Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Audiologists in India. You will find Audiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Audiologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ali ChittarooYour feedback matters!
I am 76 andsuffering from complete hearing loss for the last 5 months. I was admitted in P. G. I. Chandigarh where they took several tests but could not find any reason for sudden hearing loss. Although I am using hearing aids but now they are of no use. Please suggest what should I do now.
I am 20 hear old. I go to collage and sleep time is very less around 5 hours. My stamina and energy has gone. What to do help me out?
Sir . My brother got ear drum braked (holed)(21) age and ear drum braked in childhood itself but now we knew that news when he got ear pain .& .now doctor advice to operation so we do operation in next week in manipal . So how much money it will happen? And how much day want to take rest . Is this major operation ?and aftr this operation he can hear well ? Please urgent clarify this dots sir.
Hearing loss is a common sensory problem that generally develops with increasing age or due to prolonged or persistent exposure to loud noises. It is one of the most typical problems that occurs throughout the world. If you are suffering from partial hearing loss, you may find ways of keeping in touch with your family and friends. If you are not suffering from such the following may help you keep your hearing intact for years to come.
Types of hearing loss:
There are two main types of hearing loss:
1. Conductive Hearing Loss where the problem lies in the middle ear, eardrum or ossicles. A conductive hearing loss affects the passage of sound between the eardrum and the inner ear. Sound passes down the ear canal to the ear drum and through the middle ear, where the sound is transmitted across the middle ear by the three bones called the ossicles to the inner ear.
Causes of conductive hearing loss:
- Malformation of outer ear, ear canal, or middle ear structures
- Fluid in the middle ear from colds
- Ear infection (otitis media - an infection of the middle ear in which an accumulation of fluid may interfere with the movement of the eardrum and ossicles
- Poor Eustachian tube function
- Perforated eardrum
- Benign tumors
- Impacted earwax
- Infection in the ear canal
- Foreign body in the ear
2. Sensorineural Hearing Loss where there is damage in the inner ear, cochlea or hearing nerve. Sensorineural hearing loss (SNHL) occurs when there is damage to the inner ear (cochlea), or to the nerve pathways from the inner ear to the brain. Most of the time, SNHL cannot be medically or surgically corrected. This is the most common type of permanent hearing loss.
Causes of sensorineural hearing loss:
- Exposure to loud noise
- Head trauma
- Virus or disease
- Autoimmune inner ear disease
- Hearing loss that runs in the family
- Aging (presbycusis)
- Malformation of the inner ear
- Meniere's Disease
Coping with Hearing Loss:
Antibiotics and eardrops are often prescribed to treat hearing loss and its symptoms. In many cases, people suffering from severe hearing loss use hearing aids. Hearing aids are tiny instruments that people use in their ears to make sounds louder. People who suffer from hearing loss cope with their problems through increased concentration and focus. The usual way involves reading the moving lips of the person while they talk. Prevention is better than cure and is the best solution to avoid long term hearing loss. Avoiding continuous loud noises, to the possible extent helps prevent hearing loss to a great extent.
For what purpose MONIT GTN -2.6 tablets ARE USED FOR? RECENTLY MY FATHER GOT FELT PRESSURE ON HEART FOR SOME TIME AFTER THAT HE FELT NORMAL. DOCTOR AFTER HEARING OUR PROBLEM HE GAVE THIS TABLET IN PRESCRIPTION.
Could diminished hearing and balance problems be related? Could this be an issue with the eighth cranial nerve?
I am having dull hearing. If I undertake ear operation for eardrum holes clear or infection cleaning and in case of operation failure. Can I use hear with hearing aid?
Hi i am Facing hearing prob.Consulted many doctors they say hearing aids too cant help me as per reports.Wat to do
My sister's new born baby doesn't respond her voice and any other noise. He was an 10 days old baby. Although hearing test is finished at hospital since 3 days old. According to test, result is good. But my sister worry why baby doesn't respond till now. How should we do?
The partial or total inability to hear is known as hearing impairment or hearing loss. It can be present at birth, or develop later in life.
There are a number of factors, which may cause hearing loss
1. Age - Age is the biggest factor when it comes to the loss of hearing, and you may lose the ability to hear as you age. This condition is known as presbycusis. It becomes difficult to understand high-frequency sounds like that of a child or a woman when you get old.
2. Noise - When you are exposed to loud noises for a prolonged period of time, it damages your ears. This leads to loss of hearing. 5% of the total population of the world is affected by noise (the degree of suffering varies). It may be a result of continuous exposure to loud music or a sudden exposure to a loud noise like an explosion.
3. Hereditary disorders - Hearing disorder may be inherited by the dominant or recessive genes of parents in the child. 70-80% of these cases inherit from the recessive genes, whereas 20-25% inherit hearing loss from the dominant genes.
4. Trauma - Serious injuries of the head/ears may cause loss of hearing, which may be either temporary or permanent. When damage is caused to the brain, the brain fails to process the message conveyed by the ears. So even if the ears are totally functional, a person may face the problem in hearing.
5. Perinatal problems - The ototoxic effects on the fetus due to excess intake of alcohol during pregnancy lead to hearing the loss in about 64% of the infants born to alcoholic mothers.
Also, premature birth can be associated with hearing loss due to high risk of being exposed to noise in neonatal units.
Knowing about the causes of hearing loss can lead you a step closer to preventing this disorder as you age.
Here are some useful tips that can help prevent hearing loss:
1. Be more aware - You should be diligent and aware of the situations, which may risk your hearing ability and should try to avoid such situations as much as possible. Limit your exposure to sources of hazardous noises like firearms, firecrackers, concerts and clubs.
2. Take precautionary measures - If your occupation calls for working at an environment of loud noises, use earplugs or earmuffs to block out the excessive noise. Also, make sure that you work in a place where employers take all the necessary measures of noise control under the federal or state regulations.
3. Monitor your use of gadgets - Monitor and control the use of hearing devices, and try to reduce the use of headphones/ earphones as much as possible. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
Now, today's world is suffering from many unknown ailments, due to our modern lifestyle, diet and many more. One of the most hazardous problems today's world is suffering from is ear related i. E ringing sound or tinnitus with vertigo and hearing loss. So as an audiologist my request and advice to all to avoid unwanted loud sound and protect your hearing by either wearing ear plugs or ear muffs or by avoiding such detrimental situations by wiseness, because tinnitus is mostly related to your duration of noise exposure. Because your health is in your hand. So you people decide.