Such impulsive behavior can actually do more harm to your body than good.
- Ignoring Nutritious Food: Feeling weak and lethargic is a part of the recovery process. Yes, it does kill your appetite too, but you need to make sure that you are keeping yourself hydrated and consuming enough of nutrients. So, eating fresh fruits and nutrition-rich foods such as chicken soup, khichdi, eggs is must to regain strength and physical stamina.
- Taking Excessive Stress: Thinking about all that piled up work while taking the due rest that your doctor has recommended is really a very bad idea. Stress and anxiety will only slow down the healing process. So, focus on relaxing and getting your immunity back. Once you are fueled up, you can resume the normal activities with great energy.
- Ignoring The Early Signs: Having a blocked nose and headache are early signs of falling ill. These symptoms are usually not taken seriously, and people go about their day as usual, but the fact is that these signs are telling you to slow down and take time off to recuperate. So, pay heed to the signs of your body.
- Spreading Germs: Ignoring the symptoms and mixing freely with everyone is actually doing more harm, not only to your own self but to others as well. Others become prone to illness if you mingle freely with them. So, avoid sharing tissues, pillows, utensils or anything that comes in contact with you.
- Neglecting Time-Tested Remedies: Old time-tested remedies are the best way to go and people often forget them amidst the readily available prescription drugs out there. The regular intake of turmeric milk, ginger, honey and lemon can work wonders for chest congestion and cold. These will not only help you boost your immunity but can speed up the entire recovery process.
- Smoking and Alcohol Consumption: Nothing is worse than smoking cigarettes and consuming alcohol when it comes to your health and immunity. So, when you are sick, try to control the urge to smoke or drink.
When it comes to convalescing from sickness, taking due care is more important than following the medications blindly. In case you have a query, please consult an expert and get answers.
I have been trying to conceive since last 3 years but failed every time. I have had a HSG done which showed my left tube is blocked and the right side is partially open. What are my chances of conceiving after this procedure. 2 years hv already passed since I did that. Thanx.
How to stop the pregnancy if confirm. As ipill tablet works r any other tablet. So please tell me right path. Bcoz we r unmarried.
Hello I am 24 years old female, it's been one year trying to get pregnant, visited gyno and she prescribed me some medicines and I am using medicines from 5 months and no pregnancy yet. I would like to ask you shall I continue this med course or I should quit becoz I can't contact the same doctor now so I want to go to other doctor for treatment and I on which day of my cycle would be better to visit for all the tests?
One of the major milestones in a woman’s life is the entry into motherhood. For most women, when this does not happen in the natural logical sequence of things, there is anxiety and lot of pressure from family and friends.
However, with advancements now, there are options like intrauterine insemination and in vitro fertilisation (IUI and IVF) available, which can help increase the chances of conception and pregnancy. IVF is where the egg is retrieved from the woman’s womb, fertilised externally and then transplanted back into the uterus where it grows to full term. However, there are always unanswered questions like how long to wait before going for IVF, is it the right procedure for me, etc.
Read on to know to find answers to some of these.
- Maternal age: As a woman reaches 35 and a man reaches 40, the fertility rates drop significantly. The chances that a woman at 35 will conceive is about 20%, which goes down to 5% if the woman is 40. However, this rate can be significantly increased by using IVF. The quality of the egg would gradually deteriorate, and so if a woman is nearing 40, it is better to consider IVF as the ovarian reserve would be optimal with IVF.
- Failed intrauterine insemination: In couples who have problems with the sperm reaching the uterus, intrauterine insemination (IUI) is first attempted. However, if 3 or more attempts of fail, it is time to consider IVF.
- Duration of inability to conceive: While some couples conceive quite promptly in a month or two, most take about 6 to 8 months of unprotected sex to conceive. Therefore, IVF can be an option if you are failing to conceive even after a year. Less than a year, don’t fret. Take it easy and it might just do the trick.
- Medical health: Both the partner’s medical health should be taken into account. Lifestyle changes like smoking, alcohol abuse, drug abuse should be considered, which can account for poor sexual performance and therefore lead to an inability to conceive. Health conditions like diabetes and heart disease can also lead to infertility. Hypothyroidism in women is another thing that must be ruled out, as it often leads to an inability to conceive.
- Sexual problems with the partner: One of the first things to do before going for IVF is to check that the male does not have any issues. Be it erection issues or ejaculation issues or sperm issues, they need to be ruled out. Sperm quality, quantity, and motility have to be analysed, and if they are optimal, IVF can be considered. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am suffering from PCOD problem, I tried all the way even patanjali medicines also but there is no improvement in my problem, my periods running continuously till 3 months, I need to take medicines every time to stop, my weight is 77 kg, I am trying to loose from last 1 years but didn't get any result, because of this problem I am not able conceive its being 5 years of my marriage ,please give some solution for my problem.
Yoghurt is a dairy product that is produced when milk is fermented by certain bacteria. Yoghurt is also a probiotic food as it contains a host of good bacteria that help in improving the digestive system of your body. Yoghurt not only provides a good supply of proteins but also contains essential vitamins and minerals, which is one of the many reasons why it should be a part of your daily diet. Besides that, yoghurt has many other health benefits, which are -
1. It prevents osteoporosis. Osteoporosis is a disorder of the bone that is linked with calcium and vitamin D levels in the body. Yoghurt is a good source of both calcium and vitamin D and helps in improving the health of the bones in your body.
2. It reduces chances of high blood pressure. Yoghurt helps in reducing blood pressure as it as it is rich in potassium, and potassium is known to lessen the effect sodium has on your body. This by-product of milk is also low-fat dairy.
3. It is a probiotic contribute to weight gain. Yoghurt contains bacteria culture that is good for the digestive tract and helps in preventing many diseases such as colon cancer, bowel disorders and constipation.
4. It decreases chances of infections in the vagina. Regular consumption of yoghurt reduces chances of vaginal infections as it reduces the pH levels in the vagina.
5. Helps in feeling fuller. Yoghurt helps in feeling fuller due to its high protein content. The protein present also helps in maintaining the muscles in the body.
6. Improves brain functioning. Yoghurt contains vitamin B12 that helps in providing energy and improving the functioning of the brain.
7. Yoghurt contains iodine. Iodine is an important nutrient that helps in improving the functioning of the thyroid gland. Yoghurt supplies the body with iodine, which helps in preventing metabolic disorders that result from problems in the thyroid gland.
8. Helps in curing cold. The good bacteria present in yoghurt help in preventing the common cold. Not only that, they also help in recovering from respiratory infections.