Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. A. Chandra SekharYour feedback matters!
I am 25 year old. I had a stoke of seizure in Jan-16 and my neurologist put me under medication of Levera XR 750 (once a day). As per him, these tablets are to be continued for 2 years. Then I tried to conceive in Aug-16 but had to abort as recommended by my gums due to absence of heart beat after 3 weeks. Now again I am planning to conceive and already taking COR-3 and Ecosprin-75. Now on recommendation by going, I am starting fertile F instead of Ecosprin-75. Is it safe to have Levera XR 750 during pregnancy. Pls. Note that my blood group is O negative and had Anti-D dose during abortion of previous pregnancy. Pls. Advice, is all these are enough to avoid any complications again?
Muscle pain is common to both men and women irrespective of their age. People usually resort to painkillers in order to receive temporary relief, but taking too much of these can affect your health adversely. Ayurveda provides effective ways to heal muscle pain.
The following few ways to treat muscle pain can be taken into notice:
1. Regular exercise- Regular exercise can help you treat muscle pain. Yoga can prove to be very helpful. You may try lotus pose, cobra pose, boat pose among many others to get relief from muscle pain.
2. Panchakarma- Panchakarma is a therapeutic treatment, which can help you heal your muscle pain. It includes five steps vamana, virechana, nasya, basti, raktamokshana, which will clean your body and mind from toxins and can also offer relief from pain.
3. Abhyanga-This process is suggested in ayurveda to offer relief from muscular pain. It involves applying oil all over your body followed by a warm bath.
5. Use of ice cubes- Applying ice cubes over the area of muscle pain can help you get some relief.
6. Foods to avoid- Avoiding food items like curd, sugar, refined cereal, rice, potato and sour food can help you to reduce muscle pain.
7. Ayurvedic Herbs- Ayurveda also offers many herbs, which can help you find relief from your muscle pain.
8. Obesity- Avoid gaining excess weight. Being overweight can increase muscle pain.
By following the aforesaid tips, you can heal your muscle pain naturally without any side effects. Or, you can also consult an Ayurveda practioner.
Urinary infection is one widespread disorder that most of the human beings face in the later stages of their lives. The infection is experienced mostly by half of the women and according to statistical data, it has been noted that about 40% of women and 12% of men get infected with urinary infection. Women who are sexually active have more possibilities to get this infection. It is an infection suffered by many people and which is more vulnerable to children and women.
The symptoms that are identified for a person with urinary infection are frequent urination and burning sensation at the time of passing urine. In certain cases, women even experience leaking of urine while sleeping. It is advised not to take this condition casually as it can lead to further complications, and medications need to be taken to reduce the discomfort caused.
Main Causes of Urinary Infection:
- The main reason for urinary infection is the bacterium that moves from the urinary duct to the urinary bladder.
- The other main reasons for urinary tract infection are due to sexual intercourse, pregnancy and diabetes.
- There are chances to get urinary infection if a person has sex with many partners.
- In most women urinary infection is caused due to hormonal imbalance after menopause.
- Women should not hold back the urge for urinating frequently, as it can weaken the bladder and makes it prone to urinary infection.
Treatment for Urinary Infection:
There are simple and helpful home remedies that can be used for the treatment of urinary infection and these include
- It is very necessary to drink a lot of water, as it would help flush the bacteria from the bladder that causes the infection. It is advisable to drink at least 80 ounces of water on a daily basis.
- It is advisable to eat foods rich in Vitamin C as they are helpful in making the urine more acidic, and it inhibits further growth of the bacterium in the urinary tract.
- It is very important that spicy foods and bladder irritants like caffeine, carbonated drinks and artificial sweeteners be cut from the diet to reduce the irritation.
- It is very important to include healthy foods in your diet, and that are high on fiber carbohydrates and helpful in digestive health of your body.
- Herbal remedies can be opted for treatment of urinary tract infection, and the leaves of bearberry are used for this purpose.
- Most importantly, it is very necessary to adopt healthier habits and quit smoking. Women should wear loose clothing and make use of personal hygiene products that are free from any fragrance.
Arthritis is defined as a disease that causes painful inflammation and stiffness in joints. There are some food items, which you should avoid if you are suffering from arthritis since they can worsen your condition and lead to inflammation and joint pain. Stick to a smart, nutritious diet that doesn't make you gain weight.
The following food items should be struck off your daily meals:
- Red Meat: Red meat has high levels of saturated fat. Patients of arthritis must avoid consuming foods containing saturated fat because they contribute to obesity. They also contain Omega-6 fatty acids, which lead to inflammation if the intake is high. Red meat contributes to higher overall fat and calorie intake.
- Sugar and Refined Flour: Sugar and refined flour may cause an upsurge in blood sugar levels. When there is a spike in your blood sugar levels, the body produces a pro-inflammatory chemical called cytokines to break down the carbohydrates. This results in inflammation, worsening your arthritis symptoms. They also increase your weight, putting more and more pressure on the joints.
- Fried Foods: Eliminating fried foods from your diet helps in reducing the levels of inflammation. Fried foods increase oxidation in the body's cells due to toxins called advanced glycation endproducts or age. They are high in fat and lead to obesity. Moreover, most restaurants use hydrogenated oils which are rich in trans fats. Trans fats are even more harmful than saturated fats when it comes to inflammation, chronic heart diseases and other health problems.
- Alcohol and tobacco: High intake of alcohol causes a surge in the body levels of CRP or C - reactive protein which is a powerful agent of inflammation. The risk of developing rheumatoid arthritis is higher among smokers.
- Processed Foods: Foods that are ready to eat and require minimal cooking contain several ingredients that cause inflammation. They are loaded with saturated fats, refined flour and sugar and are extremely unhealthy and worsen arthritic pain.
- Corn Oil: Many foods, especially baked foods, are cooked in corn oil or other oils which are rich in omega 6 fatty acids and trigger inflammation. Corn oil can be replaced with olive oil that is rich in omega 3 fatty acids which is anti-inflammatory. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Ayurvedic tips are on the idea of balance in bodily systems uses diet, herbs, ayurvedic treatment yogic breathing practices providing holistic approach to balancing the hormones simple technics allow balancing of the hormones reclaiming health.
1) if your hormones are disturbed, you need to get enough sleep. This is because limited sleep is connected to hormonal imbalance related disorders.
2) pranayam stimulates pituitary gland its secretions.
3) ayurvedic medicines not only helps to decrease the stress hormones, aids in reliving psycho- somatic dispairty & also aids the body to function more effectively.
4) every diet should include antioxidant rich fruits, vegetables, nuts seeds as these help to strengthen the endocrine system also terminate the effects of free radicals in the body.
5) consumption of organic food with plenty of water is essential is highly helpful in preventing hormonal imbalance.
6) herbs like ashwagandha, shatavari, turmeric, ginseng, Etc. Helps in balancing both male and female hormones. Shatavari most important restorative regenerative tonic herbs for women.
7) regular practice of pranayam helps to stimulate the vital hormonal secretions throughout the endocrine system, thereby balancing all vital functions, including sexual potency fertility.
Hii doctor When 2nd trimester scan should be done because for me 5 month's started i.e. 19 weeks running please reply me.
Hello Doc, I have a general question, my question is: for how long a women should not get engaged in any sexual activity if she has her first time sex and in the result her hymen has broke. I mean in how much time her sore can be healed and she can get ready for the next time sex. If I can get a explained answer it will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
We can make a green salad at home in 5 minutes, armed with a bag of pre-washed salad greens, a few carrots or other veggies, and a bottle of light salad dressing.
Not only that, but salads are cool, crunchy, and fun to eat (lots of textures, colors, and flavors).They are full of fiber, Minerals, Vitamins, and Antioxidants.
Hi I am 25 years old. And my height is 5'4" and my weight is 66 kgs. I was suffering from pcod and now I have loosen alot almost 12 kgs. My periods last came on 3rd Nov 2016. And today is my 15th day I used ovulation predictor kit and it results negative. And yesterday I also got the same result. Please tell what will be the most fertile day to conceive a baby. N when can I use the options next time.
My age is 32 doctor said I have pre menopause. When I wake up in the morning my full body is isolated so please advice what can I do ?
I have skipped my periods by more than a week. Although I took the pregnancy test thrice but every time its showing negative result. I am very confused. Could you please suggest.
I got perinial abscess and operated for 2 times, after that got abscess 5-6 times but puss got drained out automatically. I get pain in anal region before puss formation. How to get rectified.
I hav diagnosed with pcod from last 3 years. I get my periods when I take tablets. And I am married, me and my husband planning for a baby from last 6 months but I didn't conceive yet, even I am taking treatment for pcod. And my blood report says I hav high count of LH. My husband recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism and has less sperm count, so now please suggest me what the further step? And whether to avoid rice fully?
Sir I had intercourse in march and after that I had normal period in march and april and after that I tested my urine sample its shows negative pregnancy but in may I again had intercourse and after few days a pain occur in my lower abdomen and after ultrasound I came to know about there is cysts in my lower abdomen and my treatment started but this time my period is abnormal and then I again tested my urine sample its shows negative pregnancy. I just want to ask there is any chance of pregnancy and I am unmarried.Please help sir.
Sir .my last period was 25 jan. And my period still not hpn. M I pregnant? But I can not feel other symptoms. please suggest.
The diagnosis of menopause is made after periods have stopped for at least 1 year after the age of 40 due to reducing ovarian activity.The age span can vary between 45 to 55 and the median age is 52 years.Menopause occurring before the age of 40 is premature and one needs to consult a Gynaecologist.
The time span for several months to several years leading to menopause is called perimenopause.The periods during this time may become irregular and the patient may experience hot flushes, night sweats, anxiety, mood swings etc; 30-60% of women may experience emotional symptoms at this time. The major symptoms include:
- Hot Flushes and Night seats
- Vaginal dryness
- Tiredness and sleep disturbances
- Mood swings and lack of concentration
- Loss of interest in having sex
Every woman experiences menopause differently. A few will have a combination of different mild symptoms while others will have more severe symptoms.Some women choose to go through menopause without any treatment whereas others prefer to have hormonal or non-hormonal medications to help control their symptoms.
However it is important to consult a Gynaecologist as irregular periods and other symptoms may be due to other pathologies and may need investigating.
A healthy lifestyle is very important during this time to maintain good bone health and general health.Regular aerobic exercises like swimming, jogging, brisk walking and in general maintaining an active lifestyle and maintaining an optimal body mass index is very important and helps in preventing osteoporosis, heart disease etc;
- Low-intensity exercises such as yoga may help to reduce hot flushes and boost general well-being.
- Reducing intake of tea/coffee/ caffeinated drinks will help reduce hot flushes and night sweats.
- Vaginal lubricants and moisturisers help in reducing vaginal dryness during intercourse.
- Also equally important is having a diet rich in Calcium, proteins and low in fat and refined carbohydrates like sweets and junk foods.
- Soya-based foods like soya beans, chickpeas, peas are rich is phytoestrogens nad may help in reducing perimenopausal/ menopausal symptoms.
- Getting an annual health check up done helps in identifying risks earlier and taking appropriate actions earlier on.
- Women should have regular PAP smears, BP check, Mammograms, Lipid profile done and other tests if clinically indicated.
Finally, it is best to consult a Gynaecologist if a woman is having any perimenopausal or menopausal symptoms so that appropriate treatment can be instituted.