Submit a review for Shravana Multispeciality HospitalYour feedback matters!
Ayurveda is an ancient Indian life science that requires you to make various lifestyle changes along with the use of medication that is based on herbs and condiments with massages and Yogic postures. This field of medicine believes in getting to the root of the problem so as to cure it and prevent it in the future as well. Gastritis is no different and enjoys the same kind of attention when it comes to Ayurveda.
Here is everything you need to know about the Ayurvedic perspective of gastritis:
- Definition: As per Ayurveda, gastritis is known as Urdhva Amlapitta, which can lead to the occurrence of stomach ulcers when the inflammation of the stomach lining goes untreated for a prolonged period of time. This inflammation is the basic outcome of the condition.
- Causes: Problems in the Vata Dosha, one of the three Doshas in the body, can cause this condition. Also, a build up of Ama or toxins due to poor digestive health, can lead to the occurrence of this disease. As per Ayurveda, there are many reasons that may cause this toxin build up and the imbalance in the Vata Dosha. This includes eating spicy food on a regular or frequent basis and taking too many drugs like pain killers and analgesics which can lead to this condition. Also, too much of alcohol consumption and greasy food can cause gastritis. Further, one of the main causes of gastritis as per Ayurveda, is the presence of too much stress and worry, and the lack of a proper routine when it comes to eating, sleeping and exercising.
- Symptoms: The main symptoms include appetite loss and nausea, as well as discomfort and pain in the abdomen. Gastrointestinal bleeding and blood discharge may also occur for patients suffering from this condition. Headaches and vomiting are also common symptoms of this condition.
- Medication: There are various Ayurvedic medicines that can help in treating this condition. Sukumara Ghrita are ghee based preparations that can be taken every morning with a glass of warm milk in order to activate the digestive fires and improve the digestive powers. The difference can usually be seen in a matter of days. Dhatri Lauha includes amla juice which should be taken twice a day. Lemon juice, ajwain, amla and ginger are also helpful in such situations.
- Lifestyle Changes: Avoiding spicy and greasy food as well as stopping alcohol abuse and smoking can help in curing this condition. One should also stay away from excessively stressful mental and physical tasks.
Taking the right steps at the right time for a proper routine with good habits can help in treating this condition as per Ayurveda.
I have a gastric problem from past 3 years so everyday I am not interested to eat food and also I am not getting hungry if I trying to eat at the that I feel like vomiting. so please help me with that
I am having dizziness and little sensation in upper abdomen area. I could feel the dizziness passing from abdomen to eye. I am done with pelvic abdomen scan, eye testing and MRI scan everything was normal, my doctor diagnosed it to be gastric and gave me pantocid IT tablet for 7 days. Still my problem is not solved. What might be the problem? Please suggest. I am experiencing this post dengue fever.
Hi, I am diagnosed with PCOS. My doctor advised Dronis 30, a tablet per day. The instructions mentioned taking a break after 21 days of the medicine strip. My doctor, however advised to continue the next strip of 21 days as soon as I get over with my first one after 21st day. I have very bad cramps and have occasions of slight dizziness in the course of dosage. What has to be done?
I have pain in my abdomen in right side sometime but not continually. I am 22 year old and my weight is 45 kg. This is written in My ultrasound report that few enlarged mesenteric lymph nodes in RIF region largest measure 13×6 mm ,this is critical or not. And also have calculus in my right kidney of 3 mm. I want ask that normal size of mesenteric lymph nodes in RIF region.
Patient of Thyroid, high b.p. Stone in gallbladder, sits in uterus Taking amlong 5 & thyroxine 125 but my b.p is still 90 -140 around.
Hi. I am suffering from ibs and mucus formation in my stomach due to which there is frequent urination. Also I have hypothyroid. I also have muscle pain all over my body .(muscle swelling. Tried medicines and exercises, gives me short term result. Can you recommend something for good results.
I am facing acidity problem from last one month and getting verbs continuously from mouth. Feeling very low.
Dear All, I am 24 male. And i'm suffering with Gastric and Stomach Bloating if I had little rice or fruits or else something i'm feeling like my stomach is full and stomach is coming front. I'm passing heavy air and getting bubs also. This problem I have last 11 months and I took allopathy but still i'm facing same issue please suggest me better tablets.
Hello sir, my age-32 yrs. I am suffering with mouth ulcers. After every one two months I found one or two ulcers in my mouth. I use sat- isabgol (hylium husk) on daily basis. If I do not eat it then constipation arises. Please tell me permanent solutions.
My husband is suffering with disc prolapse between l4 and l5. Due to this he has developed constipation and urinary disorder. Doctors suggest to get a surgery immediately. Please suggest what to do.
I have acidity for a long time and I lot of trouble because I work is night shift and I take Rantac tablet for everyday so please help me.
hi I am 34 years old, from last 2-3 days blood coming after my stool. Today's morning also after stool blood came out. Please suggest medicine.
I have pain in my stomach and there is swelling in my gall bladder. The size of gall bladder is 7 mm. Please help me. Pain is killing me.
How to prepare for an appendectomy
Appendectomy is the medical term for the surgery that is performed to remove the inflamed appendix (a condition that is known as appendicitis). This surgical treatment is mostly performed on an emergency basis.
But before you move on to know how to prepare for the surgery, it's important why it is important to get a surgery for appendicitis done?
What exactly is appendicitis?
Appendicitis is a medical condition in which the appendix (that is the worm-shaped projection which arises out of the beginning of the colon) gets inflamed.
The major cause of appendicitis is that the tissues of the appendix become infected with bacterial action that results in the formation of pus in the lumen (opening) of the appendix. Factors that can trigger bacterial infection are a hard stool, attack by a foreign body, and accumulation of thick mucus in the appendix tissues among others.
Appendicitis results in aching and acute pain in the abdominal region of the affected person. In many people, it is accompanied by complications like vomiting, nausea, fever, loss of appetite, constipation, abdominal swelling etc. In more severe cases, it is accompanied by diarrhoea.
Appendicitis usually requires an emergency surgery. However, there are some things you need to do before going for the surgery.
Preparations to undertake before surgery
In most cases, appendectomy is an emergency surgery so there are hardly any preparations that a patient can make. The most common preparatory measure that your surgeon may prescribe includes not eating anything up till a few hours before the surgery. Apart from that, certain medications may be prescribed to eliminate or at best reduce the symptoms of nausea and vomiting. There are no other preparations as such that you can undertake before appendectomy.
The recovery time is subjective as it depends on the type of procedure used for the surgery, the type of anaesthesia and the various complications associated with your condition. In general cases, the patients can recover within 12 hours of the surgery. However, it takes approximately 4-6 weeks for a person to resume a normal lifestyle after an appendectomy.
The colon is a part of the digestive system of your body, which extracts the vitamins, nutrients, water and salt from the indigestible food. This helps in getting rid of solid waste from your body. Now, you may wonder why colon cleansing is necessary. It is required when there is some disorder in the normal colon function, such as when the colon absorbs the toxins in place of removing them from your body, you may experience colon problems. These results in syndromes like gaining weight, fatigue, lack of energy, constipation, bloating and many more.
Cleaning the colon in a natural way is one of the earliest processes by which you can get a normal colon. This process is also called autointoxication. There are some ways by which you can go for natural colon cleansing.
- One of the easiest and best ways for colon cleansing is drinking plenty of water. Regular intake of water will keep your body hydrated and the body organs functioning. It will also help your body to get rid of various toxins.
- Intake of apple juice is yet another process of colon cleansing. Apple juice normalises your bowel movements and keeps your liver fit. It keeps the digestive system functioning as well. One glass of raw apple juice followed by one glass of water half an hour later works best for colon cleansing.
- Lemon juice with a high amount of vitamin C is excellent for the digestive system. A glass of warm water mixed with lemon juice and honey keeps your liver, colon and the entire digestive system fit and fine.
- Stay away from fried and processed food for a couple of days. It is better if you drink fresh vegetable juice for a number of times in a day. Green and leafy vegetables remove toxins from your body. They have high amount of minerals and enzymes which provides energy to your body.
- Yogurt is your best companion when it comes to colon cleansing. It contains some bacteria, which are good for your body and helps accelerate the digestion process. It is one of the best way by which you can cure every stomach and digestion-related problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.
I am 24 years old and I am facing mouth ulcer problem again and again from last 2 months. Sometimes on tongue, sometimes inside lips and sometimes cheeks. I drink rarely and I am non smoker. Taken medicines once but still. What to do?
I am suffering from high acidity, it starts slowly after breakfast and become very high in evening. But when I take one tab Aciloc 150 mg in the morning before breakfast and one metronidazole in night after dinner, then there will be no problem. Please tell me how often I can continue the above medicine. Does it have some side effects for long term use. If there will be ant alternate medicine or treatment suited for me, then please tell me.
I think that I am suffering from fissure as one of the Dr. Told me and another one told that it is not a big problem but the first one told that it is upto 2.5 inches near anus and a little bit discharge is happening and first one advised to operate but second one had given tablets so what should I choose?
Liver is not only the largest organ of the body but also one of the most vital. It filters blood, detoxifies chemicals, metabolizes drugs, secretes bile and also makes proteins necessary for blood clotting. Fatty Liver has become one of the most common causes of liver disease worldwide and has been recognized as a major health burden.
What is fatty liver?
Fatty liver or steatosis is the term that describes the buildup of fat in the liver. While it’s normal to have some fat in liver, more than 5 to 10 percent of liver weight is fat in case of fatty liver.
The prevalence of fatty liver has grown proportionally with the rise in obesity, sedentary and unhealthy lifestyle, improper dietary pattern, and metabolic syndrome. Subjects with significantly higher value of body mass index, waist circumference, percent body fat, total cholesterol and above normal blood pressure have more chances of having a fatty liver.
Currently, there is no drug therapy that can be formulated for treating fatty liver. A combination of dietary modifications and increased physical activity remains the mainstay of fatty liver management.
Diet to be followed:
People with fatty liver are encouraged to eat a variety of foods, choose from several food groups, and include predominantly whole grains and their products in the diet. Consuming high quality protein like eggs, lean meat like fish and chicken will help regenerate the liver cells. For the vegans complementary proteins like low fat dairy products, beans, legumes and pulses would enrich their diet. A daily serving of fresh fruits and vegetables is recommended. Unsaturated vegetable oil like safflower, sunflower or olive for cooking can be used. Plenty of water needs to be taken everyday which would help flush the liver of toxins. Combination of vitamin D, vitamin E, and omega-3 fatty acids show promise for the treatment of fatty liver.
What to avoid:
- Fried foods
- Saturated and trans fats like butter, cheese and red meat
- High fructose and high glycemic index foods like soda, potatoes, white bread etc
Fatty liver is reversible if proper adequate steps are taken and a healthy liver goes a long way in enhancing the quality and longevity of life of an individual.