Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Elbit DiagnosticsYour feedback matters!
नींद नहीं आने की बिमारी को ही अनिद्रा कहते हैं. जाहिर है कि नींद हमारे लिए कितना महत्वपूर्ण है. नींद के महत्व को देखते हुए इस बिमारी का जल्द उपचार जरुरी है. लेकिन इसके लिए नींद की गोलियों का सहारा लेना ठीक नहीं है. क्योंकि इसके साइड इफेक्ट बहुत ज्यादा हैं. तो इनसे बचने के लिए हम आपको कुछ आयुर्वेदिक उपाय बताते हैं जिससे आपको इससे छुटकारा मिलने में मदद मिलेगा.
यदि आपको आयुर्वेद के बारे में थोड़ी भी जानकारी होगी तो आप जानते होंगे कि ब्राह्मी का इस्तेमाल मस्तिष्क की क्षमता बढ़ाने में किया जाता है. ये भी विदित है कि नींद का जुड़ाव दिमाग से ही है. इसलिए ब्राह्मी के इस्तेमाल से अनिद्रा की बीमारी में आश्चर्यजनक फायदा देखने को मिलता है.
लैवेंडर का इस्तेमाल भी आयुर्वेद में कई तरह से बताया गया है. कई सारे शोधों में भी इसके अनेक गुणों की पहचान हुई है. इन शोधों में ये पाया गया है कि इसके इस्तेमाल से अनिद्रा जैसी बिमारी को दूर किया जा सकता है. खासकरके महिलाओं और युवाओं में इसका असर बेहतरीन देखा गया है.
विशेष रूप से पर्वतीय क्षेत्रों में उगने वाले जटामांसी का इस्तेमाल तीव्र गंध वाले परफ्यूम बनाने में किया जाता है. लेकिन ऐसा पाया गया है कि मस्तिष्क और नाड़ी सम्बन्धी रोगों में भी ये बेहद प्रभावशाली साबित होता है. हलांकि इसके काम करने की गति थोड़ी कम होती है लेकिन काम सटीक है. इसके लिए आपको रात में सोने से एक घंटा पहले एक चम्मच जटामांसी की जड़ का चूर्ण ताजे पानी के साथ लेने से लाभ मिलता है.
अनिद्रा से निबटने के पारम्परिक तरीकों में से एक ये भी है कि आप इसके लिए दूध और शहद का सेवन करें. आपको बता दें कि दूध व शहद इन्सुलिन के स्त्राव को नियंत्रित करता है. इसके बाद ही ट्रिप्टोफेन का सही मात्रा में मस्तिष्क में स्त्राव होता है. फिर ट्रिप्टोफेन सिरोटोनिन मेंऔर सिरटोनिन, मेलेटोनिन के रूप में बदलकर मस्तिष्क को आराम पहुँचाने का काम करता है. फिर आपके नींद की बीमारी ठीक हो जाती है.
अश्वगंधा की गिनती उन पौधों में होती है जिसकी जड़, पत्तियां और तना सभी का औषधीय इस्तेमाल किया जाता है. अश्वगंधा एक अच्छा वातशामक होने के कारण थकान का निवारण भी करता है. और ये तो सबको पता है कि थकान दूर होने से नींद बहुत अच्छी आती है. इसके अलावा एक उपाय ये भी है कि सर्पगंधा, अश्वगंधा और भांग तीनों की एक समान मात्रा का बारीक चूर्ण बनाकर रात में सोते वक्त 3-5 ग्राम मात्रा में यह चूर्ण पानी के साथ लें. इससे नींद बहुत अच्छी आती है.
शंख की आकृति वाले फुल होने के कारण इसको शंखपुष्पी का नाम दिया गया है. एक शक्तिशाली और प्रभावी मस्तिष्क टॉनिक के रूप में पहचान रखने वाले शंखपुष्पी में नाड़ियों को भी शक्ति प्रदान करने की भी विशेष क्षमता है. अनिद्रा की शिकायत होने पर इसकी पत्तियों का चूर्ण जीरा और दूध के साथ मिश्रित करके लेने से फायदा होता है.
तुलसी के फायदों से तो हम बचपन से ही परिचित होते हैं. जाहिर है इसमें तमाम औषधीय गुण भी पाए जाते हैं. लेकिन अनिद्रा में भी ये एक अचूक औषधि के रूप में काम करता है. नींद न आने पर तुलसी के पांच पत्तों को खाने और रात को सोते समय तकिए के आस-पास फैलाकर रखने से इसकी सुगंध से नींद आने लगती है. इसमें कोई झंझट भी नहीं है सबके यहाँ लोग गमलों में तुलसी का पौधा लगाए रहते हैं.
रबी फसलों में अलसी का नाम प्रमुख है. इसमें ओमेगा-3 फैटी एसिड, प्रोटीन, फाइबर, लिगनेन, विटामिन बी, सेलेनियम, पोटेशियम, मैगनीशियम, जिंक आदि तत्व भरपूर होते हैं. चूँकि इसे फीलगुड फूड माना जाता है, क्योंकि अलसी से मन प्रसन्न रहता है. इसलिए इसे अनिद्रा की समस्या के लिए भी लाभकारी माना गया है. इसके अलावा कांसे की एक थाली में अलसी और एरण्ड के बीज का तेल घिसकर आंखों पर लेप लगाने से भी अनिद्रा की समस्या में लाभ मिलता है.
मसालों के रूप में पहचान रखने वाले आजवायन का औषधीय गुण भी भरपूर है. इसमें स्वास्थ्य, सौंदर्य, सुगंध तथा ऊर्जा प्रदान करने वाले तत्वों की प्रचुरता होती है. इसका इस्तेमाल हम अपने विभिन्न पकवानों में भी करते हैं. इसके अलावा इसका इस्तेमाल अनिद्रा की समस्या को दूर करने के लिए भी किया जाता है. इसके लिए आपको लगभग आधा चम्मच अजवायन सुबह-शाम लेना होगा इससे आपकी अनिद्रा की समस्या खत्म हो जाएगी.
मसालों के रूप में हम सौंफ के इस्तेमाल से भी परिचित हैं. इसमें भी बहुत सारे तत्व जैसे कि कैल्शियम, सोडियम, आयरन, पोटैशियम आदि शरीर को सेहतमंद रखने वाले तत्व पाए जाते हैं. नींद न आने की बिमारी के निजात में भी इसका लाभ मिलता है. इसके लिए आपको 10 ग्राम सौंफ को आधा लीटर पानी में उबालकर जब पानी आधा रह जाए तो उसमें थोड़ा सा नमक मिलाकर सुबह-शाम पीने से अनिद्रा दूर होगी.
सुन्दरता को निखारने में या बालों को चमकाने में मेहंदी के इस्तेमाल से तो हम परिचित हैं. लेकिन मेहंदी हथेली और बालों की सुंदरता निखारने के साथ-साथ अनिद्रा को दूर करने में भी महत्वपूर्ण भूमिका निभाती है. आपको बता दें कि मेहंदी के फूल उत्तेजक और हृदय मजबूती प्रदान करने वाले होते हैं. वहीँ इसका काढ़ा हृदय को संरक्षण करने तथा नींद लाने के लिए उपयोग में लाया जाता है. अपने तकिये में मेंहदी के सूख फूलों को रखने से नींद अच्छी आती है.
Epilepsy is a neurological disease which is characterised by recurring epileptic seizures. These seizures can be brief or can persist for prolonged periods. Vigorous episodes which last long can result in physical injuries such as broken bones. Mention that 6th February is International epilepsy day.
Causes of Epilepsy
The cause of this condition isn’t very evident; however, most medical practitioners attribute epileptic seizures to brain injury, tumours, infections in the brain or birth defects. Some doctors believe that epilepsy is caused due to genetic mutations and is an outcome of abnormal activity of cells in the brain. Other causes for this condition can be alcohol or narcotics withdrawal and electrolyte problems.
- Repeated seizures
- Impaired memory
- Bouts of fainting
- Short spans of blackout
- Sudden bouts of blinking and chewing
- Inappropriate repetitive movements
Types of Seizures
A seizure, also known as fit, is usually a brief episode characterised by uncontrollable jerking movement and loss of awareness due to abnormal neuronal activity in your brain. A collective occurrence of these seizures causes epilepsy.
There are three types of seizures an epileptic person usually encounters.
- Idiopathic: This kind of seizure has no apparent cause
- Cryptogenic: The doctors believe that there is a cause for the seizure but cannot detect it
- Symptomatic: These seizures occur due to a reason.
- Medication: Medication is the most common treatment in case of epilepsy. Drugs taken on a regular basis can stop the seizure partially. But in very severe cases, they seem to have no effect at all.
- Surgery: For symptomatic seizures which are caused due to abnormal brain function, surgery can be a way to get rid of seizures. In some minor cases, nerve stimulation in the brain and special diets can be prescribed to control the epileptic seizures.
Five facts about epilepsy you need to know:
- Epilepsy is not psychosis or madness and can be treated easily
- Popular celebraties with epilepsy include Aristotle, Alfred Nobel, Alexander the great, Sir Isaacs Newton, Martin Luther and Julius Caesar etc.
- Woman with epilepsy can have a normal pregnancy
- Newer medicines for epilepsy are effective and very safe
- Surgery can cure epilepsy in some patients.
When particular nerve cells in the brain don't function properly, it leads to epilepsy, which is a common brain disorder. There are several variants of epilepsy, and the one that you are suffering from would play a major role in the type of seizure you are likely to have. Here are the two most common type of seizures:
Common types of Seizures
- Generalized seizures: This type of seizures take place when nerve cells on both sides of the brain start misfiring. They may lead to black out, fall or muscle spasms.
- Focal seizures: It starts in a particular area of the brain, and the names of the seizure are based on the affected area of the brain. They may lead to both emotional and physical effects which may affect the way a person feels or sees or hear things that have no real presence. In particular cases, the symptoms of focal seizures are regarded of some other kinds of mental or nervous disorder.
Seizures are not considered an either-or thing since some people tend to have a particular type of seizure which gradually alters its course. It is not always easy to classify certain types of seizures which are called unknown-onset seizures and may lead to both physical and sensory symptoms. Both focal and generalized seizures can be categorized into various groups. The most common are listed below:
Subcategories of focal and generalized seizures
- Simple focal seizures: It may change how the senses read the surroundings of a person. It can make a familiar taste or smell appear strange. Some people feel dizzy or visualize flashes of light or make the affected individual feel nauseated or sweaty.
- Complex focal seizures: It normally happens when a part of the brain which controls emotion and memory gets affected. The affected person may feel awake even when he has lost consciousness. It can take several minutes for a person to come out of the problem.
Secondary generalized seizures: It starts when a part of the brain spreads to the nerve cells. They may lead to a few physical symptoms including muscle slackness and convulsions.
On the other hand, there are six variants of generalized seizures:
- Clinic seizure: The muscles tend to have spasms which make a face, neck, and arms jerk rhythmically. It can last for minutes together.
- Tonic-clonic seizure: These are the most notable type of seizures and leads to stiffening of the body, jerking and shaking along with the loss of consciousness. It can last between 1 to 3 minutes, and in case they go for a longer span, it is important to seek immediate medical attention. It may lead to breathing issues and may cause the person to bite his tongue or cheek.
- Tonic seizures: When the muscled in the legs or arms or trunk tense up for more than 20 seconds, it is called a tonic seizure. If the affected person is in standing position, he or she may end up falling.
Other types of generalized seizure include atonic seizure, absence seizure and myoclonic seizure which are commonly seen in people who have epilepsy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurologist.
My mother's age is 57 she is suffering from neck pain lower back pain and numbness in the right hand fingers .numbness in all five fingers continuously from morning to evening since last 20 days suffering from numbness but the numbness is till the first line only of all 5 fingers. She has consulted neuro physician he has given NUCOXIA Mr. FOR 5 DAYS ,MAXGALIP AT FOR 15 DYS ,REJUNEX CD3 FOR 15 DYS.In the 2 visit he told to avoid maxgalip as she was feeling heavy sleepy and throwing vessels in her hands with out her notice and gave ACEGABA N T. Since 15 /9/17 she is using medicine there is no improvement in numbness. Which department doctor does she need to consult. Is she using the right medicine. Will she get cure for the disease. Please help thanks.
My mother is having bp 145/90, Dr. gave her Betaloc 75, In the morning and evening she feels some kind of shivering in her legs. Can you pls suggest on the same.
Hello friends. I am Dr Sandeep Madaan. I am M.D. in Ayurveda from the University of Rajasthan. Now I have been practising Ayurveda in Delhi from last more than 14 years. Today we will talk about Migraine.
Migraine and migraine headaches are very common. The commonly affected people are middle age women in the age of 30s or 40s. It is more prevalant in the families which means that the ladies affected with this problem, pass the disease to the next generation. This disease is characterised by the headcahe. It may be one sided or both sided, but it is always episodic that means it comes in episodes like after few days, few weeks, few months. It is always associated with the diseases such as Nausea, vomiting, sleep disorder. The person find it very difficult to concentrate any needs, good sleep and often vomits and find relief in the headache.
These days many people in long term consume analgesics and many other chemical based medicines. But this is not a solution for Migraine. Ayurveda can be very effective and without side effect medicines or the supplements which are proven to be very effective in the long term.
Also, there is a special therapy called Nasya therapy in which we give special oil drops in the nose for sometime, for example- for a week or two weeks, and patient find it very effective for managing the migraine. Basically the person find that the severity of the headache decrease and the symptoms like Nausea, vomiting, lack of sleep etc. these slowly dimished. It takes around 2-3 months for the response of the therapies. But it is really very effective without any untowards side effects.
If you want to consult, you can consult me through Lybrate.
Thank you very much.
Good evening Doctor. I am male 71 yrs. Ex defence offr. Hypertensive past 35 yrs. Have pacemaker over 16 yrs. Last Angio 16 years back ×as clear. Hep B past 10 yrs. Am taking Telma 40 morning and Cilnidipine 5 evening. Have v severe backache and both my feet v bad neuropathy. My last HbA1C was 5.8. Get up 3-4 times at night for micturition every time around 200 cc. TURP done Aug 15. No problems. Have been having PUO past w-3 yrs. No diagnosis. Taken all treatments - TB, LYMES, UTI etc. My queries are - 1. Does Cilnidipine 5 mg cause frequent micturition. I read so. If so can I take it in the morning and Telma 40 in the evenings? 2. What is feet painful neuropathy due to. How to reduce ut and also prevent progress. Thank you. With warm regards.
Short course radiation therapy is the one of the most talked about subject in recent years and also a fascinating research zone. Hypofractionated radiation therapy is an old concept, but only in recent years with tremendous improvement in radiation therapy delivery technologies there is a significant visible surge in it’s applicability in clinical practice. Modern radiation therapy technology is capable of delivering high dose to the target while sparing majority of the adjacent critical structures. Hence, it is possible to deliver short course of treatment regimen with higher dose per fraction without increasing in toxicity. In brain tumours, radiosurgery with gamma-knife is considered standard of care in many of the clinical indications such as small meningiomas, acaustic schwannomas, residual low grade gliomas, AVMs and solitary/ oligo brain metastasis. Gamma-knife radiosurgery is in clinical practice for more than five decades.
There are several prospective and randomized studies (level I evidence) with long-term follow up data supporting the use of radiosurgery in these clinical indications. Other indications of radiosurgery are pituitary tumour, craniopharyngiomas, glomus tumours, chordomas and others. Robotic radiosurgery (CyberKnife®) is precision radiosurgery delivery system and an extension of gamma-knife system. CyberKnife uses the principle of gamma-knife, but with linear accelerator source instead of multiple cobalt sources. CyberKnife is capable to treating all tumours indicated for gamma-knife with similar accuracy.
This modern tool has some additional advantages from gamma-knife, such as
1) CyberKnife can use fractionated treatment, hence relatively larger tumours can be treated.
2) Require only thermoplastic mask, no need for invasive frame.
3) Has inverse planning system, can spare critical structure.
4) There is a ‘intra-fraction’ correction technology with imaging.
5) There is no need to change the source, hence may be more cost effective.
6) Can be used to treat extra-cranial tumours also. CyberKnife has a linear accelerator attached with a robot and is capable of treatment from various coplanar and non-coplanar field arrangements. CyberKnife has sub-millimeter accuracy and unmatched dose distribution.
The advanced technology behind CyberKnife uses image guidance technology and computer-controlled robotics to deliver and extremely precise dose of radiation to targets, avoiding the surrounding healthy tissue, and adjusting for patient and tumor movement during treatment. In conclusion, CyberKnife is an extension of gammaknife radiosurgery delivery system. This machine has immense promise to treat with short course regimens with high dose and improve local control without increasing toxicities. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Oncologist.
I had fever 4 days back. It was cured by allopathic medicines. But there is still joint pain swelling in toes fingers. Can not move easily. Pain sometimes like numbness sometimes sprain like pain.
Hi, I am 25 year male. I have chronic insomnia for past 6 months. I couldn't sleep for minute. Could I have pineal gland problem? Also I need to masturbate a lot this time, like compulsion. Also I feel that I am dying slowly, that my consciousness is decreasing. I have read somewhere that pineal gland is seat of consciousness. Could this all problem related to pineal gland? Which doctor should I consult? What are treatments?
Hello, doctor's one of my friend have Epilepsy (fits) age 32. He using tablets regularly. I am staying that person's home if I stay or roam with him, it can attack on me? Its spread on me.
Migraine is a severe headache affecting 1 or more in 10 people, and is basically caused by excessive stimulation of blood vessels. Indigestion, anger, stress, intake of salty and spicy food, excessive exposure to sunlight, skipping meals, tension headaches and alcohol are some common causes of this intolerable headache. Ayurveda has numerous effective remedies for migraine. Here are a few solutions to help you fight this problem.
- Shirolepa and shiro dhara are popularly used ayurveda treatments on all types of migraine patients. Shirolepa is the application of effective herbal pastes containing camphor, sandalwood, jatamansi and many more on the affected area. Shiro dhara is the process of pouring stream of thin to thick liquids over the scalp for a specified amount of time. These remedies are very commonly used and are known for their successful healing properties.
- Ayurveda presents to you a number of ancient herbs that guarantee you 100 percent relief from migraine. These may include bala, kumari, mallika, amalaki, sariva, yastimadhu, hareetaki and many more. These, when blended and mixed in appropriate quantities, give amazing results.
- Apart from these ayurveda treatments, a number of ayurveda medicines are also available. Godnati bhasma, Chandrakala rasa, Kamadugha rasa (mouktika yukta), Bhoonimbadi khada , Shirashooladi vajra rasa, Pathyadi khada are used in the treatment of various types of migraines.
- If due to some reason you are unable to access these ayurveda treatments and want immediate relief from the severe headaches, then don’t worry. There are a number of ayurveda home remedies that give you excellent results in a very short period of time. You can use an ice pack and rub it on your temples to reduce pain. Tinospora cordifolia, commonly known as giloy, can be taken with raw honey for instant relief.
- You can drop a few drops of paste of saffron and ghee into each of your nostrils and inhale deeply. This can give you amazing results and can reduce your intolerable pain. Applying sandalwood on forehead or a paste of black pepper, rice with bringaraaja juice on your forehead will do wonders to your migraine pain.
Thus, try to avoid things that trigger your pain including alcohol, caffeine, onions, beans, nuts, hunger, stress, pressure and many others, and follow these remedies to help you get rid of your headache that gets worse with time. Try not to skip meals and keep your body hydrated as much as you can. It is advisable to take the medicines and treatments under the guidance of an Ayurveda physician.
I am on libotrp 12.5/ 5 mg for insomnia but couldn't get sleep whole night can I take a zolfresh 5 mg now.
My right hand movement is not their sine 1 and half month I am under the treatment of neurologist I am taking those medicines I am 56 year old female I have done my mri on left side of my brain there are two small clots all blood reports also I have taken in that I have got thyroid that tablet also I am taking empty stomach in morning now I want to know how long period it will take to cure according to my doctor there was an paralysis attack.
Brain surgery involves several medical procedures, which incorporate fixing issues with the brain, including changes in the tissues of the brain, cerebrospinal fluid and brain blood flow. Brain surgery is quite a complicated method of surgery and the type of surgery to be conducted depends on the underlying conditions.
Reasons for Brain Surgery:
Brain surgery is performed for the correction of physical brain abnormalities. These abnormalities could occur because of diseases, birth defects and injuries. A brain surgery is required when the following conditions arise in the brain:
- Abnormal blood vessels
- Blood clots in the brain
- When the protective tissue or dura is damaged
- Due to nerve damage
- Parkinson's disease
- Any kind of pressure after an injury
- Skull fractures
- In case of stroke and tumors
A surgery may not be required for all the above mentioned conditions, but in case of many, a brain surgery is very important as the conditions may worsen health problems.
Types of brain surgeries:
- Craniotomy: During this open brain surgery, an incision is made in the scalp, and a hole is created in the skull, near the area, which is being treated. After this process is complete, the hole or bone flap is secured in its place using plates or wires.
- Biopsy: This form of brain surgery helps in the removal of a small amount of brain tissues or tumors. After removal, the tissues or tumors are examined under a microscope. The creation of a small incision and a hole in the skull is indicated as a part of this process.
- Minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery: This form of brain surgery enables the removal or lesions and tumors via the nose and sinuses. Private parts of the brain can be accessed without creating an incision. An endoscope is utilized in the process which is used to examine tumors all across the brain.
- Minimally Invasive neuroendoscopy: This process is similar to the minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery. This method also involves the use of an endoscope for removal of brain tumors. Small, dime sized holes may be made in the skull to access some brain parts.
Brain surgeries may be associated with several risks. They may be:
- Allergic reactions to anesthesia
- Blood clot formations
- Swelling of the brain
- A state of coma
- Impairment in speech, coordination and vision.
- Problems in memory
- Strokes and seizures
- Infections in the brain
A brain surgery is a serious and very complex surgery. There are different kinds of brain surgeries, which are conducted depending on the condition and severity of the disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
Alzheimer's Disease is a neurological problem that is characterised by a cognitive decline and memory loss. It is a type of neurodegenerative dementia. The symptoms of Alzheimer's Disease include not being able to absorb and retain new information, lack of reasoning and judging, not being able to take on complex tasks, impaired visuospatial abilities, problems in reading, writing and speech, among many others. If a person has at least two of these symptoms in a debilitating manner, then the diagnosis can be made in favour of Alzheimer's Disease. The main causes of Alzheimer's are shrinkage of the brain size and death of the brain cells. The immune system is also said to trigger this neurodegenerative disease.
Let us find out what medical science has found so far:
- Connections: Many a times, in Alzheimer's disease, the memory and behaviour of the person changes because the brain is unable to make proper neural connections which can lead to memory loss of how a person behaved and the elements that formed the basis of the patient's cognition. Apparently, the immune system behaves in the same way within the brain and blocks the connection. This happens because there is constant communication between the brain and immune system along neurological lines, which is where the disease first emanates.
- Inflammation: The brain is prone to inflammation or swelling that is not the normal kind. This inflammation happens as a result of the activation of the infection fighting neurotransmitters and the chemical changes that happen in the brain when an infection strikes. The inflammation usually happens in the plaques or clumps which the brain tries to protect. These clumps are made up of a protein called Amyloid. The immune system is responsible for creating this inflammation in the brain of the patient.
- Pattern Recognition Receptors: Many of these receptors work in different manners and cooperate with each other to create a response in the brain. These PRRs can be found in the brain plaques, and they develop the signs of danger which further fuels the inflammation in the brain as a matter of protection.
- Activation of Cells Linked with the Immune System: When the PRRs begin to respond, it basically activates the immune system and the cells of the same. This is the basic reaction that causes the changes in brain which then leads to the attachment of the protein to the tissue that is diseased, in which case Alzheimer's Disease starts. The inflammation that we had spoken about earlier basically happens in the nervous tissue.
It is important to recognise and act on the initial signs of Alzheimer's Disease before it progresses beyond one's control. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurologist.