Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anand Babu
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Anand BabuYour feedback matters!
I am 33 years male serving in CRPF, I have notice little pain in all joints of bone last one year and BP moving 140/90 so that I am facing problem in running and physical exercise.
Joint pains, swelling in fingers and legs, low back pain approx from ten years, vibrations from low back to legs, problem in walking due to vibrations, irritation from low back to legs,
A workout session is often tedious and exhausting, especially for those who aren’t comfortable with strenuous exercises. And, many a time, you can experience significant pain in pursuit of a fit body - injuries, strain, and sprain become a part of your life. The most common gym injuries one might have while working out are-
- Muscle pull or strain- A muscle pull can injure anyone regardless of their age. This usually results from strenuous physical activity. Sometimes, overstretching can cause the muscle fibers to tear, which in turn affects the hamstring or calves. The most common symptoms include- bruising and discoloration, stiffness, localised pain.
- Ankle sprain- This refers to an injury to your ligaments. This occurs when you mistakenly twist the ligament while exercising. If you have a sprained ankle, you will likely notice these symptoms- bruising, swelling, stiffness and tenderness, difficulty putting weights on the ankle.
- Shoulder injury- Several other muscles, ligaments, and tendons hold your shoulder together, thereby making it prone to injuries during workout sessions. Weight lifting exercises like Machine Shoulder Press, Overhead Shoulder Press etc can lead to serious shoulder injuries like the Rotator Cuff injury, if you don’t follow the right technique.
- Tendinitis- Tendinitis is caused due to the overuse of tendons during the workout. Tendons are wide cords joining the muscle to your bones. When the tendons become inflamed, it restricts the movement of the joints, resulting in pain.
- Shin Splint- This injury is caused due to recurrent trauma to the connective tissues. This tissue connects the tibia bone to the muscles, and when these tissues break down or become inflamed, stiffness and pain are experienced. People who engage in long running-cycles are most likely to have a shin splint.
- Runner’s knee- This type of injury is common in those who spend several minutes on the treadmill. Runner’s knee is characterized by mild dull pain at the back of or beneath the kneecap, typically felt while running.
Repetitive motion, not having enough rest after completing one set of the exercise, simple wear and tear- all these result in workout injuries. Many a time, people don’t pay much attention to these injuries and continue with their daily activities. Studies reveal that overuse of body parts account for about 30% of all injuries. Ignoring these injuries may lead to serious health conditions in the long run.
A few precautionary measures can be adopted to prevent such injuries-
- If you’re running on the treadmill, make sure you have full control over your movement and the speed of the machine. Most treadmills these days come with a clip that you can attach to your clothes so that if you lose control and fall off the treadmill, the machine will stop immediately and prevent you from sustaining any grievous injury.
- Wear proper shoes that support your feet and are comfortable to move around. Watch out for slippery, uneven floors. Athletic shoes are specially designed to fit your feet well for this purpose.
- Don’t start your workout session by lifting heavy weights. Start with mild, warm-up exercises (stretching, Jumping Jacks, free-hand squats) to allow your body to become accustomed to the environment.
- Maintain a healthy body weight. This is essential because an overweight person is more likely to get affected by injuries to the joint bones, fractures etc.
How are these common injuries treated?
Injuries sustained during workout sessions need to be looked after. Urgent medical intervention is recommended in such cases so that the pain does not hinder your movement and routine activities for long.
The most effective and preferred choice of treatment to cure gym injuries is the RICE technique.
- Rest (R)- Make sure you don’t put too much pressure on the injured area. Refrain from any physical activity and allow your injury to heal.22481
- Ice (I)- Apply ice on the injured area to reduce swelling and inflammation.
- Compression (C)- In order to reduce swelling, apply a compression bandage.
- Elevate (E)- Elevate the wound/injury to minimize swelling.
Your doctor will also prescribe a few anti-inflammatory drugs and painkillers to ease the pain. You can also use a shoulder splint to keep the injured shoulder/arm in place. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Pain is something that strikes fear and anxiety in all of us - be it physical pain or emotional pain. Pain is a somatic and unpleasant sensation that causes acute discomfort in the body of an individual. Hip pain can be caused due to a variety of reasons including conditions like arthritis or osteoporosis, as well as other conditions that may lead to hip pain as a symptom. The major occurrence of hip pain could be a recent injury or a previous untreated injury. It is also an indication of an injury or even a disease. The degree could be varied from a mild ache to an unendurable agony.
- Hip Pain Causes: Pain can occur in any part of the body. One such part is hip. The hip is a ball and socket joint which connects the torso of the body to the leg. Pain in the hip is a common complaint which could be caused due to a large variety of problems. Many a times the pain arises from the bones and tissue within the hip joint itself or the area that surrounds the hip. However, there could be other sources of pain in the hip too. At the time of any illness or an injury this vacant space is occupied with fluid or blood that stretches the capsule lining of the hip and results in the pain.
- The Hip and Other Areas: The hip pain is dependent on the condition that causes the pain in areas like thighs, interior of the hip joint, exterior of the hip joint, buttocks, back or groin. Hip pain has some usual symptoms which can make it easier to get detected. Sometimes, reduced range of motion accompanies the pain. Persistence in hip pain could also develop a limp.
- Diagnosis and Imaging: It is strictly recommended to get the hip pain diagnosed immediately after the discovery of the relevant symptoms. There are numerable methods available to diagnose the pain in the hip. One of such methods used by doctors or orthopedists is diagnosis through imaging. Imaging enables the doctors to view the internal area of the hip joint without causing any pain. The common imaging technologies comprise of x-ray (or radiography), computed tomography (CT) scan, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan, and ultrasound. X-ray approach is generally the primary choice for getting the images. The CT scan combines X-ray and other complicated machinery to produce digital images. Doctors or orthopedist usually resort to MRI scans when the images produced by the X-ray or CT scan are not quite clear. High frequency sound waves are used for obtaining images through ultrasound. The radiologists after the diagnosis make a short patient history explaining them the procedure. This helps in understanding the kind of treatment that is required for the affected areas.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!