Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. A. Chandra SekharYour feedback matters!
Hi. I am 19 years old girl .and I have menstrual problem since few months.in previous months my menstrual cycle come 2-3 times in a month after that I go went to Dr. And she give me medicine after that means just previous month my menstrual come after 3 day or my period day on these months I got having sex withmy partner now in this current month I am delay about 10 days from my period date. I also got pregnancy test but it's is also negative. I am very worried about this. Pls tell me any medicine or way toh tell medicine that's help me for my periods and my menstrual cycle immediately pls plss it's my humble request. I am very stressed. Pls help me and tell the medicine name. D.
Hi I am 24 year old. I had sex with my bf. And he ejected on me. I took ec pills. I had heavy flow. And now I am not having my periods. Is there a chance of pragnency after heavy flow? or my periods date is changed due to ec pills?
Continuous Vomiting sensation due to trimester pregnancy. Unable to eat but feeling hungry.Please tell sir .
Hello, I'm 20 years old, and I don't feel like eating my food properly and my in laws are forcing us for a baby, and my menstrual cycle will get delayed by 5-7 days from my previous cycle, will it be a problem for me present or in future? And it has become 1 year since we have got married, and till date we didn't try for a baby, of course we had a good sex life but we were under protection. So is it right age for me and my hubby to become parents? If yes, what are the steps to be followed by me? My hubby is 28 and i'm 20 years old.
Hi, Im 23 yrs. I got intimate with my fiance on 21 may (no penetration just rubbing genitals n fingering). After 6 days I got my periods on 27 may. On 8 June I did urine pregnancy test thrice all were negative. Could I be pregnant? What are chances of missing my next periods (of june) since the timespan between the act and periods was just 6 days? Im having pain in breasts. Should I get sonography done? After how many days of sexual act can a sonography show? Please help.
Me and my boyfriend had sex while I was on my period, third day to be specific, and he came inside me. To be on the safer side I took an i-pill after 48hrs of the intercourse. Now after 4-5 days I am experiencing heavy bleeding again and I am not on my periods. I have taken i-pill earlier as well but never experienced bleeding. What could b the reason? Please help.
Let's all break the taboo against psychiatry and accept it as any other field of Medicine. Let's all join and raise awareness and spread the message "Dignity in mental health" and treat people suffering from such illness with respect.
Join hands, help break the taboo.
Let me clear some common misconceptions we have about psychiatry today:
- People suffering from mental illness are not "mentally disturbed" there are different kinds of problems and we should stop labelling them.
- Psychiatric medications are NOT addictive!
- You are "NOT WEAK" if you seek help of psychiatrist. In fact you are mentally strong and mature enough to understand you have a problem and will do what is right to solve it rather than running away from and issue
- Illness is not under patients control it is not all In their head!
- Hypertension and diabetes are all long term illnesses we take medications for that them, then why not for depression and other psychiatric illnesses?
- This is just an imbalance of neurochemicals, just treat it and lead a peaceful life.
- Psychiatric illnesses are treatable.
Hope this helps and clears some doubts lingering in our minds.
I am 25 years old, I am planning to my one kidney, if we donate one kidney we get pregnant or not in future and is there any problem. In further.
I had a kidney transplant 6 years back. Now I am 31 yrs. I am on immunosuppressives medicines. I had 2 miscarriages recently. What are the precautions I should take before next pregnancy?
I have girl friend we are participated in sex ,but I have a doubts is there any virus attacks me.Please tell.
Haemophilia is a type of disorder in which blood does not clots easily or in a normal way. Haemophilia A is one of the common types of disease which causes due to deficiency of blood clotting factor VIII. Haemophilia B is another type which is caused due to the deficiency of blood clotting factor IX. Haemophilia is a lifetime condition which has no exact cure but can be managed by treatment. Haemophilia is a hereditary disorder which is mostly seen in men but is also observed in women sometimes if they carry the gene.
Symptoms of Haemophilia
Symptoms of haemophilia can vary depending on the severity of the disease. In most of the cases, bleeding is the common symptom of haemophilia. Sometimes, haemophilia causes internal bleeding which if left untreated can cause joint pains. There are some other general symptoms seen in people suffering from haemophilia. They are listed here.
- Bleeding through the nose
- Bleeding seen in faeces or urine
- Continuous bleeding when removal of tooth, surgery and when injured
- Unprompted bleeding
- Bleeding seen in joints which lead to swelling and pain
- Bleeding seen in urinary and gastrointestinal tracts
In some cases, internal bleeding happens in the brain which may come into notice during an injury. Such type of internal bleeding can be detected by the following symptoms.
- A severe headache
- Neck pain
- Severe stiffness in the body
- Abrupt weakness
- Problems in walking
Treatment for Haemophilia
The standard treatment of haemophilia involves mainly in replacement of missing clotting factor. As haemophilia is caused due to deficiency of factor VIII, the treatment involves the injection of factor VIII concentrates into the body which can be identified depending on the severity of bleeding, the site of bleeding and the age of the patient. Depending on the seriousness of the disease, factor VIII concentrates are given to the patient before going for surgery or dental extractions. This can help in preventing the bleeding.
As haemophilia is a hereditary disease, it is advisable to concentrate on prevention rather than cure of the disease. In order to prevent the disease, it is wise to undergo a genetic counselling. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
I ate lots of cashews yesterday and realised today when I was gonna eat again that it got spoiled with lots of worms inside the cashews. I ate a lot of them and now I feel disgusting inside as I know I ate a lot of worms too. What should I do to avoid any problem.
An irregular period, medically known as oligomenorrhea , is a common problem among women. It usually refers to
infrequent periods with intervals of more than 35 days.
A normal menstrual cycle ranges from 21 to 35 days. Menstrual bleeding
generally lasts for two to seven days.
Women normally have 11 to 13 periods
in a year, but those with oligomenorrhea
may have fewer than six or seven
Ginger is highly beneficial in regulating
menstrual cycles and also relieving
menstrual pain. It promotes
menstruation and hence is good when
dealing with delayed or scanty periods.
1. Boil one-half teaspoon of freshly
ground ginger in a cup of water for five to seven minutes.
2. Add a little sugar.
3. Drink this three times a day after
4. Do this for about one month or more.
Cinnamon contains hydroxychalcone that
helps regulate insulin levels and is
suspected to have an effect on
Simply add one-half teaspoon of
cinnamon powder to a glass of milk.
Drink this daily for several weeks.
You can also drink cinnamon tea,
sprinkle cinnamon on your foods, or
chew cinnamon sticks regularly.
3. Sesame Seeds and Jaggery
Sesame seeds are useful in regulating
menstrual cycles as they help balance
your hormones. They are loaded with
lignans that help bind excess hormones.
Plus, they contain essential fatty acids
that promote optimal hormone
production. Jaggery, too, helps regulate
menstrual cycles due to its warming
1. Dry roast a handful of sesame seeds.
2. Grind them along with one teaspoon of jaggery into a fine powder.
3. Take one teaspoon of this powder daily on an empty stomach in the luteal phase, or second half of your menstrual cycle (two weeks before your period starts), for a few months. Simply eating a piece of jaggery, also known as gur, will also help regulate menstruation.
Note: Do not use this remedy during
4. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera helps treat menstrual
irregularities naturally by regulating your
1. Extract fresh aloe vera gel from an aloe leaf.
2. Mix in one teaspoon of honey.
3. Consume it daily before having your breakfast.
4. Follow this remedy for about three months.
Note: Do not use this remedy during
5. Unripe Papaya
Green, unripe papaya works as a potent
emmenagogue. It is considered useful
in regulating menstrual flow as it helps
contract muscle fibers in the uterus.
It is particularly useful for irregular
periods associated with menopause and
stress. Consume unripe papaya juice
regularly for a few months. Do not drink
it during your periods.
Being a warming herb, turmeric is also
considered helpful in regulating
menstruation and balancing hormones.
Its emmenagogue properties help
stimulate menstrual flow. Moreover, its
antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory
properties relieve menstrual pain.
Consume one-quarter A study analyzing
the effects of cinnamon extract on
menstrual cycles in women with
polycystic ovary syndrome is currently
turmeric with milk, honey or jaggery.
Take it daily for several weeks or
until you see improvement. You can also take turmeric in supplement form; consult your doctor for proper dosage.
Pain in the joints continues to bug mankind till this very day. There are different types of joint pains, which might occur all of a sudden, with no signs of receding. The most common of them all are arthritis, tennis elbow, frozen shoulder, back pain and repetitive muscular strain. These joint pains are sometimes impossible to diagnose properly by the regular modes of diagnosis. In those cases, resorting to the homeopathic mode of medication might be a good idea as it is a medication based on treating the actual cause of the disease and sustained use might result in complete remission of the pain.
Some commonly used homeopathic medications for pain in the joints are as follows:
- Rhus Tox: This is the most commonly used in homeopathic preparation for severe joint pains, the symptoms of which include severe pain after relaxation, pain triggered by slightly wet weather and pain after walking or running for a long time.
- Arnica Montana: When the symptoms are pain in every joint of the body resulting in body aches and pertaining injuries due to accidents, Arnica Montana serves as the perfect medication.
- Actea Spicata: This medicine is primarily used as a remedy for pains in the small joints of the hands. The symptoms for which the medication can be implemented are rheumatoid arthritis in the joints of the finger and swollen wrists after usage of the hand.
- Colchium: This medicine can be used in case of Rheumatoid Arthritis (inflammatory and chronic form of arthritis).
- Bryonia Alba: This medication can work wonders if the symptoms include severe pain in the knee joints while walking, severe swollen joints and osteoarthritis (affects the flexible tissues present at the bone ends).
However, it is always advisable to take medication as prescribed by your doctor, as the potency and frequency can only be decided by your doctor.