Doctor in Hair and Skin Clinic
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Hair and Skin ClinicYour feedback matters!
Dr Kiran is one of the best doctor. He understands the problems and give correct and good treatment.. Iam benefited by his treatment.. He is not very expensive and cure our problems.. Thank you Dr kiran.. Juveria
Amit Singh Sandhu
Dr is well knowledeable and listen to patient's problem.
My acne cleared in 3 months , he is very good doctor
Many factors come into play when evaluating the health of our biggest organ, the skin. It is always exposed to external elements and hence sustains most potential damage. When choosing the proper treatments and products to enhance your skin, you should take into consideration such factors as skin pigmentation, acne, fine lines, wrinkles, skin sensitivities, oiliness or dryness. Exfoliation procedures can be physical or chemical. Which is best for you? The best way to decide on Microdermabrasion vs Chemical Peel is to review the benefits and expectations of each procedure.
Microdermabrasion is the most common physical method for removing the very superficial level of the skin. It is a manual exfoliation of the epidermis to remove dead skin cells, debris and impurities. Normally, an instrument, which combines suction and a wand made of diamond or small crystal particles, is used to remove these from the skin.
Microdermabrasion produces instant results, but may not be a good choice for inflamed, sensitive or rosacea type skin. In such cases look for resurfacing methods that utilize a dermafile, a manual exfoliation using diamond files. This technique reduces breakage of capillaries in someone with thin or sensitive skin. Microdermabrasion encourages collagen stimulation and a more rapid cell turnover in the skin.
Microdermabrasion wands consist of two main types:
- Crystal tip – A mixture of fine aluminum crystals are used to abrade the skin, as the cells and debris are blown away.
- Diamond tip – Very fine diamond particles are used to remove any dead cells, oils, or debris, as these are also suctioned away.
What can I expect from Microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion should leave the skin’s surface velvety smooth, soft, bright and glowing. This rejuvenation method is instant and in rare cases, a pinkness or sensitivity may occur a few hours directly after the procedure, lasting less than 24 hours. Microdermabrasion is a workhorse of all rejuvenation procedures. Although it is primarily used on the face, it can be used on any part of the body, from the neck to chest, to hands, etc. Microdermabrasion is frequently done on the same day prior to other rejuvenation procedures for maximum benefits.
Chemical peels use topical applications of peeling solutions to rejuvenate the skin, address fine lines and wrinkles, pigmentation, tone and texture. They allow for cells that make collagen to function more effectively and remove any damage caused by the sun and other external forces that always act on our skin. Chemical peels are the preferred method in general for the treatment of the following;
- Counter fine lines and wrinkles
- Issues with skin pigmentation due to age or sun damage
- Acne and some acne scars
- General improvement in the skin’s texture, tightness and overall appearance
How do Chemical Peels work?
Whenever we take a step outside, or take a ride in a car our skin is exposed to harsh elements, pollutants, and harmful ultraviolet rays. With exposure to these elements, the skin is potentially damaged, leading to the aged appearance.
Chemical peels remove damaged cells; stimulate the growth of the new skin cells and collagen production. Different peels are used for different purposes. They can and should be customized for each patient’s particular skin types and problems. There are wonderful new combination peels that are safe, effective and have minimal down time. Anyone undergoing a chemical peel must stay out of the sun from 6 – 10 days and needless to say continue to use sun block.
Microdermabrasion vs Chemical Peel
It is always best to consult your physician when determining what will work best for your individual case and to help you accomplish your rejuvenation and/or skin-improvement goals. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hair transplant is usually opted for by people who are experiencing balding. In this procedure hair follicles are taken from one part of your body which has abundant hair and it is then placed on your scalp where you are experiencing balding. The site from where the hair is taken is called the donor site, hair transplant can be used to fill eyelashes, chest hair and pubic hair.
Benefits of Hair Transplant:
As you age, your hair starts to fall off especially from the center of your head. Men experience baldness faster than women. Hair transplantation helps to fill hair in your scalp and reverses time. You will start looking younger. It has no side effects whatsoever.
Some men start experiencing thinning of hair as soon as they start aging. Chest hair is considered a sign of masculinity and strength in some cultures and societies. Studies show that 85% women prefer chest hair on their partners. Therefore, hair transplant done for chest hair will make you look more masculine.
The hair which gets implanted onto your scalp will start to grow normally from your scalp. Hence, it is just a one-time procedure. After your hair transplant surgery ends, you need not worry or stress about your balding scalp. The growth of the hair will not be stunted. The time taken for your new hair to grow will be the same as your natural hair growth.
Procedure of Hair Transplantation:
In this procedure, the surgeon cleans the scalp of your head and then injects anesthesia so that your scalp can become numb and you don’t feel a thing. There are two methods used in this procedure, follicular unit extraction (FUE) and follicular unit strip surgery (FUSS). In follicular strip surgery (FUSS), the surgeon usually removes 6 or 10 inches of skin from the back of your head. Since the back of your head has more hair in comparison to the top part of your scalp. He, then, sews that area of the scalp. The area is usually hidden due to dense hair in that region. In follicular unit extraction (FUE) surgery the surgeon generally removes hair follicles one by one from the back of your scalp and inserts them in the desired area where you want hair.
After the surgery, it is important to take medications because your scalp can be very tender. By two to three weeks the transplanted hair will start to fall after which you may experience normal hair growth. Recovery period can vary from two to five days.
Caring for their look is no longer only restricted to women, men care about their looks just as much as women. In fact, it would be more suitable to say that majority of today's population cares about their looks and appearance. In an effort to look younger many men now-a-days are turning to Botox injections in order to get a more youthful appearance. There is no significant difference between Botox effects on men and women.
Here are nine things that men can expect with Botox treatment:
- A Ten Minute Procedure: The actually process of getting a Botox injection does not take longer than 10 to 15 minutes. There is no need for anesthesia and it can easily be performed as an outpatient procedure. A Botox injection is relatively pain-free.
- Get Back to Work: Botox is a procedure that you can get done even on your lunch break. Since it does not involve anesthesia of any kind, you can get straight back to the office within an hour of having the procedure. However, it is best to avoid strenuous activities and exercising for a week after the procedure.
- Quick Results: Botox results are not immediate but can be seen within 3 to 5 days of the injection being given. Optimal results can be noted 2 weeks after the process.
- Swelling and Bruising: Mild swelling is observed at the injection site, which resolves in max 1-2 hours, bruising is very rare, but if happens resolves on its own in 2-3 days maximum and can be easily concealed with light make up.
- Effects that Last 4 to 6 Months: Botox injections do make you look younger, but its effects do not last forever. The effect of Botox injections usually lasts for 4 to 6 months. After this, you will need to go through the procedure again to maintain the youthful appearance.
- Slowed Pace of Aging: Botox can also be used as a preventive measure when it comes to aging. Many men find that Botox can help prevent the formation of wrinkles and soften fine lines.
- Headaches: Though Botox injections are also a form of treatment for chronic migraines, one of the side effects of Botox is a mild headache. This should resolve itself within a few hours and is not something to worry about.
- A Few Side-Effects: Generally no untoward side effects are noted if done with the right technique, some rare side effects are drooping of eyelids which resolves on its own in 2 months.
- Compliments: 'Rested, refreshed, good'; These are some of the words you should get used to hearing when people talk about the way you look. As long as you use Botox in moderation and get the procedure done by an experienced doctor, you should be ready to look fabulous.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have small brown pigmented lesions around my ankles which have been there for a couple of years. I do have itching around my ankles rarely, but not too often. I do have sensitive skin and my epidermis gets peeled off if I scratch too vigorously after an insect bite. I don't have any such pigmentation anywhere else on the body. I also don't have a job in which I am required to stand at one place for a long time. Please if you have any idea what problem it might be, please tell me the differentials. Thanks.
I have small pimples all over my face. I have tried cleaning up the face regularly and also medicine like Boroline or Sufromicine. But no such improvement. In winter it get a little improvement but in summer just worst than a hell. It's about 2 year I am facing this problem all over my face. Please help to solve.
Lybrate | Dr A Kiran Kumar speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY