Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. A Amritha
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. A AmrithaYour feedback matters!
Sir mera period khatm hone k 2 din baad sex kiya sperm kya koi chance hai pregnent hone kaa net p dikha rha hai ki period k 10 din k andar sex karne p pregnency kaa koi chance nhi hota hai.
I am 25 years old. I have regular menses. Had laparoscopy 2 month ago for endometriosis. Now every thing is ok. Had ovulation on my 14th day of cycle niw Dr. prescribed me deviry 10 mg. Does it help me to conceive?
My wife got pregnant from two months. But she is not feeling well, she does not sleeps, does not eat well, symptoms like vomiting, low blood pressure. What should I do?
While period problem suffering from one sided strongly headache every month. I had completed medical course of three month but once I stop it again facing the same problem, feeling very week, body pain n tiredness. Kindly suggest me best of the medicine on this.
pcos - patient information
Polycystic ovary syndrome (pcos) is a condition that causes irregular menstrual periods because monthly ovulation is not occurring and levels of androgens (male hormones) in women are elevated. The condition occurs in about 5 to 10 percent of women. The elevated androgen levels can sometimes cause excessive facial hair growth, acne, and/or male-pattern scalp hair thinning. Most, but not all, women with pcos are overweight or obese, and they are at higher than average risk of developing diabetes and obstructive sleep apnea. For women with pcos who want to become pregnant, fertility pills or injections are often needed to help women ovulate.
Although pcos is not completely reversible, there are a number of treatments that can reduce or minimize bothersome symptoms. Most women with pcos are able to lead a normal life without significant complications.
Common signs and symptoms-
- Irregular menstrual periods menstrual disorders can include absent periods, periods that occur infrequently or too frequently, heavy periods, or unpredictable periods.
- Infertility pcos is one of the most common causes of female infertility.
- Obesity up to 80% of women with pcos are obese.
- Excess hair growth on the face, chest, abdomen, or upper thighs this condition, called hirsutism, affects more than 70% of women with pcos.
- Severe acne or acne that occurs after adolescence and does not respond to usual treatments
- Oily skin
- Patches of thickened, velvety, darkened skin called acanthosis nigricans
- Multiple small cysts on the ovary
Are treatments available for women with pcos?
A variety of treatments are available to address the problems of pcos. Treatment is tailored to each woman according to symptoms, other health problems, and whether she wants to become pregnant.
Is there a cure?
- Medical treatments aim to manage and reduce the symptoms or consequences of having pcos.
- Medication alone has not been shown to be any better than healthy lifestyle changes (weight loss and exercise). Many women with pcos successfully manage their symptoms and long-term health risks without medical intervention.
- They do this by eating a healthy diet, exercising regularly and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (pcos) is a condition which can affect a woman's menstrual cycle, fertility, hormones and aspects of her appearance but with proper medical care she can lead a healthy lifestyle