Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Aman Alagh
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Aman AlaghYour feedback matters!
Hi. I m facing problem with a dandruff and I m getting pimples on my face. What is the solution to control hair fall?
On last year I used scrubber continuously for 15days, so because of that, my cheeks n forehead skin became so black. So I need cure for this disease.
Hi im 20 years old boy weight 57 kg height 5'6 im suffering from dark patches on my face since past years when ever I do trimmer its shows much clear and my face starts looking more ugly I do steaming and scrub to. Im just doing to overcome of that im fed up with pimple, pores,black spots, dark circle I tried allopathy many time but no such good result please give me good advice how to over come of that I need my clean face and glowy My skin colr is: light brown mostly dry face My hand and arms are mostly black due to expose to sun please give me good solution to overcome im fed up please help me! Thank you.
I hav patch of hair loss for thebpast 4 months. Applying lotions as prescribed by a dermatologist. But it is increasing in nature and the patch is widening. Any solution to that. It is disgusting to see on mirror.
Am suffering from genital vitiligo, one small spot on leg and one small spot one right hand finger. From last one year am under steroids treatment, 2 tablets a week. Since I was very much worried about the same. I started ayurvedic treatment also for the same. From 5 months am also taking ayurvedic treatment along with steroids. The ayurvedic treatment consists of 3 medicines - immunity increase capsule, anti vitiligo capsule and pigmentation capsule. Since then there is no pigmentation on genital area. For leg and finger it was almost gone before starting ayurvedic treatment. Further have reduced my steroids power from 16 mg to 8 mg twice a week from past many months. Also am following all the diet restrictions. My question 1. Is it ok if I take both the medicines simultaneously steroids and ayurvedic, till date have not suffered from any side effects. 2. Is ayurvedic medicine effective if taken along with steroids. 3. If my doctor stops steroids will there be any further increase as at present there is no increase. Also have completed ayurvedic treatment for 5 months, will this help in further increase. 4. What should be further course of action. Please guide. As I am also not comfortable of taking two different medicines simultaneously, but had no option. Sincere request to please help in this regard.
An often persistent and long-lasting condition, psoriasis interferes with the life cycle of skin cells and causes them to increase rapidly on the surface of the skin. These generally appear as dry, itchy and red patches of skin having thick, silvery scales.
Psoriasis can be subdivided into the following:
- Plaque psoriasis: The most common form, characterized by dry, red skin lesions covered with silvery scales and can be seen anywhere on the body.
- Scalp psoriasis: These appear on the scalp and may extend beyond the hairline.
- Nail psoriasis: These affect the toenails and fingernails.
- Guttate psoriasis: Characterized by blister-like appearances and are stimulated by bacterial infections.
- Inverse psoriasis: Caused by fungal infections.
- Erythrodermic psoriasis: Can cover the entire body with a reddish rash that may peel.
- Pustular psoriasis: Capable of causing chills, fever and diarrhea.
The usual signs and symptoms of psoriasis include:
- Red, sensitive patches of skin
- A silvery, scaly cover
- Dry and cracked skin that may bleed when scratched or agitated
- Tiny scaling spots (witnessed in children)
- Persistent itching, soreness or burning sensation
- Ridged, thickened or pitted nails
- Stiff and swollen joints
Possible causes of psoriasis may include:
- Skin infections or strep throat infections
- Skin injuries, like cuts, bites or sunburns
- Cold weather
- Chronic alcoholism
- Certain medications such as high blood pressure medications
The following factors may further increase the risk of developing the disease:
- Fungal and bacterial infections
- Family history
A few health tips for psoriasis patients:
- Maintain safer distance from the possible variables that cause or aggravate psoriasis
- Practice yoga regularly. Yoga can lessen the intensity of psoriasis.
- Avoid pricking, peeling or scratching your skin.
- Make sure to pat your skin dry after washing, and avoid rubbing vigorously with towel or any rough cloth.
- Avoid artificial cleansers and use gram flour (besan flour) instead.
- Use cotton clothes
- Avoid cold water bath or immediate cleaning up right after heavy work-out, long walks, or travel.
- Avoid food stuffs that can cause indigestion.
- Avoid excessive salty and acidic food stuffs, radish, urad dal, sesame, jaggery (gur), curds, fish and other sour food stuffs that can trigger psoriasis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.