Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurosurgeons online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. A. Laxman Rao
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. A. Laxman RaoYour feedback matters!
I usually feel pain in my neck hard to look side to side and feeling numb in the back of my head to my shoulder. Also hard to swallow and headache casually and feel numb in the foot and hand. What is it my problem? Thank you.
Hi good afternoon. This question is regarding my father's problem. He is now 48 years old he had fallen from coconut tree 0n 28/aug/2015. And he lost complete sensation from chest to foot from that time. he had one major surgery. Now he is doing some physiotherapy exercises and taking Ayurveda treatment. He is getting good result about his health. But not about sensation. Can you please suggest some tips to get sensation. If you want medical reports I will send them. Sir/madam please help us.
Hi my name is Anitha, from past few months I am suffering from headache, I am thinking that may be that is migraine, how I know that is normal headache or migraine?
Sir, I am suffering from numbness in my right side and pain in my head. I got consult by more than 5 doctors by last 7 years but there's no relieve.What should I do?
Hi, I am a 22 year old female and approx 4 years ago I was diagnosed with Vit D, 12 and hemoglobin deficiency for which I took the medicines but now I am fine. But I am a high myopic since birth. Now my power has reached -15 and I have a severe dryness problem due to overuse of contact lenses. These days I am having regular headache specially and the upper left part of the headache sometimes the pain is pulsating otherwise I also experience needles like pain sometimes. I do not have any vomiting kind of feeling. I feel sudden loss of grip and unconscious drop of things. I even feel like I lose balance while walking but i'm not sure if it could be because of side vision in such high myopia. From past a week i'm hands get numb if very fast if I keep them underneath my head in the morning while sleeping. And I even feel my bones are getting softer, I feel the weakening. And my wounds are healing very fast though my sugar is very much normal. Also I have got 3 small pimples on the left eyebrow, near left side of the nose and left side of the chin.
I have bn diagnosed with hyper anxiety and depression. Have migraine since 2009 n vertigo last year. Since past 4 months have bn experiencing mental fogginess and derealization. Please help.
Here are 10 foods you should add into your diet that can help improve your mind:
1. Leafy greens. Some ideas: kale, spinach, collard and mustard greens. These foods are high in folate and b9, which improve cognition and reduce depression.
2. Cruciferous vegetables. Broccoli, cauliflower, bok choy, brussels sprouts and kale contain folate and have cartenoids that lower homo-cysteine (an amino acid linked with cognitive impairment).
3. Beans and legumes. These foods contain more folate, iron, magensium and potassium that can help with general body function and neuron firing. They also contain choline, a b vitamin that boosts acetylcholine (a neuro transmitter critical for brain function).
4. Whole grains. Good bets include quinoa, kammut and gluten-free oats (not bread and cereal)
5. Berries and cherries. These fruits contain anthocyanin that protects the brain from further damage caused by free radicals. They also have anti-inflammatory properties and contain antioxidants and lots of vitamin c and e.
6. Pumpkin, squash, asparagus, tomatoes, carrots and beets. These vegetables, if not overcooked, contain vitamin a, folate and iron that help with cognition.
7. Omega 3s. People whose diets contain daily omega 3s have been shown to have 26% less risk of having brain lesions that cause dementia compared with those who do not. These fatty acids help the brain to stay in top shape. You can get your omega fatty acids from fish, flax seeds, olive oil (not safflower) or by taking a good quality omega 3 supplement.
8. Almonds, cashews, walnuts, hazelnuts, peanuts and pecans. All of these nuts contain omega-3s and omega-6s, vitamin e, folate, vitamin b6 and magnesium.
9. Sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds. These seeds contain zinc, choline and vitamin e.
10. Cinnamon, sage, tumeric and cumin. Theses spices can all help to break up brain plaque and reduce inflammation of the brain which can cause memory issues. In addition to eating the foods listed above, you’ll want to decrease the risk of illnesses that can make your brain age such as obesity, heart disease, diabetes and hypertension.