Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Afra KhanYour feedback matters!
I am 69 years old male. Smoker, having smoked on an average 6 cigarettes per day for 40 yrs. For last three yrs suffering of glossitis, soreness and mild ulcer of the tongue and mouth which comes and goes. I also have dry mouth syndrome. Kindly advise course of treatment.
Some of friends told me that cleaning/whitening my teeth at the dentist's will take its enamel off and they will become sensitive to hot and cold food/water. Is that true?
Suffering from mouth ulcers. It is caused by changing the toothpaste brand. Firstly, in my inner mouth it feels like my mouth is being cut by small knives then the cut portion changes into painful ulcers.
Is whitening toothpastes usually contain peroxides and other strong abrasives that might make your teeth appear whiter by removing stains?
I'm 16 year old male, I'm having mouth ulcers since last year And I haven't increased a kilogram more since a few months, monster how much I eat. Please help me.
Having headache for more than a week. Previously it was just toothache, now turned into severe headache. What should I do doctor?
My age is 34//and from 3 days I have problem in my right upper back teeth. Light pain and discomfort. please suggest what to do.
I'm having gum prob. As a result bad smell and bleeding. I consulted a doctor he prescribed some medicine and I took it but after fews days same back to me again.
I am suffering from teeth pain from last one week could you please suggest me what to do Thank you In advance.
My teeth is ZIG ZAG. When I smile it looks very bad. I want my teeth straight. And I don't want to change my original teeth anyway to repair teeth without changing the teeth.
Can I do oil pulling to cure my gum problems on regular basis? should I brush up my teeth also just after doing oil pulling?
I have a teeth which is decayed completely after root canaling the teeth ajcent ones getting decaying what should I do now?
Cosmetic dentistry primarily involves improving a person's smile and facial appearance. It could involve the teeth, gums, cheeks, lips, or the bite of the patient. Accordingly, a change can be produced in the color, position, size or shape of the teeth, alignment of the teeth, contouring of the smile, etc. The end result is always a better facial appearance and improved confidence level of the patient.
Some common examples of cosmetic dentistry include:
- Teeth whitening: There are very few people who are happy with the color of their teeth. Everybody wants whiter teeth and therefore go for options like bleaching. This can be done either in the dental office or done at home. A word of caution though - go for teeth whitening only after the consultation with a dentist.
- Veneers, crowns: Just as the color of the teeth, the shape of the teeth also leaves a lot to be desired for almost everybody. Veneers are applied on the teeth after removing a thin layer of tooth structure. Minor reshaping and contouring of the tooth can also be done, especially to improve appearance in the front teeth.
- Tooth contouring/shaping: The edges of the teeth can be smoothened by mere shaping or contouring. There is no extra material that is added to the tooth here. In some cases, a thin layer of resin may be bonded to the tooth if required.
- Bridges: In cases the adjacent teeth shape, size, or color mismatch, then bridges can be done to even out the difference and produce a more corrected appearance.
- Braces: Braces are a big hit as they help correct misaligned teeth. However, the next step with invisible braces and ceramic braces is another step towards moving away from the traditional metal braces, which itself was not cosmetically received.
- Onlays and Inlays: Improper tooth shapes can be corrected with parts of the teeth that either replace only a small decayed portion or the entire crown portion to produce a more pleasing effect.
- Implants: Though fixed bridges do a very good job at replacing lost teeth, implants go to the next level in terms of the aesthetic replacement.
- Gingivoplasty: In cases where the gums have black spots, are too short, or are too long, the gums can be shaped to provide a better teeth visibility. The gums can also be sculpted to produce a more appealing gum line that shows off the teeth to give a more harmonious smile.
- Bite correction: In addition to braces, in some cases, bite correction may be required to smoothen out a sharp cusp or reduce the prominence of the canine.
With a number of corrections possible, cosmetic dentistry is here to stay - just as the drive to look good.