Doctor in SKM Hospital
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for SKM HospitalYour feedback matters!
Immunotherapy which is also known as allergy shots is a type of treatment which has long-term benefits. Immunotherapy helps in reducing the chance of different kinds of allergic issues to develop later in life. The chance of having allergic rhinitis, allergic asthma, stinging insect allergy and even conjunctivitis are all diminished with the help of these allergy shots. Allergy shots help your body become immune to different allergens which can later trigger an allergic reaction. Any individual, who notices symptoms for more than 3 months in a year and does not see the medicines make any significant headway, should definitely consider taking immunotherapy.
What is the Immunotherapy Treatment?
The treatment of immunotherapy allows the doctor to inject small doses of whatever substance you are allergic to, also known as allergens, under your skin. This procedure helps your body get used to the allergens which in turn help in reducing the symptoms of allergic rhinitis. For allergy shots, your doctor first carries out a test to determine which allergen is the patient allergic to. The doctor might then use weed, pollen or dust mites, molds and even animal dander as allergy shots.
In the beginning of the treatment, the doctor may give these allergy shots once or twice every week, depending on the need. Once the patient reaches the point of maintenance doses, the same dose is injected in the patient’s body every 2-4 weeks for up to 6 months. Once the 6 month period is also over, the dose is reduced to once a month. A checkup will be done by your allergist after a year to see whether the symptoms have become less severe or not. If there is no remarkable change witnessed then the doctor does not prescribe continuing the same treatment, however, if there is an improvement then you may have to continue taking the shots for up to 3 to 5 years.
Results of the Treatment
There is no definite assurance of being completely cured after taking immunotherapy as the allergy might return for some within a few years. For others at the same time, the allergy might show no sign of returning and the patient can be completely cured. Most of the times, this treatment is absolutely safe when given correctly. However, symptoms of asthma, hives and low blood pressure can be a matter of grave concern as it can be a life-threatening reaction. Emergency care should be provided immediately in such a case.
Being a woman has its own set of physical challenges. With the different anatomical and physiological features, the problems that women face also are different. Three out of four patients with hypothyroidism are women. Male to female ratio of migraine patients is also 3:1. These and various other diseases are predominantly seen in women. In addition to this, there is also the highly sophisticated gynecologic system. This brings its own unique set of diseases like dysmenorrhea, cysts, fibroids, menstrual problems.
Given that a woman’s body is quite unique and sophisticated with various organs working in close coordination with each other, let us take a look at how homoeopathy which usually tries to get to the root of the problem and correct the whole system as a whole.
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS): PCOS has a strong genetic predisposition along with obesity and type 2 diabetes. There are often multiple cysts in the ovaries with irregular menstruation, a higher amount of testosterone, and fertility issues. In homoeopathy, Apis Melllfica, Pulsatilla, Lachesis, Graphites, and Sepia are frequently used based on patient’s symptoms.
- Irregular menses: What needs to be understood is irregular menses is a symptom of an underlying disease and a detailed history and clinical examination (including ultrasound scanning) are required to nail down the underlying reason. Natrum Muriaticum, Sepia, Pulsatilla, Senecio Aureus, Staphysagria, Cimicifuga, Euphrasia, and Magnesium Carbonicum are some common agents used to manage irregular menses based on underlying causes.
- Dysmenorrhea: Menstruation is associated with pain in the abdomen, hips, and thighs in a lot of women. However, this should ideally be a painless process as it is physiologic. In some women, it is also associated with severe cramping, diarrhea, and pain that is relieved with warmth. Pulsatilla, Belladonna, Mag Phos, Nux Vomica, and Cimicifuga are some commonly used agents to help women reduce the pain and relax.
- Infertility: Again, like irregular menses, there is a strong reason contributing to infertility which needs to be identified and addressed. Given the social nature of the issue, there is a strong psychological component, and so the couple should engage in a detailed mental and physical constitutional discussion to arrive at a customised regimen. Calcarea Carb, Borax, Aletris Farinosa, Natrum Phos, Pulsatilla, Sepia, Natrum Carb, Agnus Castus, Sabal, Conium are used for managing infertility based on accompanying symptoms.
- Thyroid problem: As noted earlier, hypothyroidism is extremely common in women. There is also a strong linkage between infertility, repeated miscarriages, irregular menses, etc. with the thyroid hormone levels. Calcarea Carbonica, Sepia Officinalis, Graphites, Lycopodium clavatum, and Nux Vomica are some commonly used homoeopathy products in hypothyroid women.
- Migraine: Another problem seen predominantly in women with strong linkage to menstruation cycles and hormones. Belladonna, Natrum Mur, Sanguinaria, Spigelia, and Glonoine are commonly used.
For these common medical conditions, especially in women, homoeopathy offers more holistic treatment with minimal side effects. It may take a while for the body to respond, but it is definitely advisable. Self-medication is best avoided as each woman is unique.
There can be phases when your sex libido fluctuates and can reach low that your partner can feel the difference and be concerned. Such lows can be temporary and can be dealt with finding ways to boost your sex drive. One such that gives a booster shot to your libido are foods that will help you keep the spice of life alive. Here is a list of few effective foods that can potentially increase your sex drive.
- Cloves: This modest kitchen ingredient is an absolute versatile option when you are willing to use it as kitchen ingredient. You may brew it in any broth or add it to tea or cook an exotic dish with it. In the Indian subcontinent, cloves have been in use for centuries for treating male sexual dysfunction. Research suggests that cloves are used for treating bad breath and therefore, you should try to add cloves to your daily diet. You can also add cinnamon and cumin to your daily food which can together act as an aphrodisiac.
- Watermelon: Chocolate is regarded as an age-old aphrodisiac for people with sweet tooth. But researchers show that though there are ingredients such as phenylethylamine which can surge the endorphin and serotonin levels, there is no direct link in between chocolate and sexual performance. Therefore, if you are really on a lookout for boosting your sex drive, you can rely on a slice of watermelon every day. Though 92 percent of watermelon constitutes water, the rest 8 percent comprises of hordes of nutrients which are vital for your sexual health. Watermelon has certain ingredients that can deliver similar effects as Viagra in human blood vessels while aiding to increase libido. The phytonutrient called citrulline which is converted by arginine which is an amino acid that helps in boosting nitric oxide levels in the body. Peaches also act as an aphrodisiac that can surge your love hormones.
- Eggs: Be it fried or scrambled or poached or deviled, eggs can rev up your stamina no matter how you prepare it. Eggs contain copious amounts of protein which is a good source of stamina and is low in calories. Moreover, amino acid L-arginine is effective in curing various types of erectile dysfunction and heart diseases.
- Saffron: Though it has a high price tag attached to it, this is a perfect treat for both stomach health and sex life. Soaking a few threads of saffron in warm milk for around 15 minutes and drinking it can help in boosting your sex drive. You can also add the mixture to any grain like barley, rice, and quinoa or you may also use it in stew and soup.
Foods have been long used to boost sex drive, and the best part is that you need not turn any stone for getting these foods. The ingredients are easily available, and you can remain assured that these foods can help you spruce up your sex life. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
After eating a meal to your heart’s content, it is very normal to burp or belch. However, it is normal only when it happens occasionally, or after a meal, for someone used to a contented meal every single time. On the other hand, excessive burping or belching can happen due to two reasons.
- Excessive air intake: There are multiple ways that excessive air can reach the food pipe. Sucking on straws, chewing gum constantly and ill-fitting dentures are some common reasons for burping.
- Digestive problems: Ulcers in the stomach, prolonged gastric, gallstones and rarely, esophageal or stomach cancers can also cause burping.
When to see a doctor
Check with a doctor if you have persistent burping, followed by a meal or otherwise, and accompanied by the following symptoms.
- Go slow when eating and/or drinking: Most of us are pressed for time and eating and/or drinking has now become a task that needs to be finished quickly. Eating fast causes air to be swallowed, and therefore one of the best ways to stop burping is to eat slowly. Sitting in a calm, relaxing environment when eating also allows one to enjoy the food and avoid or stop burping.
- Avoid taliking while eating: There is always so much to catch up, whether at home or outside. So, talking while eating is a common practice. This is not just bad manners, but there is also a lot of air that is swallowed, which leads to burping. A solution is to chew the food properly, which not just helps stop burping, but also aids in better food digestion by mixing it adequately with saliva.
- Substitute coke with water: Carbonated drinks are another reason for belching. Replacing them with water, tea, or anything noncarbonated is advisable, not just from burping perspective, but also from the excessive sugar consumption. Carbonated drinks are just sugar solutions, and are absolutely of no nutritive value.
- Avoid straw: When possible, drink from a glass and avoid straws. This reduces the amount of gas taken in and helps stop burping
- Quit smoking: Quitting it has multiple health benefits, and getting rid of smoking is just one of them.
- Dentures: Ill-fitting dentures can be a reason for belching, and so they should be checked and corrected, if required, in a person who has persistent burping.
- Chewing gum: Constantly chewing gum contributes to burping, and so avoiding chewing gum or sucking on hard candy is another way to control burping.
- Avoid certain foods: Foodstuffs like broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, sprouts, and lentils can produce excessive gas and should be avoided in people who have persistent burping.
Follow the above steps in your daily routine; still if your burping problem persists, it is time to consult your physician.
Being fit is a matter of striking the right balance between one’s diet as well as exercise. There are many kinds of problems that we all face when we do not strike a balance between the two. A flat stomach is a sought after feature in one’s figure. One usually ends up losing a flat stomach when you have weight gain due to pregnancy and the onset of age.
When one wants to get back a flat stomach, there are many measures that one can take because this is a very difficult thing to get back once you have put on weight because you will usually lose weight from the abdomen at the very end. Yet, one does not need to spend many hours in the gym for a flat stomach. You can also do exercises at home in order to get a flat stomach. Read on to know the secret!
- Squats: One can do squats every morning as a part of a warm up before getting into the exercises. Ensure that you hold it for a while before you release and straighten up. You can also do squats while you are standing at the kitchen counter so that you get plenty of exercise with just a few moments of hard work through various times during the day.
- Sit Ups: Sit ups are also a good form of exercise that one can do at home. Along with lunges and squats, you can also do sit ups so that you get a more toned torso with good exercise for your muscles in that area.
- Pike and Stretch: This is another very well known exercise that can easily be done at home. The pike and stretch requires you to lie on a mat, facing upwards. Then, you will have to crunch up and try and touch your toes. The next step is to bring your arms behind your head and keep them straight while you crush up one leg at a time. This should be done at least ten times so that your abs and hips are well worked out.
- The Standing Side Crunch: This crunch can be done with a chair. You need to stand on your left leg and then extend the left arm so that the right foot gets lifted off of the ground level by a few inches. Then, place the right hand behind your head with the elbow bent. After this, you will need to lift the left knee towards the right shoulder. Repeat this at least 15 times for it to show any results on your abs and abdomen area.
- The Plank: This is a very well known move that many people take to. You will have to lie down on a mat and elevate yourself on your elbows. This position will have to be held for as long as possible for maximum effect on the abs, torso, hips and the thighs and legs as well. This exercise is recommended for a flat stomach, more than any other.