Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Adi Vishnu
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Adi VishnuYour feedback matters!
Sir Meri shadi ho chuki hai or 3 months of doughter hai. Sir hum 1st bache ke baad 1&2 saal ka gap rakhana chate hai. Toh hame bataye ki kya kare.
Hi I am a 26 year female married and I have got a kid. Day before yesterday me and my husband had unprotected sex. As a precaution before 12 hours I have taken I pill tablet. My menstruation cycle is 28 days and starting date of last cycle was 15th May 16. I have 2 questions. 1. As ovulation date is near and I have taken I pill tablet is it OK that I shall not get pregnant? 2. Can we have unprotected sex till my next menstruation cycle?
My periods got missed this month and I have cramping in my stomach I do not know what to do please suggest.
Are you aware of the procedure called hymenorrhaphy and the benefits that are associated with it? It is a surgical procedure that aims at repairing the hymen by stitching it back. It is referred to as hymen reconstruction, but is not a part of conventional gynecological care. It is considered to be more of a form of plastic surgery. Women undergoing this procedure do it so that the hymen bleeds after it is broken during sexual intercourse.
- Hymenorrhaphy is a non invasive procedure which is performed under local anesthesia, along with sedation.
- Sometimes, general anesthesia may also be required depending on the patient’s condition.
- The surgery starts with the excision of the torn hymen edges.
- Commonly, a hymen reconstruction is performed following three ways.
- Sewing of the torn skin, which makes up the hymen’s secondary layer, making the hymen look intact.
- The placement of an artificial membrane without any blood supply that acts as an artificial hymen. A gelatin capsule containing a substance resembling blood is placed here.
- The placement of a flap taken from the vaginal lining for creating a hymen that is fully functional, along with blood supply. This acts as a restored hymen.
- Patients undergoing the second form of hymenorrhaphy should avoid having sexual intercourse for three months after the procedure.
- Dissolvable sutures are used during the procedure so that the patient does not have to visit a clinic to get them removed.
Results and benefits
The hymen, referred to as the virgin’s veil, breaks during sexual intercourse. It can also break or lacerate because of other factors like physical exercise, sports injuries, diseases, tampon use, or masturbation.
- The most common benefits or the reasons why women undergo a hymenorrhaphy are as follows:
- For serving as a sign of virginity before an intended marriage, which is needed in several cultures.
- For help with healing in women who have suffered sexual assault of some form. The procedure provides emotional and psychological relief to the affected woman.
- For repairing a hymen that is torn because of some kind of injury.
- Women considering undergoing a hymenorrhaphy for restoring their virginity should keep in mind the recovery period that follows the procedure. It is advised to women to undergo the procedure within a period of three months before getting married.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!