Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Vasavi Medical Research CenterYour feedback matters!
Hi Dr. Approx 6-7 month before during the playing cricket when I doing bowling practice then my upper back is stretched to much and have a lot of pain but after doing massages pain is gone but now I start again doing gym and playing cricket then I have pain in my upper back I am taking a Dr. Treatment but I have no relief what can I do.
Sir I am a cricketer, when I run very long or have a sprint I use to feel pain between knee and ankle. Can you suggest why this so, is this common or should I consult a doctor.
This year in the month of June I slipped over fallen water in my flat, my left leg skidded and since then I get pain near my pelvic bone, left leg inner thigh what can I do for it. Seeking your advice.
Hi doc, I have a problem with my left hand's middle finger. I feels there is bone increasing on the bottom of middle finger just over the joint point.in starting feels miner pain but its going increase day by day. Have problem since 1 month and yet not consult with any doctor. Please suggest what to do.
Hello, I am having pain radiating from right lower back till right knee including some pain and discomfort in right groin, brook an CT KUB which shows no renal stones but grade 1 antereolisthesis of L5 over S1, doc has prescribed me voveran75 mg for 5 days twice a day. I have taken one dose already even after 5 hrs of taking tablet pain hasn't reduced at all. Can someone tell me how long does it take to heal and is there a way to heal faster.
Hi, My shine bone is paining due to injury. So if I run at speed it starts paining. What will I do! 2. I was a heavy smoker but quit it 2 months ago. Due to nicotine getting weak after a short exercise. please help me.
I suffered from potts spine (reduced space between T 11 and T 12 Vertebrae) and miliary TB I had undergone for 12 months medication at dots center and wore taylors brace for a year. Still I have back pain.
I have pain in my joints and also there is swelling in my feet. I have problem walking and also can't stand for long hours. I have tried both allopathic and homeopathic medicines but no gains. I am also diagnosed with thyroid. My hb is 10.6.kindly help.
Hello, I am 46 years old and go for morning walk to a nearby park, the problem is that, I suffer some pain on the calf & Shin bone area after few steps, it is a concrete surface on which I walk. Can you tell me how to resolve this problem.
Knee replacement surgery- which is also known as knee arthroplasty, helps to relieve the pain in the knee thereby restoring the knee function. During this procedure, a surgeon cuts the damaged cartilage and bone from the kneecap, thighbone, and shinbone and replaces the same with an artificial joint comprising of high-grade plastics, alloys, and polymers. A patient/surgeon has the liberty to choose the type of knee joint he/she prefers based on factors such as weight, age, overall health etc.
Signs that might indicate a knee replacement surgery -
- The pain in the knee keeps coming back all the time.
- The knee aches after a brisk walk or during an ongoing exercise session.
- The mobility of a person has gradually decreased over time as compared to last few years.
- A supporting cane or medication isn’t delivering the desired support or pain relief.
- The knee tends to stiffen when a person sits for a long time. Example- witting through a movie or sitting in the car for too long proves to be a major hurdle.
- The pain proves to be a major problem that intervenes with sleep.
- The knee motion significantly decreases once a person tries to bend the knee.
- Climbing stairs turns out to be a major hurdle.
- Getting out of bathtubs becomes a major challenge.
- The knee becomes and stays stiff or at least half an hour after getting up from bed in the morning. If the stiffness lasts for more than 60 minutes, it is a sign of inflammatory disease.
How is a knee replacement surgery performed?
- Knee replacement surgery requires overnight stay in the hospital.
- It involves a general or spinal anesthesia.
- Once the skin over the surgical site is cleansed with an antiseptic, the doctor makes an incision and takes out the damaged surface of the knee joint.
- The knee joint is then resurfaced with a prosthesis made up of plastic and metal.
A cemented prosthesis is most commonly used during these days. The prosthesis contains 3 components:
- Tibial component
- Femoral component
- Patellar component
What are the advantages of knee replacement surgery?
- The biggest advantage of this surgery is the freedom from constant and throbbing pain.
- The fact that surgery can increase the mobility also proves to be a blessing for the general condition of the patient.
- Knee replacement also helps a patient to get rid of supporting device such as a cane, wheelchair, pain medications etc.
- The feeling of stiffness also goes away after the surgery.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!