Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anil KumarYour feedback matters!
One of the main reasons of a severe headache is a prolonged toothache. Toothaches are extremely painful and can prevent you from enjoying your food. It becomes difficult to speak if toothache is unbearable.
Causes of Toothache:
Tooth fracture resulting from an accident.
A painful infection at the root of your teeth or your gums. This is known as tooth abscess.
Chewing gum continuously and grinding the teeth.
How does toothache cause headache?
Sometimes, a tooth becomes very inflamed and since the nerve endings are connected to the brain, this, in turn makes the pain travel to different parts of your head. Generally, people with bad cavities or caries have major headaches and migraines.
The inside of a tooth consists of a pulp. This pulp can get infected. If this tooth happens to lie in the upper jaw, then the pain is transferred to the head which can cause a severe headache.
Headaches can also be caused by TMJD (Temporomandibular joint dysfunction). This usually occurs spreading from the face, jawline and neck right up to the head. In extreme cases, the jaws might be locked up and it makes clicking or grinding noises. Misalignment of the teeth can be a cause by TMJD which in turn affects the head greatly.
- If you are detected with TMJD, your jaws need to be healed, first thing you should do is to visit an expert dentist in order to get the underlying cause of toothache treated. It is always recommended to get a proper treatment started, do not emphasize the use of self-medications.
- If the headache persists due to toothache, it is advisable to take a painkiller as prescribed by your dentist.
- Use an ice pack or a towel dipped in cold icy water, and hold it against the area of toothache. Do not put ice directly on your tooth as it might increase the pain ten folds due to tooth sensitivity.
- You can also apply numbing gel so that your tooth stops hurting. This in turn, will make your headache reduce.
- Toothache is also caused by small amounts of food which get stuck inside your teeth or between your gums, so it is necessary to clean your teeth thoroughly and floss it regularly to avoid toothache.
- Avoid chocolates and sweets. If you still get a cavity, you should visit your dentist immediately.
- Dental abscess also causes headache. In this situation, a root canal treatment is recommended.
I have sensitivity problem in my teeth. I had tried many different different toothpastes but it didn't work completely. I want to get rid of it. So can you plzz give me the solution.
How to avoid the teeth problems. Like smell bleeding from teeth and spots on teeth can you please suggested the solution for teeth.
I have yellow teeth. Even I have brushing two times per day there is no improvement what should I do to whiten my teeth.
I feel unconscious when I want to the dental clinic for extraction of my maxillary third permanent molar?
I use Colgate mouthwash, do I need to rinse my mouth with water after that as we do in toothpaste or can I directly eat after 20 min?
Munching foods like apples, pears, carrots or celery after brushing can help in preventing discoloration as they trigger tooth-bathing saliva which helps in keeping the teeth whiter.
I am suffering from mouth ulcer from my childhood What is the permanent solutions for it can you please suggest me?
I had a dental check up here and the doctor said me that I have cavity. What I can do for it so that I can cure it.
Hi My name is Khan Noufil. I am having a bad smell from my mouth. If somebody stands or sits near me tells that Go away from here and brush your teeth. And I always brush my teeth once. please find a solution out.
My father' s do biopsy of mouth near lips Histopathology report result shown opinion" verrucous hyperplasia" Adv: co2 laser wide excision to R/of. Verrucous carcinoma I want to ask that 1) It' s cancer or not 2) which type of operation is best for this
Please give me some homeopathic medicine or home made medicine for mouth ulcers. Is it curable? Please tell me.
My mother has burning sensation in her inner part of mouth, like in upper side of mouth n behind lips, n she feels very much burning sensation when she eat something spicy please suggest sir.
If you have diabetes, make sure you take care of your mouth. People with diabetes are at risk for mouth infections, especially periodontal (gum) disease. Periodontal disease can damage the gum and bone that hold your teeth in place and may lead to painful chewing problems.
The good news is you can keep your teeth and gums healthy. By controlling your blood glucose, brushing and flossing every day, and visiting a dentist regularly, you can help prevent serious problems in your mouth