Lybrate.com has top trusted Gastroenterologists from across India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amreeth
Submit a review for Dr. AmreethYour feedback matters!
I have indigestion problem since one year. What preventive measures I take? what medicines can I take? And also my gums of teeth are weak, so which precautions I should take?
I am 25 years male I have stomach disorder am not able to bowl properly in the morning. I have to go bathroom 2-3 in the morning. So please guide me. thanks.
Mera khana theek se digest nahi pata hu Khana khane ke thodi der baad mujhe toilet jana padta hain or mera wajan bhi bhut kam hain.Please tell.
I am having acidity at early mornings and sometimes in the afternoons and I have loose motions 80% in a week and my sugar levels goes up when I have these post lunch 200-220 and fasting 110-140 due to this and I am taking metformin 500 mg in the night.
My mother has multiple gallstones of 4 mm. Is there any medicine that can dissolve gallstones whether it may have to be taken for longtime.
Sir I have gastric problem and ulcer problem I need to rectify this problem with medicine I am taking lot of medicine. But not cured how to cure this.
Also called gluten-sensitive enteropathy and celiac sprue, celiac disease is an autoimmune digestive disorder, wherein the consumption of gluten-based foods leads to damage of the tissues that line the small intestine. This hinders the ability of your body to absorb the essential nutrients from the foods you eat.
Under normal conditions, the immune system of the body offers protection against external intruders. When individuals diagnosed with celiac disease consume gluten-based foods, gluten resistant antibodies are formed by the immune system. This causes them to attack the linings around the intestines, thus causing irritation in the digestive tract and harming the villi (hair-like structures on the covering of the small intestine which absorb nutrients from the food). This impairs the nutrient absorbing capacity of the individual, thus increasing chances of malnourishment.
Celiac disease has symptoms that vary from patient to patient. Some of the common symptoms include:
- A severe skin rash called dermatitis herpetiformis.
- Digestive problems such as:
- Musculoskeletal problems such as bone and joint pain as well as muscle cramps
- Aphthous ulcers which are basically sores occurring in the mouth
- Tingling sensation in the legs which are caused by low calcium and nerve damage
- Growth issues in children since they cannot absorb the required amount of nutrients
- Irregular menstrual cycles
Other complications associated with celiac disease
- Miscarriage or Infertility
- Osteoporosis. This is a disease which weakens the bones and causes fractures. It is caused because of a deficiency of Vitamin D and calcium.
- Intestinal Cancer
- Other birth defects: Such as irregular spinal shape because of the deficiency of certain nutrients, especially folic acid.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!