Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gastroenterologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Anil KumarYour feedback matters!
Question What causes constipation in people with Alzheimer's disease? Janice Oklahoma Answer Constipation can occur in people with Alzheimer's disease. But it is most likely due to a side effect of medication or an underlying medical condition such as dehydration — and not due to the Alzheimer's itself. If unrecognized and untreated, constipation can worsen behavioral problems, such as physical aggression, in people with Alzheimer's disease. Ironically, medications used to treat these behavioral problems can worsen constipation. Increasing fluids usually helps relieve constipation. However, frequent and persistent constipation should be evaluated by a doctor. Often, the cause of constipation is treatable. Treatment may include: Increased physical activity Changes in diet Medications to reduce constipation Constipation is a common complication of some other neurological disorders — such as Parkinson's disease and Lewy body dementia — which affect the nerves involved in digestion.
My son age is12 when ever /what ever he eat food or etc he goes to wash room fr 3/4 times. What is the problem n treatment. Is it related to gastro problem. Also his hairs r getting grey. His weight is approx 20 kg he is not growing properly. All test blood test whole abortion ct scan done all clear little 3tiny stones in kidney. For that given medicine neeri from then no pain. Then why he is not well n go at washroom. Please do advice.
I am facing problem of fissure at anus. The external hemorrhoid has been developed in that area but its painless. No pain is observed. Only irritations som time. So how can I get treated to overcome this problem.
I had under gone abdomen and pelvis usg and finds are:- 1. Liver is enlarged in size, shape and has smooth margins. It is inhomegnous isoechoeic, has normally distributed and normal size biliary and portal radicles and is without solid or cystic mass lesion or calcification. 2. sonography suggestive of MILD HEPATOMEGALY WITH inhomogeneous ECHOTEXTURE. Pls. Advice why liver is enlarged and corrective measures. What is mild hepatomegaly.
I get bloating n wind movement inside stomach whenever I have milk. I do not know if I am lactose intolerant. How can I get tested for that. I am fond of milk but I have stopped it due to this problem. Is there any way to consume milk without getting these problems.
My wife 20 years old. She faces belly pain, headache, suffering acid, suffering sist, not regularly mens (one month 45days then after month 15 days. I am married. Last 6 months.
I have a problem of stomach gas. I'm suffering daily. At morning I'm going to washroom after this I have a gas problem. I'm use zinetac n AC Lock they both of us to don't get results.
Hi again. I'm 28 year old man. I realized when I eat it takes a long time for me to pass out the waste sometimes it takes more than 24 hours and sometimes it takes less I wish to if this is a condition and what can be done about it. Thanks.
Suffering with anal pain from last one year. Whenever I had non-veg getting this problem. Please let me know the solution for this.
I have a dull ache /numbness starting from under the left side of my scrotum, and running through the perineal and going to the left side of the rectum. I also have numbness and heaviness in my left leg, making it very hard to walk. I was recently diagnosed with minor disc bulge and scoliosis in my L4 L5 region, with small annular tear and muscular spasm. Is this what is causing all my troubles? I do not have pain in my spine. Sadly I have been masturbating a lot recently and my symptoms aggravate vigorously after ejaculation. Whats going on with my leg, scrotum, perineal, rectum? Is it due to masturbation or the scoliosis? (Note: all the symptoms are on the left side)
I have started going to gym since last 15 days . So I need to take a lot of protein . But I am having a weak digestion. So can you suggest something. Also give your opinion about whey protein. Should I take it or not. Please.
From last 10 to 20 day im facing digestion problem. It might be office work stress issue I think it also effect my body so please give valuable advice.
Sir, I am 46 years male I do have pain in my anus & pain in the back. Please give me advise. The other which I would ask I like to masturbate. I do it in a day more than once, is it good or bad. Please advise.
After eating a meal to your heart’s content, it is very normal to burp or belch. However, it is normal only when it happens occasionally, or after a meal, for someone used to a contented meal every single time. On the other hand, excessive burping or belching can happen due to two reasons.
- Excessive air intake: There are multiple ways that excessive air can reach the food pipe. Sucking on straws, chewing gum constantly and ill-fitting dentures are some common reasons for burping.
- Digestive problems: Ulcers in the stomach, prolonged gastric, gallstones and rarely, esophageal or stomach cancers can also cause burping.
When to see a doctor
Check with a doctor if you have persistent burping, followed by a meal or otherwise, and accompanied by the following symptoms.
- Go slow when eating and/or drinking: Most of us are pressed for time and eating and/or drinking has now become a task that needs to be finished quickly. Eating fast causes air to be swallowed, and therefore one of the best ways to stop burping is to eat slowly. Sitting in a calm, relaxing environment when eating also allows one to enjoy the food and avoid or stop burping.
- Avoid taliking while eating: There is always so much to catch up, whether at home or outside. So, talking while eating is a common practice. This is not just bad manners, but there is also a lot of air that is swallowed, which leads to burping. A solution is to chew the food properly, which not just helps stop burping, but also aids in better food digestion by mixing it adequately with saliva.
- Substitute coke with water: Carbonated drinks are another reason for belching. Replacing them with water, tea, or anything noncarbonated is advisable, not just from burping perspective, but also from the excessive sugar consumption. Carbonated drinks are just sugar solutions, and are absolutely of no nutritive value.
- Avoid straw: When possible, drink from a glass and avoid straws. This reduces the amount of gas taken in and helps stop burping
- Quit smoking: Quitting it has multiple health benefits, and getting rid of smoking is just one of them.
- Dentures: Ill-fitting dentures can be a reason for belching, and so they should be checked and corrected, if required, in a person who has persistent burping.
- Chewing gum: Constantly chewing gum contributes to burping, and so avoiding chewing gum or sucking on hard candy is another way to control burping.
- Avoid certain foods: Foodstuffs like broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, sprouts, and lentils can produce excessive gas and should be avoided in people who have persistent burping.
Follow the above steps in your daily routine; still if your burping problem persists, it is time to consult your physician.