Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amani
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AmaniYour feedback matters!
Physical intimacy is a healthy sociobiological concept. It is a primary human need and we all are aware of it. However, it is linked to cultural norms, expectations and behaviour. In many societies, talking about sex is still a taboo and talking about sexual problems is simply out of question. Many people even in modern societies feel embarrassed to discuss their sexual behaviour, preferences or issues. The fact is that a sexual problem is just like any other normal issue requiring a medical and psychological intervention. Neglecting such issues not only impacts one’s health but also happiness and relationships.
- Sex problems can be experienced by both men and women. In men, inability to hold, premature or delayed ejaculation and impotence causes a lot of distress. In women, anxiety and fears impact negatively on their sexual behaviour. Apart from this, women may experience pain and discomfort during sex or a complete lack of desire for sex.
- Sexual abuse or an unpleasant sexual experience can deeply affect a person’s ability to view sexuality as healthy and positive. Such traumatic experiences affect a person’s desire for sex as well as his/ her ability to perform. Thus, emotions play a pivotal role in sexual behaviour and need to be addressed with a lot of sensitivity.
- Sex therapy is an intervention which deals with the sensitive issues surrounding sex problems through one to one counselling. The powerful sexual energy if not channelized well can cause a lot of personal and emotional problems. Thus, it is highly advisable to discuss the problem with someone knowledgeable, trustworthy and sensitive.
- Sex therapy is a right platform to express one’s issues pertaining to sexual dysfunction as it promises a highly professional and confidential service. The role of a sex therapist is to help individuals understand their problems from a different perspective and initiate interventions to remove their own barriers to achieving a happy and fulfilling sexual life.
The principle force behind this therapy is self help. Thus, partners are empowered to understand and deal with their own issues with the help of an expert who acts as a guide and facilitator. Many times, couples with sexual problems start drifting apart and losing feelings of love and intimacy. Such partners fight over no issues and are unable to deal with their growing intolerance and disconnect.
A sex therapist can look at relationship issues and help couples resolve some of their differences thus restoring a positive relationship, so vital for a healthy sexual life. Sex therapy is undoubtedly a safest and best way to discuss your difficulties, fears, anxieties, desires and even fantasies. Distressed over a sexual issue, seek help, check out a trained sex therapist in your area! In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Infertility is a condition, which is diagnosed as the inability of the woman to conceive a child even after a prolonged duration of unprotected intercourse (for about 6 months to 1 year). This condition can affect both the genders. Infertility might cause immense societal embarrassment for the couple and can mar the joys of a relationship. The causes of infertility in male and female are as follows:
- In males, infertility might stem from injury to the testicles, erectile problems, premature ejaculation, infections due to sexually transmitted diseases, structural deformation of the testicles, little or irregular sperm count and blockage of the ejaculatory duct.
- In females, infertility might develop due to abnormal periods, polycystic ovarian syndrome, diseases which cause inflammation of the pelvis such as gonorrhoea and chlamydia, a disorder in the thyroid glands, blockage of the fallopian tubes and structural deformation of the uterus.
- The common reasons of infertility in both men and women can be attributed to increased body weight, old age, excessive consumption of alcohol, diabetes, mental anxiety, side effect of radiation therapy and prescribed medications.
As it is a holistic mode of treatment, Homeopathy can be used to treat infertility as the preparations do not contain any toxin and has zero side effects.
1. In men, if the reason behind infertility is irregular sperm count, then a prescribed dosage of X-Ray might help.
2. If infertility is caused due to erectile problems along with symptoms of severe mental stress, involuntary discharge of semen and lack of sexual desire, a prescribed dosage of Caladium or Selenium might be helpful.
3. If the discharge from the vagina appears to be acidic which gradually destroys the sperms, Borax might be prescribed.
4. If the woman suffers from episodes of irregular, but enduring menstrual periods, a prescribed dosage of Calcarea Carb might be helpful. If the duration of the periods is short, Pulsatilla might also be prescribed.
5. In women, if the symptoms include a lack of sexual desire along with excessive pain in the vagina during sexual intercourse, Sepia might be recommended. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.