Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ananth Reddy G
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ananth Reddy GYour feedback matters!
Dear Team, My son 3 years old and he suffering complex partial epilepsy last 2.5 years. He is given treatment of Zenoxa syrup since 2.5 years. Now ill effect of Zenoxa is observe on teeth (decay) and he is not speaking. Only speak few words like mamma, papa, dada, please suggest.
There are continuous pain in my left side head .then I go to neurophysion he told me that I suffering from migraine. So what are cause and care of this.
Epilepsy is a form of chronic disorder and it is characterized by recurrent seizures. The episodes of epileptic seizures may differ from person to person. These seizures could be a result of genetic disorder or a result of trauma or stroke. During a seizure, a patient may also experience symptoms of neurological disorders and sometimes lose consciousness.
Medical help for epilepsy
Epilepsy itself cannot be cured using medication, but proper medicines help in eliminating recurrent seizures. These medicines stabilize the electrical activity within the brain preventing seizures.
How effective is the medication for epilepsy?
The success of controlling seizures using medicines depends on the type and severity of epilepsy. Medicines for epilepsy are usually very effective and may fully keep seizures under control. However, controlling seizures caused due to brain problems may be more difficult. Usually, epilepsy medicines can control seizures for a long period of time when they are taken regularly.
When is medical help needed?
The decision about when to start medicines for epilepsy is a tricky one. This is because a first seizure cannot confirm whether a person has an on-going epilepsy problem. A second seizure may occur after many years or may not happen at all. Prediction of seizures is also quite difficult.
The severity of seizures also indicates when to start medicines for treatment. In case a first seizure is quite severe, medication should be started at once. Some people have very mild seizures even though they may be recurring in nature, and medication can be avoided in this situation.
All the pros and cons must be thought over before starting medications for the treatment of epilepsy. It is advisable to wait for a second seizure and then start medications for treatment. In most cases, medication is started after a second seizure occurs, twelve months after the first seizure. You should always consult a doctor to know when you need to start taking medicines to treat the condition.
For making the most out of the medicines to control seizures, you should follow certain steps:
- You must take medications exactly as your doctor has prescribed.
- Before switching to generic versions of your medicines or before taking other prescribed medicines, you must consult your doctor.
- You should never stop taking the medicines.
- In case you experience enhanced depression, mood swings and suicidal thoughts, you should talk to your doctor immediately.
- In case you have a migraine, you should let your doctor know so that he can prescribe you anti-epileptic medicines, which also prevent migraines.
Although it is important to manage and control seizures, they do not always require you to visit a doctor. However, if you notice the below signs you must check with your doctor immediately.
- When you notice that the person suffering from seizures has stopped breathing for 30 seconds or more
- When the seizures are prolonged that is they last longer than 3 minutes
- The frequency of seizures is high or there is more than 1 seizure in 24 hours period.
- If the seizure attack happens immediately after a severe headache
- if the person suffering from seizure shows signs of stroke as well, such as
- Loss of vision
- Inability to speak
- Unable to understand what others are saying to him or her
- A person suffering from seizures shows the following signs even after 1 hour of attack
Medicines cannot treat the underlying cause of epilepsy, but these help in controlling seizures and this is the most common symptom of epilepsy. Medication should be started at a proper time and must be continued without stopping.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!