What is a vaginal rash?
Although vaginal rashes can be identified with non infectious conditions, for example, hypersensitive responses and contact dermatitis, many are because of sexually transmitted diseases. The zone around the vagina might be blushed with sores or blisters or it might hold its typical shading yet have bumps. Different side effects, for example, discharge, burning sensation during urination, pain or tingling, may likewise happen.
Not all sexually transmitted diseases cause vaginal rashes; the ones that most regularly do are syphilis, genital herpes and human papillomavirus (HPV). Genital herpes normally causes groups of excruciating red blisters that might be irritated. Syphilis might be connected with a lone, painless, red sore on the vulva that might be followed by a rash on the hands and feet. Genital warts may develop as an after effect of HPV disease.
What is it caused by?
It can happen as a result of rubbing against the skin, like from uncomfortable underwear or rough sanitary napkins. These are not harmful and non-contagious. Also, these are usually minor and get cured with home remedies.
Contact Dermatitis: This can be caused when you come in contact with a substance that can cause irritation or an allergy. This is called contact dermatitis. It can be very itchy, but it is not serious very often.
Pubic lice: These are caused by tiny parasites, such as insects that survive by sucking on blood from humans.
Candidiasis (yeast infections): This can cause rashes in the moist folds of the vaginal skin.
Scabies: It is a skin condition, which can get very itchy and is caused due to little mites digging into your skin.
Psoriasis: These are characterised by little red or wine red coloured bumps with silvery scaly skin on top of that. It is commonly found on the knees, elbow or scalp, but it can occur on any part of the body.
Libido, also known as the drive for intimate activities, is a person’s general sexual drive or yearning for sexual desire. A person’s drive in this area depends upon biological, psychological as well as social factors. Sometimes both physical and mental factors may cause this problem.
Physical issues that can bring about low drive include low testosterone, professionally prescribed meds, too little or a lot of work out and excessive liquor or drug use. Mental issues can include depression, stress and issues in your relationship.
Homeopathy treatment has some capable and fruitful solutions to increase the libido or drive without any symptoms or side effects. Homeopathic cures are prescribed based upon the symptoms instead of the conditions, as the symptoms of a specific disease can differ in different individuals. All these medicines must be prescribed only by a trained homeopath or doctor. Here are a few homeopathic cures for low libido issues:
Agnus castus: It is used for the following symptoms faced by patients with low libido:
• Sexual despair
• Anxious depression and mental premonitions
• Yellow discharge from the urethra and low or no sexual desire
• No erections
• Scanty periods in women
Lycopodium: It is used for the following symptoms faced by patients with low libido:
• Losing libido after some time that is, steady loss of sexual craving
• Despair, the need to be distant from everyone else, feeble memory, decreasing brain power
• Poor processing, dyspepsia, waking up during the evening feeling hungry, experiencing hepatic illness
• Delayed menstruation in women
• No erection, fatigue and feeling feeble, untimely discharge
• Vaginal drying
• Skin breakouts
• Delayed inadequate periods, obstruction, spinal pain
• Too soon or no ejaculation in men, aversion to sex, herpetic ejections
• Uncertain, anxious feeling
• Headache in the mornings on waking up
• Individuals who are susceptible to to skin infections
This homeopathic medicine is used in the following cases:
• Low sexual desire in men, delicate and swollen genitals, skin inflammation of scrotum
• Early and heavy flow periods
• Pain in liver for women
• Pimples, skin inflammation, hair fall
• Spasms in the upper arms and wrists, tearing pain in joints
• Ladies who were strong and tough, but have ended up irritable, depressive and not interested in friends and family
• Loss of sexual desire after pregnancy, labour, or unnatural birth cycle
• Loss of sexual craving during menopausal stage
• Psychical impotence in men, loss of sexual desire, insufficient erections
• Sexual craving totally crushed in ladies, extreme uterine pain, periods too soon and excessively drawn out
• Drained and numb feeling in the legs
Since low libido is a fundamentally important issue, homeopaths trust that it can be dealt with exceptionally well by homeopathy. Homeopathy can treat your low sex drive brought on by an assortment of reasons going from stress, hormonal imbalances to low self-esteem.
The 6 biggest sex mistakes women make and reasons why women make them.
Ladies, be honest: when your sex life becomes a little humdrum, out comes the mental catalogue of all the ways your partner isn’t quite measuring up. Guys tend to get a bad rap when it comes to understanding women’s bodies and what turns us on, making them easy targets in the blame game when sexual satisfaction starts to wane. And sure, they make their fair share of bedroom errors. But as the saying goes, it takes two to tango. As it turns out, that woman makes plenty of sex mistakes of their own. Here are the six most common mistakes a woman makes in the bedroom and what you can do to get the satisfaction you so rightly deserve.
Sex Mistake #1: Not Initiating Sex With Your Partner - Many of us worry about lady-like behavior. We don’t want to appear pushy or come on too strong for fear of being labeled aggressive. According to Dr Archana Shah, consultant gynecologist and fertility –IVF specialist, failing to initiate sex is one of the biggest mistakes women make. Generally, men want to be pursued by their partners just as much as women do. Holding onto outdated ideas about sex roles also inhibits satisfaction with their sexual relationships. Show your interest by taking the first step from time to time. Your partner will likely appreciate it, and you may find a new level of satisfaction in taking responsibility for your sexual experience, something I feel strongly women must do.
Sex Mistake #2: Worrying About What You Look Like - Thinking about how you look during sex stops you from enjoying yourself and ruins your chances of achieving an orgasm. Don’t think about the fat on your belly or the makeup on your face. Concentrate on the pleasure of the act. You must give yourself permission to have an orgasm. Men want their wives to abandon themselves in sex play, and that’s not likely if she is anxious about her physical concerns. Men don’t notice half the things women obsess about anyway. It’s amazing what men don’t notice if you’re enthusiastic, energetic, interested in them, and flexible minded.”
Sex Mistake #3: Assuming Sex Is Casual for a Man - We should all let go of old-fashioned notions, such as women are not sexual or that sex is just sex to men. For some men, sex is a very important act. Don’t minimize it. The idea that both men and women find sexual intimacy in the context of a committed relationship to be more satisfying. Never assume that a man is not romantic. Two huge mistakes in this culture are that women are not sexual and that men are not as romantic [as women].
Sex Mistake #4: Believing He’s Always Up for Sex - Sure, most teenage boys are ready and willing just about any time you ask, but not true for men. The pressures of everyday life -- family, work, money -- can zap a man’s libido. This comes as a big surprise to many women, and often his lack of interest in sex is something we take personally. It comes as such a shock [to women] that they just don’t believe it, the reaction many women have when their partner says they aren’t in the mood for sex. They know themselves that they are not always interested in sex but they still love the man. But when they discover he doesn’t want to have sex, they think, ‘he doesn’t love me.’ Not true. He just doesn’t want to have sex.
Sex Mistake #5: Not Giving Him Guidance - Talking very directly about sex, what we like and don’t like can make us feel uncomfortable, even with a partner we’ve been with for a long time. But it’s the only way to achieve a satisfying sexual relationship. A woman must take responsibility for her sexual encounter. No man can bring a woman to orgasm if she doesn’t take responsibility for her sexual experience. Even the best lover can’t know what she needs without her letting him know. However, the good news is that men very much want to please women. If you can tell them in a way that doesn’t kill their ego, they will appreciate it. I advises women to sandwich what they don’t like in between five things they do, because he’s listening. You won’t find out until the next time you’re in bed with him. But men do listen, particularly if you’re quite clear about it.
Sex Mistake #6: Getting Upset When He Suggests Something New - After a couple has been together for a while, it’s natural to want to spice things up with a little variety. Just because your man wants to try something new doesn’t mean he’s unhappy with you or your sex life. In short: Don’t take it personally.
I am 20 years old girl. Recently on 8 january 17 I had sex with my partner. It was unprotected sex. But the semen was thrown out by my partner. It is 19 january nw. And still I do not got my periods my last period date was 8 .what should I do please help.
I am not said anybody that I masturbate wht can I do I do this shameful thing how to tell doctor how to tell my mom and dad Masturbation rubbing clitoris cause all this problem.
I started gym and its almost 1 and half years and from past few weeks I feel swelling in my left testicles and also pains. I want to know weather it is due to heavy weight lifting in gym or something else.
I'm bisexual. Pre marriage I had oral sex with boys. I used to get ejaculated during sex. But now I got married. But unable to ejaculate during sex with my wife. Please advise me on this since I am so scared from this problem Thanks Vidyadhar.
Sir. Sometimes I like to do anal sex with my gf. If I cum inside ass, if there will be pregnancy r not?
Meri shdi ko 1 saal ho gya n mere husband mugshe satisfied nhi rehte h kyunki mera Mann sex bilkul v ni hota bs week m 1 din aur woh hamesa sex ke liye bolte h aur unko mugshe yeh v problem rehti h ki m unko satisfied nhi kr pati Hun means jayada DER tk nhi krti please help me m Kya baut paresan hun roz ISI reason se ladie hoti h.
Raising a child with dyslexia can stir up a lot of emotions. You may look ahead and wonder if this learning issue will affect your child's future. But dyslexia is not a prediction of failure. Dyslexia is quite common, and many successful individuals have dyslexia.
Research has proven that there are different ways of teaching that can help people with dyslexia succeed. There's a lot you can do as a parent too.
What are the symptoms of dyslexia?
Because dyslexia affects some people more severely than others, your child's symptoms may look different from those in another child. Some kids with dyslexia have trouble with reading and spelling. Others may struggle to write or to tell left from right.
Dyslexia can also make it difficult for people to express themselves clearly. It can be hard for them to structure their thoughts during conversation. They may have trouble finding the right words to say.
Others struggle to understand what they're hearing. This is especially true when someone uses nonliteral language such as jokes and sarcasm.
The signs you see may also look different at various ages. Some of the warning signs for dyslexia, such as a speech delay, appear before a child reaches kindergarten. More often, though, dyslexia is identified in grade school. As schoolwork gets more demanding, trouble processing language becomes more apparent.
Here are some signs to look out for:
- Warning Signs in Preschool or Kindergarten
- Has trouble recognizing the letters of the alphabet
- Struggles to match letters to sounds, such as not knowing what sounds b or h make
- Has difficulty blending sounds into words, such as connecting C-H-A-T to the word chat
- Struggles to pronounce words correctly, such as saying 'mawn lower' instead of 'lawn mower'
- Has difficulty learning new words
- Has a smaller vocabulary than other kids the same age
- Has trouble learning to count or say the days of the week and other common word sequences
- Has trouble rhyming
Warning Signs in Grade School or Middle School
- Struggles with reading and spelling
- Confuses the order of letters, such as writing 'left' instead of 'felt'
- Has trouble remembering facts and numbers
- Has difficulty gripping a pencil
- Has difficulty using proper grammar
- Has trouble learning new skills and relies heavily on memorization
- Gets tripped up by word problems in math
- Has a tough time sounding out unfamiliar words
- Has trouble following a sequence of directions
Warning Signs in High School
- Struggles with reading out loud
- Doesn't read at the expected grade level
- Has trouble understanding jokes or idioms
- Has difficulty organizing and managing time
- Struggles to summarize a story
- Has difficulty learning a foreign language
Skills that are affected by Dyslexia
Dyslexia doesn't just affect reading and writing. Here are some everyday skills and activities your child may be struggling with because of this learning issue:
- Appears bright, highly intelligent, and articulate but unable to read, write, or spell at grade level.
- Labelled lazy, dumb, careless, immature, "not trying hard enough," or "behavior problem."
- Isn't "behind enough" or "bad enough" to be helped in the school setting.
- High in IQ, yet may not test well academically; tests well orally, but not written.
- Feels dumb; has poor self-esteem; hides or covers up weaknesses with ingenious compensatory strategies; easily frustrated and emotional about school reading or testing.
- Talented in art, drama, music, sports, mechanics, story-telling, sales, business, designing, building, or engineering.
- Seems to "Zone out" or daydream often; gets lost easily or loses track of time.
- Difficulty sustaining attention; seems "hyper" or "daydreamer."
- Learns best through hands-on experience, demonstrations, experimentation, observation, and visual aids.
Vision, Reading, and Spelling Skills:
- Complains of dizziness, headaches or stomach aches while reading.
- Confused by letters, numbers, words, sequences, or verbal explanations.
- Reading or writing shows repetitions, additions, transpositions, omissions, substitutions, and reversals in letters, numbers and/or words.
- Complains of feeling or seeing non-existent movement while reading, writing, or copying.
- Seems to have difficulty with vision, yet eye exams don't reveal a problem.
- Extremely keen sighted and observant, or lacks depth perception and peripheral vision.
Reads and rereads with little comprehension:
- Spells phonetically and inconsistently.
- Hearing and Speech Skills
- Has extended hearing; hears things not said or apparent to others; easily distracted by sounds.
- Difficulty putting thoughts into words; speaks in halting phrases; leaves sentences incomplete; stutters under stress; mispronounces long words, or transposes phrases, words, and syllables when speaking.
Writing and Motor Skills:
- Trouble with writing or copying; pencil grip is unusual; handwriting varies or is illegible.
- Clumsy, uncoordinated, poor at ball or team sports; difficulties with fine and/or gross motor skills and tasks; prone to motion-sickness.
- Can be ambidextrous, and often confuses left/right, over/under.
- Math and Time Management Skills
- Has difficulty telling time, managing time, learning sequenced information or tasks, or being on time.
- Computing math shows dependence on finger counting and other tricks; knows answers, but can't do it on paper.
- Can count, but has difficulty counting objects and dealing with money.
- Can do arithmetic, but fails word problems; cannot grasp algebra or higher math.
Memory and Cognition:
- Excellent long-term memory for experiences, locations, and faces.
- Poor memory for sequences, facts and information that has not been experienced.
- Thinks primarily with images and feeling, not sounds or words (little internal dialogue).
- Behavior, Health, Development and Personality
- Extremely disorderly or compulsively orderly.
- Can be class clown, trouble-maker, or too quiet.
- Had unusually early or late developmental stages (talking, crawling, walking, tying shoes).
- Prone to ear infections; sensitive to foods, additives, and chemical products.
- Can be an extra deep or light sleeper; bedwetting beyond appropriate age.
- Unusually high or low tolerance for pain.
- Strong sense of justice; emotionally sensitive; strives for perfection.
What can be done at home for dyslexia?
Helping your child with dyslexia can be a challenge, particularly if you're never been confident in your own reading and writing skills. But you don't have to be an expert to help work on certain skills or strengthen your child's self-esteem.
Keep in mind that kids (and families) are all different, so not all options will work for you. Don't panic if the first strategies you try aren't effective. You may need to try several approaches to find what works best for your child. Here are some things you can try at home:
- Read out loud every day
- Tap into your child's interests
- Use audiobooks
- Look for apps and other high-tech help
- Focus on effort, not outcome
- Make your home reader-friendly
- Boost confidence
What can make the journey easier?
Dyslexia can present challenges for your child and for you. But with the proper support, almost all people with dyslexia can become accurate readers. Your involvement will help tremendously.
Wherever you are in your journey, whether you're just starting out or are well on your way, this site can help you find more ways to support your child. Here are a few things that can help make the journey easier:
- Connect with other parents. Remember that you're not alone. Use our safe online community to find parents like you.
- Get behavior advice. Parenting Coach offers expert-approved strategies on a variety of issues that can affect children with dyslexia, including trouble with time management, anxiety and fear, frustration and low self-esteem.
- Build a support plan. Come up with a game plan and anticipate what lies ahead.
Understanding dyslexia and looking for ways to help your child is an important first step. There's a lot you can do just don't feel you have to do everything all at once. Pace yourself. If you try a bunch of strategies at the same time, it might be hard to figure out which ones are working. And do your best to stay positive. Your love and support can make a big difference in your child's life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist and ask a free question.
Anyone in today's time can contract any type of disease, thus it is important that we ensure to take care of ourselves and that of our loved ones. Sex is one of the important elements in achieving a happy relationship between any couple. But, there are instances when a person lacks sex drive and it causes bitterness in the relationship. As far as a male is concerned, sexual arousal also called as erectile dysfunction is one of the major causes that affect the sexual relationship. But, you can remedy this situation by consulting your doctor.
The process of sexual arousal: The process of sexual arousal is a complicated procedure wherein the central nervous system plays a very dominant role. The arousal can happen because of visual simulation, smell and touch. In such a situation, the message is immediately transmitted to the central nervous system. Once the message is received at the central nervous system, certain chemicals get released from the nerve ending in the penis. Now, blood secretes into the erectile body of the penis, which in turn cause sexual arousal also called as erectile.
When one or more of the above processes is blocked or get disrupted it results in Erectile Dysfunction.
This issue can be further discussed as follows:
- In this busy world, many males suffer from the problem of Erectile Dysfunction. At the same time, there are several causes that affect the sexual arousal in the case of males. The causes could be classified as psychological and physiological. Some of the psychological problems are depression, anxiety, stress and problem with the relationship.
- As far as physiological problems are concerned, obstructive pulmonary disease, high blood pressure, obesity, sleep disorder, Hemochromatosis (high iron in the blood), Scleroderma (hardening of the skin), vascular diseases are some causes that affect Erectile Dysfunction. In addition to this, imbalance in the hormones either in Thyroid, testosterone or prolactin can also result in Erectile Dysfunction. This imbalance can be caused because of either overactive or underactive thyroid or other related glands.
Effects: Erectile Dysfunction can increase the level of anxiety and stress. It can affect the self-esteem of the individual. Unsatisfactory sex life can also cause bitterness between the couples.
Remedial measures: There are remedies to the problem of Erectile Dysfunction. Once you notice the problem, you should consult your doctor. There are several medicines that can help in reducing stress and anxiety. In fact, there are also several medicines to tackle issues like Hemochromatosis or Scleroderma. In addition to this, the doctor may also suggest a suitable diet and change in your lifestyle. The doctor may suggest exercises, Yoga or meditation that can help you deal with problems like obesity, blood pressure, stress and anxiety. The ideal approach would be to consult your physician at the earliest.
On which days I can have sex without condoms or pills. My periods came after 30 days and past was on 5 jan.
Premature ejaculation or early ejaculation is the expelling of semen with minimum sexual stimulation, almost immediately after (or sometimes before) sexual penetration. This is a common sexual problem for men below the age of 45 in addition to erectile dysfunction. Premature ejaculation can be a result of several physical and psychological factors.
If the root cause is not serious, the problem can be solved by a few simple techniques, such as:
- Breathing exercises: Relaxation techniques like breathing exercises and meditative practices can help you to concentrate. It also moderates the tension and stress levels which are directly related to arousal. Avoid short and rapid breaths as they can put undue pressure on the heart and increase the pulse rate. This often results in early ejaculation. On the other hand, if you take deep breaths and practice holding them in for three to five seconds, you can also use the technique during arousal.
- Kegel exercises: Kegel exercises can help both men and women with their sexual problems. In men, these help to strengthen the pubococcygeus muscle by repeated contraction and relaxation. The pubococcygeus muscle helps to control urination too. If you use the same technique when you are close to an orgasm, you can delay your ejaculation.
- Squeeze technique: This technique is used to reduce excessive and rapid rate of arousal. When you are close to orgasm, you can squeeze the base of the penis to curb the erection somewhat so that it can build up again. This will automatically delay ejaculation. It is a good idea to practice this technique on your own first and then try it with your partner.
- Stop and start exercise: This exercise was perfected by the Masters and Johnson team of sexual research. This technique is also to be practiced individually for the first few times. You can masturbate alone and stop just before reaching the climax. You can practice this again and again by bringing yourself closer to ejaculation every time until the point you cannot control or regulate the process any more. This will help you to know the limit till which you can stop and regulate the ejaculation process. You can then use this technique during sexual activity with your partner.
- Reduce stress: The stress hormones in your body prevent the secretion of testosterone which is responsible for your sex drive. Alcohol, tobacco or nicotine and other illegal drugs used to combat stress can also have an adverse effect on your sexual arousal and cause premature ejaculation.
How Does Sexual Dysfunction Affect Women?
* Hypoactive sexual desire is the persistent or recurrent deficiency (or absence) of sexual fantasies or thoughts and/or the lack of receptivity to sexual activity.
* Sexual arousal disorder is the persistent or recurrent inability to achieve or maintain sufficient sexual excitement, expressed as a lack of excitement or a lack of genital or other somatic responses.
* Orgasmic disorder is the persistent or recurrent difficulty, delay, or absence of attaining orgasm after sufficient sexual stimulation and arousal.
* Sexual pain disorder includes dyspareunia (genital pain associated with sexual intercourse); vaginismus (involuntary spasm of the vaginal musculature that causes interference with vaginal penetration), and non-coital sexual pain disorder (genital pain induced by non-coital sexual stimulation).
I've been masturbating from the last 20 years. Now I feel like I've made some injuries to my pe**'s. Sometimes it feel like nothing is there between my legs. I'm unmarried. Pls let me know what xray nd treatment to undergo to identify the damage. I've lost weight, hair fall severe back pain nd skin being dark nd always sleepy.
Hi. M 20 year old female. I guess m having yeast infection. As my vaginal discharge is very thick. N its secreting in large amount. Wht oral medicine cn b taken.
Warts show up in all shapes and sizes. Caused by the human papilloma virus (HPV), they are exceedingly contagious and while they can show up in anybody of all ages, they will probably trouble children and teenagers.
About all warts are harmless however once they appear on conspicuous places such as the face or hands, most individuals will do almost anything to dispose of them.
Warts are frequently seen as simply a minor nuisance – to expel the wart is to evacuate the issue. Yet, is this totally genuine? No, say homeopaths.
Their presence on top of the skin warns of a more profound weakness or susceptibility that allows them to proceed and flourish. While expelling the wart creates a sans blemish skin, it does nothing to right this fundamental weakness – the person is still defenseless against future medical issues.
Homeopathic Remedies For Warts-
At the point when using homeopathy for warts, great results are accomplished when the cure corresponds to the characteristics of the person as well as the shape and appearance of the wart.
On account of that, three remedies are prescribed more regularly than whatever other – Antimonium crudum (Ant-c.), Nitricum acidum (Nit-air conditioning.) and Thuja occidentalis (Thuj.) (under strict supervision of the experts). Perused on for the descriptions of these three and other regular wart remedies.
- Antimonium crudum (Ant-c.) (under strict supervision of the experts): Hard, smooth warts that frequently show up in groups. Crabbiness and a thickly covered white tongue also suggest the requirement for this cure. The person may also gorge and have various complaints regarding the digestion problem.
- Calcarea carbonica (Calc.) (under strict supervision of the experts): Round, hard, solitary warts. Frequently useful for endophytic warts that have a horny divider surrounding a focal depression. Shown in individuals with sticky hands and feet who incline toward routine and the well known as opposed to change and the obscure.
At long last, a Warning About Warts
Some skin cancers such as squalors cell carcinomas appear to be similar to warts so it is critical to get a firm diagnosis if there is any uncertainty.
In case genital warts are present it is also imperative for ladies to have a PAP smear to watch that pre-cancerous changes have not occurred on the cervix.
Educating yourself is very important, especially when it is about your health. Every year, thousands of people suffer from the burden of unwanted pregnancies; fatal sexually transmitted infections (STI) including H.I.V, all due to the lack of proper knowledge about the practice of protected sex. The only effective way to control the consequences, which are attached with unsafe sex is by introducing sex education on a large scale. It is important to educate the masses, especially the youth, about safe sex to protect them from the dangers, which arise from lack of knowledge about sex.
The following are the benefits of Sex education:
- Precaution against unwanted consequences: When people are provided with proper sex education, chances of them indulging in unsafe sexual practices decrease as they become more careful and aware.
- Ability to tell facts from fiction: In the era of information overload, the youth tend to get carried away by the information they read or see online, most of which are not verified. One of the many benefits of sex education is that people can easily differentiate between facts from myths.
- Positive attitude towards sex: Proper sex education enables the youth to develop a positive attitude towards sex and inculcates a better perception of their bodies. The ones who are extensively educated on the topic of sex tend to shun all sex related misconceptions.
- Informs about the effectiveness and usage of contraception: An important feature of sex education is to impart information about the usage and effectiveness of various methods of contraception. The benefit of sex education ensures that an effective method of contraception is adopted to minimize the risks of transmission of sexual diseases and unwanted pregnancies.
- Information about the risks of abortion: Young people often make a mistake by opting for abortion to deal with the problem of unwanted pregnancy. Due to lack of knowledge, they tend to underestimate the risks, which are involved with abortion. Only people who have been informed adequately on the topic of abortion, as a part of sex education, can foretell the dangers associated with it.
Testosterone is an important hormone for men and is responsible for male reproductive health. It reaches a peak during the years of puberty and helps in the development of primary and secondary sexual characters. In boys, it helps to build muscles, deepens voice and boosts the size of penis and testes. Without testosterone, there would be no beards, mustaches or chest hair since it regulates hair in these places. Sperm production falls under testosterone's control too. It plays an important role during later years as well, by maintaining mood, libido, muscle mass, energy, bone density and emotional & physical health. Therefore, it is not surprising that low testosterone can cause a variety of problems in men. Testosterone decline with age is normal. Beginning at about 40 years of age testosterone declines at a rate of 1 -1.5% per year. But, past 50, the decline will be sharper. Apart from this, the Testosterone levels may be lowered at any age by several health conditions, often noticeable by certain symptoms. How to know if you have lowered levels of testosterone? Here are some symptoms that will help you suspect if you may have lower testosterone levels:
- Drop in Energy: Fatigue is one of the common effects of low testosterone. If this happens with you regularly, if you are tired all the time despite good sleep, nutritious food, and no other known medical conditions, consider getting yourself checked for testosterone levels. 2. Change in Sex Life: A sudden drop in your sex drive, sometimes accompanied by problems in erection (erectile dysfunction) is another common symptom of low testosterone. But you should get yourself tested to rule out other conditions, such as heart disease or diabetes, especially if you are over 35 years of age.
- Fuzzy Thinking: Do you sometimes think that your thoughts are a blur? This can be a result of low testosterone. It can make you feel stressed, sad and even depressed, resulting in concentration problems. Low testosterone can also impact your memory.
- Mood Change: Testosterone directly impacts your mood, even leading to extreme sadness or psychological depression. If nothing seems to make you happy, if you are not what you used to be, then visit a doctor.
- Muscle Change: Muscle mass and strength reduces over the years. As testosterone helps build muscle, low levels may be the cause if you witness a sudden drop in muscle mass.
- More Body Fat: If you have been enjoying healthy weight most of your life, but suddenly started gaining weight, it might point towards low testosterone in the body. Also, if you are unable to lose weight even on a healthy diet, consider consulting a doctor.
Many of these signs mirror other health conditions as well. So, one should not jump to conclusions on experiencing these symptoms. If you experience two or more of them, meet a doctor in person and get a medical evaluation. At least, start with an online consultation if you want everything to be private and discreet, and later move on to direct consultation.