Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. A. Sukrutha ReddyYour feedback matters!
1 'don't eat greasy food and chocolate, because you'll break out.'
This is probably the biggest misconception about acne. Junk food won't cause you to breakout. However, if you want to cut back on these foods for other health reasons, go for it!
2. 'you should scrub your face hard because dirty skin causes acne.'
We all should practice good hygiene. Who wants to walk around with a dirty Face? you should wash your face at least twice a day. Washing your face a lot and
Scrubbing it too hard won't clear up your acne; instead, it could aggravate the skin and Make it worse.
3. 'you have to let acne run its course.'
No way! acne is a treatable condition. No need to wait for acne to clear up on its own.
The longer you wait, the more likely your chances are of permanent scarring.
4. 'make-up won't make your zits worse.'
Wrong. Makeup contains oil that can worsen the acne. If you choose to
Wear makeup, choose products labelled noncomedogenic and oil-free.
5.'suntanning reduces acne.'
While a suntan can temporarily dry up some of the oil, the drying factor could actually
Encourage the skin to produce more oil, thus, causing more acne. Besides, over-exposure
To the sun will cause wrinkles, age spots, blotchy spots and sagging skin sooner than
6 'cleanse your blood for an acne free face'
Acne is caused due to excessive sebum i. E oil secretion. It's not the blood but the oil glands which when gets blocked and infected that a pimple pops out. So there is no need to consume blood purifiers.
7 'acne scars are not treatable'
Fractional lasers, platelet rich plasma, derma rollers and other surgical options available nowadays can reduce scarring considerably if done by an experienced professional.
8 'acne occurs only on face'
Acne can occur anywhere above the waistline- scalp, back, chest, shoulders, inside ears -; all can get acne apart from the face.
It's never too late to visit a dermatologist to cure your acne and acne scarring. Don't let others decide the fate of your face.
I had a head massage today in a parlour near by with almond oil. She warmed oil and applied. Since then I'm having a very bad hair fall I don't understand why? I used the same almond oil previously but never had such bad hair fall as I had today after head massage. Please suggest.
I am 21 years old. I have black spots and pimples on my back. I tried using some gels suggested by my dermatologist but it didn't work. What should I do?
Lybrate | Dr. Y Kalyan Chakravarthi speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
I am suffering from pimples and acne I have tried all remedies but it remains same is there anything to cure them.
I have White spots on my lips and hips l m not getting an solution. L have tried al allopathic, Ayurvedic and also home pathic.
I am 23 year old male. I have dark complexion. I have tried many creams. How can I lighten my complexion? Please advise.
I have a dry lips and skin peels off from it. And blood comes from the center of the lower lip. What is the reason.
I am 25 year old male. I'm suffering from a lot of problems. My right half of my entire body, symmetrically, is really week. I feel pain all over the right side, muscle spasms and even the facial muscles are malfunctioning. I consulted with a neurologist, but she said that everything is fine. My right eye vision is also blurred. Also I have a very tight chest and black particulate matter appear in my sputum, not wholly, but is is scattered. I was a smoker since past 7 years, but recently I quit smoking. I also feel a weaker penile strength, during erection. And it lasts for a shorter period. When I consulted about this to an Ayurveda specialist, he said that I'm having short blood flow to my body parts, specially to the right half. I don't know what to do with this. I'm upset. Please help.
My skin was becoming black and little bit pimples are coming so I want know what are the medicine to get skin fair sir my skin is oliy.
Measles refer to an infection caused by a virus of the same. It mainly affects the respiratory system and its onset is accompanied by high fever, runny nose, frequent coughing and itchy rashes all over the face. It is extremely contagious and spreads through saliva or even mucus. This infection has several symptoms. Some of them are-
- Persistent coughing: Affecting the respiratory system, the onset of measles can be identified by persistent and a nagging cough, one that refuses to recuperate.
- Fever: As discussed above, if you are infected by the measles virus, chances are very high that you will suffer from extremely high fever. It is often accompanied by chills.
- Sore throat: The throat forms an important part of the respiratory system and if it is infected, its repercussions can be felt in the throat. You will have extreme difficulty in eating or swallowing food when suffering from measles.
- Small white spots develop inside the mouth: Sometimes you may notice outbreak of small white spots in the interior of your mouth. In case you do, do not take it lightly. This is an important symptom of measles and you must consult a doctor immediately.
Notwithstanding the contagious nature of the infection, there are various treatments available in order to treat this infection. Some of them are-
- Acetaminophen: This is used to relieve one of fever as well as pain in the muscles.
- Take rest: Suffering from measles is an extremely uncomfortable situation and taking rest always helps. Your immune system, being infected by a virus is rattled and needs sufficient rest to recuperate.
- Drink lots of water: Nothing can be an alternative to water. Therefore when suffering from measles, drink as much water as you can. Try to drink at least six to seven glasses of water, a day in order to purge your system.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!