Lybrate.com has top trusted Nephrologists from across India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. A S Murthy
Submit a review for Dr. A S MurthyYour feedback matters!
Sir My daughter is 15 years old, she has problems is every day during sleeping she makes urine in bed. Please refer me some good medicine.
I am 18 years old and I have a stone in my kidney. Sometimes it hurts alot. I want to get rid of it. What should I do?
The presence of blood in urine is known as Hematuria. It is categorized under 2 types:
- Macroscopic haematuria, which means the patient has seen blood.
- Microscopic dipstick haematuria, which means blood is identified by urine microscopy or by dipstick testing either in association with other urological symptoms (symptomatic microscopic haematuria) or during a routine medical examination. It has been variably defined as 3 or more , 5 or more or 10 or more Red Blood Cells (RBCs) per high - power field.
Urological and other Causes of Haematuria
- Cancer: Bladder, Kidney and Prostate Cancer
- Stones: Kidney, Ureteric
- Bladder Infections: Bacterial tuberculosis, infective urethritis Inflammation
- Interstitial Cystitis Trauma : Kidney, bladder, urethra, pelvic fracture causing urethral rupture
- Renal cystic disease: (e.g. medullary sponge kidney)
- Other urological causes: Benign prostatic hyperplasia, vascular malformations
- Other medical causes of haematuria: anticoagulation therapy (e.g. asprin, antiplatelet therapy) Nephrological Causes: more likely in children and young adults, proteinuria; red blood cell casts.
- Urological investigations: Urine culture, urine cytology, cystoscopy, renal ultrasonography and intravenous Urography and CT Urography.
Management of haematuria depends on the cause as determined by the urologist. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!