Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. Aleem Ullah KhanYour feedback matters!
Hello sir Is body acne on my upper back but it didn't causes any rash or itch, how to get rid of it.
I am 28 yers old male, my skin will become black if I travel, and will become oily. What is the remedy for that and where it is available.
Hi doctor my husband has developed a extra skin over his chest it looks something weird an extra skin attached like a boil to it .Now It's paining and he feels like itching. Can I know what is this.
I have black spots on my whole body from my 6th month of pregnancy till today (my baby is of two months). Please advise.
Am 35 years and I have monkey patch, Crowfeet lines and under eye on my face. Likely from last 6 months I have started taking care of my face by regular facials and at night I do cleansing, toning and moisturizing. What more can I do to reduce my appearing lines and tightening my facial skin? Is it safe to use some of the homemade creams available in market with beautician's? Pls help.
I'm 34 year old female I'm having black line on my nose, what should I do? Pls suggest me any cream or any easy treatment.
Hi, I'm 22 years old female. Recently I got intimate with my bf and he kissed me so hard along with teething over my chest n neck. As a result, I ended with some red marks. How to get rid of those marks asap n how many days will it take?
I am ravi 28 year. My eyes dark circle. I never use any alcohol, any bad habits to use that. So please suggest me.
I have got a white spot of about 3mm diameter on my penis on the inner side. How can it be removed and what ill effects does it have.
I was fair and had bright skin tone when I was studying in college at coimbatore. But after shifting to chennai due to the water and climate changes the skin became dull and not fair how it was earlier. Is there any skin cream or other things that will bring back the fairness of the skin?
I am 32 years old. I am feeling that I am losing hair on my eyebrows. And my skin colour is little darkened. Could please tell me the possible reasons for this?
I saw a add of a product named safi which says that I can give a fair looking skin so is it really helpful?
My lips are black but I do not know how I don't even smoke please kindly recommend something that make me feel happy that can change my lips colour.
Hi, hope you are doing great ! My name is harsha. 28 year old guy from Bangalore. I had few pimples and oily skin during teen age. Now those pimples are no more and skin looks clearer. But the pimple marks are still visible. Let me know any remedy to at least reduce those deep pore marks.
I have big skin problem when I come in cold whether it air condition or winter then feel too much cold even it happen out of bearable and pain comes too much and looking so bad whole body from hand to feet please help me. My skin looking as old person due to cold.
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream for 4 months didn't see any changes. What should I do?
Lupus is an autoimmune system disease in which the body's immune system gets hyperactive and attacks the normal and healthy tissue. It is a chronic illness. Individuals with lupus may encounter episodes of a flare up when symptoms show up, and episodes of remission when the side effects are under control. During a lupus flare up one may experience side effects such as weariness, exhaustion, weight reduction, fever, and iron deficiency. Flares and remissions can happen at any time, all of a sudden.
Some of the cautioning signs of a flare are as follows:
- Weakness and fatigue
- High fever
- Increased pain
- Development of a rash or worsening of one
- Disturbed stomach
- A migraine or wooziness
Some of the ways through which one can reduce lupus flare-ups are as follows
- Figure out how to perceive the signs of a flare up and talk to your specialist regarding them.
- Keep up your physical well-being. Make sure to visit your specialist frequently, regardless of the fact that you are feeling fine. Plan customary dental, eye, and gynecological exams.
- Get enough rest. Be adaptable with your timetable of day-by-day exercises.
- Attempt to limit your anxiety and stress. Since this might be difficult to do now and again, think about creating a method of managing stress. Build up an emotionally supportive network that includes your family, companions, medicinal or nursing experts, group associations, and care groups.
- Participate in an activity or a project to help you keep up physical wellness and decrease stress.
- Have a solid and healthy eating routine.
- Limit your exposure to the sun and different sources of bright light, for example, fluorescent or incandescent lamps.
- Notify your specialist immediately regarding any damage, ailment, or infection in case you do not feel well.
- Delay elective surgery (dental surgery and teeth pulling) until your lupus is under control or going away.
- Lupus may bring about issues for a pregnant woman and her child. Thus, women with lupus need to be careful while planning any pregnancy. Try not to quit using conception prevention until you have talked about the likelihood of pregnancy with your specialist and he or she has verified that you are perfectly healthy to get pregnant.
- Talk to your specialist before you quit taking any recommended medicines.
- Check with your specialist or attendant before taking any over-the-counter prescriptions.
- Be cautious while attempting any over-the-counter medications for your skin or scalp. In case there is any redness, rash, raised areas, itching or irritation, do not use the medicine.
- Know that specific physician recommended medications might trigger a flare. up Likewise, tell your lupus specialist or doctor if any new prescriptions have been recommended for you.
- Make sure to check with your lupus specialist before accepting any vaccination. Routine injections, including those for season's flu virus and pneumonia, are an essential piece of keeping up your well-being, and you need to get them if your specialist confirms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Hi. My age is 22 I am getting pain in my Anus when I go washroom. Usually I spent just 1 min in washroom but. From one month I am spending 4 min that to with pain. I never use felt like tag in my life. Pain is only when I go to shit. But not other times. I have heard about piles but. I am scared of that tell me what problem is mine.
Hi I am 28 year girl my problem is that I am having smile lines and lines on my forehead which became more visible from last month and my face getting dull day by day and losing its fairness .please suggest me any cream any exercise (facial) which can help me to get out these or any treatment. Thanks.
Photodynamic therapy or PDT is a relatively new and non-invasive treatment for non melanomaskin cancer. It is mostly used in cases where the cancer is superficial and has not spread too deep. PDT is used mostly to treat Actinic Keratoses on the face and scalp, Basal cell carcinomas, Bowen’s disease, as well as other conditions such as head and neck, mouth, lung and gullet cancer.
How does it work?
This treatment involves the use of a drug known as photosensitize or a photosensitizing agent with a specific type of light. When the photosensitizing agents get exposed to a light of a specific wavelength, a form of oxygen is produced, which eliminates nearby cancer cells. Every photosensitizer gets activated by the special light. The wavelength of the light determines how much it can penetrate into the body.
Process of Photodynamic therapy
Skin cancer is cured by PDT in several steps. The first step involves the injection of a photosensitizer into the patient’s bloodstream. The blood cells absorb the agent all over the body, but in the cancer cells, it stays for a longer duration. Within 72 hours after the injection is given, the skin is exposed to light. The photosensitizer agent present in the cancer affected cells absorbs the light. An active oxygen form gets produced, which kills the cancer cells.
Other than killing the cancer cells directly, PDT uses two other ways to destroy cancerous tumors. The blood vessels in the tumor are affected, which leads to its death. The immune system also gets charged up and activated for fighting the cancer cells.
The light used for PDT is usually in the form of a laser. LEDs are also used to treat tumors present on the surface of the skin. The primary photosensitizing agent used in PDT is called porfimer sodium or Photofrin.
PDT can be undertaken in the outpatient department in a hospital. After taking the treatment, you have to keep the cancer affected area of the skin dry and covered for 36 hours. The area should be treated with care while showering. In case of thick skin lesions, repeat treatments are required within 4 weeks.
When is PDT used for skin cancer
PDT can be undertaken instead of surgery for treating basal cell cancer, Bowen’s disease and actinic keratosis. PDT is used in cases where surgeries are required. It is used to treat large skin cancers, which are not very deep and in the case when several cancers develop in an area. For many skin conditions, PDT is a better remedy than undergoing a surgery.
Advantages of PDT
- There are no long term side effects.
- The process is less invasive compared to surgery.
- A very short time is taken for this therapy to be undertaken.
- The process can be repeated several times in the same area.
- Very less scarring takes place in the affected area.
- The cost of this procedure is lesser than surgery.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
- The cost of this procedure is lesser than surgery.