8. Individuals taking certain kinds of eye drop that have the danger of building up a retinal separation. Pilocarpine, which for a long time was a pillar of treatment for glaucoma, has for quite some time been used for retinal separation.
9. People with incessant irritation of the eye (uveitis) are at a greater danger of suffering from retinal detachment.
10. Cross section degeneration of the retina is a kind of diminishing of the outside edges of the retina, which happens in 7% to 10% of the overall public.">
Retinal detachment is a condition in which a layer of tissue called the retina gets lifted or pulled far from its initial position in the eye. This can cause a number of symptoms including slight vision impairment and blurred vision as well as pain. The retina is a light sensitive part that can be found in the rear portion of the eye. This part is responsible for sending visual signals to the brain which helps in forming the images that we see when we set our eyes on an object. If a person with this problem is not treated immediately, he or she can suffer from permanent vision loss.
Risks: You are more prone to retinal detachment if you:
- Have had injury (damage or blow) specifically to the eye
- Have as of now had a separation in one eye, then there is an improved probability of a separation in the other eye.
- Have a family history of retinal separation.
- Have weak eye-sight
Here are 10 facts that one needs to know about retinal detachment:
- Once in a while little ranges of the retina get torn. These are called retinal tears or retinal breaks. These can cause retinal separation.
- Obtuse injury, as from a tennis ball or damage by a sharp object in the eye can prompt retinal dysfunction.
- A family history of a disconnected retina that is hereditary could be one of the reasons for this disorder.
- The second eye of a patient with a retinal separation must be inspected by an ophthalmologist immediately.
- High astigmatism builds the danger of a retinal detachment. The danger increases to 2.4% when compared with a 0.06% danger for a defected eye at 60 years of age.
- In the event that you have lost vision in one eye because of a detachment, it can in some cases take a couple of months to get used to seeing with just the one normal eye.
- Laser surgery: Laser surgery can treat little openings and tears in this part of the eye. Little smolders are made around the opening to "weld" the retina once more into the right spot. It is performed in the eye specialist's clinic.
- Individuals taking certain kinds of eye drop that have the danger of building up a retinal separation. Pilocarpine, which for a long time was a pillar of treatment for glaucoma, has for quite some time been used for retinal separation.
- People with incessant irritation of the eye (uveitis) are at a greater danger of suffering from retinal detachment.
- Cross section degeneration of the retina is a kind of diminishing of the outside edges of the retina, which happens in 7% to 10% of the overall public.
Minimum age for lasik surgery. Limitation of the Surfer. Power of eye upto which this Surgery is useful.
I have a very bad headache. Specially behind my eyes/forehead. Pain starts just after recovering from bad cold. Pain is worse with sudden movements of the head and bending forward. Sometimes pain is so intense that I can't do anything, even blinking my eyes become tough. I took medicine after consulting many doctors but no improvement. Please suggest me what I should do.
I am 24 years old I have specs rt 1.25 n lft 0.75,due to over use of cell my number becm this. First I had 0.25 each, how cn I reduce my spec NUMBER. Now days I being addicted to smartphone my eye pain a bit, if current goes off n I am in full dark it takes few sec fr me to adjust with the surrounding is this normal or serious, now days when I rotate my eyes I feel they have bcm bit dry or like wen I close my eyes n try to move eyes it bit gives paining sensation. Help me.
She has problem in her eye leaf. Its getting dark automatic. She sleeps at 11. 15 am average and awake at 4.30 am daily. Under eyes darkness is normal. But she gets huge darkness in both eyes leaf. Is there any solution?
Sir, I always have pain in the right portion of head including right and sometimes it changes to left head including left eye. And sometimes pressure behind both eyes with headache in Forehead and temples. Dnt feel well. I spend too much time before PC and Mobile. Have Anxiety and Cervical Spondylitis. Vertigo is always present from evening. What is the of these headaches and pressure behind eyes and also vertigo? Pls give me the solution sir.
Dear Dr. Kindly let me know the treatment for Chalazion a small lump in my left eyelid. This is 3 month old.
I have an eyesight wit point of 9.00&6.5.wearing glasses from past 6 years. But the sight doesn't remain constant. Now am thinking to get laser treatment. So is it a good option for me. And I had an injury in the eye at the age of 4 years. So what's your advice.
Dear doctor, Some time I feel my eye burning and restless eyes, can you please suggest me any regular eye drops.
I have cataract in my left eye. Can eye exercise help in clearing cataract without operation? When is the optimum time to get a cataract operated? Will my right eye also get affected by cataract in future?
When I was viewing an object like bulb or cfl the image of light was viewing for a long time even I am not continue looking the object and also feeling of pain in both of my eyes.
I am diabetic so my number changes frequently ,is polarized magnetic vision sunglasses r suitable for me n r tonic lens r good for diabetics please guide tq.
LASIK is a corrective eye surgery that aims at repairing the vision impairment. It is known as laser in situ keratomileusis. This surgery is typically used to fix nearsightedness, farsightedness and even astigmatism.
So can this surgery help in removing your spectacles and giving you crystal clear vision? Let us find out!
- Definition: The LASIK procedure basically works towards reshaping the cornea, which is the clear portion that coats the eye. This is responsible for proper travel of light to the retina where it must focus in an appropriate manner so as to reach the back of eye.
- Corrective Technique: With its cornea reshaping technique, this procedure is effective in correcting vision and removing spectacles for at least 96% of the patients who go through this treatment.
- Convenient: The LASIK surgery is a highly convenient one that hardly creates any pain. Numbing drops are used to minimise the pain that may be felt during the procedure. Also, the time taken for the correction is very little with most procedures commencing within a day or two. Further, this procedure does not require any bandages or stitches and usually works with a powerful laser beam.
- Eyeglass Dependence Reduction: Most patients have a dramatic improvement in the quality of their vision and do not require glasses, while other patients usually have a reduced dependence on eyeglasses once the surgery is done.
- Preparing for the Surgery: To prepare for the surgery, it is imperative to meet and coordinate the details with the eye specialist of the ophthalmologist who will examine your eye carefully and seek to determine the risk of any kind of side effect. Also, the doctor will ask specific questions regarding the medical history of the patient before conducting the surgery. As a part of the preparation, the doctor will also take measurements of the corneal thickness and other such factors like refraction, corneal mapping, pupil dilation and air pressure, so as to carry out the surgery in the most effective manner. Do not wear your contact lenses for at least three weeks before this evaluation so as to get the correct reading which will make the surgery much more effective due to the correct settings applied to the pulses.
- Procedure: During the procedure, an instrument known as a microkeratome laser will be used to lift the flap of the cornea which will be peeled back while the corneal tissue is reshaped. Then the cornea flap will be put back in its position.
Remember to be prepared for some amount of dryness in the eyes once the surgery is over. Talk to your doctor about other side effects.
I am not feeling well throughout the day, feeling sleepy, headache ,burning eyes .after sleeping in afternoon feeling little bit fine .so pls tell what can I do for this problem ?pls give suggestions.
A person is said to have great vision more in the metaphorical way than in the literal sense. However, having both is just so important, especially as the ability to see reduces as a person gets older. Old age comes with its own set of problems, and vision loss is one of them. If kept in check from an early age, however, vision loss can be deferred indefinitely.
While a person's eyesight is likely to deteriorate over the course of his life, there is a lot which can be done in an effort to make sure that this is not the case. To start with, it makes good sense to be regular with eye check-ups. After a person attains the age of sixty, he or she should have a doctor take a look at his or her eyes on a yearly basis. There is no point trying to conserve eye sight if a person is too late in taking corrective action. By paying a visit to the ophthalmologist, a person will get to know the exact problem that he is suffering from.
A good diet which is rich in the nutrients which improve a person's eye sight does go a very long way in the long run. A person should make sure that is diverse enough to take care of the needs of a person and should include grapefruit, strawberries as well as berries and nuts.
One of the main things which can be done in order to preserve the health of a person's eyes until he or she reaches an advanced age is to stop smoking in all forms. As a matter of fact, tobacco leads to cyanide entering the blood stream and this does a lot of damage to the eyes. In fact, quite a few irreversible conditions of the eye are caused due to this.
Exercise is said to be good for a person at any age for a variety of reasons and it is really good for even the eyes, though the link may not be immediately so clear. It reduces the risk of age related degeneration by up to 70 per cent!
What is really interesting about a person's eyes is that they can be signs of trouble in other parts of the body. For example, if a person has blurry vision, they should get checked for diabetes. Also, eyes which do not produce enough natural lubrication can show a risk of rheumatoid arthritis and perhaps even thyroid disease.
All in all, a person's eyesight is so crucial to his or her overall health and wellbeing. We have only one pair of eyes, so we might as well take care of them!
I have applied veet (hair removal) for eye brows and forehead. Now it has swelled hugely so kindly tell the remedy for that swelling part.
I WANT to do laser operation for eyes is it good or danger, also say me how it is treated is there any pain.
I have a mild deutranopia and im in interior designing. I need to find a fix for it because it causes me very little problems between brown and red.
My name is Imran and I have facing eye dryness problem and headache on my head and can't observe sunlight Can you please diagnose?
Lazy eye or amblyopia is a childhood disorder wherein the child’s vision does not develop properly, especially in one of the eyes. If the condition is not treated at the very onset, it can lead to impaired vision in the concerned eye. As the child grows up, the brain will fail to pick up images from that eye.
This disorder is known to start when one eye has better vision than the other eye. An example would be if one of the eyes is affected by farsightedness (unable to see objects at a closer range) and the other is normal. In the case of a child, when the brain receives images from both the eyes, it will ignore the faulty eye’s image. When this situation repeats itself over months or years, it might lead to absolute deterioration of vision in the faulty eye.
Strabismus is another cause of amblyopia wherein there is a significant misalignment in the eye; one of the eyes may turn outward or inward. This does not allow the eye to focus properly on an object, thus leading to double vision. The brain again ignores the image from the faulty eye that causes vision deterioration in that eye.
The treatment begins by correcting problems in the affected eye and then putting a patch on the normal eye. Initially, the child may have difficulties adjusting to this new method, but bear in mind that it is absolutely necessary to wear the patch. The entire treatment process may range over a few weeks to even months. Regular visit to the doctor is of utmost importance.
In mild cases, an eye drop called ‘atropine’ may be prescribed for the good eye. The child may also require glasses to improve focus. In case of cataracts, a surgery might be needed to treat it.
The treatment should begin early, as it can get difficult to treat the condition once the child crosses his/her 7-8 year mark.