Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Ajay ChakravarthyYour feedback matters!
Hello, I would like to know how can I improve my eye sight I mean to say what kind of diet should I take to improve my eye sight.
I am using glass from last two months my eye glass no -3 & -2 is it possible to remove glass permanently.
My eyes are very irritating. Always itching. Tears forming while studying. What can I do? I need tips like what to eat, how much water to drink, additional cares etc.
After getup my eyes look like sleeping, it's a big problem, I dnt look fresh because of my sleep, swelling eyes, this problem arise before two years when I was only 16. How I look fresh.
I have swollen eyelid for last 2 days. The area has become yellow its itching inside. I have taken antibiotics swelling is lowered but small area has swollen now also and its paining on touching. What to do? Why this happens? It has happened few month back also.
I have not comfortable now for next 30 days And my eyes become red today. And my body is become red.
Sometimes I felt right eye bal pain and right eye brow also that time I felt vomiting sometimes I did vomit als o may I know the reason.
I'm a 20 year old male. I have shortsighted problem since one year I wear glasses. I want to remove my glasses. What should I do?
I have yellowness in my eyes science long time I eye sight also normal. I have also use some eyedrop but did not got any result.
I wear spectacles of power 1.75 for the right eye and 2 for the left eye. Even if I wash my face regularly, still there is dirt around my eye. Why?
my daughter have only 20% grip of her hand from her berth and now started a kind of problem in her eye and fell down while waking. What shall be done for this?
I have red eyes in three day and they are coming after two three months regularly what can do for my eyes please tell me.
Using smartphone and laptop continuously daily causes visibility problem and causes to wear spectacle and what are the tips from which one can avoid specs coming early in life?
The retina is the third and innermost layer of the eye that catches light and helps us focus on things so that we can see clearly. This is one of the most important parts of the eye. The retina is made up of a number of light sensitive cells that are connected to nerve fibres. These nerve fibres help in transmitting the light into imagery through neuro impulses that reach the brain. There are many conditions and diseases that can affect this part of the eye.
Read on to know more.
- Macular degeneration: This is a common eye disease that is usually associated with aging and comes with symptoms like blurry vision and even blindness after a certain point. It can prevent a person from seeing things in a clear and sharp manner. This disease goes through a slow progression and can be of the dry or wet type.
- Diabetic retinopathy: This condition can leave one visually impaired in the long run with complete blindness. This complication usually arises when a person is suffering from diabetes. It can be proliferative or non-proliferative depending on the blood and fluid leakage as well as the severity of the inflammation in the retina. While the symptoms are very subtle, the advancement can begin at a very young age.
- Retinal vein occlusion: This condition usually happens when the veins of the retina gets obstructed or gets a blockage. This can lead to reduced blood flow to the entire area which can lead to significant vision impairment and an increase in the pressure on the eyes.
- Retinal tears and detachments: When the retina gets pulled and is subsequently lifted from its normal position, this can lead to a condition known as retinal tears and detachment. If this condition is not treated properly and on time, it can lead to vision loss in the long run. These tears can happen in smaller sections of the retina which can lead to retinal breaks causing detachments in the retina. This condition is most commonly seen in people over the age of 60.
- Posterior vitreous detachment: The vitreous is a gel like layer that allows the eye to retain its shape even as it allows the light to enter the eye and reach the retina. When the thin fibres connecting this layer and the retina get degenerated, there is a detachment that takes place between the two, leading to this condition.
- Epiretinal membrane and macular holes: The scar like tissue known as the epiretinal membrane that lines the back of the eyes. When the macular tissue gets distorted due to this membrane, a macular hole may form which can lead to progressive vision impairment.