Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Aaina MarkanYour feedback matters!
Hello sir I have child of 8 month old (7.5 kg) she don't eat properly. She want smthing new evry day please can you suggest me food chart for my baby?
Hi My 17 days Baby boy crying continues since yesterday. Yesterday he had cough and cold but today he is good. I am unable to understand he's crying reason he only wants breastfeeding. please help me understand.
Hi my son is 4 years old from last few days he is excessively crying, I think that he has problem with his digestive system whenever he takes milk he started crying after sometime please help me he is also diagnosed with canavan diseases.
Is there any side effect of masturbation on 16 years old boy? I try masturbation in 1 weak 1 time. Is there any effect on my hair?
Hello, my daughter is 3 years old. She has cold, cough and bronchitis. Whenever she get cold and cough that can't cure easily. We give such medicine that will b cure for 3 to 5 days and again that continue for 2 to 3 months. So please advice proper medication to cure .
Calcium Supplements like Shelcal ( for elderly) and Calci max suspension(for children) contain Calcium carbonate as one of the main components.People say that one should avoid these supplements as the Calcium carbonate present in these can cause stones after a period of time. If this is true, kindly advise alternate calcium supplements for elderly as well as children which are totally safe.
From terrorism to natural disasters, there are a number of traumatic events that constantly hurl themselves at us. Given the amount of stress it causes an adult, imagine how a child can process this information. Often traumatic events that occur in childhood can trigger phobias and anxiety disorders that last a lifetime if not dealt correctly.
Each child responds to trauma in a different way depending on the circumstances and their age and personality. What is common is that all children turn towards their parents and teachers for support in these situations. Hence, it is important to understand how to help your child deal with traumatic events.
Here are a few steps you should follow:
- Provide comfort: The first thing to do in a traumatic event is to reassure and comfort the child. Reinforce your child's sense of security by following a normal schedule and maintaining regular eating and sleeping habits. Encourage your child to talk and ask questions and discuss the situation with them in a way appropriate to your child's age and concerns.
- Accept their needs: Children show the need for reassurance in different ways. For some, it may be the need for extra physical contact in the form of hugs while for others it may be ensuring that their favourite teddy bear is with them constantly. Be patient with children and indulge their needs in such situations.
- Limit the amount of information available: Media often magnifies a traumatic event making it all the more difficult for a child to apprehend. Children can often be mislead or frustrated by media coverage of a traumatic event. Thus, it is a good idea to limit the use of television, radios and internet. As far as possible do not let your child watch the news alone.
- Stay in touch: If your child goes to school, his or her teacher is the parent figure at school. Stay connected with your child's teachers and the other adults in their life to monitor changes in behavioral patterns.
- Create distractions: If left alone with nothing to do, a child's mind will dwell on the trauma. Encourage them to find a hobby to cope with the negative emotions. Music and art are two good outlets for stress. You could also play board games, read or play outdoors to distract them.
- Get professional help: Sometimes you may need help to deal with a traumatic event in your child's life. If your child shows signs of behavioral changes, academic problems, emotional outbursts, anxiety, depression, insomnia or social withdrawal; you should consult a professional counselor.