Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Ajay ReddyYour feedback matters!
I am male and my age is 65 years. I can go to sleep any time after 10 p.m. without any problem but I don`t get continuous sleep for more than 4-5 hrs. I generally don`t sleep during day time. I don`t consume alcohol and don`t take tea or coffee after 6 p.m. Please suggest how to get continuous sleep of 6-7 hours. Thanks
I have migraine pain since two years. I have regular pain in my head. What can I do for this? Please advice.
Sir mam I have a serious facial palsy and it will remain permanent bow should I live my life by having this type of face this is really troubling my face help me I am jusf 24 years old just .i will remain permanent sir help me .
I am 28 year old male suffering from migraine. Using propranolol hcl initially 20-20 mg per day since 1 year and now reduced to 10 mg at one time during the day. Is it good practice? When I stop using this medicine palpitations, heart pain etc starts what to do to quit this medicine?
My sister has shivering in whole body from few days. She was taking chest infection medicines from few days. We take her to hospital doctor has given her nubilizer. But still she has shivering in hands. Kindly suggest good treatment.
Hi. I'm 26 and I want to know about body tremors. I have low blood pressure and sometimes my hands tremble so much but during the past one year I've also experienced body tremor. When I ask my relatives they semi to not see it. But inside I can feel my body is not stable at all. Especially in the morning when I wake up I experience tremor. Pls enlighten.
I m suffering with migraine. Past 2 years. please can suggest me permanent treatment. And medicine for instant recovery.
I am 45 years old female. I am feeling vibrations in the lower portion of my body, its like a cell phone vibration. please tell me?
I have pinching headache chest burn numbness anxiety palpitation muscle jerks for the last three month had primary care but not resolved what should I do. Whom I should consult.
I am getting headache in the nights 6 months back when I met doctor he said you have "migraine headache" he advised me to take paracetamol tablet for few days. Again if same issue raises means take paracetamol at that time only. For few months I didn't faced with migraine headache now again I am getting headache previous it use to come only in nights but now even I am getting in the day time also. I would like to know is there any precautions to get relief from that headache and will be any problem with that headache in feature My contact no-9492807942 My name-arun
My dad is paralysed Right side since 1 year Provide me some natural treatment and daily food chart Please sir. He even took acupuncture treatment.
Two years back, I got my nerves blocked in the region between neck and shoulder. Doctor prescribed me to take MRI scan. But I did not. Please suggests me so that to overcome the pain. Should I get to take an operation for this? Please help me.
Epilepsy is a disorder of the central nervous system, thus it is basically a neurological disorder. In this the nerve cell activity of the brain is disrupted and causes seizures along with episodes of unusual behavior along with the loss of consciousness. The symptoms of the seizure can vary and some people with epilepsy just stare blankly for few seconds when a seizure takes place, while some twitch their arms and legs repeatedly.
Symptoms of Epilepsy:
As epilepsy is caused by the abnormal activities in the brain cells, seizures affect the processes with which the brain coordinates. Some signs and symptoms are:
- Staring blankly
- Confusion which is temporary
- Uncontrolled jerking movements of the legs and arms
- Loss of awareness and consciousness
- Psychic symptoms
Mostly the symptoms vary depending on the type of the seizure. The seizures are further classified into focal and generalized depending on which part of the brain shows abnormal activity.
When seizures are due to the abnormal activity of the cells in just one area then it is known as focal seizures. These seizures are of two types:
- Simple partial seizures or the focal seizures without loss of consciousness. These seizures basically alter the emotions and the things like change in smell, look, sound and taste. These also result in the involuntary jerking of the body like the legs and arms, with spontaneous sensory symptoms like the tingling and flashing of the lights.
- Complex partial seizures or the focal dyscognitive seizures. These seizures have a loss of awareness and consciousness. One might just stare blankly into space in this seizure and performs repetitive activities like swallowing, chewing, walking in circles and chewing.
There are six types of generalized seizures. These are:
- Absence seizures, also known as petit mal seizures, are commonly seen in children and are characterized by subtle body movements like lip smacking and eye blinking and staring blankly into space. These also cause loss of consciousness.
- Tonic seizures lead to stiffening of the muscles. These affect the muscles of the legs and arms and also cause to fall to the ground.
- Atonic seizures are also called as drop seizures. These cause loss of control in the muscles, thereby leading to collapse or fall.
- Clonic seizures are the rhythmic and jerking muscle movements. These affect the arms, face and neck.
- Myoclonic seizures appear as twitches in the arms and legs.
- Tonic-clonic seizures also known as grand mal seizures are very dramatic and lead to body stiffening, abrupt loss of consciousness, shaking and loss of bladder control and tongue biting. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist.