Doctor in Vaibhavi Skin Clinic
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Vaibhavi Skin ClinicYour feedback matters!
This condition is very common and it appears as red rashes on the scalp and other regions of the body. The rashes will form flakes on the surface and it is also generally called dandruff. While the exact cause of this condition is not yet known, it is generally assumed that this happens due to weather conditions combined with a yeast infection on the scalp. In some cases, the medication you take for other diseases and stress can also increase the symptoms. It does not create too many complications and will usually subside on its own within a few weeks. In some cases, treatment is also not needed when the symptoms are not severe. However, in extreme conditions, even long-term treatment may not yield good results and patients suffer from this condition for many years.
Symptoms of Seborrheic Dermatitis
- The most common symptoms you notice is the skin flakes on the scalp region. This dandruff is a very common problem that affects many people. In rare cases, it can also be formed in the eyebrow region or the beard and moustache.
- The flakes are usually white in colour and they look oily when you peel them from the skin surface. When it affects the body, it can appear on the chest, groin area and even on the face.
- You can notice red skin in the affected area and there will be constant itching sensation in that area.
- The tendency to get this condition increases with cold weather conditions. It can also get aggravated due to stress and other medication.
- It looks very similar to other skin problems and you need to visit a dermatologist for the proper treatment.
- Even babies get affected with this condition and it usually affects the scalp region.
Causes of Seborrheic Dermatitis
- It is not clear as to what causes this condition and the most likely cause is said to be due to the yeast infection. Our skin secretes oil in a natural way and this keeps it protected from various external factors. The Malassezia fungus can affect this function and flakes can get formed on the skin surface.
- Other than that, this condition can also be triggered due to the improper response of the immune system. When it overreacts to some health condition, it can result in a sudden increase of dandruff on the scalp.
- Apart from this, even genetics plays a major role and this can increase with stress.
- Some medication can also trigger this condition when the immune system is not working at its best and this usually will be a temporary reaction.
- Certain other skin diseases like psoriasis and rosacea can also cause this condition in many people.
- People suffering from epilepsy or any other heart condition may be prone to getting this disease.
Diagnosis of Seborrheic Dermatitis
In most cases, the diagnosis is done through physical examination and there is no need for biopsy and other imaging tests. When you first approach your doctor with such symptoms, you may be referred to a dermatologist as these professionals specialize in handling such diseases. Remember that the symptoms of seborrheic dermatitis are similar to that of other skin diseases and only a professional dermatologist will be able to identify the exact disease based on careful analysis of the symptoms. When the affected area is washed clean and analyzed carefully, the nature of the flares and the way they have spread across the scalp and other regions will give a clear indication about the condition. After this step, you may have to undergo a blood test in some cases to determine the suitability of some medication to treat the condition. Finally, the treatment will begin with the external application of creams and lotions to reduce the symptoms and you may have to make suitable changes to your lifestyle to avoid the problems in the future.
Prevention of Seborrheic Dermatitis
- Lifestyle changes: You may have to make suitable lifestyle changes to avoid this condition in the future. To begin with, you need to understand that this condition can get triggered due to external factors and you can try to avoid them as much as possible. When the weather condition is too cold, you can wear a cap to protect the scalp and this will reduce the irritation to some level. In the same manner, it is also important to wash your scalp regularly and keep it clean so that it does not become too oily. Also watch for symptoms regularly and approach your doctor whenever you notice anything on your scalp.
- Washing your hair regularly: When you keep your scalp clean, you will reduce the chances of getting this condition in the future by a huge margin. Make sure that you use a good shampoo that is well known to prevent dandruff and this will reduce the symptoms in a few weeks. Make sure that you consult your dermatologist before choosing the right shampoo and this is essential when you are using them for your kids.
- Self-care: Along with medication, you should also work hard and maintain your scalp in good health. Always put oil on your scalp before you wash your hair. This ensures that the scalp will loosen up dandruff and you can easily wash it with a good shampoo. This will also moisturize the scalp appropriately and provide relief from redness and itchiness. You can use olive oil or any other mineral oil that enriches your scalp with essential nutrients.
- Apart from these remedies, you should also take care not to use styling gels or any other cosmetic products on your scalp as this can trigger the occurrence of symptoms in quick time. Many such products contain alcohol and they can irritate the scalp and this leads to increased redness in some people. You will also notice that dandruff flares up after using such products. You can also consider using Aloe Vera in the gel form on the affected area. This can give you relief from itchiness and also reduce the redness of the scalp.
Treatment for Seborrheic Dermatitis-
- In most cases, this condition will go away after a few days or few weeks on its own and there is no need for any particular treatment. However, when you find the symptoms very hard to deal with, you can use an anti-dandruff shampoo that is readily available in the market and try to control the flares. Remember that dandruff will keep coming every now and then whenever it gets triggered due to environmental conditions or stress. In this regard, you must understand that you need to treat this as a lifelong condition and provide suitable treatment whenever it is needed in the future.
- When you want to choose the best shampoo to treat this condition, you can take care to ensure that it has salicylic acid or zinc pyrithione as one of its ingredients. This is well known to prevent the symptoms and you will get relief from dandruff in quick time. In the same manner, even ketoconazole shampoo is also good for your scalp when you are suffering from this condition.
- If your baby is suffering from this condition, you should always use a mild shampoo that does not harm the scalp in any manner. You can even use some mineral oil before you apply shampoo and this can soften the thick patches of dandruff. Be gentle when you remove the scales as any irritation can increase the symptoms in future. When you are taking the baby outside, always use sunscreen on the scalp as the skin in the affected area will be very sensitive to UV rays.
- Apart from these therapies, you can also use antifungal products that are available in the market and get temporary relief from the symptoms. Some doctors also recommend corticosteroid lotions to reduce the flaring and you can use them after careful consultation with your doctor.
- Finally, you need to make suitable changes to your lifestyle to avoid such problems in the future. Remember that stress can trigger this condition anytime in future and you need to be very careful about this factor. Along with this, you should also maintain a healthy diet as this will strengthen your immune system and your body will be in better condition to fight the disease.
- In severe cases, your doctor may even suggest you take antifungal medication and this can give you good relief when other methods are not giving good results. However, this medication may come with some side effects and you need to bear them for a few days to get relief from this condition.
- You can also use ointments that will reduce the flaring and this can be a good way to reduce the redness and itchiness of the scalp. Your doctor will prescribe such medication after carefully examining your symptoms and your overall health condition.
Complications of Seborrheic Dermatitis
- In rare cases, this condition can lead to complications when the problem is not properly diagnosed. As the symptoms of this condition are not specific to seborrheic dermatitis, it can sometimes be confused with other skin diseases and wrong medication may be used to treat this condition.
- In this situation, the scalp can get irritated and even the redness can get increased due to the use of such medication. In most cases, using anti-inflammatory drugs to treat this condition can result in flaring up of the symptoms as the steroids will trigger dandruff in an aggressive manner.
- For this reason, you should always approach a professional dermatologist when you are dealing with such symptoms and they will be able to clearly distinguish between various skin diseases and provide the proper treatment.
- In extreme cases of seborrheic dermatitis, hair loss can be seen due to itchiness in the affected area. Many people tend to scratch the area repeatedly to remove dandruff and this can result in hair loss in that particular region. However, this condition is temporary and you can see regrowth of hair in that area after the symptoms have reduced to some extent.
- In case of misdiagnosis of this condition, using medication that contains steroids can also lead to thinning of the skin layer in the affected area. You need to be careful while using medication and always consult your doctor and get the proper treatment.
Myths about Seborrheic Dermatitis
Myth #1: Seborrheic dermatitis is caused due to lack of hygiene
Remember that this can be caused even when you maintain your hygiene in proper order. Even babies get affected due to this condition and it has got nothing to do with keeping your scalp clean. The exact cause of this disease is not known and it can get triggered due to various factors.
Myth #2: Seborrheic dermatitis is contagious
you need not worry about catching this condition from someone else in your family. It is not contagious and you will not get seborrheic dermatitis from another person. However, it makes sense to avoid using the same towels when someone is having this condition in your family. This will help the patients to avoid infection and other complications.
Myth #3: Diet changes can cure seborrheic dermatitis
While diet and lifestyle changes can bring in some strength to your overall immune system, it can in no way cure this condition. The fact is that there is no permanent cure for this condition and you need to take care of your scalp forever to avoid the symptoms.
You can approach your doctor whenever you are facing such problems and get proper treatment at the right time. One thing you need to understand is that the symptoms can be confusing as they often overlap with other health conditions. For this reason, you should always approach a professional dermatologist and get the right treatment after careful diagnosis. Also, try to maintain a healthy lifestyle so that you can avoid the symptoms in the future. There is no cure for this condition and you have to treat this as a lifelong condition that keeps flaring up whenever it is triggered due to external factors.
Hair is the reflection of your wellbeing. Hair, looked after well, upgrades your identity. Hair is the most vital marker of magnificence and wellbeing and henceforth it is advantageous to invest time and vitality to deal with it. Delightful hair compliments your highlights, face and skin. Your hair can make a dream of width or tallness to adjust the state of your face.
Case: A patient I have been treating has benevolently given me consent to incorporate an investigation of his case on my blog. Patient is married, 28 years old, a lot of companions and a delicate, kind persona. His hair were dim and thick, when he saw 2 yrs before he had uncovered fixes on the vertex of his head (M shaped), the GP had disclosed to him that restoratively there was nothing he could do except for gave him some topical steroid cream to utilize. He chose to think about cupping treatment and sought treatment. On examination the biggest patch was 5 x 7cm in a round molded focal bit of scalp, totally without any hair; there were littler fixes adjacent and another littler fix in favor of his head. In this sort of hair loss happens, sparseness happens in patches, frequently on the scalp. These uncovered patches show up abruptly and influence just a restricted zone. The measure of hair loss is diverse in everybody. A few people lose it just in a couple of spots. On history this patient appeared to be no passionate worry in patient life, past or present, however just previously and around the beginning of his condition.
Wet cupping on the head can likewise be compelling as it will dispose of numerous destructive poisons and pathogens that develop underneath the scalp. Cupping additionally causes you to recapture the sustenance of hair, blurred because of the utilization of synthetic substances in hair. Clearly sound eating routine and sustenance is imperative for the follicle to remain alive and keep up a solid development.
Results: This patient was discernibly increasingly exuberant and said he felt more invigorated at the second visit. As the weeks progressed the hair re-growth, more grounded and darker around the edges of the vast fix. (As seen in picture). The littler fixes all have fine dim hair developing inside them. Treatment has been decreased to month to month top-ups as of now.
Conclusion: The accomplishment of this treatment is without a doubt helped by the way that we had the ability to treat the condition early and that quiet was consistent in all way of life proposals.
In the event that you see unnatural loss of hair, thinning up top spots in patches, pieces of hair on your bed or cushion, it is important to see your specialist. You specialist will evaluate your circumstance; he might have the capacity to analyze alopecia areata just by taking a gander at the degree of your hair loss and by examination.
Alopecia areata is a type of hair loss where hair loss is in a pattern like small, coin-shaped, round patches on the scalp. Sometimes hair loss can be else where too such as beard, eyebrows, eyelashes, etc.
Causes:- It is an autoimmune disorder where hair is lost because it is rejected by one's own immune system. Why this happens is not fully understood.
A person suffering from alopecia areata is more likely to develop other autoimmune disorders like thyroid, diabetes, vitiligo
Alopecia areata is not contagious, nor is it related to diet or vitamin deficiencies
Stress, however can aggravated the condition
Homeopathic treatment for alopecia areata
1) Fluoric acid:- tendency to develop alopecia areata in family, brittle hair, hair fall in spots esp from vertex, all complaints are aggravated by warmth,
2) Phosphorus:- patchy baldness, dryness of hair and scalp, itchy scalp, dandruff, hair fall after hemorrhagic disease
3) Graphites:- hair fall on sides, patchy baldness, constipation associated with hair fall. Chilly patient
4) Nat Mur:- hair fall esp in anemic females
These are few basic indication for alopecia areata patients in homeopathy
Doctor I am having skin issue. My face is no more glowing and clear as it was 3 years back. please suggest me what to do.
Are you suffering from the problems of excessive hair fall or hair loss? Are you turning bald at a young age? Hair loss can have different reasons and causes. Sometimes, it is a symptom of a major disease. At times, hair loss is just due to hormonal issues. Whatever be the cause, excessive loss of hair leaves bald patches on your scalp. At times, they are really embarrassing for the person suffering from such hair problems. Though there are surgical methods like hair transplant and hair re-growth serum, the newest technology and treatment that people are interested in is the PRP treatment.
What is PRP?
PRP is also known as Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy. After several experiments and research medical practitioners have started making use of this therapy to help you grow back the hair that you have lost. The process of this therapy is extremely simple. It uses your own platelet rich plasma. This plasma is injected onto your scalp with the help of a thin needle. The main purpose is that the plasma reacts with the growing factors of the blood and helps the hair to grow naturally. This can be seen as a very natural procedure as your own plasma is used for treating your hair loss issues. It is carefully conducted by experts after several tests on your scalp and plasma. It is undertaken by trained professionals and thus is seen as a successful way of getting your hair back.
Advantages of PRP:
There are several advantages of this therapy. Some of them are explained below:
- It is one of the very few non-surgical procedures. It is effective in most cases and has been successful in providing desired results. It is also a very simple treatment to undergo and thus many choose it compared to transplants.
- Your recovery period is not very long and thus, after about a week’s rest you can go about living your life normally.
- It is a very safe procedure. Several tests are conducted prior to the implementation of this therapy. If complications are bound to arise, your medical practitioner would definitely inform you.
Thus, if you are experiencing excessive hair loss and severe balding of the scalp, this is one treatment that you can opt for. The advantages have been clearly outlined for your benefit. Furthermore, it is recommended that you visit your dermatologist before settling for any kind of treatment. They would assess your scalp condition and causes of hair fall and guide you towards the right treatment for your problems.
Hair loss may happen due to a variety of reasons including hereditary issues as well as aging and skin or scalp problems. A poor diet and inappropriate lifestyle choices like excessive drinking and smoking can also lead to hair loss. Many people also experience hair loss due to hormonal changes. Also, hair loss may happen as a side effect of certain types of medication as well as surgery related to cancer, which includes chemotherapy. Yet, genetic reasons for hair loss remain the most common cause when it comes to both men and women. Cosmetic procedures can often be used to fix severe hair loss issues.
Here is a list of cosmetic procedures available for the same:
- Hair Transplant: This procedure is also known as hair grafting and is often used to treat male pattern balding. This is an outpatient and relatively uncomplicated procedure that can be conducted at the clinic of a dermatologist surgeon. The process consists of the application of micro grafts where one or two hair can be contained in each graft. Strip grafts containing 30 to 40 strands of hair can also be applied in such a procedure. The doctor will usually administer local anaesthesia into the scalp so as to ensure that the patient feels minimum discomfort during the procedure.
- Scalp Reduction: In this procedure, the dermatologist surgeon will usually remove the skin which is not bearing hair any longer. The rest of the skin that is capable of growing hair will then be stretched across the scalp so that the bald area can be eliminated. This stretching action is done by loosening the skin of the surrounding area once the non-hair-bearing skin has been removed. In this method too, the doctor will first administer local anaesthesia.
- Flap Surgery: In this kind of surgery, the doctor will remove a section of the bald area and replace it with a flap of skin that is capable of sprouting hair. This hair bearing skin flap is positioned properly before being stitched into place during the surgery. While this is a challenging procedure, one will see immediate results as the remaining skin is still connected to the original blood supply that will promote hair growth for the flap as well.
- Laser Assisted Grafting: While there are many kinds of hair grafting techniques, laser assisted grafting is one of the most commonly used ones in today's day and age. Before the surgery, the doctor will prepare the area by trimming the donor area. This will allow easy application of and access to the grafts. Site holes will be closed with stitches which will in turn, be concealed with the hair that surrounds the area.
Allergic rhinitis is characterized by symptoms of a runny nose, congestion, itchy eyes and sneezing. This disorder is usually caused by allergens such as pollen and dust. Commonly known as hay fever, allergic rhinitis may exhibit the following symptoms:
The symptoms of allergic rhinitis are:
1. You may experience a runny nose and congestion in the nose
2. You may have allergic conjunctivitis where your eyes turn itchy and watery
3. Persistent coughing
4. Symptoms of sneezing
5. Swelling may develop underneath the eyes
6. You may have an itchy nose
7. Constant signs of fatigue
Allergic rhinitis or hay fever causes the immune system to recognize certain airborne substances as harmful. The immune system in the body starts to form antibodies to combat these irritants. The antibodies cause the body to release “histamine”, a chemical that triggers the symptoms of allergic rhinitis.
The various triggers that may cause allergic rhinitis are:
1. Dust mites
2. Tree pollen
3. Grass pollen
4. Spoors from outdoor and indoor fungi
5. Ragweed pollen
The treatment for this disorder is to avoid exposure to the triggers. Mild symptoms of this disorder may be treated with over-the-counter medications whereas severe symptoms may require prescription medications.
The various medications for allergic rhinitis are:
- Antihistamines: Antihistamines may be administered as pills or nasal sprays; these medications can help with itching and sneezing. Antihistamines help in limiting the effects of histamine in the body.
- Nasal corticosteroids: These prescription medications can help treat itching and inflammation in the nose. They are usually the first medications that are administered.
- Decongestants: Decongestants are over-the-counter medications that can be used to treat congestion in the nose. You should be careful not to overuse these medicines as they can increase blood pressure.
- Allergy shots: If medications do not relieve symptoms of allergic rhinitis, the doctor may prescribe allergy shots to treat the disorder. The injections contain allergens in small amounts which are injected over a period of time; this causes the body to get used to these allergens, resulting in a reduction of the symptoms.
How to keep armpit clean & clear. please advice any cream or lotion which can remove dark patches of my clean shaven armpit. Please suggest me.
There are so many reasons people get inked. For some, a tattoo is a form of expression for other, a reminder of incidents and people. Since a tattoo is permanent, it needs to be carefully thought about. Today, you may think having your girlfriend's name inked onto your skin is a way of declaring your love but what if tomorrow, you break up. Ex lovers names are probably the most common tattoos that people ask to be removed. Yes, tattoos can be removed but it isn't as easy as it sounds.
What makes a tattoo permanent is the depth the ink permeates to. Unlike writing on your skin with a pen, ink in a permanent tattoo is placed in the dermis. This layer of skin lies under the epidermis and cannot be easily accessed. Thus using a cream or ointment will not help you remove a permanent tattoo. It may help bleach the pigment slightly but will scar your skin leaving the area looking worse than it was before. Using an acid to remove tattoos is also not advisable as this will scar the skin.
The only way to effectively remove a tattoo without scarring is with laser treatment. The laser penetrates the skin and breaks up the ink particles. This makes the body's immune system recognize the ink as alien elements and removes them through the lymphatic system. This leaves the rest of your skin undamaged. Laser treatment to remove a tattoo is not a onetime procedure and may need to be repeated a number of times depending on the number of colours, size of tattoo and quality of ink used.
A single laser cannot be used to treat all the colours in your tattoo. Lasers of different wavelengths are used to remove different colours. Thus, the more colours in a tattoo, the longer it will take to be removed. In some cases, even with laser treatment, the tattoo cannot be completely removed and a shadow may remain. Fluorescent colours are the most difficult to remove. Laser treatment can also be used on any skin colour though it may take a few extra sessions to remove tattoos on dark skin. The location of your tattoos also plays a great role in determining how easy it will be to remove.
In most cases, removing a tattoo takes 5-12 laser treatment sessions. This can take from 6 to 12 months as the dermatologist will probably ask you to wait a month between sittings. Each laser treatment session is expensive and hence removing a tattoo is much more expensive than getting one. Hence, think before you ink.