Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Owaisi Hospital And Research CentreYour feedback matters!
Any surgery that requires an incision will involve sutures or staples as the last step of the procedure. This helps close the incision and keep out infections. Taking care of your stitches can help limit scarring and discomfort and speed up the healing process. Here are a few things to keep in mind.
- Keep it clean and dry: For the first few days, use a washed wet cloth to clean the incision site. After a few days, you may start washing the area with soap and water unless advised else wise by your doctor. Ensure that you dry the skin thoroughly after washing it. Avoid baths that involve soaking the area in water. Also, avoid swimming. Do not use any powders, lotions, creams, deodorants etc on the wound site.
- Look out for signs of infections: Avoid activities that may involve exposing your wound to dirty water, chemicals, dust etc. This increases your risk of infections. Also look out for signs f infections such as redness, swelling, pus or bleeding, fever or increased pain from the wound. In case you notice such signs, consult your doctor at the earliest.
- Do not scratch: As it heals, your skin is likely to turn itchy. However, refrain from scratching so as to reduce chances of infections. Do not try and pull away from the scab but let it fall off on its own. This will also help limit scarring.
- Limit contact: Avoid wearing tight clothes or anything that sticks to the skin while your wound is healing. Instead have plenty of loose, comfortable clothes easily accessible. Also, do not take part in close contact sports such as football etc until the stitches have healed completely.
- Change your dressing regularly: A dressing should be changed as soon as it gets wet or soaked with blood or other body fluids. Wear clean medical gloves while changing a dressing. When putting on a new dressing do not touch the inside of the dressing or apply any creams on the stitches unless advised so by your doctor. In the case of removable stitches, the doctor will usually remove the stitches after a few days. DO not attempt to pull the stitches out on your own.
- Avoid exposing the wound to sunlight: New skin that forms as the incision heals is very sensitive to sunlight and gets sunburnt very easily. Limiting your exposure to sunlight can help reduce the effects of scarring.
While some scars are negligible, others can mar your beauty. With cosmetic surgery, today, it is easy to remove scars and make them less prominent. Scar revision surgery can range from invasive procedures such as scar excision to non invasive procedures such as cryotherapy, laser therapy and topical silicone therapy. However, none of these have perfect results. The main aim of scar revision surgery is to make the scars blend in as much as possible with the surrounding skin in terms of colour, texture and elevation.
Picking a scar revision procedure is a matter of weighing the pros and cons of each type of procedure and - the cause for dissatisfaction
- functional limitations of the scar and likelihood of functional impairment after surgery
- patient's expectations
- location of the scar
- quality of skin type and surrounding tissue
Scars are formed due to a number of reasons such as acne, cuts, burns, surgery and infection in a wound. Scars created by an over production of collagen are the most difficult to treat. In most cases, a patient requires multiple surgeries for scar revision.
Some of these surgeries are:
Surgical Excision: This procedure is usually performed on large scars that do not respond to medication. Here the surgeon shaves and cuts down scar tissue to minimize the size of the scar.
Laser Surgery: This is used to smoothen the scars with raised or uneven surfaces. It involves the removal of the top layer of skin and tightening of the layer below it.
Z plasty and W plasty: These surgical treatments aim to reduce the visibility of the scar by repositioning them along the natural lines and creases of the skin. All topics that sent after editing should be considered as approved.
Vaginal fungal infection, otherwise called candidiasis, is a typical female condition. Fungal infections are brought on by the growth Candida. This growth is connected with extreme itching, swelling, and irritation. Every fungal infection is distinctive. Therefore, your doctor will recommend a treatment that is best for you. Medicines are by and large decided depending upon the seriousness of the infection.
A particular type of yeast called Candida albicans brings about most of the fungal infections. These fungal infections are effectively treatable. In case you are having repeating infections or issues disposing of an infection with ordinary treatment, then an alternate form of Candida may be the cause. A lab test can tell your doctor which sort of Candida you have. Here are a few ways with which you can deal with vaginal fungal infections:
For simple fungal infections, your specialist will mostly recommend the following treatment(s):
- A one to three-day application of an antifungal cream, balm or tablet Normal antifungal medicines is butoconazole (Gynazole), miconazole (Lotrimin), Monistat, and terconazole (Terazol). These medicines can be either prescribed or available over-the-counter.
- A solitary intake of oral medicine, for example, fluconazole (Diflucan).
- Women with simple fungal infections need to follow up with their specialist to make sure whether the medicine worked. A follow-up will likewise be important if your symptoms return within two months.
Certain types of Candida will not react to simple treatment and will require a more forceful strategy. In case you meet one of the following criteria, your specialist will more likely tell you that your fungal infection is an extreme one.
Conceivable medications for extreme or complicated vaginal fungal infections include:
- 14-day cream, balm, tablet, or suppository vaginal treatment
- A few measures of fluconazole (Diflucan)
- Long-term medicine of fluconazole (Diflucan) that is taken once a week for six weeks.
- Treatment of your sexual partner or use of condoms while having intercourse.
You can treat vaginal fungal infections with regular cures in case that you might want to abstain from taking physician-recommended medicine. These are some mainstream normal cures:
- Tea tree oil cream
- Garlic or boric acid vaginal balms
- Plain yoghurt taken orally or applied into the vagina
Here are some normal strategies for counteractive action:
- Abstain from wearing tight jeans, underwear, tights, or stockings
- Abstain from utilising female antiperspirant or antiperspirant tampons or cushions
- Try not to roam around in wet clothes, particularly swimsuits
- Eat an all around adjusted diet
- Eat yoghurt or eat foods with lactobacillus
- Wear soft clothing, for example, cotton, cloth, or silk
- Abstain from sitting in hot tubs
- Wash clothes in warm water
- Abstain from using hot water bags
- Throw away old underwear as often as possible
Sir, I have get irritated from hairfall. My Age is now 17+. But my hair is falling continuously from 1 year. Please help me sir.
As the name suggests, hair transplant is a surgical procedure in which hair follicles are moved from one body part, the donor site, to a balding part of the body, the recipient site. Male pattern baldness can be primarily treated using this technique. Hair transplantation procedures can be used for restoration of a bald scalp, eyelashes, eyebrows, chest hair, pubic hair, beard hair, and to fill in surgery or accident scars etc.
Procedures of Hair Transplant
Hair transplantation is very different from hair grafting. Modern hair transplantation methods can be used to achieve the natural hair appearance because the original hair orientation can be mimicked. The various procedures involved in hair transplant procedures are-
Pre operative planning: The scalp or the target area of the patient is analysed. Pre-operative folliscopy is carried out to determine the hair density which helps to assess the post-operative results of the transplant. Patients are advised to refrain from taking any sort of medicine prior to the procedure as it might result in intra-operative bleeding thereby causing poor grafting. Patients are also asked to avoid alcohol and smoking because they can have a negative impact on the survival of the grafts.
Harvesting: The procedure for transplant is usually performed undermild sedation of local anaesthesia. The scalp is shampooed thoroughly and then treated with antibacterial agents before the donor scalp is harvested. There are various different hair harvesting techniques, each having its advantages and disadvantages. There are two major ways of extracting donor grafts-
- Strip harvesting- This is usually the most common technique, where the surgeon removes a strip of the skin from the back of the scalp where the hair growth is good. This leaves a thin scar on the donor area. This strip is then grafted to the required balding area of the scalp.
- Follicular unit extraction (FUE)- In this kind of harvesting, individual follicular units consisting of a group of 1 to 4 hairs are removed under local anaesthesia. This is a fairly lengthy procedure but gives natural-looking results.
- Follicular unit transplant- This is the traditional method for hair transplantation in which a strip of hair is extracted and the strip is then dissected in order to separate individual grafts.
- Robotic hair restoration- A robotic hair restoration device is used which utilizes cameras and robotic arms to assist the surgeon in the FUE procedure.
Types of Surgeries
Hair transplant surgery can be of many types including
- Androgenic alopecia- treating permanent hair loss
- Eyebrow transplant
- Frontal lowering of hair- natural high hairlines without any hair loss condition.
In case donor hair numbers are insufficient, body hair transplant can also be used. However, it is very important to assess the natural difference in colour and texture between the body hair and scalp hair.
Although natural hair is versatile and can be twisted, curled, coiled and braided into many different styles, any excessive manipulation can result in a damage to the hair. Aside from the typical hair damage that’s caused by over manipulation, damages to the hair often fall under four major categories. Knowing the type of hair damage that you have will help you to better manage your hair and prevent future hair woes.
Physical Damage: This is the most common type of hair damage. Physical hair damages are man-made hairstyles and manipulations that compromises the strength of the hair. Although ponytails and buns are quick and easy to do, when done too often and too tight, they can cause a strain on the edges of the hair which can result in a receding hairline. Another example of physical damage are braids that are too tight and heavy. Particularly braided hairstyles that are left in for too long and that were not well taken care of during the time they were in the hair. So even though you left your hair alone for a period of 12 weeks, the consequences on the health of your hair might be greater than when it was left loose and conditioned on a regular basis. Another way that the hair gets physically damaged is during detangling and styling. Excessive detangling can result in split ends and eventually, breakage. Therefore, the less you detangle your hair, the more likely it will remain healthy and the less split ends and hair damage you’ll have.
Chemical Damage: One of the reasons is the heat damage that they experienced from straightening their hair. Women with natural hair still undergo chemical treatments every once in a while to help improve the appearance or to change up their hairstyle. Chemical treatments such as bleaching, highlights, and coloring can have serious consequences on the health of the hair if they're not done properly. This is because chemical treatments change the chemical and physical structure of the hair. Also, products with ingredients that dry out the hair can cause excessive tangles and frizziness. This can leave the hair looking dull, dry and feeling brittle. Another culprit of chemical hair damage is heat damage. Heat appliances such as flat irons and blow-dryers removes moisture from the surface of the hair cuticles, resulting in brittle dry hair which now becomes vulnerable to breakage.
Environmental Damage: The condition of the environment that you live in can also help to contribute to the overall health of your hair. Regions with hard water can affect the look, feel and shine of the hair. This is because hard water leaves mineral deposits on the hair which builds up overtime and eventually affects moisture intake into the hair. Therefore, the hair will end up feeling dry, with lots of frizz and tangles. Environmental factors, such as strong sun, wind, cold air, temperature variations and changes in air humidity can also damage the hair. The static and dry winter air can contribute to moisture loss, leaving the hair dry. Also, the constant change from the cold outdoor air to the warm indoor air can cause the cuticle layers of the hair to loose moisture quickly to the atmosphere. Strong winds can also cause your hair to form more tangles, which can be difficult to detangle later on. The hot sun in the summertime can also affect the health of the cuticle layers of the hair. Environmental effects on the hair cannot be avoided, but they can be better managed by the way you adjust your hair regimen to fit the circumstances in your environment.
Nutritional Damage: Although hair is a dead matter, the follicles which the hair grows out of is a living organism which must be well-nourished. Therefore, proper nutrition is needed for the blood veins that carries nutrients to the individual hair follicles. When the body isn’t receiving adequate nutrients, it re-prioritizes the distribution of the nutrients that it receives. This means that vital organs that control life and death will be attended to first, while the least important organs such as the hair follicles will be tended to last. As a result, the condition of the hair health will be compromised. This is why any nutritional deficiency typically shows first in the hair. Also, the growth and appearance of the hair is also affected when a person is under stress, on medication or in a serious health condition. Hair damages that occur as a result of health problems can only be resolved after the body has returned to its healthy state through the use of medication n diet to correct nutritional deficiency. Nutritional deficiency can include low iron levels, low vitamin D levels, low b12 levels, low thyroid hormones and so on.
Although hair damages occur in a variety of ways, the most effective way to keep the hair healthy is by minimizing damages that are in your control, i.e physical and chemical damages. What do you need to make your hair strong?
Take care of these 4 factors always and your hair will always be healthy and shiny
- Low manipulation.
- Scalp health
Those four things seem simple enough, they all add to the overall strength of your hair, and all will lead to maximum length retention over time. Once the hair fall starts it's always advisable to have one single visit to the doctor for an assessment of the health of hair and general well-being.
There is no need to walk around embarrassingly with unwanted lip and chin hair, or to endure your sweaty hairy underarms. There is also no need to painfully and repeatedly wax, thread and pluck your hair lifelong. Permanent laser hair reduction provides a painless solution to these annoying problems. Lasers use focused beams of light which specifically target and destroy hair roots without harming the skin or any other tissues.
Hair can easily and permanently be removed from any part of the body, but most females opt for removal of unwanted hair from the lip, chin, underarms, bikini line, arms and legs . Many males like a clean hairless chest and also a clean back and permanent hair removal with lasers provides them with a fast and safe option.
How do lasers work?
A theory formulated by a number of doctors at the famous Harvard Medical School, called Selective Photo-thermolysis (SPTL) is applied for hair reduction. A variety of parameters like hair thickness, depth of hair roots and skin colour, etc. are considered for calculating the appropriate wavelength and pulse duration of light which will specifically match the targeted hair roots. This laser light is absorbed by the pigment in the follicles, thus destroying the hair roots. No regrowth of hair is expected once the hair roots are completely gone.
Benefits of laser hair removal
- Permanent: Unlike shaving, waxing, plucking or threading where you repeat the process lifelong, laser hair removal requires only about 4-6 monthly sessions and then you are set for life.
- Precision: Laser can precisely pinpoint the selective dark and coarse hair without causing any damage to the surrounding tissues. Speed: Within a fraction of a second, the pulsed light of a laser can simultaneously treat many hair follicles. It can treat small areas such as the upper lip within a minute, whereas it can take about 1/2 hour to treat the back or the legs.
- Effectiveness: The unwanted hair follicles are removed permanently during sessions at intervals of three to seven weeks.
How to prepare for it?
Lasers should generally be performed under supervision of qualified dermatologists who also have additional specialised qualifications and understanding of laser physics. It is always best to meticulously check the track record of the doctor and the technicians performing these procedures. Six weeks prior to the laser hair reduction procedure, you need to stop waxing, plucking and electrolysis. Avoid a tan six weeks prior to treatment since it is difficult for laser light to pass through pigmented skin.
Prior to the treatment, the targeted hairs will be trimmed to a few millimeters above the surface of your skin. Your dermatologist will adjust the laser parameters using the onboard computer to exactly match the targeted hair roots. For protecting the outer layers of your skin, a cold gel is applied. Painless pulses of light are then applied to the target areas till the complete desired area is treated. For the chin or underarms, this requires just a couple of minutes. You may feel a bit of warmth when light touches your skin but this is not uncomfortable. Ice packs are applied after the procedure to sooth your skin. The next session is taken up normally after two to four weeks.
Potential side effects
- Irritation of skin associated with redness, swelling or discomfort, which subside within a few hours of the treatment.
- Temporary pigmentary changes may be observed, such as darkening or lightening.
- Underlying hormonal issues can be a cause for unsatisfactory improvement and this should be checked by your gynaecologist or endocrinologist.
Hi Sir, my age 19 sir me black hu Kya ap mujhe koi gora hone wali medicine bata sakte hai please help me sir.
Hi, I am 34 year old 5 years ago I was handsome good looking. And I got married on 29th may 2015 after then issues with my wife and I lost hair my weight got decreased, dark mess in my skin and in august 2017 I met with Dengue and my platelets Comes to 10k and in hospitalised after then 3 days in icu after then when come out. After the My energy levels are completely down and I am taking good food but still I am not active. Can you please suggest me what should I do what precaution I have to take to increase my hair and healthy. Give the solution for my dark skin and my energy levels. Still my issue are Going on with my wife.
Hi sir, I need a small clarification regarding scar ointment to apply on my forehead due to 6 stitches on my forehead and it was removed, and please advise me to use which ointment to change that scar into skin colour.
I am from suffering hair loss. I have androgenic alopecia! I took treatment for 2 years! Nothing was changed .can I go for laser hair treatment?
The sudden change in the looks, color or texture of the skin indicates the skin diseases. This can result in swelling, chapping, itching, blistering etc. that can or can’t accompany with pain. The skin disorder may be localized on the specific part or may spread to the whole body; this disease is known as Atopic Dermatitis. The discomfort or pain of this disease also creates an awkward condition with looks. Many skin diseases like pimples, eczema, rashes, and fungal infections along with Atopic Dermatitis much more are commonly found in the people. Measles, rubella, roseola, chicken pox these are common skin diseases found in children. In some conditions, the blistered and inflamed skin can be very painful and the virus infection can continue to chickenpox.
The factors causing Atopic Dermatitis are as wide ranging as the kinds of diseases it. The Atopic Dermatitis can be caused due to heat, immune system weakness, infections, medications, and allergy with chemicals like rubber, cosmetics, detergents, soaps, dyes, etc.
Even the skin type and the various alcohols based or infrequent shampooing is also responsible for the skin problems. Some uncontrolled factors like aging, fatigue, weather and fatigue can often develop skin diseases gradually.
Many healthcare systems are available and assure the treatment for Atopic Dermatitis but they can only reduce the symptoms of the problem, whereas homeopathy treatment provides complete cure from the all the symptoms. Homeopathy remedies directly target the deep root cause of Atopic Dermatitis and remove them with the constant use of prescribed medicines. Homoeopathy treatment for Atopic Dermatitis is safer and successful as compared to other healthcare systems. The naturally extracted homeopathy remedies are side effect less and help people to escape from the crucial symptoms of this disease. Homoeopathy treatment and medicine for Atopic Dermatitis initiate the process from taking the case studies to know the hidden root cause of the diseases. The expert physician suggests the Best homeopathy medicine for Atopic Dermatitis to recover permanently. This is a cost effective system and assures the prevention of recurrence as well.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!