Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment for Constipation Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Scar Revision Surgery
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Submit a review for Venkata Sai Homoeo ClinicYour feedback matters!
Haemoglobin is a protein rich in iron and is found in red blood cells. The main function of haemoglobin is to carry oxygen throughout the body. In other words, it carries oxygen from the lungs to the other parts of the body so that the cells can carry on with their basic functions. It also carries carbon dioxide back to the lungs from those cells so that this gas can be exhaled.
Haemoglobin is important for maintaining a healthy life. The normal levels of haemoglobin in human body include:
• 14-18g/dl for adult men
• 12-16g/dl for adult women
Foods that improve haemoglobin
- Consume iron-rich food products: According to National Anaemia Action Council, lack of iron is the most common cause behind low haemoglobin levels. To improve iron content in your blood, you can take asparagus, tofu, almonds, oysters, fortified breakfast cereals, liver, red meat, shrimp, spinach, dates and lentils. However, consult your doctor for the right intake, as too much consumption of iron may be harmful for your health.
- Improve your vitamin C intake: Absorption of iron is improved if vitamin C is taken in adequate quantities. Lemon, tomatoes, papaya, oranges, strawberries, bell peppers, broccoli, grapefruit, etc. are some of the fruits that are rich in vitamin C. In fact, if there is a deficiency of vitamin C in our blood, haemoglobin levels go down. You may also take vitamin supplements to improve haemoglobin in your body, but consult a doctor first.
- Focus on food items rich in folic acid: This acid is basically vitamin B complex, which is required to make red blood cells. Food products that are rich in folic acid include rice, liver, breakfast cereals, sprouts, dried beans, wheat germ, peanuts etc. A diet comprising 200-400 milligrams of foliates is enough to supplement your Vitamin B needs.
- Include beetroot as a part of your diet: Rich in iron, folic acid, fibres and potassium, beetroot helps in augmenting haemoglobin levels. Drinking beetroot juice daily increases the iron content in your red blood cells.
- Have apples: They are rich in iron and if you have an apple daily, then your haemoglobin level will improve significantly. If possible, take a green apple with its skin. Apple juice mixed with beetroot juice has a marked effect on haemoglobin levels. You can also add some ginger or lemon juice to this mixture and have the concoction twice a day.
- Eat blackstrap molasses: This food is rich in iron, vitamin, folic acid etc. and improves the haemoglobin level in your blood. Take 2 tablespoons of blackstrap molasses and apple cider vinegar each, mix them in a cup of water and drink this concoction once a day.
Sir I feel pain in left side teeth if lower jar from last some days, I also take some medicines but feels no improvement. And the teeth has also a small cavity.
The caraway seeds, leaves and roots are useful in activating the glands, besides activating the actions of the kidneys.
The seeds is considered an excellent purifier of body. The seed helps in assimilation of starchy foods.
It also helps in reduction of flatulence.
Top tips for aiding digestion
Too much food and drink? Keep these useful hints and homeopathic medicines in mind
- Drink a cup of boiled water in the morning before breakfast. This seems to cleanse the stomach and often works wonders.
- Eat slowly. One of the main causes of indigestion is unchewed food.
- Don’t eat food “piping hot”. Our stomachs are not meant to have hot foods inside them. A useful thing to remember is that if it is hot in the mouth it is hot in the stomach. This includes tea and coffee. Food and drinks that are too hot may disrupt enzymes and injure the lining of the stomach. So, always wait for it to cool.
- Don’t eat on the hoof. Meals should be taken at a leisurely pace. If you eat on the move, there is more chance that digestion will not begin. Instead foods in the stomach and intestine will start to ferment, producing gases that bloat you.
- Avoid eating fruit with the meal. Tempting though it is, because it seems lighter on the stomach than puddings, it is not good at the end of a meal. This is because fruit digests faster than dense proteins, so fermentation and gas accumulation may occur.
- If bloating is a persistent problem, try simplifying your meals. Instead of having lots of food groups at one meal try separating them. For example, proteins need acid enzyme digestive juices, whereas carbohydrates need alkaline enzyme digestive juices. When you have to break down both types all at once you are not achieving optimal enzymatic action, so some fermentation and gas accumulation may occur.
- Try taking slightly smaller servings and think twice about second helpings. As a good rule of thumb, try to get into the habit of estimating the quantity you allow yourself using “nature’s food bowl”. Cup your two hands together as if you were using them to make a bowl. The quantity of food that would fill that “bowl” should be your maximum at any meal.
- Make sure that you drink enough water. Ideally, hydrate your stomach with a glass of water half an hour before a meal.
I am having a problem with premature ejaculation, besides that my penis size is small. Please help me to get resolved this problem.
I have very sensitive skin and it constantly breaks into pimples all over what can I use to tackle this problem.
My daughter is 4 months old now. She is passing green stools twice a day. Is it normal though I am breastfeeding? What is the reason for this? Please prescribe any medicine.
What are STDs?
STDs or STIs are infections that are caused by intimate contact that involves exchange of bodily fluids. These are also called venereal diseases and can be caused by vaginal, anal or oral sex. Most of these infections do not show any symptom initially, but they develop over time. The causative organisms can include viruses, bacteria or parasites. The signs and symptoms can be in the form of unnatural vaginal discharges, or penile discharges, or warts and ulcers in the pelvic area.
It is a very serious disease as some of those are not curable, such as HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis-B. Other diseases may include gonorrhoea, syphilis, Chlamydia etc. While there surrounds a stigma around STDs and people may feel ashamed to even go forward to ask for any help, there is nothing to be ashamed of and it is the best to seek medical attention when you feel you may have contracted a STD.
But as we know, prevention is always better than cure. Here is a list of tips that might help you prevent it in the first place:
- Prevention: It is actually the cure to some diseases such as HIV and herpes
- Vaccines: It can prevent you from concurring diseases such as Hepatitis- A and Hepatitis-B. It is advised to get yourself vaccinated before sexual contact to prevent the disease.
- Anti-microbials: Anti-microbials such as Nonoxynol-9 can be used in the vagina to prevent any sort of venereal disease. However, the efficacy of the anti-microbials may vary depending on the efficiency in application and the type of micro-organism.
- Condoms: Female or male condoms can help to prevent venereal diseases tremendously. They help to prevent the interaction of body fluids by keeping a barrier between if used properly. Otherwise the uncovered will still be susceptible to infection.
Ways to use a male condom properly:
- Never reuse a condom
- Always keep a certain space on the tip of the condom for the ejaculation, as it may reduce the incidence of it bursting
- Be careful with the condom, if your nails are long
- Flavoured condoms should only be used for oral sex as the sugar in the condoms can cause yeast infections, if used in the vagina
- Do not wear the condom if it is too loose, it can come off