Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Splinting
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AdithyaYour feedback matters!
I am a 45 years old married women. From the last two months I have pain on the right arm near the shoulder. What to do?
I have pain in my leg from last two days, before that I was suffering from chikungunya. please sugs me a good solution.
A shoulder dislocation occurs when the bones of the upper arm snap out of your shoulder blade, generally after suffering a major injury. The joints of the shoulder are the most flexible body joints, thereby, making them more prone to dislocation. In most of the cases, a dislocated shoulder can be fixed within a few weeks’ time with the help of proper diagnosis. There is a high chance of suffering from dislocations over and over again. A dislocated shoulder, if not treated immediately, can lead to further complications such as damage to the blood vessels and nerve around the affected area or tearing of the associated muscles or ligaments.
What can cause a shoulder dislocation
You can experience a dislocation in your shoulder joints due to the following reasons:
- Shoulder dislocation can occur if you play any kind of contact sports such as football or hockey. You are more susceptible to a dislocated shoulder if the sports or physical activities you engage in regularly involve the risk of suffering from falls such as gymnastics or volleyball.
- A dislocated shoulder is a common occurrence if you have suffered a major motor vehicle accident that might have affected your shoulder.
- You can also suffer from a dislocated shoulder if you have survived a fall in the recent past such as tripping from a ladder or similar injuries.
Symptoms of a dislocated shoulder
You are suffering from a dislocated shoulder if you exhibit the following signs and symptoms:
- Abnormal enlargement of the affected area or bruising
- Severe pain around the shoulder area due to a recurrent muscle spasm in the shoulder joints
- Extreme pain while moving the joint
- A sense of numbness or a tingling sensation near the affected area, for example, in areas around the neck or the arm
- Visibly deformed shoulder joints
Treatment for shoulder dislocation
The treatment for shoulder dislocation depends on the severity of the injury. The following treatments can be implemented with suggestion from the doctors:
- If you had recurrent instances of dislocated shoulders, your doctor might suggest a surgery to remedy the damaged blood vessels and nerves around the area.
- Depending upon the intensity of the pain, the doctor might implement a general manoeuvre procedure to relocate your shoulder bones. After the procedure is conducted, you will feel your pain significantly reducing.
- Your doctor can also recommend you to wear a sling around your shoulder area to regulate the movement of the shoulder joints for the first few days to about 3 weeks, depending upon the intensity of the pain.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My father is about 55 years old. He had a pain in leg for 1 month . Nothing happened after consulting to a doctor. What should we do now ?
I am a female aged 65 years suffering from arthritis since long, having stiffness and inflammation around knees and ankles including feet up-to fingers. I am under treatment taking SAZO, NUROKIND LC, months LC, and Risofos kit. Almost regularly. I am also doing some necessary exercises advised my the doctors with sufficient diet control. In-spite of all efforts the stiffness has not reduced and it hinders my free and comfortable movements while walking. Please advise me what should I do more for the perfect relief? Sushila Chugh - Ghaziabad (U. P.)
I have pain in my feet just below my knee after an accident when a car came and struck with my cycle and injure me. Can I surely be fit again?
I have muscle pain from last 2 months in my lower part of the both leg. So please recommend me for best solution.
I am 32years old female. I have back pain past 3 to 4 yrs. Aftr done my avotion. Now im nt getting pregnancy also. So what I should do now.
I am 40 years old lady ,muje last one week se neend nhe aa rhe he ,agar aate bhe he too legs me soote time hlka hlka pain shuru ho jaata he ,ghbraht shuru ho jaate he ,neend ke goole bhe kha le phir bhe neend nhe aate kya keru ,plz help me.
I am 20 year old male, Like a month back I was talking a walk down the street and I slipped, got would or on my left leg knee and went to the doctor the other day.
I have severe back ach since many months. All diagnosis depict the normal status but still suffering from pain.
I am 35 year old female and I have very serious problem in back from last 2 weeks I can can not stand without being any sportable thing.
Am 30 year old. Am suffering from back pain from last 2 months, what should I can do solve this problem.
Respected sir or mam I have a lot of pain in my back I can use move and many others painkiller tablets but it will not cure the pain is from about more than one week. I can going to PEHLAVAAN but the result is nothing. Give me best cure that can help me fast as possible.
I m 26yrs old and suffering from complete body muscular pain. It pain all the day more in morning wen I woke up and especially thigh. I took calcium to overcome this problem but still no relief. I consult doctor for the problem he told its muscular problem and gave me medicine but after that also I have no relief. Its a sweet muscle pain when somebody press it hard by hand or leg I feel relief but after sometime its again the same sweet pain. Sir please tell what shud I do and wats the reason behind this pain.
I have not Broken up with my gf but she is too much careless about me this days. For this reason I'm very much depressed, I am unable to concentrate on my studies. What should I do?
I am a 28 year old male. I have a problem when I get up my legs are paining. Why this is happening with me I want to know that.
I am having pain in both the knees and near by leg muscle. It was after I started exercising. What should I do.
Frozen shoulder is a condition when somebody encounters continuous shoulder stiffness and pain. It could last for weeks. It is likely to occur when swelling increases around the shoulder which reduces inability to move or stretch properly. This ordinarily happens when somebody is recovering from an injury. Frozen shoulder at times happens when somebody is wearing a sling or a cast. It also occurs, if someone is recovering from surgery, experiencing joint pain or facing restraint of movement for other reasons.
A frozen shoulder can go on from a couple of months to as much as 3 years and the precise cause is unknown. Physiotherapy is often to treat this condition. It has been found that posture plays a huge part in your recovery from a frozen shoulder. The urgent goal is to get the shoulder join moving once again. The sooner this is done, the better are the odds of a quick recovery. Anti-inflammatory medicines, heat application and delicate stretching activities are performed with the assistance of a physiotherapist.
Physiotherapy is very crucial for a frozen shoulder since it is very difficult to get movement in the stiff joint without any exercise, stretching or other methods used by a physiotherapist. It is mostly crucial to get physiotherapy to:
- To reduce pain in the shoulder
- To increase the flexibility and strength of the shoulder
- To enhance movement of the shoulder.
- To increase endurance of the muscles
Physiotherapy treatment for a frozen shoulder depends on the stage you are on and is customized according to the needs of your condition. Physiotherapy treatments for a frozen shoulder include:
- Pain relief: Pain diminishing techniques including gentle shoulder movement exercises, muscle releases, needle therapy, dry needling and kinesiology taping for pain can help during the painful swelling phase.
- Defrosting: Shoulder mobilization and stretching are the best in order to achieve a full shoulder recovery. As your scope of movement increases, your physiotherapist will then be able to give you muscle strengthening exercises to control and keep up your recently found range of movement.
- Warm Up: Before beginning shoulder exercises for a frozen shoulder, try to warm up your shoulder keeping in mind the end goal. That is to help blood supply in the affected area and avoid future injuries. The best approach is to extend and warm up the shoulder by applying heat for 10 to 15 minutes, scrubbing down or showering with Epsom salt.
Physiotherapy does not bring out immediate results, but gradually. Flexibility will increase gradually. One should keep in mind, not to stretch their shoulder too quickly at once. This can lead to a ligament tear. The exercises should be tender and gradual. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.