Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Kamineni Hospital - LB NagarYour feedback matters!
A number of digestion related problems plague people from time to time. Diarrhea or loose motions remains one of the most debilitating problem in this regard, with other conditions like IBS or irritable bowel syndrome and colitis, Crohn’s Disease and others like pain, discomfort and related issues. If your daily schedule is hampered by constant trips to the bathroom and your eating habits show poor nutritional choices and a lack of appetite, then it may be time to do something about these digestive problems.
Let us acquaint ourselves with a few measures for treatment of the same.
- Triggers: One of the important and primary steps in the process of treating your digestive related problem is to learn how to recognise and identify the triggers so that you may avoid the same. There are many kinds of food that may not be suitable for some people. With the help of your doctor, you can go through a food or skin test that will help in exposing you to small amounts of various ingredients. The results will help in pointing towards the food allergy or triggers that you may be suffering from. Apart from food, there may be certain kinds of medication that may be causing side effects like loose motions and other digestive problems. Also, there are certain situations and stress giving factors that may be contributing to this condition. In such cases, it is best to maintain a food dairy or event diary so that you learn your triggers and avoid the same.
- Hydration: One of the most important ways of treating digestive problems is to drink plenty of fluids and to keep your body well hydrated. Besides routinely flushing out the toxins that cause the condition in the first place, plenty of water intake will also help in replenishing the lost fluid reserves as the body tends to get dehydrated swiftly when it is suffering from such conditions. One should also avoid contaminated sources of water and try to drink bottled and packaged water, especially while travelling.
- Hygiene: It is important to eat hygienically prepared food and wash your hands before and after meals so as to remove unhygienic triggers from the list that causes digestive disorders. Using alcohol free wipes in case you are suffering from loose motions and keeping a sanitiser handy at all times will also help in treating the condition.
- Medicines: The doctor may prescribe various kinds of medicines in order to fight the onset of such conditions as well for treatment of related symptoms like bloating and gas. This medication must always be kept handy so that the patient can have it as soon as the earliest symptoms arise.
During the natural course of events, a women's body starts its reproductive phase with menarche and at about 50 years of age, attains menopause. This is when the reproductive function ceases and the ovaries stop producing the hormone estrogen and progesterone. In some cases, for various reasons including medical, the ovaries stop functioning earlier, and this is medically termed early or premature menopause. Menopause that occurs before 40 years of age is termed premature menopause; it is due to primary ovarian insufficiency and occurs in 1% of the women. If it occurs between 45 to 50 years, it is termed early menopause.
Causes: Normal ageing, family history, genetic disorders, autoimmune disorders, toxins, and surgery are some reasons that could lead to premature menopause.
Effects: Estrogen and progesterone have a lot of beneficial effects on a women's body. Reduction in their levels leads to some of the below changes:
- Emotional changes like mood swings, irritability, and in some cases depression, especially in premature menopause.
- Irregular cycles before complete cessation of the menstrual cycles.
- General mucosal dryness leading to vaginal dryness, dry skin, dry eyes.
- There also would be urinary incontinence and reduced sex drive due to reduced hormone levels.
- For women who still would want to have children, infertility would be a big cause for concern. This could lead to other emotional issues, worsening the depression.
- Osteoporosis - Bones lose their density and get weak and are more prone to fracture.
- Cardiovascular health - Post menopause, women are more prone to heart attacks and stroke. Though not fully proven, this is believed to be true as the good role that estrogen plays on blood vessels is negated with menopause.
- Accelerated ageing - Menopause leads to accelerated damage of genetic structures, thereby leading to faster ageing. This also leaves a feeling in the women of being less attractive and less desirable.
There is also a good news, that after menopause women are at lesser risk of cancer - especially breast and ovarian.
It is not easy for women to handle premature menopause. The body undergoes some changes much earlier than expected, and it requires a lot of support and caring and comforting to come to terms with it - especially if associated with infertility or chemotherapy for cancer. Emotional issues of not being able to have children and feeling less attractive require frank talks to boost the person's confidence and increase self-worthiness.
It is easier said than done, but one of the key ways to handle premature menopause is an open discussion.
Ulcerative colitis is a chronic inflammatory condition whereby, tiny abscesses and ulcers are formed on the inner lining of the large intestine, or on the colon or rectum. These ulcers may burst frequently resulting in diarrhea and bloody stools. This disease may also be responsible for causing anemia as well as harsh abdominal pain.
Ulcerative colitis normally alternate periodically from flaring up to receding quickly. These periods of remission can either last for weeks or maybe, even for years at a stretch. They are, however, not permanent and although the disease may seem to have disappeared completely, it can soon show up again in no time. Usually beginning in the rectum, it can, by and by, spread rapidly to other parts of the colon. If it is, however, limited only to the rectum, then it is more commonly referred to as ulcerative proctitis.
Surgery is generally obligatory and mandatory when it comes to treating ulcerative colitis. If surgery is not performed, you may suffer from long-lasting side effects, including cancer and colon rupture. Here are the different types of surgery that you may undergo:
- Colectomy: This is done when the entire colon needs to be removed and is usually performed to eliminate the perils of acquiring colon cancer.
- Proctocolectomy: This concerns the total removal of both colon and rectum and is usually the standard procedure when dealing with ulcerative colitis.
- Ileal Pouch Anal Anastomosis: If the treatment does not require a permanent stoma, and if you can still manage to let out stool from your anus, then this surgery, also called restorative proctocolectomy would be most appropriate.
Here, both colon and rectum are removed, but at the same time, the small intestine is utilized to form an internal reservoir, called a J-pouch, which is linked to the anus and can hereafter serve as your new rectum.
Sinusitis or sinus infections can be quite a debilitating ailment when it becomes recurrent. Sinuses are cavities within our head just behind the nose which extends up to our forehead and to certain areas of the cheeks. These cavities are filled with a mucosal lining which helps you breathe and also filters the air which goes to the lungs. When the mucosal lining gets inflamed, it blocks the normal drainage of the mucus into the nose. This results in headaches, nasal polyps and general discomfort. Homeopathy offers some great remedies for this condition, without side effects. Some of these are discussed below.
Homeopathic remedies for sinus problems
- Belladonna: This medication is very effective when the sinusitis has resulted in a suppressed discharge from the nose which occurs intermittently. If you have a splitting headache which feels unbearable, Belladonna can help relieve the symptoms quickly. If the infection of the sinus has spread to the throat and results in cough, Belladonna can be equally effective in those circumstances as well.
- Pulsatilla: If you are experiencing a greenish mucosal discharge from your nose without a painful burning sensation within it, Pulsatilla can be a very effective cure. Another indication where this medication is very effective is when you have headaches centered just above your eyes rather than over the forehead or other parts of your face.
- Kali Bichrome: This is another commonly prescribed medication to deal with the symptoms of sinusitis as well as to reduce inflammation and cure sinusitis altogether. If you have a lot of mucosal discharge that drops into your throat along with discharges through the nose, Kali Bichrome is the drug to go to. Other indications where it is effective are pain and heaviness in the nose and the inability to breathe with headaches in and around the eyes.
- Silicea: If you are feeling cold and constantly chilly along with nasal stuffiness, Silicea is the medication to go to. Along with discharges, your nose may form hard mucous crusts within it. Trying to manually remove these crusts may also cause bleeding. Silicea will reduce these symptoms and is also effective in reducing a headache which occurs mostly on the left side of your face.
- Merc Sol: If you are experiencing a yellowish green discharge from the nose along with a burning sensation and increased saliva secretion in your mouth, Merc Sol is the remedy to turn to. It is also effective wherein the headache has spread all around the head.
Heart failure occurs when the heart fails to pump blood around the body and organs for oxygen and nutrients. As blood moves through the heart and body at a slower rate, pressure in the heart increases. The chambers of the heart stretch to hold more blood to be able to pump through the body. This helps the blood to move but eventually the heart muscle walls weaken, unable to pump blood efficiently. The kidneys, in response cause the body, to retain fluids. The leakage of fluid in the tissues and the organs congests the heart, leading to heart failure.
Any of the following conditions can be responsible for weakening the heart and causing heart failure.
1. Coronary artery disease: this is a disease of the arteries supplying blood and oxygen to the heart that causes decreased blood flow to heart muscle. If the arteries get blocked or narrowed (due to the buildup of fatty deposits), the heart fails to get oxygen and nutrients, which may eventually lead to heart failure.
2. Heart attack: if the artery becomes suddenly blocked or the plaques formed by fatty deposits rupture, it can lead to a heart attack. This happens due to the formation of a blood clot which may block blood flow to an area of heart muscle.
3. High blood pressure: high blood pressure puts an extra strain on the heart for it to work harder to circulate blood throughout the body. As a result, the heart muscle may become stiff or weak to effectively pump blood.
4. Heart muscle weakness: this condition can have many causes including diseases, infections, drug and alcohol abuse. Genetic factors may also contribute to the weakening of heart muscles.
Heel pain is a common problem in the body where the affected person experiences pain radiating from the heel bone. Heel pain usually progresses slowly over time, it is recommended to consult a medical professional, if heel pain turns severe. The pain tends to be most severe after one has been inactive for some time such as after waking up in the morning.
Heel pain is usually caused when tissues present in the bottom of the heel (Plantar fascia) is inflammed. These tissues connect the heel bone with the bones of the feet and acts as a shock absorber. Tears form in these tissues when they are damaged or when they get thicker. These tissues are at an increased risk of wear and tear for those who are over 45 years old. The risks also tend to increase if the person is obese or whose occupation requires standing for lengthy periods of time.
Among other causes of heel pain are heel bone fractures, fat pad atrophy (a condition where a layer of fat present under the heel bone is reduced) and bursitis (inflammation of the fluid filled sacs present around the joints). Peripheral neuropathy is a condition where damage occurs in the peripheral nerves (that transmits signals between the central nervous system and the rest of the body), this can cause pain in the heel.
The symptoms of heel pain include:
- Experiencing pain while jogging or walking
- A feeling of pins pricking the heels after waking up in the morning
- Inability to put weight on the heel
- Painful swelling
- Pain in the heel accompanied by fever
Heel pain can be prevented by taking certain preventive measures such as restricting usage of high heeled shoes without proper support and stretching the heel regularly. Medications such as painkillers are used to treat symptoms of heel pain. Consult a doctor for accurate medicines !!
Menopause is a natural change in a female body that occurs after or around the age of 45, when the ability to bear children stops permanently. The fertility diminishes and the menstrual cycle stops. A decrease in hormone production, especially in the levels of estrogen, happens after the onset of menopausal years.
During this time, there are a number of physical changes that take place inside the woman’s body. The noticeable changes happen in the female breasts.
Some visible changes to breasts during menopause
Non-cyclical breast pain is mostly not related to menstrual cycle and slowly stops with time.
Loss of glandular tissues is common and causes shrinkage in size.
With age, the connective tissues also lose elasticity and causes sagging
Breast pain could also be due to fibrocystic breast changes
There could be a chance of developing breast cancer
Density of the glands decreases inside the breasts and fat develops.
It is advisable to get any kind of discomfort examined by the doctor to make sure you are in the safe zone. Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) is not generally advised as it may create hormonal issues in the long run.
It is also important to follow a healthy diet comprising of protein, calcium , magnesium and other vital nutrients as advised by your doctor. Reduction in smoking and alcohol intake is highly beneficial and cuts down risk of major diseases. It is also necessary to exercise, remain physically active and maintain a healthy body weight during this time.
Regular check-ups, mammograms and self-examination of breasts help to diagnose and detect early signs of breast tumours and cancer and are highly recommended, especially for women who are in the perimenopausal and menopausal years. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
6 sal se night fall ho rha hai hafte mai 5 6 bar hojata h kbhi kbhi ek rat mai 2 bar bhi hojata hai or dophar mai bhi hojata hai sperm bhot ptla hai or km niklta hai mai roj hand practice krta tha phle tb se mere night fall hona suru hogya penis bhi stand nhi hota moti moti nashe dikhti hai spearm sirf kuch second mai nikl jata hai please kuch btaiye jisse meri sex power bdhe or y sb kuch khtm hojaye mai thk hojau.
ये सच है की मौत बहाने से आती है और उन बहानों में सबसे आम बहाना होता है बीमारी। हम सभी को जीवन एक बार मिलता है, जिसे हम बेहतर और लम्बा बनाने के लिए हर मुमकिन कोशिश किया करते हैं पर जीवन और मौत के दरम्यान बीमारी की तलवार हमेशा लटकती रहती है। इसलिए हम हमेशा बिमारियों से रूबरू होकर उनसे बचने या जीत हासिल करने की फ़िराक में रहते हैं जिससे अपनी उम्र और स्थिति में इजाफा कर लेते हैं। लेकिन इस बात पर गौर करना होगा कि कुछ बीमारियों से जूझ कर भी हम जीने की उम्मीद नहीं खोते पर कुछ बीमारियाँ ऐसी भी हैं जो हमें मारें उसके पहले ही हम दिमागी तौर पर दिन ब दिन मरने लगते हैं। और आज हम जानेंगे ऐसी ही एक भयावह बीमारी एड्स के बारे में।
AIDS एक बेहद खतरनाक और जानलेवा बीमारी के रूप में जाना जाता है। यह बीमारी अगर किसी इंसान को हो जाये तो उसकी म्रत्यु निश्चित हो जाती है। केवल भारत को लिया जाए तो सालाना तकरीबन 80,000 से ज्यादा लोगो की म्रत्यु AIDS के वजह से होती है। इसलिए इससे बचना है तो यह जानना बेहद जरूरी हो जाता है कि एड्स क्या है और होता कैसे है ?
क्या है एड्स
एड्स यानि कि उपार्जित प्रतिरक्षा नाशक रोग समूह, जिसका अर्थ है कि एड्स मनुष्य जाति मेंस्वाभाविक रूप से शुरू नहीं हुआ बल्कि मनुष्य जाति के अपने ही कुछ कर्मों के कारण उपार्जित हुआ। यह एक संक्रामक रोग है जो कि एच.आई.वी. (ह्यूमनइम्यूनो डेफिशियेन्सी वायरस) नाम के विषाणु के संक्रमण की वजह से होता है। जब यह विषाणु शरीर में प्रवेश कर जाता है तो ब्लड में पहुंच कर वाइट ब्लड सेल्स मेंमिलकर उसके DNA में पहुंच जाता है जहां वह विभाजित होता है और रक्त के सफेद कणों पर आक्रमण करता है। धीरे-धीरे यह सफेद कणों की संख्या बहुत कम करदेता है। उसी कमी या समाप्ति के साथ शरीर की रोगों से लड़ने की प्रतिरोधक क्षमता को समाप्त करता है।
यह विषाणुशरीर में प्रवेश करने के बाद समाप्त नहीं होता। और इसी स्थिति को एड्स कहा जाता है।
- शोधकर्ताओं के अनुसार AIDS दो वायरस के कारण होता है, HIV1 और HIV2।
- HIV1 वायरस दुनिया भर में सबसे ज्यादा पाया जाने वाला वायरस है और HIV2 वायरस ज्यादातर वेस्ट अफ्रीका में पाया जाता है।
- यह दोनों वायरस रेट्रोवायरस नामक प्रजाति के हैं जो अपना DNA इंसान के DNA से मिला देते है, और जिंदगी भर उस इंसान के DNA के साथ रहते हैं।
- वैज्ञानिकों का कहना है कि मानव शरीर मे पाया जाने वाला वायरस मनुष्यों में बंदरों की प्रजातियों से आया है क्योंकि बंदरों में पाए जाने वाले HIV वायरस और मानव शरीर मे पाए जाने वाले HIV वायरस में काफी समान्यताएँ है।
- 1930 से 1940 के बीच पहली बार इंसानों में यह वायरस मिला। जो माना जाता है कि बंदर का मास खाने वाले कुछ अफ्रीकी आदिवासियों में पाया गया था और पूरी दुनिया में फैल गया।
- भारत देश AIDS के मरीजों की संख्या के मामले में दुनिया का तीसरा सबसे बड़ा देश है।
यह जानना जरूरी है की HIV छूने से नहीं फैलता। यह केवल शरीर के अंदर मौजूद तरल पदार्थ जैसे थूक, खून, और सेक्स के द्वारा निकलने वाला सेमेन से फैलता है। क्योंकि HIV वायरस शरीर के बाहर जीवित नहीं रह सकता तो
HIV के संक्रमण के कारण
1. वजाइनल, ऐनल और ओरल सेक्स
एचआईवी/एड्स से ग्रसित व्यक्ति के साथ असुरक्षित सेक्स करने से इसके वायरस आपके शरीर मे आ जाते हैं। यह वायरस किसी के शरीर मे चुम्बन द्वारा भी आ सकता है पर इसकी संभावना कम होती है क्योंकि थूक में HIV का वायरस कमज़ोर होता है। और चुंबन करते समय कम से कम 1-2 लीटर थूक एक्सचेंज हो एक दूसरे का तभी संभव है ठुक द्वारा HIV/AIDS होना।
2. माँ द्वारा
यदि जन्म देते समय माँ में HIV वायरस मौजूद है तो वह वायरस बच्चे के अंदर आ सकता है। यदि जन्म देने के बाद किसी कारण से माँ के अंदर HIV का वायरस आ जाता है तो यह बच्चे में स्तनपान के द्वारा भी आ सकता है। सही समय पर सही कदम लेने से यह रोका जा सकता है। सही कदम नहीं उठाने के कारण तकरीबन 30% बच्चे जन्म से ही HIV/AIDS से संक्रमित होते हैं।
किसी HIV/AIDS के मरीज़ के शरीर मे इस्तेमाल की गई सुई को किसी दूसरे व्यक्ति के शरीर मे इस्तेमाल करने से HIV/AIDS फैल सकता है।
4. शल्य चिकित्सा शास्त्र
शल्य चिकित्सा शास्त्र यानी सर्गिकल इंस्ट्रूमेंट्स जो सर्जरी करने के लिए इस्तेमाल की जाती है अगर HIV AIDS के मरीज़ के शरीर पर इस्तेमाल की गई हो और उसे बिना अच्छे से साफ किये दूसरे के शरीर मे इस्तेमाल किया जाए तो HIV AIDS फैल सकता है।
5. संक्रमित रक्त
HIV/AIDS एड्स से ग्रसित व्यक्ति का खून बिना जाँच किए किसी को चढ़ा दिया जाए तो उससे भी HIV/AIDS हो सकता है।
6. म्यूकस मेम्ब्रेन
म्यूकस मेम्ब्रेन जो शरीर के आन्तरिक अंगों को घेरे रहती है और सभी कैविटीज की सबसे ऊपरी परत होती है यदि उसमें HIV/AIDS का संक्रमित रक्त लग जाता है तो उस व्यक्ति को HIV/AIDS हो सकता है। जैसे कि यदि किसी को चोट लगी हो और उस चोट पर किसी व्यक्ति का खून लग जाए जिसे HIV /AIDS हो तो उस खून में मौजूद HIV वायरस उस चोट लगे हुए हिस्से से दूसरे व्यक्ति के शरीर मे प्रवेश कर जाता है।
बताये गए कारणों से HIV /AIDS फैलता जरूर है पर जरूरी नहीं है कि इन वजहों से किसी का खून यकीनन संक्रमित ही हो जाए। यह इसपर भी निर्भर करता है कि HIV वायरस कितना मजबूत है। यदि कमज़ोर HIV वायरस किसी के शरीर मे किसी भी तरीके से चला जाए तो संभव है कि उस व्यक्ति को HIV/AIDS न हो।
बदकिस्मती से दुनिया मे HIV को लेके कई गलतफैमियाँ है इस कारण यह भी जानना जरूरी हो जाता है कि HIV AIDS किन कारणों से नही फैलता।
- कीड़े मकोड़ो के काटने से
- किसी HIV AIDS के मरीज के मूत्र और पसीने से
- शौचालय या स्विमिंग पूल कोन से करने से
- HIV AIDS के मरीज का टॉवल या कपड़ा इस्तेमाल करने से
- HIV AIDS के मरीज़ों को छूने से या साथ काम करने से
- HIV AIDS के मरीज के साथ एक थाली में खाने
- HIV AIDS के मरीज का किसी के सामने छींकने से या खाँसने से भी HIV AIDS नही फैलता।
Hi I want to know that I am having a problem that suddenly at any time I feel like sudden urge to pass stool and it happens about 3 to 4 times a day when I go to washroom little stool comes out with constipation I have to push very hard to pass stool and then after little stool has passed the stool stops coming how hard I try it feels like that my stomach has not fully emptied but stool stops coming. I feel like that it happens after I have eaten fish one week before but it's not confirmed .please suggest me any medicine. I am 17 years old.
I am circumcised male 22 years old. My glans are rough I want to make them smooth. And also I want to increase my penis size.
A Gastroenterologist is a physician with dedicated training and unique experience in the management of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and liver. If you are planning to visit one, you most likely have a problem in one or many organs like esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon and rectum, pancreas, gallbladder, bile ducts and liver.
Visit your doctor to understand the severity of your condition and the course of treatment, as it is obvious that during this time you must be suffering from anxiety and you may not ask the questions arising in your mind. That is why you need to prepare in advance for your first visit with a gastroenterologist.
Being an active partner in the doctor patient relationship is bound to have its benefits. Here are some handy tips:
- Come mentally prepared: Don't let the anxiety get to you. If you need some extra help calming down, try yoga or meditation. You can simply go out on a walk alone to help you focus your thoughts. This is just like any other doctor visit. The good part is that you are taking the first step in easing your discomfort and starting treatment, so go with a positive mind.
- Maintain a diary of symptoms: It is likely that you are experiencing discomfort from past few days or weeks before you finally realize the need to seek out a specialist. Try to remember as much as possible about the symptoms you experienced in a chronological order. Write down any over the counter medicines you've tried or anything unusual that you may have consumed in the past week.
- Take stock of your medical history: It is likely that your doctor may want to know about any historic conditions you've suffered that may or may not relate to your present condition. Many ask you to fill out forms during your first time patient registration which includes many minor details about your medical past. List down any allergies, especially food allergies you have.
- Take stock of your recent medical tests: Bring your latest blood tests and imaging tests (X-rays, ultrasounds, MRIs, and CT scans) with you for the doctor's visit. If you have a pre-existing condition like diabetes, thyroid or you suffer from other chronic conditions like increased uric acid, carry your most recent medical reports with you.
- Make a list of questions for the doctor: In most cases, the first visit is a crucial factor in determining whether you want to continue the course of treatment with a particular doctor. This comes out of your ability to trust the doctor, his knowledge and diagnosis and an overall comfort level that comes with how well he handles your questions. Start by making a list of questions you want to ask about your specific condition and course of treatment and see if you get satisfactory answers.
- Brace yourself: If you want to suggest a treatment option, make sure you read up all about it before you tell the doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.
I am a employee of armed forces. My problem is that after rest for 2/3 hours sitting or sleeping when I tried to walk the lower surface of my ankle feel acute pain for 15/20 steps .after that I felt normal .suggest me for permanent remedy.
Mera penis bhut small or weak h mere stamina b bhut kam h m kabhi kabhi to kiss karke hi discharge ho jata mujhe apna penis stronger, harder or stamina badane h or time increase kar na h please suggest me what should I do.
I am 18 year old male I used to masturbate since last 2 years ma'am my health is not increasing and my eyes look dull all are telling me lazy person or drunker .ma'am I'm playing cricket for my District is this harm to my game .all time means whole day I fell sleepy .I can't concentrate in studies or in one things. Ma'am suggest me solutions for all this problem .plz ma'am I would be always thank full to you.
Hearing is one of the five senses that you or anyone else relies on for communication and a whole host of other things. Among the five senses, touch, smell, taste, hearing and sight, it is often hearing which is the most easily affected. You don't have to be a senior citizen to experience hearing loss as it is quite common among younger people as well. This problem is also getting more widespread with each passing day.
Ageing is not the only factor that brings hearing impairment. The causes are many. Certain medications, continuous exposure to loud noise, genetic involvement, injury and some medical conditions may cause hearing loss.
But if you think that you are facing hearing issues, then these symptoms should raise an alarm for you to see an ENT specialist:
- You find it hard to hear phone conversations: Do you find yourself asking the person on the other end of the phone line to 'repeat' themselves, or find yourself pressing the phone instrument right into your ear? If you are trying so hard to hear, you might find yourself missing out on bits of the conversation as focussing to clearly hear the conversation is exhausting work. Getting a hearing test might be a good option if this sounds like you.
- Your TV is blaring: Do you often find people around you shouting above the TV sound complaining that it's too loud? When you find it hard to hear the TV at the average volume and find yourself turning up the sound, this could signify a hearing loss. Doctors are seeing a growing number of patients visiting them after prolonged exposure to loud music and sounds.
- You have trouble hearing in noisy environments: When you are out dining with friends or family at a busy restaurant or accompanying a friend shopping in a busy street, all that background noise makes it difficult to hear what the people are saying. People with hearing loss often have problems masking out background noise.
- You find yourself leaning closer to people to follow the conversation or staring at their lips trying to lip-read what's being said.
- Family members telling 'you're going deaf'?: Trust the views of the people closest to you, they never lie about your health. Family members often are the first to sense signs of hearing loss as they find themselves repeating things to you or calling out louder to get your 'attention'.
Options to deal with hearing loss:
Some of the options to deal with hearing loss are mentioned below.
- Once diagnosed with hearing problems, change your ways of communication - If you or your loved ones have been diagnosed with hearing problems, it is important that both adjust your ways to deal with the problem. Rather than getting angry at the other for not being able to communicate effectively, develop and strategize ways to make communication less problematic and erratic.
- Cochlear implants - This is a newer technology which has become rapidly popular in the past decade or so. These are directly implanted into the inner ear and are designed to bypass the damaged areas of the ear and directly stimulate the auditory nerve. These have become very popular, although, are not a replacement of natural hearing. It is only prescribed for people who have severe hearing loss or are deaf.
- Hearing aids - Although selecting a hearing aid is difficult as the patient needs to be comfortable, once it is completed, is one of the best solutions for the hearing impaired. The functionality of these devices can be extended with the hearing assistive technology or HAT devices that can focus the audio waves depending on the situations and give a more tailored approach for every individual's needs.
Prevention and treatment
Treatment: It is difficult to treat hearing loss as in most cases; it may be permanent, except sudden shocks, when your hearing might come back to normal. The only treatments for hearing loss are hearing aids or cochlear implants which can restore hearing partially.
Prevention: Prevention is the best method to avoid hearing loss and in most cases, you should wear ear protection such as mufflers or sound level reduction devices to protect your hearing. Also, practice listening to music, watching TV or movies at lower levels, especially if you are on the headphones. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
Asthma is a condition characterized by wheezing and difficulty in breathing. Asthma is a common disease that affects children, teenagers and adults alike. Depending on what triggers an asthmatic attack, asthma can be categorized as four types. These are:
- Allergic asthma: This sort of asthma usually begins in childhood and is caused by the overproduction of immunoglobulins as a reaction to the allergen. This type of asthma can also be passed on from one generation to another through genes.
- Infective asthma: This is caused by viral bronchial or upper respiratory tract infections. It is not hereditary.
- Emotional asthma: Some cases of asthma can be triggered by psychological factors such as stress, grief or anxiety. However, it is not clear if this is the sole trigger for asthma.
- Occupational asthma: Exposure to metallic dusts, biological detergents, polyurethane, etc. can also trigger asthmatic attacks. This type of asthma is called occupational asthma.
A homeopath will not only determine the type of asthma, but will also delve into a detailed medical history of the patient before prescribing medication. Some forms of homeopathic medication that can be used to treat asthma are:
- Lpecac: This is used to treat asthma in cases where the difficulty breathing is accompanied by a feeling of heaviness over the chest, dyspnoea, constant coughing with no expectoration and cold perspiration. It is often aggravated by motion.
- Arsenicum: Asthmatic attacks that begin in the middle of the night and are accompanied by restlessness and anguish can be treated with arsenicum. This is especially beneficial in cases of chronic asthma in elderly people and habitual dyspnoea.
- Nux vomica: This is used mainly to treat asthmatic attacks triggered by gastric troubles or be excessive intake of coffee and alcohol. A constricted feeling around the lower part of the chest is another symptom of this type of asthma.
- Kali bichromicum: Asthmatic attacks that wake a patient up in the wee hours of the morning compelling him to sit up, in order to be able to breathe can be treated with Kali bichromicum. A stringy yellow mucus expectoration is another symptom of this type of asthma. It can also be used as an effective form of treatment for asthmatic attacks caused by nervousness.
- Natrum sulphuricum: This is used to treat asthmatic attacks caused by a change in weather. In such cases, the asthmatic attack is accompanied by diarrhea and greenish expectoration. It is usually worst in the early mornings. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.