Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Kerala Ayur NilayamYour feedback matters!
Root canal therapy has to be one of the most delicate dental procedures ever. Every time someone mentions a visit to the dentist, this is the first treatment that is bound to come to mind. They will either think of root canals or braces. It is only recently that technology has brought about some other treatments like dental implants, Invisalign, dental crowns, porcelain veneers and much more. However, there is only so much that you can do with porcelain veneers to treat a tooth that has an infected pulp. To tell the truth, there is nothing that veneers can do for you in such a case. Root canal therapy can do a lot though.
The structure of the tooth
Let's take a brief biology class before going further into this article. The tooth is made up of a non-living and living part. The external part of the tooth that everyone sees is non-living. It is primarily the enamel, the hard outer covering that protects the interior part of the tooth. The pulp cavity, which is the interior part of the tooth, makes up the vast majority of the living part. It is in the pulp that you will find nerve endings and blood capillaries.
With time, the tooth ages and the enamel weakens. This is when people get cavities and bacteria will then be able to penetrate into the pulp cavity. This causes infection of the pulp and consequential pain. The pain varies in intensity from one person to another and from one case to another. There are times when the pain is just so mild it is negligible, but this eventually grows in intensity. This is how it always starts- mild and gradually growing to unbearable pain.
Fixing the problem effectively
Root canal therapy is the best way to fix the tooth. It comes highly recommended by medical practitioners because you get to not only to solve the problem but also save the tooth. You do not have to remove the tooth simply because of an infection unless it is extremely infected beyond salvation. There is the option of having the tooth extracted and replaced with an implant. There is no point in wasting a perfectly good tooth though.
The delicateness of root canal therapy is evident when you put into consideration the levels of hygiene that are necessary for the treatment. Root canals are very delicate because you have to observe high levels of hygiene. Secondly, the process has to be done carefully.
Cleaning out the dead pulp should be effective enough to prevent re-infection. If the tooth is not cleaned out and then it gets sealed, you will still have to go back for treatment for the same tooth. You do not want to waste your time with such things. Therefore, make sure that you have the therapy conducted by an experienced dental health practitioner.
Dark spots may occur due to acne,
Allergies, injuries or excess production of melanin which in turn is the result of ageing, excess exposure to the sun or genetic factors. Dark spots are embarrassing especially when you have them on the visible parts of your body like your face and arms.
Home remedies are the most economic and effective way to treat dark spots. They also give you a glowing and a younger looking skin.
Home Remedies for Black Spots on Your Face
Take 4 tbsp of buttermilk and 2 tbsp of tomato juice and then mix well.
Apply the liquid and then wash your face. Both have bleaching properties and it remove these dark spots very easily. The black spots on face do not look good. Therefore, apply this method to look clean and clear.
Soak 10 almonds in a bowl of milk and keep overnight.
You must ground the almonds after you peel the skin. Also, add 1 tbsp of sandalwood powder and ½ tbsp honey. Make a fine paste and apply on the face. Keep it for 30 minutes and then you must wash it off.
For skin exfoliation, the oatmeal powder is just best.
You can apply this oatmeal mask and remove all the patchiness from your face. Take some oats and grind and then add 3 tbsp lemon juice to make the paste. Scrub it on the face and then wash with warm water.
You can place the potato slice on the dark spots and keep them for a few minutes.
Then, you must wash your face with lukewarm water. Grate the potato and mix with honey and then apply on the face. It will definitely show you the bright result.
5. Aloe Vera
It has many medicinal properties and you can remove all the dark spots from the face.
Apply the Aloe Vera gel directly on the face, massage slowly and then sees the beneficial result. Now, you know how to remove dark spots with the help of Aloe Vera and witness the beneficial result.
It is a single item which is effective for all types of problems.
It can reduce sun spots, dark spots and patchiness from the skin. Take some milk, lemon juice and turmeric. Apply the paste on the spots and keep it for a few minutes and then wash it nicely.
Some dark spots are very hard to remove and you can consult with a dermatologist to get the desired result.
Odontalgia or severe toothache is characterized by extreme pain or inflammation of the tooth and its surrounding areas. The excruciating pain that you might experience may stem as a result of gum infection, tooth decay, infection of the dental pulp, abscess and due to certain other reasons like extraction or filling of the teeth. Another key reason for extreme toothache is the fact that a number of heart problems, such as myocardial infarction and angina tend to affect your dental health negatively.
While some toothaches might occur sporadically, they might pose a danger against your overall well-being in the long run, if the condition is left untreated. Homeopathy can serve as the perfect antidote to your toothache problems and its effects are noted to be significantly higher when it comes down to the question of long-term consumption. Here is a list of homeopathic medications that might prove to be a pain alleviator for your dental complications:
- Hepar Sulph and Silicea: Root abscess responds positively, to both Hepar Sulph and Silicea. For fever accompanied with occasional chills due to severe toothache, Hepar Sulph is considered to be the perfect remedy and tends to significantly decrease the level of swelling and pain. On the other hand, if your face swells and there is an incidence of gum inflammation, Silicea must be used to numb the effects of root abscess.
- Plantago: Plantago is noted to be the most commonly prescribed medicine for toothaches and for treating sensitivity. The pain extending to the ears from the teeth receives maximum relief due to the effects of Plantago. It might have to be taken internally or applied externally depending on the severity of the toothache and its accompanying conditions.
- Staphysagria: Sensitivity is best taken care of by Staphysagria and resolves the problem of worsening of toothache, when any drink or food is consumed. Bleeding gums and excess salivation is also another aspect that is looked after by Staphysagria.
- Arnica: Tooth extraction and filling may often lead to the consequence of nerve-wrecking pain in the gums and the affected area. For this, Arnica is prescribed to assuage the nerve pain and must be taken in along with Hypericum, another homeopathy medicine, for best results.
- Merc Sol: Problems of halitosis and excessive salivation that tend to occur simultaneously with toothaches can be solved by a dosage of Merc Sol. Bleeding gums, looseness of teeth and sensitivity are all taken care of by the same medication.
- Hecla Lava: For jaw swells along with toothache, you must always opt for Hecla Lava. The effect is instantaneous and relieves both swelling and pain.
- Chamomilla: Chamomilla serves as the best remedial homeopathic medicine for easing heat sensitivity that is likely to worsen the existing toothache. Drinks and food, either hot or cold, can then be consumed easily because of the numbing effect of this medicine.
Heat treatment or thermotherapy is an effective process of healing from a sports injury. Understanding the when and how to use heat treatment is essential since it can even prolong the process of healing.
The Process Of Healing-
There are three stages of healing. The first phase is called the inflammatory phase. The goal for this phase is to ensure that no further damage happens to the affected area. It is during this phase that the swelling and the buildup of fluid happens. Heat treatment is not applicable here since it increases the blood circulation and can lengthen the healing process. The second phase is called proliferation. This is the phase where the introduction of scarring and new tissue takes place. This is the post-injury phase and heat treatment greatly helps during this time. The third phase is known as remodelling. It is the time when the new tissue matures and settles down. Thermotherapy can be applied in this phase as well.
Injuries that are treatable through thermotherapy-
Heat treatments are extremely effective in injuries such as muscle spasms along with back strains. It can also be applied to joint injuries related to a thumb, turf toe, elbow, wrist sprains and sprained ankles. The reason why heat treatment is effective in joint injuries is because heating significantly heats the bone and improves the range of motion. The idea behind any heat treatment is to make the tissue more extensible by warming it up. Exercises related to a range of motion should be performed for 15-20 minutes post the heat treatment.
How heat treatment helps in treating sports injuries?
Heat treatment significantly increases the blood circulation and help to eradicate dead skin and other toxic bodies from the origin of the injury.
It assists in metabolism of the cells.
It increases the capillary permeability.
It increases the number of nutrients and oxygen to the source of injury and speeds up the process of healing.
Heat treatments can cut down muscle spasms.
Types of Heat Treatments Available:
For heating deep tissues, ultrasound is the best form of treatment. It can penetrate up to 1.5 inches inside the skin. Basic strain injuries such as hamstring and rotator cuff are instantly treatable with ultrasound. This being said it is one of the most expensive methods of heat treatment. Then there is superficial heat therapy. This is convenient and readily available. They directly transfer heat from the source to the injury location. Common examples of these are a hot tub, paraffin bath and hot bags. The third type of heating mechanism is known as dry hot packs. They produce a steady source of heat and are run by either microwave or electricity. Caution should be taken in order to ensure that the heat does not burn the upper layer of the skin.
Have you undergone cartilage damage recently and are seeking ideal treatment measures? Cartilage damage is a common form of injury that involves your knees. Other joints such as the ankles, elbows and hips may also be affected by cartilage damage. Cartilage, the tough and flexible tissues covering the surface of your joints, acts as a shock absorber, allowing the bones to slide over each other. Cartilage damage may occur because of injuries such as a gradual wear, sports injuries and osteoarthritis. While acute cartilage damage may heal on its own, severe damage may need treatment via surgical measures.
- Physiotherapy is effective when you experience difficulty in moving your affected joint.
- It is also an important part of recovery if you have to undergo surgical procedures for treating cartilage damage.
- A physiotherapist will teach you certain exercises that are effective for strengthening the muscles that surround and support your affected joint.
- This helps in reducing pain and pressure on the joint.
- Severe and serious cartilage damage does not heal effectively on its own, and a surgery may be required for treatment.
- Usually, surgery is performed by using Arthroscopy. This is a form of keyhole surgery in which certain instruments are inserted into your affected joint via incisions or small cuts.
- In some cases, larger incisions have to be made.
- Such surgeries are carried out after giving general anesthesia to the patient.
The most common surgeries that are undertaken in cases of cartilage damage include the following:
Lavage and debridement
- In this form of surgery, your joint is cleaned for the removal of any loose tissues.
- The damaged edges are trimmed to be made smooth. Sometimes, the damage may also be repaired during the same time.
- In this procedure, tiny holes are made on the bone beneath your damaged cartilage that releases the bone marrow in it.
- The marrow cells stimulate the production of new cartilage.
- In this procedure, small plugs of healthy cartilage from areas of a joint that are non-weight bearing are removed and used for replacing areas of the affected cartilage.
- This procedure involves the alteration of the alignment of your leg for reducing pressure on the damaged area.
- It is effective in improving pain.
- A wedge of bone may be removed or added from your thigh bone or shin bone.
- The bone gets fixed with a plate till it gets healed.
In some cases, a joint replacement surgery has to be carried out. In this procedure, the entire affected joint is removed and replaced with an artificial joint. Hip replacement and knee replacement are common examples of this kind of surgery.
The sunscreen acts as a layer of defense against sun radiation and keeps it from causing any damage. It is tremendously important to stress upon the importance of using sunscreen. Using a sunscreen every time you step outdoors and using it correctly is of vital importance to have healthy skin. No sunscreen provides absolute protection from the harmful rays of the sun, but using the right product in the right way will take you far in shielding yourself from their harshness.
Two important facts about sunscreen are:
- You don't need to apply sunscreen if your makeup contains SPF - If any of your makeup products like foundation or powder contains SPF, do not assume that it can replace your sunscreen. Makeup containing SPF cannot protect your skin entirely as cosmetics are generally applied lightly and mostly doesn't cover places like T-zones, earlobes or hairline. To fully shield your skin from the sunrays, it's necessary to apply sunscreen or moisturizer with at least SPF 30 before putting makeup on. It is advisable to apply the sunscreen half an hour before stepping out for maximum benefit.
- You do not need to apply sunscreen in winters or when you are indoors - Winter skin is relatively more sensitive than summer skin which is tanned. If one is in hilly areas or snow covered regions there is reflection of UV light from the snow that causes more skin damage. Also glass can allow UV rays to pass through and indoor lighting can also be a source of UV exposure, therefore you should apply sunscreen even when you are indoors.
Following are the do's and don'ts you need to follow before you apply sunscreen:
- Do: Choose a sunscreen that is, at least, SPF 30+: That is the minimum protection that your skin requires. And if you must stay outdoors for an extended period of time, opt for a product with a higher SPF rating.
- Do: Apply sunscreen 15-30 minutes before going outdoors: For the product to be most effective, it needs to be fully absorbed by the skin before exposure to the sun; the reason why applying approximately 30 minutes before you step out of home is a must.
- Don't: Apply sunscreen only on the face: Make sure you apply it to every part of your body, especially the hands, forearms, thighs and ears, which are commonly exposed to the sun. Not only are these more prone to skin ageing, but the risk of melanoma (skin cancer) is also tremendously high in these portions of the body.
Ulcerative colitis is a chronic inflammatory condition whereby, tiny abscesses and ulcers are formed on the inner lining of the large intestine, or on the colon or rectum. These ulcers may burst frequently resulting in diarrhea and bloody stools. This disease may also be responsible for causing anemia as well as harsh abdominal pain.
Ulcerative colitis normally alternate periodically from flaring up to receding quickly. These periods of remission can either last for weeks or maybe, even for years at a stretch. They are, however, not permanent and although the disease may seem to have disappeared completely, it can soon show up again in no time. Usually beginning in the rectum, it can, by and by, spread rapidly to other parts of the colon. If it is, however, limited only to the rectum, then it is more commonly referred to as ulcerative proctitis.
Surgery is generally obligatory and mandatory when it comes to treating ulcerative colitis. If surgery is not performed, you may suffer from long-lasting side effects, including cancer and colon rupture. Here are the different types of surgery that you may undergo:
- Colectomy: This is done when the entire colon needs to be removed and is usually performed to eliminate the perils of acquiring colon cancer.
- Proctocolectomy: This concerns the total removal of both colon and rectum and is usually the standard procedure when dealing with ulcerative colitis.
- Ileal Pouch Anal Anastomosis: If the treatment does not require a permanent stoma, and if you can still manage to let out stool from your anus, then this surgery, also called restorative proctocolectomy would be most appropriate.
Here, both colon and rectum are removed, but at the same time, the small intestine is utilized to form an internal reservoir, called a J-pouch, which is linked to the anus and can hereafter serve as your new rectum.
Acne is an inflammatory skin disorder which is prevalent in both males and females. When the sebaceous glands present on skin produce excessive sebum, the hair follicles present on skin get clogged leading to the formation of acne.
Acne can be triggered by a number of factors. Here are some of the common triggers for acne:
- Genetics: If one or both parents have acne, their children have high chances of suffering from it as well. Genes influence the sensitivity of your skin towards hormones such as androgens and progesterone that trigger acne. They also influence the production of anti inflammatory chemicals in the skin and skin's response to bacteria.
- Stress: The severity of acne can be correlated to the levels of stress a person is facing. While scientists are yet to figure the exact relationship between stress and acne; it is known that the cells that produce sebum or oil also act as stress receptors. Studies suggest that when a person is under stress, these cells produce excessive sebum that clogs pores on the skin leading to pimples.
- Hormones: Hormones play an important role in skin health especially when it comes to women. Androgens or the male hormones present in both men and women, trigger acne by over stimulating the oil glands. Women may also see an increase in pimples during menstruation. This is due to the fluctuating levels of progesterone that stimulate the production of sebum.
- Medication: Acne is one of the side effects to a few types of medication such as corticosteroids and anticonvulsants. However, this is not seen very often. On the other hand, drugs that contain hormones such as androgenic steroids almost always cause an acne breakout. Treatment for acne depends on the severity of the condition and its persistence. Mild cases can be easily treated with over the counter medication, but if your acne is severe and not affected by these medications, it best to consult a dermatologist.
Fear, anxiety and stress can often lead humans to either escape the situation or fight it by defending themselves. But there are other behaviours that humans turn to when they are under stress. This is not unnatural at all; we all face it at some point in time. What’s more, even dogs revert to the four Fs when under stress. Let us find out what are they and also how to deal with them.
- Fight: Fighting back is the natural reaction, which we turn to when we want to defend ourselves. Shouting at someone might give you some confidence for the time being. But again, it is not a permanent solution. We might end up apologising for our behaviour later but do nothing to address the situation that brought about that kind of behaviour.
- Flight: This is the escape mode that we turn to when we want to avoid a certain person or scenario, that might lead to stress. However, it must be remembered that, fleeing stress will help in fixing it temporarily. But since the situation remains unchanged, it will keep happening again and again.
- Freeze: For some people, the shock is so overwhelming that it becomes difficult for them to react at all. They simply freeze. The person goes into the panic mode and fails to move or say anything.
- Fool around: This option seems to be not a very bad idea in times of stress and anxiety depending on exactly what you mean by fooling around. If you can crack a joke at a tensed situation and lighten the mood, it helps immensely. However, if your idea of fooling around is to avoid talking about the situation and instead have fun, talk about other silly things, then it might not be a good idea.
Dealing with stress is not easy, but if you have realised the cause for your stress, your problem is half solved. If it is something you can change, then start working on it. If not, then it is best to let things happen in their own sweet way, while you change your attitude towards it. If you have realised what kind of behaviour your turn to when under stress, it is easier to face the situation. Listen to some of your favourite music, wear clothes that make you feel good and think about the situation and the possible solution later. Don’t let stress get to you, face situations, keep calm and be positive!
Heart failure occurs when the heart fails to pump blood around the body and organs for oxygen and nutrients. As blood moves through the heart and body at a slower rate, pressure in the heart increases. The chambers of the heart stretch to hold more blood to be able to pump through the body. This helps the blood to move but eventually the heart muscle walls weaken, unable to pump blood efficiently. The kidneys, in response cause the body, to retain fluids. The leakage of fluid in the tissues and the organs congests the heart, leading to heart failure.
Any of the following conditions can be responsible for weakening the heart and causing heart failure.
1. Coronary artery disease: this is a disease of the arteries supplying blood and oxygen to the heart that causes decreased blood flow to heart muscle. If the arteries get blocked or narrowed (due to the buildup of fatty deposits), the heart fails to get oxygen and nutrients, which may eventually lead to heart failure.
2. Heart attack: if the artery becomes suddenly blocked or the plaques formed by fatty deposits rupture, it can lead to a heart attack. This happens due to the formation of a blood clot which may block blood flow to an area of heart muscle.
3. High blood pressure: high blood pressure puts an extra strain on the heart for it to work harder to circulate blood throughout the body. As a result, the heart muscle may become stiff or weak to effectively pump blood.
4. Heart muscle weakness: this condition can have many causes including diseases, infections, drug and alcohol abuse. Genetic factors may also contribute to the weakening of heart muscles.
Foot problems are common among all people. Some foot problems are minor while some are severe and require immediate medical attention or surgery for treatment.
Here are some common foot problems, which require surgery:
- Bunions: These are bony lumps, which develop on the side of a foot and also at the base of the big toe. Bunions occur due to a condition called hallux valgus. This causes the big toe joint to bend in the direction of the other toes, resulting in deformity. This condition requires surgical correction. The surgery required is known as osteotomy, and it involves the straightening of the big toe and metatarsals.
- Hammertoes: Hallux valgus may result in your other toes being clawed or bent permanently. This condition is called hammer toes.
The damage can be eased by:
- Arthroplasty: It involves the removal of a deformed joint between the toe bones, resulting in joint flexibility.
- Arthrodesis: This process fuses the phalange and makes the toe stable.
- Metatarsal surgery: In some cases, the forefoot joints may get damaged due to the inflammation of the joint lining or synovitis, which results in arthritis. These joints are called metatarsophalangeal joints and they can get dislocated due to arthritis damage. Pain and discomfort are felt. Surgery is required when the symptoms are very severe and other treatments fail. The nature of surgery depends on the severity. The most common surgery is done on the big toe to remove the heads of the metatarsophalangeal joints.
- Ankle arthritis: This condition occurs because of osteoarthritis. The cartilages, which cover the ends of the bones roughen and get thin, which further thicken the bone underneath. It also results because of other rheumatic conditions. Pain and swelling is caused with an occasional joint deformity. Surgery may be required when the symptoms are very severe. The three major surgical options for treating ankle arthritis are ankle fusion, triple fusion and ankle replacement.
- Achilles tendon disorders: The Achilles tendon accounts for being the largest body tendon and great force is put through it when moving the lower leg muscles. This wears down with old age and causes swellings within the tendon accompanied by pain. Sometimes, surgery is required for fixing this condition.
- Morton's neuroma: This is a painful condition in which a nerve that gives sensation or feelings to the nearby toes is affected. The nerves are affected in the third and fourth toes. In case the symptoms are severe, a surgery is required.
Foot problems are prevalent in many people and they may occur due to various conditions or reasons. In case of severe symptoms, some foot problems require surgery for treatment. The most appropriate surgical method should be undertaken.
Hiiii sir. I have a small doubt. Sir which tooth paste I can use to make my teeth white sir. Nw I'm using sensodine since 4 months. But no better result. .can you suggest me a tooth paste sir. Thanking you.
My mother in law (vaddi srivalli) is feeling so weak and is shivering. Suspecting it as viral fever. She is not able to travel to hospital. So please suggest medicines.
Heel pain is a common problem in the body where the affected person experiences pain radiating from the heel bone. Heel pain usually progresses slowly over time, it is recommended to consult a medical professional, if heel pain turns severe. The pain tends to be most severe after one has been inactive for some time such as after waking up in the morning.
Heel pain is usually caused when tissues present in the bottom of the heel (Plantar fascia) is inflammed. These tissues connect the heel bone with the bones of the feet and acts as a shock absorber. Tears form in these tissues when they are damaged or when they get thicker. These tissues are at an increased risk of wear and tear for those who are over 45 years old. The risks also tend to increase if the person is obese or whose occupation requires standing for lengthy periods of time.
Among other causes of heel pain are heel bone fractures, fat pad atrophy (a condition where a layer of fat present under the heel bone is reduced) and bursitis (inflammation of the fluid filled sacs present around the joints). Peripheral neuropathy is a condition where damage occurs in the peripheral nerves (that transmits signals between the central nervous system and the rest of the body), this can cause pain in the heel.
The symptoms of heel pain include:
- Experiencing pain while jogging or walking
- A feeling of pins pricking the heels after waking up in the morning
- Inability to put weight on the heel
- Painful swelling
- Pain in the heel accompanied by fever
Heel pain can be prevented by taking certain preventive measures such as restricting usage of high heeled shoes without proper support and stretching the heel regularly. Medications such as painkillers are used to treat symptoms of heel pain. Consult a doctor for accurate medicines !!