Lybrate.com has top trusted Audiologists from across India. You will find Audiologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. A.NagarajuYour feedback matters!
SSHL is not like any other normal hear-loss trouble. Rather it is quite a severe condition. Sudden deafness can occur at any time due to several reasons. This trouble does not affect both the ears rather only one specific ear is usually affected, and thus this is one of the prominent signs that can help the doctors to understand that SSHL has occurred.
What are the leading causes of this hearing loss?
- Head injury: If you have faced any severe kind of head injury ever, then it might bring SSHL. This is why you are suggested to get necessary treatment on time so that this kind of hearing loss can be avoided.
- Loud-noise exposure: If your ears are exposed to louder noises or sounds in a consistent manner, then there is a greater possibility of the occurrence of this hearing loss. Thus, you should stay away from unwanted noises.
- Ageing: With the increase in age, hearing power slowly decreases. However, if you take proper precautions from the very beginning, then SSHL can be definitely avoided.
- Blood-circulation troubles: Interrupted blood-circulation creates different physical troubles out of which hearing loos is one of the most prominent one. And if timely treatment is not provided, then it might get converted into SSHL.
- Ototoxic medication: This kind of medication should not be continued for long without doctor's prescription otherwise SSHL might occur.
- Lyme disease: This is a kind of disease, which occurs due to tick bites and this is pretty infectious in nature. Apart from that, this disease is now considered as one of the main sources of SSHL.
How to evaluate this hearing loss?
- History analysis: The history of the patient needs to be known first otherwise SSHL cannot be perfectly treated. If the history shows that the patient already has an existing trouble of ear loss for which SSHL has been proven, then in accordance with the same the treatment can be prescribed.
- Laboratory and imaging: Laboratory analysis is one of the main methods for evaluating SSHL and necessary images of the ears boost the potentiality and importance of this kind of analysis to a great extent.
- Quick evaluation: This kind of medical evaluation is mainly made on the basis of the symptoms. The doctors often follow the signs thoroughly in order to determine as to whether the patients have SSHL or not. This evaluation is highly supported by different medical tests that are prescribed by the doctor.
Sir, I have hearing problem especially in meetings I could not hear properly. Met audiologist in bangalore they suggested for hearing aids. please advise me.
I am losing hear quickly and have tired all shampoos but no effect yet. I am not sure but else can I do can you please help me with this..
I am male, 64 year old retired, suffering from sensory neural hearing loss from age 27 following meniere (vertigo, vomitting and sudden hearing loss that fluctuated. Vertigo stopped 25 years ago. And presently only fullness or fluid pressure in inner ear (endolymphatic hydrops) with some tinnitus stays but no vertigo, no balancing problem at all. Starvation aggravates problem and hot spicy daal or soups improve hearing slightly. No scope in western medical field. Except hearing aids which I already got (starkey digital s11) any other alternative treatment is welcome please advise if my hearing can be improved by any alternative treatment other than hearing aids. Thanks.
My son has some symptoms of adhd what kind of activities can you suggest to change his behavior he s hyperactive how can reduce his hyperactivity. He s 2 years 11 months. He doesn't speaks but speak few words. He has no hearing problem. Suggest me some tips to make him. Thanks in advance.
Hii I am suffering from hearing loss on my right year since 3 years then I experienced ringing sound on my right ear so is there any treatment for hearing loss please suggest me.
I have 60% hearing loss, due to Auditory Nerve weakness, please let me know if it can be cured or if the rate of weakness could be slow down. I am taking Ginkgo biloba tablets, and my ENT Doc said this hearing loss can not be cured, Never.
Hi I am 25 year female. Got a slap in an argument from elder brother. It started ringing and I could feel air gushing. Went to an ent specialist. He said I have 30-40% the size of perforated eardrum in my left ear. No pain as such but I avoid coughing, sneezing or even speaking loudly. No history of ear discharge or infection or even now. But he has still given me Mix Biotin to be given thrice a day for a week. 1. Is it safe to use? 2. How long will it take to heal? Or will it require surgery?(i am scared of being cut behind my ears for the eardrum) 3. Will I have a weak eardrum forever? Because I catch cold frequently and sneeze badly. 4. How to make it heal faster? Precautions.
When I read something like newspaper, books and listen that has been taught in class, I can not retrieve thirty percent of that I read or listen in the class. At the time of travelling in the bus and train. I see many thing around but I can not recall them after the time.
Hello I'm a male 25 yrs old, and I am suffering from cold very badly, I had running nose and dry cough and my ears are blocked from 12 days due to sinus, even thought I went to ENT specialist and took medicines my cold and cough has been reduced but my ears still blocked and I unable to hear properly. Doctor prescribed medicines for me 1. ZOCEF-CV 500 2. PAN-D 3. OMNACORTIL-20 4. SINAREST. Please suggest me whether it is a right combination, i'm very much worried still as I cannot hear properly even after 15days.
I have hearing problem for the last few years. I hear at 50 to 60 dbs. I try to use hearing aids, but it helps just 20 or 30 %. Is there any permanent solution to cure this problem?
Your hearing is one of the most important function your body carries out and sometimes you realize that you are losing your sense of hearing, when it is too late to get it back. There are two main reasons for this. One of the reason is age and the other is when the inner ear's hair cells break down and do not pick up sound well.
Here are 7 ways to safeguard your hearing:
- Try to avoid loud places: It is not advisable to go to places where you have to shout to be heard, such as in a street, a concert or a construction site.
- Buy low noise rating equipment: The equipments in your house will make sound that you hear the most. Try to avoid these equipments by buying appliances with a low noise rating.
- Wear hearing protection at loud places: However, it is true that it is not always possible to avoid loud noises. This is when you need to get hearing protection. Earplugs and earmuffs are two of the best ways to make sure that even when you are in a loud place, your hearing does not get affected. Earplugs and earmuffs generally reduce sound by 15 to 30 decibels, which may be crucial to make sure that later in your life, you do not lose your hearing.
- Avoid smoke: Smoking raises your chance of hearing loss. Second hand smoke does the same thing. Therefore, try to avoid, both smoking and secondhand smoking.
- Remove earwax properly: Earwax cannot be removed properly using a cotton swab. Instead, you should use an irrigation kit. Remember this as otherwise; the earwax could muffle your hearing.
- Avoid medications which reduce hearing: Certain medications increase hearing loss. Therefore, double check with your doctor to make sure your medicines will not make you lose your hearing.
- Get your hearing tested: Finally, get your hearing tested as identifying the problem early on can help stop worsen the situation.
I am a 37 years old male, and nowadays I am hearing a hissing sound / ringing sensation in my ears since the last few weeks. This sensation becomes more prominent at some times and less at others. I would also like to mention that my nose is blocked during each night and I have to use Otrivin spray to decongest it. Please advise.
I talk very loudly though I don't feel so. It gives people feeling as if I am shouting or fighting. I have mild hearing loss. Is it related.
My hear is all white what I do for make black and shining my hear I use also aambla oil and also eat aambla Please tell me what I do for my hear long amd also black.
As per the famous saying, when you laugh then the whole world laughs with you. It is a true thing and laughter is actually contagious as it tends to regulate a part in your brain when you hear others laughing.
Good morning,I feel that there is something wrong with my ear, with hearing aid and still the spoken word is still distorted. Is there medicine to correct my hearing problem?
He is addicted to drugs and not listening to anyone we have to tie him to not to go anywhere. Please guide us.
What Causes Meniere’s Disease?
Meniere's Disease is a disorder that basically affects the sense of balance and hearing of the patient. This condition takes place in the inner ear and it may cause problems like vertigo, where patients experience a spinning sensation and a ringing sound as well. This is a chronic disorder, which requires a number of lifestyle changes so that it can be managed and treated without becoming a debilitating problem.
Read on to know more about the symptoms and causes of the condition.
Symptoms: The various signs and symptoms of this disease include a feeling of fullness in the ear, which has been affected by the condition. Also, most patients have a spinning sensation and a ringing sound in the affected ear. Nausea and vomiting may also be caused by this condition, along with sweating and loss of balance. It is also normal to feel uncoordinated when you are suffering from this condition.
Secondary Symptoms: This condition may also cause many other complications, which are known as secondary symptoms. These include anxiety, depression and stress. This usually happens due to the problems in the ear and even the problem of vertigo. This may cause problems for people who climb heights or ladders for their work or even for other recreational causes. The constant sense of dizziness and spinning may cause a person to become anxious and undertake stress when it comes to carrying out various kinds of functions in day to day living.
Causes: There are various causes of this condition, even though many medical reports suggest that the exact cause has not really been understood so far. As any doctor will tell you, the in the inner ear there is a labyrinth which contains fluids. When there is a problem with the composition and level of these fluids, the patient may develop Meniere’s Disease. This condition specifically affects the inner part of the ear. This part is made up of passages and a cavity as well as soft membrane like structures with hair like sensors. These sensors respond to the fluid’s movement within the ear. When this fluid does not have the appropriate levels, it can lead to many complications like Meniere’s Disease, which affect the nerve impulse that these sensors catch and transmit to the brain.
Stages: This disease progresses over a set of three stages. In the very first stage, the patient will experience much dizziness and nausea, before that progresses to the second stage. In this stage, the patient will have moderate to severe vertigo. This is also known as the middle stage. Finally, this may culminate into the third or late stage, which leads to more frequent episodes of vertigo. The hearing of the patient and the ringing sound in the ears will also get worse in this stage.