Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Bedwetting Treatment & Management
Treatment of Polio
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Cerebral Palsy
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Sids
Treatment of Cough in Children
Treatment of Asthma in Children
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Treatment of Birth Defects
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Dihydrofolate Reductase Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Amith MehtaYour feedback matters!
My son is 3 years old, he doesn't eat anything, we use hungry syrup, but no change, we are worrying about him, please give me a best suggestion for him, and one more thing he is always crying, what is the reason for crying?
My child girl is 5 years old. When she is playing She speaks well. But she is no talking to anybody while study. She know all well but she didn't say anything. She didn't speak anybody in school and also not speak to her class teacher. Class teacher mam asked her question she know but didn't answer to mam. Please doctor help me.
My son is 16 years old but he is not interested in social occasions withdraws himself to talk to people, he does not concentrate , does not have much interest in life , very lazy or else he is very good person.
Hi my baby girl is 50 days old. Having fever since last 7 days. Doctor has given paracetamol drops and asked to give 4 times a day. There is was no improvement after two days so we visited doctor again he suggested to wait for four days with same medicines and come after that. Now after 5 days fever is continue. Kindly suggest, should I wait further.
Sir, looking for a pediatric pulmonologist. Patient is a 6 month baby boy. At birth, he was found to have PDA, detected by echo test but doctors suggested it will be okay with time and now NO PDA has been detected but respiration is fast sometimes. May be benign Laryngomalacia.
You often get into this mess of losing part or whole of the tooth, and this is actually a nasty situation in several ways. You may get severe pain there, or the sharp edge of the broken tooth may cut the cheek and other areas of the skin in the mouth white chewing or biting. Besides, if left untreated the broken part may accumulate dirt and food particles and can later form serious infections in the gum too. It looks bad too when a front tooth is broken, and often leaves your inner mount with cuts and abrasions when the sharp edge of the broken tooth rips of skin inside the mouth as you chew.
The first aid part
There are several ways to manage the broken tooth, and the first steps of first aid after the incident are as follows:
- To control the acute pain after the tooth break, you may take a painkiller like acetaminophen. This will soothe the pain, and make it much easier and bearable.
- You must try sticking some sugar-less chewing gum on the tooth to prevent cutting inside the mouth. In case a gum is not available, you may try putting some simple wax in there.
- Try gulping the food and chew less, or go on a liquid diet to avoid touch of much food with the broken tooth unless it gets the first treatment.
Filing and Bonding- the initial treatment
On going to the dentist based on the tooth break condition, you will be suggested various remedies. A tooth filing or bonding is the general remedy. If a small portion of the tooth is broken, then the tooth can be simply filed in case it is one of the rear teeth. The tooth will be chipped and filed to smoothen the cut edge so that it never again pokes the skin around.
If the break is not small, then bonding is a good option. The dentist fills the rest of the tooth space with a resin or porcelain material to make it look whole and natural again, and this solves the problem both physically and cosmetically.
Crowning the tooth
If the tooth is damaged more than a root canalling may be needed, and thereafter a cap or crown will be worn over the broken teeth so that it gets a natural look and the hardness to chew. You may lose sensations permanently on the tooth if the root nerve is blocked during the process. Else you will have a cosmetically working tooth for a few years until the crown wears off and needs a re-crowning.
My son is 2.5 months old baby his naval will swollen (hallow like) sometimes when breathing strongly and suddenly comes to normal stage after few seconds. He uses to urinate frequently means 15-20 times per day is this is normal please suggest.
My son is 4 months old and was suffering with lactose intolerance problem from 3rd month and am feeding him with zerolac instead of his regular lactogen. Today l have used lactogen to check as he was healthy now but as soon as I gave him lactogen the problem raised again and he has continuous watery motions and vomiting from morning. His pediatrician said to use the same zerolac for him continuously and never use other milks. Please give me some suggestions regarding his condition.
My one month old baby boy cries a lot throughout the day and sleeps well in nights. His weight gain is normal and looks active. Giving breast feed as well as formula. May I know why cries so much and how can I sooth him.
My 6 months old baby girl suffering from cold and cough. After consulting my pediatric I gave her maxtra drops. 7ml twice a day, levolin and zifi 100 twice a day 2ml of both. 5 days passed but not much improvement in the cough and cold. Sometimes she coughs alot and vomit all the milk. Please advice me what to do? PS: I gave her steam 2 times a day.
Hello Doctors, My son born on 10th ARR-2016 and the 1st Vaccination done on 20th APR-2016 in his left but now we observed little swelling in his left hand with looking like inside PUSS (Bulging ) and looking as a yellowish color on his left hand. Please request you to suggest on this like is it normal or need to do any actions on the same. Thanks.
We have six months old baby. Currently he is at my in-laws' place with my wife. I am planning to bring my family to Bangalore. We have a question regarding buffalo milk feeding. As we get the milk from a dairy here, is it ok to feed him this milk. My wife's milk production is not much, please advise on what things to take care regarding feeding our baby. Thanks in advance.
Hi sir good morning sir My name is krish My baby daily night crying sir what am doing that time sir and how to care below one year child sir She is not interested for eating any one.
Study Smarter and Not Harder!
There are few things I hear over and over again from students -
- How they are studying for so many in a day
- How they do not have even time for anything else in their life due to study pressure
- How they are sleep deprived
- How much they are stressed
- And finally, after all the sacrifices and hard work, their exam performance is not what they expect.
Here are few tips to study smart, improve your grades and yet have a life!
We all know that 2 hours of focused study will be much more productive than 4 hours of distracted study.
And the good news is that concentration is a mental skill that you can develop and improve.
There are two ways to improve your concentration:
First, work on raising your brain's natural ability to concentrate or in other words, learn to increase your attention span.
Second, adjust the environment around you to make concentrating easier.
Improving your concentration takes a little time and effort, but it is worth it. In my personal experience with students, I have seen noticeable improvement in relatively short time.
Ideas for daily concentration-boosting habits include:
- Mindfulness meditation - many studies confirm that 20 minutes of meditation or more per day improves concentration and attention span. Mindfulness meditation, where one focuses on one's breathing, is one of the simplest way of meditation. Start with ten minutes in the morning and ten minutes before bed. To begin with you may try a guided meditation. One can easily find audios for guided meditation online.
- Proper sleep - I am sorry to say this. Pulling all nighters will not help with your grade. Unless you are getting sufficient restful sleep, you are not going to be as mentally focused as you could be to study as well as answer questions in exams.
- Food for your Brain - The more you use certain skills, the more they are reinforced in the brain. So it makes sense that playing concentration games and games that require you to focus will improve your concentration ability. You need to be consistent in this. Play for about 10 to 20 minutes each day. Have fun, and get the benefits but remember not to spend more than 20 minutes a day. Your goal is to improve your concentration and not just keep scoring higher in the game! Try Lumocity and use only free version this will help you restrict your daily play time to 20 minutes and have maximum benefit.
- Eat healthier - your brain needs the proper nutrients to allow you to focus. Eat more vegetables and fruits and avoid consumption of junk food as much as possible. Instead you could keep some nuts such as walnuts, almond or peanuts as in between munches. Lot of research has now proven that sugar is very harmful for our health. Reduce sugar and refined white flour in your diet as much as you could.
- Exercise - is helpful in both reducing stress and increasing energy and focus. At least 20 minutes a day would go a long way. Going for a short jog of 20 minutes will make next 4-5 hours of study very efficient.
Optimize your mental state and environment:
In addition to building the habits described above into your daily routine; also adjust your environment and your current mental state to improve your concentration when studying.
Create a study space - Your brain loves routine. Create a place where all you do is study. An obvious choice is a secluded desk of some kind, but the trick is to make sure you only study in that spot. Studying in bed is a bad habit, for example, because your body is trained to want to sleep once you get into bed.
Remove distractions - Turn off the ringer on your phone and take other steps to prevent interruptions. Don't study with the television on or with radio playing. Some studies have shown that soft instrumental music (no vocals) can help improve your concentration.
Reduce background noises - If you have to study or work in an environment where it is too loud (classroom or open space) or too quiet (such as at home or at a library) you can get easily distracted by outside influences. With the right amount of background noise you can actually block out distractions and enhance your creative thinking.
Use timer - Set a time limit when you need to study new material. For example, let's say you want to read one chapter in a book (and remember it). Decide in advance that you can have 45 minutes to read the chapter, and 15 minutes to review it. Set a timer to keep yourself honest, then pace yourself to keep within the allotted time.
Stay motivated - If you see studying as burden, it's hard to concentrate. One way to stay motivated is to set up a reward system. Tell yourself you have to earn that hour of watching your favorite show later in the evening by first completing 2-3 hours of intense studying.
That way, even if the material is dry, you have the reward to look forward to.
Take breaks - Take a break every two hours. You mental energy will begin to decline after a long period of study. So every two hours or so, take a ten minute break. Walk around, eat a light snack, or just stare at the wall to relax your mind.
Concentrating is the first step to learning anything new. It only makes sense that if you improve your concentration, your memory will improve also.
How can I help?
If you want to get individualized expert opinion about how you are studying currently and what ways you can improve; book an audio consultation with me. Once I know what your current study methods are, I will be able to give you specific tips to improve upon. Most likely once you incorporate my tips you will be spending less time studying and your grades will improve. That's what is studying smarter and not harder means!!