Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ajit KrishnaYour feedback matters!
What are periods and it is safe to have a sex during periods and what precautions should be taken and use condom at the time if sex in periods explain in brief.
I have got fungus on my left hand as well as the internal parts of body. It feels itching and spreading day by day.
For about two weeks my urine is yellow in colour of even though I have been drinking so much water. What may be the reason for urine colour?
Whether the loss of nerve in the ear zone due to use of Streptomycin Inj in a patient of spinal TB is reversible?
I am 29 years male. I have notIced that while having sex I ejaculate very early. Like while wearing the condom or at the time of inserting I ejaculate. Please help me.
My digestive system is getting weak &I am loosing my health, body fat day by day and my face is shrinking too. What should I do?
My son is suffering from viral fever since last 5 days, presently he is taking paracetamol. Please suggest the antibiotic for easy recovery.
Hi I am 31 and single. When I am involved in inter course I give up in less than 10 r 15 seconds. I do foreplay for at least 30 mins but my semen comes out within 15 seconds.
Many people bite nails when they are anxious or stressed. However, knowing its harmful effects will only increase their anxiety and stress. About 30% of children, 45% of teenagers and 25% of young adults have the habit of biting their nails. Nail biting is one habit which sets in due to various reasons and just continues due to nervousness, boredom, frustration or stress. People tend to unconsciously bite their nails and over a period of time, it becomes very difficult to get rid of the habit.
A good understanding of the harmful effects of biting nails, to the overall health and oral health, can be a good starting point to quitting the habit. The harmful effects of nail biting on oral health effects are listed below:
- Source of infection: The fingernails are more difficult to clean than the fingers and the rest of the hand. Therefore, there is a good amount of bacteria residing there, which get into your mouth and your stomach when you bite nails. The next time you wonder why your stomach is upset, take a good look at your nails.
- Tooth chipping: The enamel is thinnest at the tip of the front teeth. When biting nails, there is a constant pressure on this thin enamel which can chip after a certain point of time. Another way that a tooth chips is because of the pressure when biting a nail. The tooth can hit hard on the opposing tooth, leading to a fracture or chipping.
- Altered shape of the teeth: In many cases, the front teeth appear worn off or are squared. This is because there is always pressure on the teeth from the nails.
- Induce gap between the front teeth: When nail biting continues for years at a stretch, the two front teeth can develop a gap between them.
- Tooth sensitivity: With the enamel wearing off, the dentin is exposed and this can cause tooth sensitivity in many people.
- Joint problems: The temporomandibular joint (TMJ) near the ears helps in opening and closing the mouth. Constant pressure on the joint due to nail biting leads to inflammation of the joint which can cause ear ache, headaches, improper closing of the jaw and clicking sounds.
- Delay treatment with braces: A person with braces with a nail biting habit will have very bad consequences. There is pressure from both the braces and the biting. This could also lead to the failure to correct the misaligned teeth.
How to manage this habit?
- Identify the root cause of the habit
- Identify alternate ways to manage stress (exercise, yoga, hobby, etc.)
- A nail polish that has a bitter or offensive taste or smell
- Well manicured and painted nails, which you won’t feel like biting
- Get family and friends to remind or chide you, whichever works. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dentist.
I feel I am not able to hear properly. I feel that I hear my voice louder than the others. Please help.
What's the remedy for a curved penis and how to get stronger erections? Most importantly, is there any association between penis size and height?
Hello I am 26 years male. I have been suffering from gastric acidity from a long time and recently I observed to have liquid stool at the morning in spite of having normal diet course. Am I having any liver weakness due to gastric problems?
I ve tooo sleeping sickness and I am putting on weight and I have excess of heat in my body what I should do for this? I need to a suggestions for this.
Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo is among the common causes of vertigo. It is the sudden sensation of the spinning of your head which occurs with the change of position of your head. It is a disorder of the inner ear. It occurs when calcium carbonate crystals accumulate in large numbers in any one of the ear canals and stimulate abnormal fluid movement in the inner ear. This sends false signals of head movement to the brain. This can also crop up post head injury. Rolling over the bed or quick head movements like when sitting up in bed can also trigger this condition.
The common symptoms of benign paroxysmal positional vertigo are as follows:
Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo may be treated in the following manner:
- Medication to get relief from the spinning of your head.
- Epley's Maneuver involves transportation of the calcium particles to a different part of the ear which will no longer cause any problems.
- Brandt-Daroff exercises.
- Sometimes watchful waiting can help a person to recover without having to undergo any other treatment but it is a long process and often involves risk factors.
- Surgery: This option is used rarely when other treatments fail.
A very important thing to remember is that vertigo can lead to falls and driving should be avoided. The patient will need support during an episode to avoid injuries. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ENT specialist.