Doctor in Lakshmi ENT Clinic
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Lakshmi ENT ClinicYour feedback matters!
The structure of the ear can be broadly divided into three parts; the outer ear or visible part, the middle ear and the inner ear. The middle ear is highly susceptible to bacterial and viral infections. Ear infections can affect infants, children and adults. Ear infections are triggered by the blockage or swelling of tubes within the ear. These tubes are known as eustachian tubes.
This may be caused by:
- Sinus infections
- Cold or flu
- Excessive mucus
- Swollen adenoids or an adenoid infection
- Change in air pressure
Symptoms of an ear infection may be noticed in one or both ears. These symptoms vary from person to person. In some cases, they may come and go while in others, they can be experienced for a long stretch of time. In most cases, symptoms of a chronic ear infection are less noticeable as compared to an acute ear infection.
Some of the most common ear infection symptoms are:
- Ear pain: In the case of an ear infection in only one ear, the pain may be mild but if it has affected both ears, the patient can be caused considerable pain in the ears. This pain is usually more severe when the patient is lying down.
- Discharge of pus from the ears: Ear infections that affect the eardrum can cause fluid or pus to flow out of the ears. In some cases, there may also be a little bleeding. Do not plug the ears to keep this discharge from flowing as it can aggravate the infection further.
- Loss of hearing: A blockage in the middle ear can make sounds appear muffled. This can temporarily affect hearing. It is usually relieved when the infection is cured.
- Sensation of pressure in the ear canal: The buildup of fluid within the ear canal can make it feel full and create a sense of pressure. If the infection affects only one ear, this pressure can cause a sense of dis-balance.
- Fussiness in young infants: Ear infections can be very painful and uncomfortable for young infants. It can make it difficult for them to sleep, make them cranky and more irritable than usual.
- Fever: Ear infections can cause a fever that is often higher than 100 degrees. If it crosses 102 degrees, a doctor must be consulted immediately.
- Loss of balance: The ears not only help us hear but also influence our sense of balance. A middle ear infection can cause dizziness, vertigo and nausea.
Sinuses are small hollow cavities in the skull, which are connected to each other. The cheeks, the space between the eyes and the nose are where our sinuses are nestled safely. The cavities are normally devoid of any liquid; however, in case of an infection or allergy, the cavities get filled with excess mucus which creates discomfort and pain. With the presence of abundant mucus, our sinus cavities become a breeding ground for bacterial growth. Sinusitis can become a persistent problem for many.
It can occur due to various reasons, however the most common ones are :
- Air pollution
- Bacterial infection
- Weakened immune system
Sinus infections may be ignored as common cold, but it can progress into something more serious. Knowing the following signs can help you call the doctor on time:
- Green or yellow sinus discharge (from the mouth or the nose)
- Unusually intense migraine
- Prolonged cough/blocked nose for over two weeks
- Discomfort and pain in areas between the eyes and throat.
- Facial pressure and congestion
- Pain in the teeth
- Swollen eyes
If 3 or more of these symptoms are experienced by the individual, immediate doctor’s advice is necessary to prevent a more severe condition. To avert sinusitis, there are several preventive measures one can take to mitigate the chances of another infection:
- Abundant intake of vitamin C
- Quitting smoking
- If sinusitis is a recurrent issue for an individual, they are advised to get flu shots at the beginning of the year.
Therefore we see that although sinusitis can be an extremely arduous and painful condition to deal with, it can be overcome by following a healthy lifestyle, consisting of a healthy diet and a regular exercise routine. Congestion can be overcome by maintaining good hygiene as well.
I am a retired 63 old male. Of late I have started getting sore throat with every change of season. Even normally, I have to clear my throat as if there is something stuck in there. Please advise, Thanks,
My son 8 years old suffering from ear ache due to which he can't open his mouth and having fever also since 2 days.
I have sinus and it has been paining just above left eyebrow a lot in afternoon and it's hurts a lot. Please suggest me any natural remedies to solve it soon.
I was felling that my ears were getting hot. I started checking my bp and some times it was 140/85. I went to cardiologist. When he checked my bp it was 134/85. And advised tablet inderal 10 mg. My sugar random was 115, rft 22/0.8, TC 158, TG 166, LDL 120, Hdl 43. Finding of echo as follows:- * No geginoal wall motion abnormality * Concentric LV hypertrophy *LV Diastolic Dysfunction * Normal LV Systolic function (66%). My BP was normal always 120/80 in the morning. But in the evening after coming from office when I Checked my Bp it always remain 135/85 or some times 140/85 and on one or two occasion it was 144/90. After having Inderal for 10 days my doctor hanged my drug to BISOHEART 2.5 MG. After having BISOHEART 2.5 MG my BP is less then 110/75 and heart beat in 55. Now my doctor has recommend me holter Test I do not know why. Kindly advise me as I am very much stressed.
Awakening with a headache and on top of it a blocked nose is an unpleasant begins to the day. In the event that this turns into a standard event and even the face harms with general largeness in the head, it's a restorative condition called Sinusitis. Sinuses are air-filled depressions inside the skull bone. These empty spaces in the skull are arranged in cheek bones, brow, behind the scaffold of the nose and between the eyes. Another set is arranged in the upper area of the nose and behind the eyes. All the sinuses have the same coating that is available in the nose. This covering produces bodily fluid, which is depleted out of the sinuses through an opening in the nose. Homeopathy treatment can be a decent cure for Sinus of various sorts.
Top normal Homeopathic remedies for sinus infections
1. Silicea: One of the Best Homeopathic remedies for Sinus Infections with headache. Silicea happens to be one of the finest remedies in homeopathic for sinus disease. The headache caused by sinus fundamentally on right side happens to be treated best with Silicea. The patient requiring Silicea feels crisp and is extremely touchy to frosty air. Concealing warmly gives alleviation. One conspicuous sign for utilizing Homeopathic pharmaceutical Silicea as a part of cases of sinus happens to be stuffiness in the nasal parts. The discharges in the nasal areas get stopped up in hard coverings. On endeavoring to extricate these hulls, there is dying.
2. Belladonna: Top Homeopathic solution for sinus headache with smothered discharge: Normal Homeopathic prescription Belladona is one of the perfect homeopathic remedies for sinus diseases when sinus headache is because of smothered discharge. Belladonna is exceptionally useful when a Sinusitis patient grumbles of a brutal headache. The patient may get alleviation from the headache by restricting the head firmly or applying weight.
3. Kali Bichrome: Best Homeopathic solution for Sinusitis with discharge dropping once again into throat
Kali Bichrome is the top regular Homeopathic medication for Sinusitis where the discharge drops over into the throat regardless of leaving the nose. The discharge is thick and for the most part yellow.