Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. A SreedharYour feedback matters!
Is chest and back pain after hitting a gym normal? I love to build body. But now days I feel strained after everyday gym exercises. Are there any drugs that can relieve from such muscle pains?
I am having a severe back pain now a days. Beside of which iam not even able to sit in the classroom properly. I am skeptical whether it's some serious problem or what? Please help me.
My mother's under foot pulse in last small finger very much pain. Many time checked to doctor but he said this bone problem. Many medicines taken but not improvement even, due to medicines taken my mom's start gastric problem. Please confirm me if you have any solution. Waiting for your response. Thanks & regards.
From last 3month having acute back pain doctor suggested for a ap, lat xray image of d-l spine and found L3-L4 erosion and checked serum PSA-151, acid phosphatase 260 creatinine-9.97, normal BP, sugar level normal, usg abdomen mentions that prostatomegaly and biopsy result is adenocarcinoma of prostrate with PNI and gleason score of 7 (3+4, suggested for orchiectomy but with the help of nuclear medicine they diagnosed that multiple myeloma. Rightnow I am having chest infection, cough, fever, body pain, shall I confirm it as a c/o multiple myeloma? What are the proper diagnostic to confirm it? If it is multiple myeloma what will be the better treatment for it?
Why I always feel lower back back pain during morning wake up? And also when I do work in bend position. Kindly suggest some to get rid of this.
The knee is one of the largest and most important joints of our body. It is also susceptible to wear and tear as well as injuries. Knee pain can occur due to a variety of reasons starting from conditions like arthritis and osteoporosis as well as injuries that can affect the ligaments, the joint, the menisci and femur. These are the various parts of the knees, which can suffer from degeneration or even injuries. The best way to combat chronic knee pain is through rest, ice compress and with the help of pain relieving and anti-inflammatory medication.
While rest and ice compress for chronic knee pain and pain relieving and anti-inflammatory medication are the best ways to combat knee pain, orthopaedics also recommend the use of various strengthening exercises which can alleviate knee pain. Here are a few of the best ones!
- The Towel Hook: Lie down flat on your back and raise one leg, Hook a towel under the foot and press it against the towel as you pull both ends downwards, creating slight pressure. This can be done for a few seconds at a time. Remember to do this at least ten times for each foot and increase gradually. This exercise helps in strengthening your entire leg from the calf to the knee and even the thighs so that the pain subsides.
- Towel Roll: In towel roll exercise, after pushing knee, should do dorsiflexion and hold for 20 seconds.. Hamstring exercises are also given by placing roll towel under your feet, push down, dorsiflexion and hold for 20 seconds Adductor exercises are also given by placing small ball between your legs just above the knee joint, press and hold for 20seconds.
- Swing: For this exercise, you will need to sit down on a chair. Now take one leg and swing it up until it is in line with your hip. Hold it out like this before you slowly bring it down again. Do this at least twenty to thirty times for each leg and gradually increase the frequency and the number of seconds for which you hold the knee. This will also help in pain management.
- Knee Marches: You can also do knee marches by sitting down on a chair. You will need to march each knee up and down at least twenty to thirty times. You will need to do this for a few minutes every day and you can easily do it twice a day even when you are at work, sitting in front of a desk. You must ensure that your posture is straight and upright for this exercise. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.
Right hand pain from shoulder. Feeling like lost 25% action of this fingers. Example. Can not hold things for certain time. Can not smash potato or tomato.
It pains behind my right ear starting from my neck through shoulder till arm. I am 43 years old and have just started swimming classes. Is this the symptoms of cervical or muscle pull or something else? Please suggest some remedy.
I am 26 years old men and I have problem with my back pain. I used different oil but not satisfied what can I do?
Hi I am 34 years old from last 1 month I have left back pain and from last 2 days there is pain like ant bite in ear lobe.Please tell.
Shin splints' is a condition, which is characterized by pain in the shin bone, the bone that is present in front of the leg. Shin splints tend to occur quite frequently in runners and dancers as their activities tend to stress the shin bone.
Causes: When excess force is applied to the shinbone, it may result in swelling of the muscles, causing pain and inflammation. It may also occur from stress reactions to fractures in the bone. Cracks tend to develop due to constant application of force in the bones. If the area is not well rested then these cracks will not heal and ultimately lead to a complete fracture.
Some other causes of shin splints are:
- Muscle imbalance in the glutes or the thighs
- Anatomical deformity such as flat foot
- Not using proper form during training
- Lack of flexibility
- If you wear improper shoes during workouts, then it may lead to shin problems
- Running downhill may lead to excessive stress on the shin leading to shin splints
The symptoms of shin splints are:
- You may experience swelling in the lower leg
- A dull pain in the front portion of the leg
- Tenderness around the shin area
- Numbness around the shin area
- Inflammation in the shin area
- You may experience severe pain while walking
Treatment: The basic treatment for shin splints is the RICE (rest, ice, compression and elevation) protocol. It means allowing the leg to rest, applying ice packs and wearing compression bandages. It is recommended to take rest and not exert the leg beyond a certain point to limit the damage. The complications that may result from shin splints are compartment syndrome, where there is buildup of pressure in the muscle. In some cases, where the muscle tears off from the bone, a surgery may be required to treat this condition.