Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. A. MadhuravaniYour feedback matters!
I had my last periods on 15th Oct and sex on 30th Oct. I got negative hcg test but still I feel I am pregnant. I don't want this. Can I take abortion pill. Please guide wat to do? If I m not pregnant and I ll take abortion pill then what will happen. Please help me? Which pill to take and how.
My wife has two chocolate cysts in her right ovary. Out gynec had suggested an injection- Lupride Depot 3.75 for three months to reduce the size of cysts so that ovarian wall/tissues are not damaged during surgery to avoid infertility. My wife's latest period date is 19-Aug -2016 (yesterday). Her previous period date was 01-Aug-2016 and we applied the injection on 05-Aug-2016 (i.e. Within five days of period date). Her latest period has come early this time. I asked our gynec to order the second injection of Lupride Depot 3.75 today, but she said this injection cannot be taken so early, it has to be taken on 05-Sept-2016 (i.e. Same date as last month). Now we are confused if this injections needs to be taken within five days of period date or exactly once in a month (same date every month)?
Hello Doctor I have PCOD and I am trying to conceive. I take APCOD sachets for PCOD problem for past 1 month. I have some (around 10) unwanted thick hairs in my jaws and around my nipples. Is there any cream or to reduce or thin the unwanted hair growth?
How to remove cyst naturally? Is this a reason for a irregular period? And I am gaining weight also.
Hello, My girlfriend's period got over on 5 July and we had an unprotected sex on 11 July. I am really worried what to do and what if she gets pregnant. She's just 18 and we can't tell this to our parents will kill us and she also can't go to any doctor. Please suggest me what to do next? Thanking you in advance.
Madam main ye janana chahati hu ki mera abhi 21/10/2017 को ceserian delivery हुआ था अब ठीक हू मगर जब उठते बैठते हैं तब मुझे थोड़ा pain hota hai aur kapade tuch hote hai tab thoda charcharata hai यानी छूने से या halka प्रेस करने से dard mehasus होता है तो mam ये बताइए कि ये dard मेरे kab tak khatm ho jayenge मेम और टांके भार चुके है उसपर मैं पाउडर लगा रही हू जो डॉ. ने दिया था
I have irregular periods from last 2 to 3 years, after consulting to a doctor she recommended me to have M2tone twice a day if I take dat continuously I'll have MA periods regular if I stop taking dat MA periods will b after 2 or 3 months old suggest some home remedy for MA problem. N becoz of this I have started gaining MA weight.
I have an ivf before 2 days what should I do for best results and I want to know I conceived or not.
I do not want child right now, but also do not want to use condoms, please suggest me safe period for sex.
Is mama-protinex is good for the pregnant lady (6th month. My wife's doctor suggested her to take. How much she can take? And is there is any side effect of this protein powder.
I am , 28 year old unmarried. My menstruation day become short, means 4 days become 2 days. After 2 days my menstruation stopped. What can I do for this problem.
According to contemporary medical studies, loss of sexual desire is more common in women than in men. As many as 3 in 10 women have reduced or limited sexual interest in any kind of sexual activity. While the medical term for this problem is Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD), it is generally understood as a loss of libido.
There are multiple factors that contribute to this problem including psychiatric or physical disorders, relationship issues, hormonal disorders etc. Let us look at the causes of this disorder at length:
1. Medical Disorders:
- There are conditions such as endometriosis, fibroids and thyroid disorders that may have a negative impact on the sexual drive of a woman.
- Certain medicines such as antidepressants, oral contraceptives, and medicines that lower blood pressure may also negatively impact the sexual drive in women.
2. Hormonal Disorders:
- Dryness of the vagina and pain during sexual intercourse may affect sexual drive both mentally and physically.
- After menopause, drop in the count of testosterone hormone also affects sexual drive which can result in loss of libido.
- With advancing age, the level of androgens decrease, and hence results in a lack of sexual desire.
3. Lifestyle Disorders:
- In some of the cases, lack of emotional support in a relationship plays a significant role in the loss of libido. Post baby 'coolness' may also act as a driving force for loss in libido.
- In today's era, changing lifestyle is drastically affecting our lives. Following an unhealthy lifestyle may result in increased weight that may affect self-image, and indirectly may also affect the sexual desire.
- Stress and job, family pressure and exhaustion may also influence sexual desire of a woman.
4. Psychological factors
- Increasing cases of depression, anxiety, frustration, stress is also an important cause of loss of libido in the contemporary society.
- After childbirth, new moms tend to suffer from lack of sleep, insufficient lubrication of the vagina and exhaustion, which may affect her sexual desire.
The first and foremost step towards dealing with it is to make your partner understand your problem. Then, it is important to consult a doctor to find out the underlying cause, thereafter, treatment of the cause can normalize the condition. Since there are multiple causes of the problem, there are different ways by which the loss of libido can be easily managed and treated. Some of them are discussed below:
- Treatment of Hormonal Disorders: The doctors will suitably treat problems like thyroids or recommend surgical treatment for fibroids to manage HSSD.
- Change in Medications: Since some of the medications are responsible for the lack of libido, the doctors will replace the medications to reverse this lack.
- Addressing the psychological factors: Your doctor will either arrange for suitable psychiatric sessions or ask your partner to coordinate mutually.
- Sex Therapy/Relationship Counseling or Testosterone Therapy: While sex therapy or relationship counseling brings back the interest by effectively counseling the individual, Testosterone therapy involves off-label usage of testosterone hormone since it is not recommended by FDA.
Proper treatment and consulting a medical expert can reverse this disorder efficiently. So, talk about the problem more openly to seek proper guidance and cure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.