Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Anesthesiologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Akramudin
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. AkramudinYour feedback matters!
My friend has pain on her legs, she is telling me that when she was running, pain started from knee to toe & this pain is not mussels pain it is from beside the leg bone & its so painfully. She aslo informed that when she stop running pain become more but if she take rest for few days this pain become vanished. She went to doctors but result become zero. She is around 20th. Place give me some suggestions for her. Thanking you in advanced.
This honeopathic remedy relieves lower back pain with sharp throbbing pain.
This is used to relieve lower back pain caused or worsened by staying immobile.
Umbago is often provoked by banal causes, i. E. A muscular or ligaments’ sprain, that may occur after a bad movement (as a fall), or after having lifted heavy weights or having done an exaggerated physical effort.
Obviously inadequate training, a wrong posture, overweight together with many other factors can help the happening of the problem.Other causes source from the spine itself: lumbago may descend from an arthritis of the spine (spondylosis) degenerative arthritis of the spinal vertebrae and related tissue; on the vertebral surface they may form the so called osteophytes (bony projections) that sometimes impinge on nerves causing pain.
Spine arthritis often shows up together with a problem of the intra vertebral discs that tend to become more thin. This causes the vertebrae to come closer with a consequent reduction of the space left for the nerve roots.The result is an irritation of the nerve structures that causes a lumbar sciatica. Another possible cause of compression of the nerve’s root is spinal disc herniation, main factor of sciatica.
Lumbar sciatica may also be caused by a narrowing (stenosis) of the vertebral canal inside which is contained the spinal marrow. Some persons are simply born with a more narrow canal than normal, while in some other cases stenosis can appear later, in example caused by an arthritis.There can also be an alteration of the spine, when a displacement of a vertebra in relation to the vertebrae below occurs (spondylolisthesis).
Almost everyone knows what is back pain. Lumbago is one of the most frequent problems: it is the second cause of medical visits after influenza and it has been estimated that 4 on 5 people suffer from it sooner or later in life.The spine is made by vertebras, separated by intra vertebral discs that act as shock absorbers, and its stability is assured by a group of ligaments and muscles.Inside the spine it is located the spinal marrow from which the nerves source and, coming out from spaces between a vertebra and another, they reach different parts of the body.The lumbar section of the spine, composed by 5 vertebras, is involved in almost every movement: it is fundamental to hold the back straight, to allow the torso rotation and its flexion. The back sustains most of the body weight and efforts and if its functions are compromised this can be strongly invalidating.The main symptom of lumbago is obviously pain that can locate in a specific area of the back.
The main symptom of lumbago is obviously pain that can locate in a specific area of the back.
It is often provoked by a muscle or ligaments sprain and it usually shows up together with a trauma, also called back strain.
Pain can be continuous and can sometimes ease by changing posture or practicing a light physical activity.
It is recommended not to practice heavy physical activity because it causes the symptoms to increase. When pain is provoked by a compression of one of the nerves' roots that come out from the lumbar spine, it tends to irradiate to the area reached by the entire nerve.So, if speaking of the lumbar spine, pain reaches the lower limb on the interested side of the body. In these cases the result is lumbar sciatica.
Ache may be felt after making an effort but also spontaneously and tends to be continuous and characterized by peaks of pain.
Improving the physical conditions and following some simple rules can help preventing back ache: it is important to do aerobic physical activity periodically (i. E. Swimming or walking).In fact, training helps to strengthen the back and its resistance. Moreover it is important to hold in check the body weight, losing weight if necessary and doing reinforcement and stretching exercises focused on the abdomen, buttocks and back muscles.
Here are some suggestions that can turn useful in daily life.
- When standing: if forced to spend a long time standing it is important to shift weight support from a leg to the other.
- When sitting: it is recommended to use a chair suitable for the lumbar area;
- The chair seat must allow to keep knees folded and feet well laid on the ground.
- When lifting a weight. Knowing how to lift a weight in the correct way it is really useful to prevent low back pain: it is important to avoid using the back while doing it. Legs must be folded so that arms are at the same level of the object that needs to be lifted ; the object must be kept near the body. Moreover, it is better to avoid putting weights over the head.
- When sleeping: in general the advice is to sleep on a hard mattress, even if recent studies recommended medium-hard ones. Avoid pillows which are too thick because they force the neck to bend excessively.
- It is important to avoid too long periods in bed: a light physical activity helps the recovery, obviously avoiding those movements that increase pain.
- If lumbago is caused by an acute trauma it can be useful to initially apply ice. The latter can be applied for 15 minutes several times a day. Once spasm and acute pain are gone, heat can be applied.
- With regard to body belt and corset, opinions are sometimes discordant therefore it is necessary a suggestion of an orthopedic specialist. In fact, even if they help keeping warmth on the damaged area, they tend to weaken the back muscle in the long term. For this reason it is better to do some exercises in order to reinforce the musculature.
Pain in the very low back (the sacral or sacroiliac areas) that feels worse when standing up from a sitting position, and worse from stooping, may be eased with this remedy. Aesculus is especially indicated for people with low back pain who also have a tendency toward venous congestion and hemorrhoids.
This remedy relieves lower back aches and stiffness from overexertion or minor trauma.
This remedy is indicated when back pain is worse from even the slightest motion. Changing position, coughing, turning, or walking may bring on sharp, excruciating pain. This remedy can be helpful for back pain after injury and backaches during illness.
This is often useful for low back pain and muscle weakness, especially in a person who is chilly, flabby or overweight, and easily tired by exertion. Chronic low back pain and muscle weakness may lead to inflammation and soreness that are aggravated by dampness and cold.
Stiffness and soreness of the spinal muscles and joints, especially in the neck and upper back, may be relieved by this remedy. The person feels worse from drafts and cold, as well as from exertion. Aching in the bones and feelings of weariness and dissatisfaction are often seen in people who need this remedy.
Back pain that improves from lying on something hard or pressing a hard object (such as a block or book) against the painful area suggests a need for this remedy. The person often seems reserved or formal, but has strong emotions that are kept from others. Back pain from suppressed emotions, especially hurt or anger, may respond to natrum muriaticum.
This remedy is indicated for muscle cramps or constricting pains in the back. Discomfort is made worse by cold and relieved by warmth. Pain usually is worse night, and the person may have to sit up in bed to turn over. Backache is also worse during constipation, and the pain is aggravated when the person feels the urge to move the bowels.
This remedy can be useful for pain in the neck and shoulders as well as the lower back, when the pain is worse on initial movement and improves with continued motion. Even though in pain, the person finds it hard to lie down or stay still for very long, and often restlessly paces about. Aching and stiffness are aggravated in cold damp weather and relieved by warm applications, baths or showers, and massage.
This remedy is often indicated when a person with back pain has a slouching posture. The back is weak and the person feels much worse from standing up for any length of time. Pain is also worse from stooping. Warmth may aggravate the pain and inflammation.
Cimicifuga (also called actaea racemosa)
Severe aching and stiffness in the upper back and neck, as well as the lower back-with pains that extend down the thighs or across the hips - may be eased with this remedy. It is often helpful for back pain during menstrual periods, with cramping, heaviness, and soreness. A person who needs this remedy typically is talkative and energetic, becoming agitated or depressed when ill.
If back pain sets in during cold damp weather, along with catching a cold, or after getting wet and chilled, this remedy may be indicated. Stiffness and chills can be felt in the back, and pain is usually worse from stooping.
Back pains related to emotional upsets-especially grief-will often respond to this remedy. Thee muscles of the lower back may spasm, and twitches, drawing pains, and cramps often occur in other areas.
Kali carbonicum is a homeopathic medicine for lower back pain with the feeling that the knees are going to" give in"
This honeopathic remedy relieves lower back pain with sharp throbbing pain.
This is used to relieve lower back pain caused or worsened by staying immobile.
My brother got a knee injury during playing. And his MRI impressions are as follows. :Bucket handle tear of medial meniscus. :high grade partial tear of anterior cruciate ligament. :bone contusion/marrow edema in the posterior aspect of lateral tibial condyle and in the lateral femoral condyle. :Grade-2 sprain in medial collateral ligament. :moderate joint effusion. Give proper suggestions regarding surgery AMD if the recovery is done without surgery. Give proper suggestions.
NSTRUCTIONS FOR PEOPLE WITH ACUTE LOW BACK PAIN
- The simple rule is that if bending forward has been the cause of over stretching, bending backward should rectify this problem and reduce any resultant distortion. You must restore the lordosis slowly and with caution, never quickly or with jerky movements. You must allow some time for the distorted joint to regain its normal shape and position: a sudden or violent movement may retard this process, increase the strain in and around the affected joint, and thus result in an increase of low back pain .
- Remember, when commencing the exercises, some increase of mid line low back pain can be expected. Some exercises will only be effective when you actually move into the pain while exercising. You should feel some pain when doing these exercises, but you should never have a lasting increase in pain which remains present the following day.When in acute pain, you must, apart from exercising, make certain adjustments in your daily activities. These adjustments forma very important aspect of self-treatment. If you do not follow the instructions given below, you will unnecessarily delay the healing process. This is entirely your responsibility.Maintain your lumbar lordosis at all times.
- Slouched sitting and bending forward as in touching the toes will only increase the pressure in the joints, stretch and weaken the supporting structures,and lead to further damage in the low back. If you slouch you will have discomfort and pain.
Good posture is the key to spinal comfort. Sit as little as possible, and then for short periods only.
- If you must sit, choose a firm, high chair with a straight back, make sure that you have an adequate lordosis, and use a lumbar roll to support the low back. Avoid sitting on a low, soft couch with the legs straight out in front as in sitting up in bed or in the bath; both these situations force you to lose the lordosis. When getting up from the sitting position, you should attempt to maintain the lordosis: move to the front of the seat, stand up by straightening the legs and avoid bending forward at the waist.
- Drive the car as little as possible; it is better to be a passenger than to drive yourself. If you must drive, your seat should be far enough back from the steering wheel to allow you to drive with your arms relatively straight.
- With the arms straight, your upper body is held back and you are prevented from slouching; this allows full benefit to be obtained from the lumbar roll, which should always be used when driving. Avoid activities which require bending forward or stooping. Many activities can be modified adequately to enable maintenance of the lordosis. It is possible to maintain the correct posture when vacuuming in the standing position; it is also possible to maintain a correct lordosis by going down on all fours when gardening, making beds, etc.
- If you have acute low back pain, you should not lift at all. If you must lift, you should avoid objects that are awkward to handle or heavier than 30 pounds (15 kg). At all times you must use the correct lifting technique.
- If you are uncomfortable at night, you may benefit from a supportive roll around your waist. For most people, it is recommended that the mattress should not be too hard but well supported by a firm base.
- If your bed sags, slats or a sheet of plywood between mattress and base will straighten it, or else you can have the mattress placed on the floor.When getting up from lying, you should keep your back in lordosis: tum on one side, draw both knees up, drop the feet over the edge of the bed, raise yourself to the sitting position by pushing your upper body up with your hands, and avoid bending forward at the waist. Stand up from sitting as described before.
- Avoid coughing and sneezing while you are sitting or bending forward. You should stand and bend backward if you are forced to cough or sneeze.Avoid those positions and movements which initially caused your problems. You must allow some time for healing to take place.
The neck is one of the most important parts of the human body, as it connects the head with the rest of the body and renders precious mobility to the former. The neck consists of a number of vertebrae that start from the skull and end in the upper torso. There are also cervical discs that can absorb shock and allow motion along with the bones, ligaments and muscles that render support. Injuries, anomalies, inflammation and other causes may lead to neck pain which can cause severe problems if not treated properly and on time.
Read on to know more about the causes of neck pain.
- Muscle Tension and Strain: If you sit at a desk and work for too long without changing your position often enough, then the discomfort will gradually lead to chronic pain and inflammation due to the poor posture. Also, maintaining a poor posture while sitting, standing and walking can all lead to this kind of pain. The muscles of the neck can also suffer strain due to neck jerks during gym sessions of exercising. Also, if you sleep with your neck in a bad position, this can lead to neck and shoulder pain which can last for several days.
- Injury: The neck is a sensitive and delicate area that we take for granted many times. This part of the body is most susceptible to injuries which can be caused due to falls, car accidents, sports and other such occasions where the muscles as well as the ligaments of the neck may be forced out of their normal range, leaving the body in acute and severe pain. A fracture of the cervical vertebrae or the neck bones can also lead to neck pain which can take several weeks and months to get fully repaired. Sudden jerking of the head can also cause neck pain and neck injury. This motion is known as a ‘whiplash’.
- Heart Attack: Did you know that a heart attack can also give you neck pain? That’s right neck pain is one of the symptoms of a heart attack along with excessive sweating, nausea, pain in the arm and the jaw line, as well as shallow breathing and shortness of breath. If you do experience such symptoms along with sudden neck pain, then you will need to call the emergency unit of the hospital or a doctor immediately.
- Meningitis: This condition refers to the inflammation of the thin tissue surrounding the spinal cord as well as the brain. Headaches and a stiff neck are the most common and persistent symptoms of this condition. This can also turn out to be a fatality if it is not treated on time.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!