Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. A.V. Gurava Reddy
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. A.V. Gurava ReddyYour feedback matters!
Treatment is nice
I am a polio patient have rt leg polio. At present i have pain and primary arthritic changes in left knee and ankle joint after exertion , which is also slightly affected due to polio. What should i do as a preventive measure ?
I have a fractured elbow and through research I found out that it's called Epicondlyar Fracture. What are the treatments available for this kind of fracture and could it be healed without surgery?
I have feeling pain in my neck and back side from last 2 days what can be the problem. Please tell me.
I am 55 years male. Tried Bicycle for 2 months, 8 km in 25 minutes every day morning. 3 weeks back we played few outdoor games, involving jumping, running, dancing etc. Since then I am having pain in left knee, may b coincidence. Now I intend to continue Bicycle on daily basis, shall I or undergo some medical check up before?
I am a adult. I usually have pain in my shoulder. I tried many antibiotics but no relief yet. Tell ke how to get rid from this pain.
I have knee pain past 2 months what should I do for it runner knee pain I'm a basketball player when I'm landing I get knee pain.
I had pain in my knees for last 3 yrs, I ignored it now my ankle has started paining. I had blood test my ESR level is 10 mm and R.A.FACTOR is negative what should I do to get relief from pain.
Arthritis is a disease in which the joints in your body swell. Inflammation or swelling can be caused due to body's natural response to injury or disease. It can cause discomfort in the form of pain, stiffness as well as difficulty in movement. Major types of arthritis are osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis and gout.
Causes of arthritis
Arthritis is generally caused by a combination of factors. It can happen due to genetic factors in case the disease runs in the family. Sometimes it can be caused due to injuries of the past; it can also be a by-product of your lifestyle. Some of the common causes of arthritis are:
1. Genetic makeup in which arthritis can be a hereditary trait
2. Physically taxing work life or injuries caused in an accident
3. Imbalance in the immunity system
4. Infections in the joint.
Risk Factors associated with arthritis
1. Family history - You can be prone to develop arthritis if it runs in the family. It can occur due to its hereditary trait hence making you more vulnerable to the environmental factors which contribute to developing arthritis.
2. Age - The risk of arthritis can increase with age. Types like osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and gout are more common in the old age.
3. Gender - Your sex is an important factor as women are more likely to develop rheumatoid arthritis while men are prone to suffer from gout.
4. Joint injury - Joint injury caused due to accidents or due to sports activities can trigger arthritis. People with previous joint injuries can develop arthritis in that joint.
5. Obesity - Excess weight can put a lot of pressure on the joints, on the knees and hips in particular. Hence, obese people have more chances of developing arthritis than fitter people. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a rheumatologist and ask a free question.