Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Amal ChandranYour feedback matters!
Shea butter is derived from the nuts of Karite trees (also known as Mangifolia) – which is predominantly found in many parts of Africa. It is sourced out in the form of a nutty oily substance and when the nuts are crushed, boiled and fermented, it leaves behind a light colored fat, commonly referred to as Shea butter.
Shea butter is edible and is used in a wide range of culinary cuisines across the globe. Shea butter may be refined or unrefined. It is a stock house of essential vitamins and minerals and finds many applications. The butter is beneficial for your health, skin and hair. Many health-care products available in the market today contain Shea butter too. It is also considered as a super food for your skin and has enough essential fatty acids and vitamins that boost your skin health. We have listed down some of its benefits for the skin:
- Sun Screen- Shea butter protects against the ultraviolet radiations of the sun and can act as a natural deterrent for the exposure. It is also the best bet for your skin during winter and moisturizes your skin to a great degree.
- Heals Skin Spots- Shea butter has remarkable healing properties and is used as a base in many medicinal ointments. It is effective in the treatment of scars and skin blemishes. It is also beneficial for chapped skin and fights effectively against skin pigmentation.
- Anti-Ageing Properties- Shea butter has amazing skin tightening properties and stimulates the production of collagen. The vitamin A levels in it can keep the skin supple and nourished. The butter also soothes your dry skin and brings out the natural glow.
- Baby Care- Shea butter is a natural moisturizer and basically, has no chemicals in it. Thus it is an excellent baby care product and is safe for the sensitive skin of your babies. It can also be used as an after bath lotion or can be used against diaper rash. It also hydrates your baby’s skin and retains the water content.
- Lip Care- Cold months can be especially harmful for your lips. Shea butter is easily absorbable and can moisturize your skin and lips during the cold winter seasons easily. It acts as a natural lip balm and can protect your lips from dry weather. It also greatly benefits chapped lips symptoms.
- Restores Skin Elasticity- Shea butter restores the elasticity of the skin and can help in maintaining an even skin tone. It acts as a natural toner and improves the flexibility of the skin. As a result, your skin appears supple and hydrated at all times.