Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. A. Shivaraj
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. A. ShivarajYour feedback matters!
The doctor told me that I have familial MONOMELIC AMYOTROPHY but none of my family member has this. Only my elder brother has same problem but not so severe. My hands have wasted and nerves can be seen. I am unable to lift anything for a long time with my left hand. One doctor advised me to take FOLVITE tablets but still there is no improvement. Can any doctor please suggest me some medicines so that I can regain my strength in my hands?
I am having scabies and I have been doing permethrin treatment. How long it will take me to completely get rid of scabies. How can I remove scabies from my scalp. Can permethrin cream could be applied every 2 days.
Hello I need to clear few things My brother is 21 years old, he rarely have some pain near his lower stomach. It's paining slightly if he touches and pushes his stomach in. He often farts and is it due to gastric problem if so please recommend the diet and also some medicine.
Able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
Is it harmful to drink to milk right after eating spicy foods or vegetables? If it is harmful. Then what should we do?
My friend has external hemeroid problem from 9 r 10 years. But it is not vry painful and she also has constipation issue. She was so embaraced to tell any one even. Now she is getting married and vry dipressed about that. What should she do?
There is an increasing number of people with the issue of reduced sexual drive, and being a private matter, are not able to come out in the open to discuss it. However, this is an issue that can only be solved by a frank discussion, and when that is done, it might seem like there was no problem in the first place.
Listed below are some things that can lead to a sexual drive. It is to be note that women and men have different reasons leading to reduced libido.
- Reduced hormone levels: The most prominent cause is reduced levels of testosterone and estrogen, which are hormones required for development of sexual characteristics in males and females respectively. The levels can reduce depending on various reasons - from hypogonadism to loss of ovaries to psychological stress to medications to drinking and smoking. The first step in managing this would be to establish the fact that there are reduced hormone levels and pin the cause for it. Most people respond almost immediately to replacement therapy. Additionally, in some cases, the cause for reduced hormones can be addressed when identified.
- Physiological problems: Especially in women, if there is painful intercourse, then the drive is naturally reduced. The reason for the pain could be spasms or infection and need to be identified and treated. Psychological constraints are another major reason that most females have painful intercourse. Counseling along with therapy if required can help these patients.
- Medications: From anti-depressants to anti-hypertensives, though they are meant to cure some medical condition, they lead to some other condition. Drugs like selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), tricyclic antidepressants (TCA), and beta-adrenergic blockers are famous for their ability to reduce libido.
- Lifestyle habits: From smoking to drinking alcohol to junk food to lack of exercise, the effect on libido is very strong. Smoking decreases blood flow in general, leading to reduced desire.
- Chronic diseases: Whether it is depression or diabetes, hypertension or Respiratory diseases, they all have an indirect effect on the sex drive of a person. Additionally, the constant stress of having to monitor health has effect on the overall health and definitely the sex drive. In some cases, this could lead to drinking and smoking and use of medications - all of which again can affect the sex drive. It goes into a vicious cycle and the patient needs to accept some facts and manage to work around the others.
It is indeed very stressful when a person founds out that he is not able to have a good sexual drive. However, it is not impossible to manage with a little help and support, both from the partner and the doctor.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!