Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Akhil Dadi
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Leg Pain
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Hand Pain
Treatment of Shoulder Pain
Treatment of Foot Pain
Treatment of Lower Back Pain
Treatment of Bone Fracture
Treatment of Arm Pain
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Finger Pain
Treatment of Hip Pain
Treatment of Heel Pain
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Elbow Pain
Treatment of Spondylitis
Treatment of Strains
Treatment of Slip Disc
Treatment of Ankle Sprain
Submit a review for Dr. Akhil DadiYour feedback matters!
Literally translated into two words – arthro (joint) and scopy (to look), arthroscopy refers to a process used to look into a joint. The doctor uses an instrument known as arthroscope which is used to examine a joint in greater detail. What was initially used mainly in diagnosis has gradually grown to include use of instruments through the arthrocope, thereby allowing for some surgical treatments to be done as well.
- Diagnosis of joint problems like cartilage tears
- Repairing joint problems
- Remove foreign bodies in a joint
- Track response to treatments
- Identify disease progression
- Used during an open surgery to:
- Usually done as an outpatient procedure
- The procedure in terms of what to expect will be explained to the patient
- A sedative is given and the area to be studied is usually shaven and topical antiseptic is applied
- Vital signs are monitored
- Regional or local anethesia is generally used, where only the joint to be studied is injecte with a local anesthetic.
- In cases where the patient is undergoing an open surgery, general anesthesia would be given.
- The patient’s position would depend on the joint being studied, usually, is made to lie on the back.
- A tourniquet is used to restrict blood flow to the particular joint
- A small incision is made in the joint space and the instrument is introduced into the joint space. There is a constant slow flow of saline or another irrigant (to which chlorhexidine might be added) to improve visibility and to remove debris and control infection
- Other joint tools are used as required during the procedure either to cut off small fragments of tissue or to remove debris or foreign body.
- Once all procedures are done, the joint is thoroughly flushed to clear off any debris.
- It is closed with stitches after final inspection
- During recovery, crutches or splints may be used depending on the patient’s overall condition
- Duration of the procedure depends on what actually was done. An inspection could last about 20 minutes while a procedure could take a couple of hours.
After the procedure:
I am 20 year old boy. I am having feet pain from 2 to 3 days. I used cream. That can't gave revile.Please tell.
Fibromyalgia is a musculoskeletal disorder that is characterized by pain in the muscles and the joints. This disorder leads to the development of multiple tender points on the body, wherein, a very small amount of pressure applied might result in pain. In some cases, social isolation and depression may occur as a result of this disorder.
The symptoms of fibromyalgia are:
1. You will have difficulties in sleeping at night
2. You may experience mental problems and cognitive dysfunction
3. Light and noise sensitivity
4. Irritable bowel syndrome
5. A numb feeling on your hands and feet
6. Chronic headaches
7. You may experience painful periods
8. Restless legs syndrome
9. You may be depressed
The muscles of the body tend to feel overworked, even though you may not have exercised. You may also experience deep throbbing pain and burning sensation in the muscles. In addition, it may cause symptoms similar to osteoarthritis and bursitis. You are at a higher risk of being affected by fibromyalgia if you have a family history of this particular disease.
Some other causes of this disease are:
1. Certain infections and illness may lead to fibromyalgia
2. Car accidents
3. Any repetitive motion
The treatments for this disorder include:
- Sleep management: Optimal levels of sleep at night help in improving symptoms of fibromyalgia. Don’t drink coffee or consume spicy foods before going to bed as these have the ability to interfere with your sleep cycles.
- Medications: The doctor may prescribe medications to manage the pain. Taking anti-depressants may be necessary if you suffer from depression.
- Other therapies: Massage treatments help in easing the symptoms of fibromyalgia. You may continue with your exercise regimen after consulting the doctor. Relaxation techniques like mediation may help improving your mental health. You may also be asked to include various food supplements to make sure your body receives the necessary nutrients in the right amounts. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!