Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. A.s.kumarYour feedback matters!
Thank you so much sir for reply. And on more problem I lost my skin fairness. Please sir help me from this problem.
I was suffering from hair loss for past seven years‚using lot of oils but not control the hair loss so please give the tips to prevent the hair loss.
Hi I'm male I just want my face to look beautiful, clear and glowing and I want to look fair and handsome too please help me out with some tips or remedies any suggestions that it's works for me and I have a beautiful and glowing fair skin and I look handsome and even for my dark hands and legs to make them look fair and beautiful please help me out I want people to notice my look at me please help me out.
Hi im jignesh and I'm 22 years old I have so manny pimple on face and I try all cosmetic products and also try all type of cream but no any effect so please you guyd me what should I use you remove my pimples please help me.
Wounds and bruises are both injuries. However, they differ widely in terms of the causing factors, the nature of the injury, the pain they cause and the kind of treatment they require.
The following are a few of the myriad ways in which the two injuries differ from each other:
- A wound causes quick damage - the skin tissue is cut or punctured while a bruise (also called a closed wound) is where the skin is not torn.
- A wound is usually caused by a sharp object but bruises are the results of blunt force or trauma.
- A wound almost certainly bleeds due to ruptured tissue and blood vessels. Blunt injury also damages the blood capillaries of the skin and causes blood to accumulate under the skin tissue, creating a dark patch of skin. Blood vessels can also break due to lifting of heavy objects or overexertion of muscles.
- A wound carries the risk of infection because the skin is open but a bruise does not get infected.
- A wound has a burning or stinging sensation but a bruise is characterized by swelling and a blunt throbbing pain.
- A wound can be healed by antiseptic and antibiotic medication. Large wounds need to be closed by stitching them up to avoid severe infection. On the other hand, a bruise usually heals by itself. A cold compress and pain killers may be used to ease discomfort. Heat can be applied to the injured spot to normalize the blood flow and dissolve the blood clot.
- A wound can lead to complications like bacterial infections or the healing might be delayed by chronic diseases like diabetes. In case of a bruise, it usually does not cause complications but if there's a blunt injury to sensitive areas like the head, the tailbone or the eyes, medical attention is advised.
- Wounds and bruises can also be differentiated on the basis of their subtypes.
The different types of wounds are:
- Incision (sharp objects cutting the dermis layer of skin)
- Abrasion (the epithelial tissue is scraped off)
- Avulsion (a body structure is torn off)
- Penetration (a sharp object causes an entry and an exit wound)
- Puncture (only an entry wound caused by a sharp object)
The different types of bruises are:
- Hematoma (blood pools under the skin)
- Purpura (tiny spots of blood on the inside of the mouth)
- Contusion (similar to hematoma and caused by external trauma)
- Crush injury (caused due to a large amount of force on the body part for a long time)
Related Tip: "4 Surgical Alternatives For Burns And Wounds"