Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. A AmrithaYour feedback matters!
I had my periods regularly for 7 months after delivery but I missed it from past 3 months. I did home pregnancy test, result was negative. I'm breastfeeding my baby regularly since his birth. Is it common to miss menses this way?
The fundamental principle of homeopathy is the Law of Similars or 'like cures like'. Homeopathy looks at the general health condition of the person and then prescribes remedies that can stimulate the body to function to its optimum capacity and this can naturally eliminate diseased cells and tissues from the body. The remedies stimulate the body's natural healing procedures without introducing chemicals to kill the disease.
Let us discuss some of the benefits of homeopathy in detail:
- No side-effects: Homeopathic medicines are very safe to consume as they are formulated using natural ingredients. Homeopathic pills are known to boost our immune systems and do not hamper digestion process. They do not cause allergies and suits almost everyone including children, adults and even pregnant and senior patients. National medicine agencies assure the safety and quality of homeopathy medicines as per the requirements of european union legislation and european pharmacopoeia standards. Furthermore, homeopathy medication is completely free from chemicals and synthetic materials.
- Inexpensive and cost effective: When compared to conventional drugs, these medicines are much less expensive. Homeopathy medicines are also sustainable as they can be stored for prolonged periods and reused, if required.
- Long term gain: Studies have shown that homeopathic treatment ensures long term relief, eventually leading to complete cure. It is best known to boost our immune systems and strengthen the body's defense mechanisms alongside curing our diseases.
- Effective and permanent cure: acute or chronic: Homeopathy works like a miracle in both the cases. It treats a disease from its root and thus follows a more holistic or permanent approach to healing a person with least chances of reoccurrence of the disease. Most effective for allergic disorders and seasonal illnesses, homeopathy works wonders for bacterial or viral infections.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized homeopathy and ask a free question.
I am 18 years old girl. I have pcod. I am having irregular periods and also having thick n coarse hairs all over body and face. These hairs growth are just like male pattern growth. They are increasing very fast. Please help. What should I do to rid of this?
After 5 years from my marriage we have no children she have some pregnancy problem or menstrual problem please give me one solution.
I am 19 years old I am suffering from pcod. I have irregular periods from the age of 14. How should I cure this. I have unwanted hair all over my body. please help.
Abdominal cramps accompanied by painful thighs and calves are commonly faced by many women just before the onset of their periods. Instead of popping a painkiller, here are a few homeopathic medications that can effectively cure this problem.
Belladonna: Belladonna acts on the nervous system to treat sudden intense abdominal cramps and congested dysmenorrhea. If the blood in your periods is bright red and flows at a high rate, belladonna may be the solution to your problems. Other associated symptoms belladonna can help treat are red, flushed skin and temperature spikes.
Magnesium phosphoricum: Every woman has a different type of menstrual pain. If the pain you feel is soothed by heat packs and application of pressure but aggravated by any type of movement, you could try to treat it with magnesium phosphoricum. This is also effective for period pains that increase in the night and early menses.
Nux vomica: Nux vomica is made from the seed of a plant. This is particularly effective in cases of menstruation accompanied by diarrhea. Nux vomica also helps treat irregular and prolonged menses. It also helps deal with abdominal cramps and heartburn. Nux vomica should ideally be taken in low potency doses as it can have a number of side effects when taken regularly in high potency doses.
Mostly, menstrual pain during menses is due to hormonal irregularities and cysts of ovaries or uterus. So, in case of complaints, we need to access these also while selecting remedies. Constitutionally and symptomatically selected medicine in homeopathy will help the patients get relief.
The disruption of the normal female cycles of menstruation and ovulation after the age of 45 and the loss of her ability to conceive naturally is known as menopause. The associated symptoms of menopause are heat flushes, insomnia, weight gain, depression, nausea and fatigue.
The following homeopathic medicines and remedies can be used to treat menopause:
- Phosphorus can help with migraines, extreme sweating, numb hands, fast pulse, memory problems and dry and itchy skin. Foods high in phosphorus content are meat, fish, cheese, nuts and seeds of pumpkins, sunflowers etc.
- Excessive deposition of fat can interfere with the hormonal cycles and cause imbalances in the level of estrogen and progesterone. So, regular yoga and exercise can be helpful.
- A balanced diet which provides you with optimal nutrition can be helpful in treating menopausal symptoms. When you get enough vitamins and minerals, the physical discomfort caused by the symptoms can be reduced greatly
- Amylenum nitrosum can provide relief from profuse sweating, shortness of breath and palpitations.
- Phytoestrogen or dietary estrogen is a compound found in foods such as soybeans, oats, barley, carrots, fenugreek, rice etc. Phytoestrogen can provide natural relief from menopausal symptoms.
- Aurum metallicum is used to get the tissues and organs to function normally again and control feelings of anxiety and claustrophobia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopathic.
I had sex on sept 10 I took ipill after 2 days and my last menstrual cycle is 28th aug. after taking ipill we had sex everyday but I did not took ipill. Is there any chance to get pregnant. Because still I did not had my period.
Meri wife (age-26, weight -51) 5 months ki pregnant hai . Aur hmm daily sex karte h. Kav kav to 1 month me 35-40 times. To Isse Mujhe ya meri wife ya hmare baby ko koi problem to nai hogi. Note- during sex Mujhe ya meri wife ko koi problem nai hoti. Please tell us.
My wife usually has fixed date for her periods i. E 15th but from last two months she is getting her periods earlier from 13 to 9th of month. Please suggest.
I am 32 years old, last year in the month of june I removed my left ovary due to ovarian cyst which is dermoid. Since last 6 to my 8 month I am suffering from pain in the left side in kidney along with pain in the muscles of both legs.
How much gap I can provide from one baby to next? And also suggest me, which method is the best and how for birth control?
Am 38years married female,height is 5.4, weight is 85kgs, my question is am not getting pregnant, is my weight and age is the problem?
Hi. I am 25 year old female. I was making out with my husband and the condom broke, there was no penetration though, I took ipill and it was 5th day of my cycle still to be sure, got withdrawal bleeding after 6 days and lasted for 4 days. Now its been 31 since withdrawal days but I haven't still got my normal periods, what should I do?
I was taking Folvite MB (folic acid 5 mg), methyl cobalamin 1500 mcg and pyridoxine hydrochloride I.P 1.5 mg ) since 12-apr-2016. My LMP was on 01-05-16. I am 15 weeks pregnant. Should I continue taking folic acid or stop it.
Hello, My wife is 9 weeks pregnant . She is diabetic and suffering from PCOS as well. She was on metformin before. Now doctor has advised for insulin as metformin reaches to baby. Is this fine? Will PCOS cause problems wihout metformin?
Sir/mam I have unprotected sex with my partner on 2nd of october and taken unwanted 72 within 3 hrs and today is 8th of oct I do not have any withdrawal bleeding and I have backache. Me and my partner have done protected sex yesterday and day before yesterday as I always have my periods after doing sex but unfortunately its not working. And one more fact is that in past I have also done unprotected sex and taken unwanted 72 and after exactly 5 days I got my withdrawal bleeding but now its 7th day I have not get my periods. Please suggest me. Some solution, is it necessary to have withdrawal bleeding please help me I am very much tensed.
I am 23 year old. I had sex with my husband 2 months from now and that too without protection to reduce the chance of pregnancy I took I pill within 2 hours of intercourse. After that I got my periods on my normal date but it lasted for 8 long days. But this month my cycle was late for 15 days and now that it has come. The bleeding is like two three drops in a day.in between we had intercourse but with protection. Is this the sign of pregnancy. Or is it safe. Or what should I do .i am very tensed ryt now. I am suffering from back aches frequent headaches an there is no freshness in body plus there are cramps but they are tolerable not those intense one. I am very very scared ryt now please help me.
Polycystic Ovarian Disease results from the disorder more commonly known as PCOS or Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. A syndrome is starkly different from a disease, for the former entails a set of symptoms usually occurring in concurrence, while the latter means a particular biological condition with an identifiable reason behind it.
A syndrome solicits your concern and forethought in order to eliminate or at least control the chances of an underlying disease. Trigger to a syndrome is undetectable and hence fighting it efficiently is fairly problematic. It is rare to find adolescent girls without hormonal problems.
Hormonal imbalances are just too common to be a novel topic any further. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is faced due to imbalances in hormone secretions. It refers to the development of multiple cysts in your ovary. This condition usually affects women falling within the age group of 15 to 50. Eight among ten women, at a given point of time, are reported with PCOS. Symptoms of PCOS, when neglected, can lead to Polycystic Ovarian Disease. If you have been facing similar health issues, it is advisable to undergo a check- up and get diagnosed at the earliest possible.
Symptoms of Polycystic Ovarian Disease
- A receding hairline or increased hair fall can lead to thinning of scalp hair. Such a sign should not be taken lightly as it could be indicative of Polycystic Ovarian Disease.
- Extremely painful menstruation, irregular periods or prolonged periods with heavy bleeding might be reason enough for worrying.
- Development of acne could be another sign. Acne is common to girls attaining puberty, but an unprecedented growth should be a matter of concern.
- Patchy skin, pigmentation and discoloration of the skin are the other symptoms.
- PCOS may also result in continual depression and anxiety.
- Obesity is the most commonly noticed symptom. People suffering from Polycystic Ovarian Disease have lower metabolism and thus, reducing weight is an ordeal.
- Many women tend to grow thick facial hair or chest hair. Such a condition discourages the person to go out in public. It leads to social ostracizing which further bears severe effects on one's mental health.
- PCOS mostly affects women belonging to the childbearing age. As a result of this syndrome, females stop ovulating. Conception becomes extremely difficult as the syndrome may lead to infertility.
Polycystic Ovarian Disease can result in Type 2 diabetes or even cardiovascular problems. If not diagnosed and treated at an early stage, it might lead to ovarian cancer. There is hardly any preventive measure to counter the chances of such a syndrome, but certain alterations in your diet under the guidance of a dietician and regular exercising can improve your health.
Related Tip: "What is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome?"