Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Medi Veda ClinicYour feedback matters!
Lybrate | Dr S R Sengupta speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
Lybrate | Dr. Sanjeev Arora speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
Lybrate | Dr. Sk. Masud Hussen speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
Lybrate | Dr. Rajat Kandhari speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
Lybrate | Dr. Tariq Iqbal speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
Lybrate | Dr. Nilam Kothari speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
Lybrate | Dr. Swapan Kumar Pal speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
One of the most common health problems people have is indigestion. As per ayurveda, the accumulation of Ama or toxins leads to an imbalance in the way the small and large intestines functions along with various other participating organs like the liver and more. And this is the rootcause for indigestion.
The digestive tract or system is one of the most important organs of the body. Ayurveda relies on the rhythms and functions of the body to find the rootcause of ailments. Indigestion usually occurs because of bad daily habits & less physical activity.
There are many ways to treat to indigestion in an ayurvedic way. Let us look at the top tips for the same:
- Timely intake of meals: For better digestion, one must take meals at the same time everyday. Also, do not sit down for the next meal before the previous meal has been digested properly.
- Sleep: Sleep is a major factor that cure stress and creates a balance of sorts in one's routine, thus aiding proper digestion.
- Exercise: Some form of movement and exercise is imperative to keep the digestive system in prime working condition. Walk and yoga especially are ideal to boost one's digestive health.
- Aloe vera: An ounce of aloe vera a day will keep indigestion away. Break off, a leaf and scoop some gel into a smoothie for smooth digestion.
- Turmeric: Haldi or turmeric helps in reducing bloating and is one of the most commonly used spices found in ayurveda. This spice is a staple in indian cooking as well, where pretty much all dishes are seasoned with cooked turmeric.
- Meditation: This is one of the best ways to give digestion a positive push with a good dose of mindfulness and awareness for better balance in the body.
- Avoiding unhealthy food: One must avoid unhealthy food that are excessively fried, fatty, sweet or cold so as to aid the digestive fires in doing their job effectively.
- Triphala: This combination of three fruits ensures that your digestive system remains in good working condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Depression is a mental state which is not easily identified in its early stages; it is evident only when the symptoms become obvious. You may overlook it as a passing phase, and assume it to be normal. The people around you may also get used to the symptoms and accommodate accordingly. This can make the identification of depression even more complicated. Homeopathic treatments are entirely natural and do not carry any side effects. They are holistic treatments that get rid of the cause instead of just treating the symptoms of depression. The various homeopathic remedies for depression are:
- For anxiety related depression: Aconite is a homeopathic remedy that is used in the treatment of anxiety. The symptoms that it is used to treat are the ones, which occur suddenly and make you extremely pessimistic. For acute panic attacks, this medicine is very effective. Some other medicines that are also used to treat anxiety are Argentum Nitricum and Arsenic album.
- For depression in teenagers: Kali phos is a very effective homeopathic remedy for treating depression in teenagers, the causes of which are usually hormonal changes and high levels of stress. In some cases, depression may also be triggered by genetic factors. Ignatia is also used to treat depression in teenagers.
- Stress related depression: Kali phos is used to treat stress-related depression. It also helps in treating fatigue with homeopathy.
- Insomnia that results from depression: To remedy insomnia resulting from depression, you can opt for Kali Phos and Coffea Cruda.
- Severe depression: If the symptoms of depression are very severe and include suicidal tendencies, Aurum Metallicum may be recommended.
- Depression resulting from menopause: It is common for a woman to undergo a phase(s) of depression during menopause. The homeopathic remedies that are used in the treatment of this condition are Lachesis and sepia.
- Seasonal affective disorder: This type of disorder usually occurs during the winter season. The treatment for this disorder is prescribed after a proper diagnosis of the symptoms. Ignatia is a remedy that is usually recommended. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Defined as hard and small mineral deposits that develop inside your kidney, kidney stones are made up of acid salts and minerals. The causes of this disease are not well-defined, although risk factors include drinking very little amounts of water and having a diet rich in sodium, protein and oxalate (chocolate and green leafy foods for example). However, knowing the type of kidney stone you suffer from can help ascertain the cause.
Here are the common types of kidney stones.
- Struvite stones: This type of kidney stone is usually a response to certain kind of infection, such as a urinary tract infection for example. Characterised by rapid growth and a large size, struvite stones can develop without any warning signs.
- Calcium stones: These are the most common type and are caused by a diet rich in oxalate. Risk factors for calcium stones include a diet consisting of plenty of nuts, chocolates and certain fruits and vegetables; metabolic disorders, high doses of vitamin d and intestinal bypass surgery, all of which can increase the amounts of calcium or oxalate in your urine, indicating the development of kidney stones.
- Cystine stones: Those individuals with a hereditary disorder that causes their kidneys to produce certain amino acids (cystinuria to be precise) in excess are most likely to get cystine stones.
- Uric acid stones: These are common in those whose diets are lacking in water or those who suffer from the excess fluid loss. People with a high protein diet and those who suffer from gout are also at risk. Genetic factors play a major role as well in increasing your risk of getting uric acid stones.
Apart from these, there are other rarer types of kidney stones that can also arise depending on a combination of an individual's lifestyle and genetic make-up.
However, to determine whether you're suffering from any of the aforementioned types of kidney stones, you must first know its common symptoms, which are:
- Excruciating pain in your sides, and back, especially below your ribs
- Feelings of pain in the groin and the lower parts of your abdomen
- Intense and fluctuating pain that comes and goes in waves
- Pain while urinating
- Urine that is red, brown or pink in colour
- Urine that's cloudy or has a foul odour
- Vomiting and nausea
- Constant urge to urinate
- Increased frequency of urination
- Urinating in small amounts
- Chills and fever in case of an infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Nephrologist.
Renal stone or kidney stone is the most common problem that is found in different people these days. It is mainly a hard mass that accumulates either in one or both the kidneys that can cause pain and another discomfort. Renal stones are classified into two types and these are:
- Calcium Stones and
- Uric Acid Stones.
Symptoms Of Renal Stone
Many times pain in the lower section of the stomach can be due to many reasons such as acidity, but long term pain can be considered as a symptom of renal stone. This happens when the stone moves from the kidney to the urinary tract or also when the stones grow. Some other symptoms apart from the pain are:
- The colour of the urine is turned into red or brown as it contains blood,
- The urge of urination increases,
- Nausea and Vomiting at times.
Causes Of Renal Stone
The medical term used for the renal stone is renal calculi or urolithiasis or nephrolithiasis. The problem can occur due to a number of reasons and a few among them are:
- Increased calcium amount in the body,
- Genetic factor,
- Disease or infection in the kidney or the urinary,
- Consumption of alcohol and also some oxalate food items,
- Diseases such as high blood pressure, hypercalciuria or gout,
- Inflammatory disease of intestine and stomach,
- Side effects of wrong medication.
Home Remedies By Ayurveda For Curing Renal Stone
There are some of the home remedies available that are suggested by the Ayurveda:
- Treating Renal Stone With Kidney Beans
- Add 4 litres of water to 60 grams of kidney beans.
- Now heat the mixture for about 4-5 hours.
- Now strain the mixture through a muslin cloth into a container.
- Keep the fluid aside to cool down.
- After the fluid cools down completely, start drinking one glass of the fluid every 2 hours.
- Make sure that the fluid should be consumed within 24 hours.
- Do this for a week time.
- Treating Renal Stone With Basil Leaves And Honey
- Crush about 10-15 basil leaves and make a paste of it.
- Take out the juice of about 1 tablespoon of the paste.
- Now add one teaspoon honey to the juice and mix them well.
- Consume this mixture every day once.
- Treating Renal Stone With Pomegranate Seeds And Horse Gram
- Add about half litre water to 1 cup horse gram.
- Now heat it till the water comes down to about 1/5th and then strain the liquid.
- Crush some pomegranate seeds and add about 2 tablespoons to the liquid.
- Drink this mixture daily.
- Apart from these remedies, drinking apple juice regularly and doing regular exercise also helps in getting rid of renal stone. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Lybrate | Dr. S P Ghosh speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
The word "Spearmint" probably reminds you of your favorite chewing gum. However, this special type of mint and has far reaching benefits than just a gum, some known and some unknown. Its value lies in its leaves that are used in many cultures as a part of daily recipes. Apart from that, the leaves are used to prepare a host of products such as toothpaste and mouthwash. They are also used medicinally and are one of the predominant medicines used in Ayurveda. Let us look at some of the benefits of using Spearmint.
Health benefits of spearmint
- Antibacterial Capacity: The natural antibacterial and antimicrobial properties of the spearmint can be beneficial in protecting your gums and teeth from cavities. Apart from that, they also take care of your bad breath and dental damages.
- Respiratory Health: Spearmint has a significant impact on the overall health of your respiratory system. It has anti-inflammatory qualities and can relieve sore throats and chest tightness. They are also used in some asthma medicines to ease out the congestion and assist in the breathing process.
- Digestion: If you are facing stomach upset frequently, look no further than spearmint. It is beneficial for digestion and can be great for the overall health of your digestive system. It is also helpful during pregnancy and can prevent morning sickness, nausea, and vomiting. It also minimizes cramping and bloating.
- Hormonal Balance: For people who are suffering from polycystic ovary syndrome or other forms of hormonal imbalance, having spearmint juices can reduce the symptoms. The juice stimulates the endocrine system and prevents complicated metabolic side effects.
- Blood Circulation: Spearmint leaves and juices can also prevent anemia and can be beneficial for proper blood circulation. They also greatly stimulate the production of red blood cells and hemoglobin. Spearmint leaves can also be beneficial in maintaining the pH levels of your skin and blood.
- Heart Health: Spearmint effectively maintains a healthy blood pressure and relieves the pressure on your arteries. They are also beneficial in controlling your cardiovascular symptoms and relieve the stress on your blood vessels and arteries.
- Stress Relief: Menthol, which one of the most powerful ingredients in spearmint, has a soothing and calming effect on your overall health. It also acts a mild sedative in some cases. Take a cup of hot spearmint tea in case you need a calming effect on your body. It can also significantly reduce the stress levels and can stimulate your nervous system effectively.
चेहरे की देखभाल की बात करें तो हमारे होंठ अक्सर अनदेखे रह जाते हैं। हमारा ध्यान इनकी ओर तभी जाता है, जब ये बदरंग होने या फटने लगते हैं। इसमें कोई शक नहीं कि् प्राकृति क रूप से गुलाबी होंठ किसी की भी खूबसूरती में चार-चांद लगा सकते हैं। जरूरी नहीं किय ये बात लड़किरयों पर ही लागू हो। स्वस्थ और खूबसरत होंठ लड़कों का आकर्षण भी बढ़ाते हैं। हालांकिि सबके होंठ प्राकृति क रूप से खूबसूरत और गुलाबी नहीं होते लेकिन देखरेख और कुछ घरेलू उपाय करके हम इनके आकर्षण को बढ़ा सकते हैं।
होंठ हमारे चेहरे का बेहद सेंसिटिव हिस्सा होते हैं। जरा सी लापरवाही का असर, इन पर दिखाई देने लगता है। अगर आपकी त्वचा रूखी है, तो आपके होंठों को और भी देखभाल की जरूरत है।
होंठ काले पड़ने की वजह
कुछ लोगों के होठों का रंग प्राकृति क रूप से गहरा होता है, जबकिअ कुछ लोगों के होंठ समय के साथ देखभाल के अभाव या बीमारी के चलते भी काले पड़ने लगते हैं। सूरज की रोशनी में ज्यादा देर तक रहना, तंबाकू या सिगरेट का सेवन, एलर्जी, खराब क्वालिटी के कॉस्मेटिक्स का इस्तेमाल, निकोटीन और कैफीन का ज्यादा मात्रा में सेवन, पोषण की कमी और हारमोन असंतुलन की वजह से भी होंठ काले पड़ सकते हैं। बेहतर होगा हम पहले से ही सतर्क रहें, और होंठ काले होने की सही वजह पता लगाकर उस पर ध्यान दें। इसके अलावा कुछ घरेलू उपाय आजमा कर भी आपके होंठों की रंगत काफी हद तक सुधर सकती हैं। होठों की रंगत सुधारने की ये प्रक्रिया थोड़ा वक्त जरूर ले सकती है, लेकिन यकीन रखें किं सब्र का फल जरूर मीठा होगा।
1. सबसे पहले तो अपनी दिनचर्या में पर्याप्त मात्रा में पानी शामिल करें, क्योंकि् होंठ गुलाबी होने पर अगर फटे हैं, तो ये जरा भी आकर्षक नहीं दिखेंगे। होंठ संवेदनशील होते हैं और नमी की कमी का असर इन पर सीधा दिखाई देता है। इसलि ए पर्याप्त मात्रा में पानी पीकर इनकी देखभाल की शुरुआत की जा सकती है।
2. होठों पर ग्लिसरीन, नीबू और गुलाब जल का मिश्रण रात में लगाकर सोएं आपको धीरे-धीरे इसका असर दिखना शुरू हो जाएगा।
3. होंठों का कालापन दूर करने के लि्ए गुलाब जल, नीबू की बराबर मात्रा दही में मिलाकर लगाने से भी होठों की रंगत सुधरती है।
4. मलाई में नीबू मिलाकर इसमें शक्कर मिलाएं और इसको स्क्रब के तौर पर इस्तेमाल करें। होंठ धीरे-धीरे गुलाबी होने लगेंगे।
5. ग्लिसरीन में केसर, गुलाब जल और नींबू मिलाकर लगाने से भी होंठ गुलाबी होते हैं।
6. रात में हमेशा मेकअप हटाकर सोएं। होंठों पर लिपस्टिक लगी न छोड़ें। सुबह ब्रश करते वक्त टूथब्रश को होठों पर रगड़ें, इससे मृत त्वचा निकल जाएगी।
7. गुलाब में कई गुण होते हैं। गुलाब की पत्तिियों को पीसकर, इसके रस को शहद में मिलाकर होठों पर लगाने से होठ गुलाबी होते हैं।
8. गुलाब की पत्तिेयों को दूध में भिगोकर रखें। एक घंटे बाद इसका पेस्ट बना लें। इस पेस्ट को दिन में दो-तीन बार होठों पर लगाएं।
9. चीनी, शहद और नारियल का तेल मिलाकर रात के समय होंठों पर लगाकर सोने से होंठों की रंगत गुलाबी होती है।
10. खाने में चुकंदर, टमाटर और तरबूज सहित पोषक तत्वों का इस्तेमाल करें।
11. हल्दी में दूध मिलाकर लगाने से होंठों का कालापन दूर होता है।
12. होंठों पर शुद्ध देसी घी लगाकर सोने से होंठ नरम और गुलाबी होते हैं।
13. नाभि में सरसों का तेल लगाकर सोने से होंठों की रंगत गुलाबी होती है।
14. अनार के दानों को पीस लें। इस पेस्ट में मलाई मिलाकर फ्रिज में रख दें। इसे एक हफ्ते तक होंठों पर कई बार लगाएं।
15. विटमिन ई कैपसूल को होंठों पर आधे घंटे तक लगा रहने दें। इसके बाद टिश्यू पेपर से छुड़ाकर लिप बाम लगा लें।
16. मलाई में टमाटर का रस मिलाकर लगाने से भी होंठ गुलाबी होते हैं।
17. चुकंदर के टुकड़े को काटकर होठों पर मलने से होंठ का रंग गुलाबी होता है। आप चुकंदर का जूस पिएं, तो ये और भी फायदेमंद होगा।
18. 1 चम्मच जैतून के तेल में, 1 चम्मच शक्कर मिलाकर रख लें और इस मिश्रण को होंठों पर कुछ देर तक मलें। साफ कपड़े से पोंछकर नारियल का तेल या देशी घी होंठों पर लगा लें। ये प्रक्रिया हफ्ते में दो बार करें।
19. एलोविरा जेल और चुकंदर का पाउडर मिलाकर रखें। इसे सोते वक्त होठों पर लगाएं।
What is failure to thrive?
Children are diagnosed with failure to thrive when their weight or rate of weight gain is significantly below that of other children of similar age and sex. Infants or children that fail to thrive seem to be dramatically smaller or shorter than other children the same age. Teenagers may have short stature or appear to lack the usual changes that occur at puberty. However, there is a wide variation in what is considered normal growth and development.
In general, the rate of change in weight and height may be more important than the actual measurements.
Infants or children who fail to thrive have a height, weight and head circumference that do not match standard growth charts. The person's weight falls lower than the third percentile (as outlined in standard growth charts) or 20 percent below the ideal weight for their height. Growing may have slowed or stopped after a previously established growth curve.
The following are delayed or slow to develop:
- Physical skills, such as rolling over, sitting, standing and walking
- Mental and social skills
- Secondary sexual characteristics (delayed in adolescents)
It is important to determine whether failure to thrive results from medical problems or factors in the environment, such as abuse or neglect.
There are multiple medical causes of failure to thrive. These include:
- Chromosome abnormalities, such as Down syndrome and Turner syndrome
- Defects in major organ systems
- Problems with the endocrine system, such as thyroid hormone deficiency, growth hormone deficiency or other hormone deficiencies
- Damage to the brain or central nervous system, which may cause feeding difficulties in an infant
- Heart or lung problems, which can affect how oxygen and nutrients move through the body
- Anemia or other blood disorders
- Gastrointestinal problems that result in malabsorption or a lack of digestive enzymes
- Long-term gastroenteritis and gastroesophageal reflux (usually temporary)
Long-term (chronic) infections
Complications of pregnancy and low birth weight
Other factors that may lead to failure to thrive:
- Emotional deprivation as a result of parental withdrawal, rejection or hostility
- Economic problems that affect nutrition, living conditions and parental attitudes
- Exposure to infections, parasites or toxins
- Poor eating habits, such as eating in front of the television and not having formal meal times
- Many times the cause cannot be determined.
The treatment depends on the cause of the delayed growth and development. Delayed growth due to nutritional factors can be resolved by educating the parents to provide a well-balanced diet.
If psychosocial factors are involved, treatment should include improving the family dynamics and living conditions. Parental attitudes and behavior may contribute to a child's problems and need to be examined. In many cases, a child may need to be hospitalized initially to focus on implementation of a comprehensive medical, behavioral and psychosocial treatment plan.
Do not give your child dietary supplements without consulting your physician first.
I have suffering stomach pain last 3 days & when pain then I urgent go to toilet also I have also bad smell gas & severe aches what is the problem what is d solution?
My sister has been diagnosed with complex ovarian cyst measuring 7*6*6 cm, does it require surgery or it can be cured using medication.
Lybrate | Dr. Arup Ghosh speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
Lybrate | Dr. Ajit Barve speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
Lybrate | Dr. I V Rani speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY